Heritage Thread

I'll start.

Old thread.

or

Very Nordic, I like it
Rather nice, how long has your family been in America?

bamp

Also. Pic is the flag of the Fenno-Swedish minority in Finland.

Thanks. Couldn't help but notice your American roots go back pretty far too.

About a hundred years, give or take, on my dad's side. Oldest ancestor I can confirm in America was born in Virginia in 1764, family spread out from there. So, well over 250 years on my Scottish/English side. The Welsh came even later than my dad's side did.

I want to try and discover if we had anyone fighting in the Revolutionary War, assuming they weren't loyalists. We had a Virginian secede.

Very nice. My direct paternal ancestor came from Lincolnshire, England in about 1630. I know of two ancestors who fought in the Revolution, one fighting in both Lexington and Bunker Hill.

German citizen of ethnic Russian heritage, wife is ethnic German of Prussian Saxony origin with one Jewish Lutheran convert grandparent, two boys of our own, one girl from Nepal and one girl from Eretria.

what is the flag in the left? Russian Finns?

I think ethnic Swedes in Finland

My family tree is just English dating back to the 12th century when it becomes hard to find surnames. I assume my direct name ancestor was Norman.

My kids are Anglo-American.

Swedish finns, although Alan's flag is much better

Yes, Fenno-Swedes. Came from Dalarna around 1600 if I remember correctly. Although they also mixed a bit with the Finns. I'm a bit over 20% Finnish according to 23andme.

Follow Up:
On both sides of my family there were major land-owners. On my father (Prussian) side, my great great grandfather served as a high ranking officer for Kaiser Wilhelm, and as a reward for his service received 1000's of acres of fertile land in what is now Kaliningrad.

The Ukrainian side of my family comes from east and west Ukraine where they were under Russian and Polish rule for periods of time.

>mfw all this racemixing

Just got my results back from FTDNA, I'm from Croatia and 3 generations back all of my family was born in Croatia and we all consider ourselves Croats, I know that I have ancestors from Czechia, Hungary and southern germany (I have a germanic surname) and it seems like I don't share any southern european DNA at all with the next Croat. What surprised me is the small amounts of iberian and scandinavian

NIGGER

>Part-Time Warlord etc.
Obvious bait.

99.999% sure it's also bait.

>muh Sweden Yes