Civic nationalism can't wo—

>civic nationalism can't wo—

>-work if you allow the newcomes to be a voter base, allowing for the politicians to make the ethnic displacement of the original population an effective election strategy.

Voting rights only to those who have served seems like a good idea, tho.

you can only become a citizen, or have a baby by serving as well.

>tfw will never live in either book or movie ST world.

So many good lines in that book. the philosophy is so good behind it that even when the movie tried to shit on it it still looked fucking awesome.

No I think you can have babies. Johnny's dad wasn't a veteran, in the book he joined after Johnny. They will get flogged if they get out of line though.

civic nationalism works if you have only 1 type of subclass (blacks, mexicans, hicks or chinks... not all of them)

Argentina is white in Startship Troopers, so pretty much everything goes there

fiction

>Fascist government that has to prop itself up on lies and propaganda, murders its own people in false flag attacks and creates common enemies because there is no true unifying cause is "proof that civic nationalism works"

Heinlein is so bad at writing stories. I think that's the only book he wrote that doesn't have his weird fantasies injected into it.

If only vets could vote like in ST Trump would have won in a landslide.

Rand would be our president honestly. Trump never would have needed to be a thing.

Blacks listen to uneducated celebrities and idols who have huge voices. Whites don't.. not as much.

That isn't a model of civic nationalism. It's a meritocracy.

The bugs hit first and Buenos Aires was not a false flag. The bugs are also a metaphor for communism.

Let's be honest, western civilization would have never been in jeopardy if this were implemented early enough

Still time. Even though the military is getting more pozed vets as a whole are very right wing. Libertarians would probably be considered centrists.

You are thinking about combat arms. Which is mostly whites. The army is full of welfare queen brown folk who would vote cuck as fuck tbqhqyfamalamadingdong

In ST non-combat jobs are made purposely shitty to weed out the shitbags. They basically do everything they can to make you quit and you can quit at any time without penalty.

They have breakdowns for the current military and it skews heavy right. Veterans in total would be even more right wing and the democrats that are popular with vets are your Jim Webb types.

thanks for posting a required reading for any young white man. also, it has nothing to do with (((civic nationalism))) you fucking pleb noob 12 year old.

exactly. dat shower scene tho bruh.

SPOILER ALERT:
Everyone dies in the end

Well no, they it says they will find a way to serve. It just means some fuckers are human guinea pigs and others are counting rocks and shit. Everyone has the opportunity.

I'm in the military, so my information is first hand an anecdotal, but I have seen thousands of soldiers, and a huge number are straight niggers. And they vote like niggers, and drink henny like niggers, and commit crime like niggers.

"Superficially, our system is only slightly different; we have democracy unlimited by race, color, creed, birth, wealth, sex, or conviction, and anyone may win sovereign power by a usually short and not too arduous term of service—nothing more than a light workout to our cave-man ancestors. But that slight difference is one between a system that works, since it is constructed to match the facts, and one that is inherently unstable. Since sovereign franchise is the ultimate in human authority, we insure that all who would wield it accept the ultimate in social responsibility—we require each person who wishes to exert control over the state to wager his own life—and lose it, if need be—to save the life of the state."

Just wanted to add on that the military is gov gibs me dat, and a lot vote according to that truth. and in this case the gibber is the republican party, so you do have some darkies crossing party lines, but just for more handouts.

FICTION

This is correct. All can have babies, but those who served are considered citizens.

ALSO, it is F I C T I O N

how?

The military is a lot different these days. Used to be you had to maintain a certain level of military bearing even if you were black but now if you really ride someone about it you'll get an EO complaint so every NCO is afraid to fuck people up. I got out in 2014, was pretty bad then and I imagine it's even worse now.

No no no user you have it wrong.
In Starship Troopers everyone is equal, you can have children, you are a citizen, you can do anything a citizen can do.
With one exception, you can not vote unless you give back to the people.
The easiest way to do this is by enlisting or commission in Starship Trooper land, by becoming a soldier and fighting for the people, you can also vote for the people as it's your right since you gave up so much.
However at the start of the book, there were other ways. Politicians did not get the amounts of money they do in our world. You can give to the people in other ways (local police force, dedicating your free time working for free to clean the land "volunteering") that could gain you your citizenship.
It's just the average dude/gal who works a 9 to 5 and does nothing for the people, can not vote for the people.
A man who volunteers endless documented hours serving the government for free as a receptionist during his off duty time for instance would gain all the benefits of being a voting citizen. As Johnny talks to one or briefly mentions a man like this at the start of his personal life tale as a way to describe the system.

You can't just say you did something either, it's all documented. They keep careful track of every record involving the citizens.
It's like communism, but without the fucktard hippie ideology.
If you give to the government, the government gives to you.

what are some potential problems with this?

So they don't vote, steal shit, and get discharged for muh dick? Not a problem when combat arms is like 90%+ Republican.

Realistically none and I mean this in the most simple way as it would be less problems than any current ideology we have.
Liberals hated this ideology becomes it seems too Up in Arms (military industrial complex) for their liking.
However as I said, anyone who sacrificed for the people could vote for the people.
I have no evidence for my upcoming statement, but I feel safe in saying a regular citizen who saves a young child from being hit by a car. Could be hailed as a hero and given voting rights as he did something positive for his community.
It's almost utopia in a sense. You don't need a high IQ, you don't need to be born into a rich family.
Just work for your community, as I stated volunteering your free time to work for the government was a way to gain voting status in the book.
The only benefit to the military was you got voting status, were paid more, and you still had your free time.
Pretty equal sacrifice if you ask me.

Potential problems maybe...
Mass rebellion on some continents from groups of people who feel they have it worst because they don't get to vote.
Potential abuse of the system as one generation may work really hard just to gain the ability to vote and make drastic law changes that would make the next generation do even less to gain voting ability, so on and so on, until it degrades entirely.

However in their world, they had already gone through this.
The law was like the new ten commandments. Those who had the right to vote often voted in favor of those who had the right to vote. Therefore making it an achievable dream that if you worked hard you might enter the voting cast and gets GIBS ME DATS legitimately and no one would complain. As you worked hard to get there.
If the law states that all voting citizens were given a basic pension for instance and you worked your entire life to become a voting citizen, would you suddenly vote that this pension should go to everyone who didn't work as hard as you?

You can only be a citizen by serving. It would be more accurate to say non-citizens can do everything citizens can except vote.

Furthermore race would become less of an issue, as would sex, "gender", sexuality, etc.
You simply vote on such things. If blacks worked hard to become voting citizens, why not give them a little relief. What's it to you personally in this theoretical world? The average black probably would be lazy and not enlist or volunteer to become a voting citizen. So you're not giving everyone GIBS ME DAT.
So why not reward the few that gave something back to you?
I'm perfectly fine with this world.

Dude you're flat out wrong, exert incoming.
>The people of the Terran Federation are either "Citizens" or "Civilians". Everyone is born a "Civilian", and at age 18 every "Civilian" has the right to enroll for a minimal 2-year term of "Federal Service". After completing a term of Federal Service "Civilians" become "Citizens" and gain the right to vote.

In theory a completed term of Federal Service ensures a "Citizen" is willing to put the needs of the community before their own personal well-being. This is because Federal Service is tough and dangerous (by design). It can involve joining the military, being a human guinea pig, testing survival equipment, or manual labour. The Federation makes it quite easy to quit a term of service before completion (even during war-time), but once someone has quit they are never allowed to enroll again. This is to ensure that all volunteers are dedicated, whilst also discouraging people from leaving.
As I said, there were other ways of gaining voting status. It even says manual labor, or equipment testing.
Please don't argue with me, i've read that book so many times in the last 28 years of my life.
I've written papers on it.
I know what i'm talking about.
Volunteering was indeed a way to gain voting rights. It just might not be as glamorous as the way I described.

besides fighting scary bugs, it doesn't seem too bad

Next exert incoming.
>In theory a completed term of Federal Service ensures a "Citizen" is willing to put the needs of the community before their own personal well-being. This is because Federal Service is tough and dangerous (by design). It can involve joining the military, being a human guinea pig, testing survival equipment, or manual labour. The Federation makes it quite easy to quit a term of service before completion (even during war-time), but once someone has quit they are never allowed to enroll again. This is to ensure that all volunteers are dedicated, whilst also discouraging people from leaving.

Sorry I posted them out of order user.

see
for proof to my statement, Johnny mentions all of these things in the book.
There were other ways to become a "citizen" other than just military enlistment.
Anything you did for the people was rewarded in their world. If you worked tougher jobs to help other people, you got paid more also.
Literally, help your fellow man and the government will help you.

I see nothing wrong with this life, it's even biblical in some aspects.

>After completing a term of Federal Service "Civilians" become "Citizens" and gain the right to vote.

This contradicts what you said here
>In Starship Troopers everyone is equal, you can have children, you are a citizen

It be fine as long as the those in power were fair, just, and hyper intelligent

Those bugs/soldiers look way cooler than the movie

>>tfw will never live in either book or movie ST world

In History and Moral Philosophy class. Learning how force is the supreme authority from which all other authority is derived from. Eager to sign up to the military and conquer the galaxy in the name of mankind.

Wake up from my daydream in public school in the twenty first century. Listen to a fat, ugly and illiterate sheboon screeching on about how western civilization is evil. Realize you will never have a teacher as red pilled as Michael Ironside.

Don't misquote me user,
I stated quite simply, everyone was equal with one exception.
Only civilians who have done something for the people gain the right to vote. Becoming citizens.
You can still have kids, you can still purchase land, do anything a citizen can. EXCEPT VOTE.
That's literally the only difference in their world.
You do this by serving the people and government in some way.
I did not contradict myself, I've stated nothing wrong other than maybe incorrectly stating certain nouns at times. I'm horrible at proofreading. However as I posted soon after.

>This is because Federal Service is tough and dangerous (by design). It can involve joining the military, being a human guinea pig, testing survival equipment, or manual labour.

Joining the military is once again, not the only way to get voting rights. You just have to serve in whatever standard their world allows you to serve. I don't try to know, because the book is vague on the subject. I'm not wrong though.
>All people are equal with the exception that those who serve the people and government get the right to vote.
>There are multiple ways to serve the government.
These two statements are correct and both have citations via the book in question.
Can we go back to discussing how cool this type of world would be?
Because I really do think it could be the future.

ACTUALLY!

In the movie during the shower scene, the baby woman said it increases your chances for a license, not a requirement.

Realistically nothing is wrong with this system so long as they allow anyone to serve.

Don't forget to include the police. Sure, they don't go through as much danger, but they're as right-wing as they come, dealing with the ugly face of degeneracy on a daily basis.

>If you give to the government, the government gives to you.

You are right with everything except this. There government is non-communist, and gives nothing to citizens except the right to vote. Its exactly how our governments work. The key difference is the value of voting still exists as one of the most important aspects of society. People are willing to serve and do anything they can for the country so that they can vote, and people who don't accept that they get no vote since they haven't earned it.

I actually love that type of society, and I believe it should be implemented irl.

>Just work for your community, as I stated volunteering your free time to

In the books they also had power armour, they wernt just meat shields running into arachnids like the movies.

Also tactical nukes for days.

Ostensibly nothing, but you have to remember that the society in Starship Troopers is written to be a utopian state. Shit doesn't fly if you hold it under any scrutiny.