Why are Gen X all fuck ups?

Why are Gen X all fuck ups?

Every generation is worse than the one before it.

at least until the blood of the weak spills and only the strong are left

that hasnt happened for a few centuries now

must of been gi joe cartoons and transformers conditioning us to be fuck ups

are we?
> saw the greatest movies ever made growing up
> old enough to have a knowledge of music from the 70s
> young enough to have a knowledge of the vidya of the 80s and 90s
> Last generation to grow up in European dominated America
> work hard. generally successful
> homeowners

there's got to be some reason why redditors pretending always pretend they grew up with your childhood

Hail Santa!

We had more and better drugs than the 70's

You're right, it's almost as if someone or something is making this happen

They we're lied to. They grew up with all the promises of being the most successful generation in history, only to have the rug pulled out from under them after they established career.

millennials on the other hand grew up with everything being fucked up already. We didnt have any unrealistic expectations about life.

Older genertions assume tht were naive and lazy, we're just too smart to get caught up in your rat maze and are patiently waiting for the boomers ti die off.

^this.
pretty much no one mentions gen x. they off the radar for good reasons.
>last generation before IQs started to drop. Apex predators.
That pic doesn't look like a fuck up to me. Looks like someone ready to gangster blast some bitches when the time comes.

But gen X was there for the 70s dummy.

They're better than Gen Y and boomers. Gen Y is literally the second coming of boomers.

They were raised by Boomers.

Raised by indifferent parents and schooled by hippy teachers.
Most genx are dead from suicide or drugs.

You just jealous we da real x men.

Gen X is fine why are you asshurt OP they got shit sandwiched between Boomers and Millenials but managed to come out okay.

did GEN X abandoned the values of their parents?
and so on and so on

you can keep asking that question when looking back, truth is;
> there has never been a grounded moral foundation ever before
> all the progress in humanities and sciences and morals have come from contrarian thinking of stubborn individuals
> before relativism there was just religious dogma

it's not that we've lost north, we never had one to start with

even if the loss of traditions push the civilization further away from natural law, it was never grounded on it, there were just some coincidences

>Why is Gen X blah blah
from OP he seems to have avoided spilling soup on his tie of blowing his fown ace off... looks like he has his shit together to me

>that hasnt happened for a few centuries now
WW2 was only about 75 years ago.

clarey was the basis for pol/tan

Because they were unwanted latchkey kids, who were experimented on with shoddy educational techniques (open classrooms) and were told they were a worthless generation from the time they were born.

False. The Liberty generation was told they were worthless soundrels by their next elder Progressives. Then they formed the USA. The Missionaries accused the Lost generation of being worthless criminal scum, then they became the revered generals of WWII who led the G.I. generation to victory.

Generations are cyclical in nature. As is child-rearing. A generation is raised with minimum protection (like Gen X) and scorned, then the next generation is raised with increasing protection (Millennials), and the children of Millennials are being more sheltered than what we have witnessed in our lifetime. The children of "Gen Z" will likely be raised with decreasing protection, and THEIR children will be raised akin to the Gen X, the Lost, and Liberty generations with minimum protection by parents.

It's all one big cycle that's been repeating itself for centuries.

We're not all fuckups, that's just as idiotic as saying all Boomers are greedy and all Millennials are snowflakes. We're a very small generation that in most part was disillusioned at a young age, hence the "slacker" stereotype. I will admit that we have lost a good share to alcoholism, drugs, and suicide.
Though neglected by our parents, we were the last gen to taste whatever picket fence normalcy was leftover from the 50s/60s. Also due to that neglect, many of us were at least partially reared by our Greatest gen grandparents, which imparted many good values to us. I wouldn't trade my pre-computer age childhood, rough as it was, for anything.

Boomers fucked every generation after them

witnessed

They grew up during time where the average marriage had more chance of ending in divorce than succeeding but where getting a divorce still had some stigma.

>That manlet feeling warm and aglow just holding a rifle is an apex predator gonna fuck a man up
Autists believe in non-violence until you take their snickers. Are you implying someone will take his snickers?

I assume if he was a non-violent fucker he would be looking at the weapon with a look of shock on his face as he poses for the picture which goes to the caption "I can't believe how EASY it was to buy this weapon of mass destruction with MY mental health record".

Where does gen X begin and end? 1965-1980?

> The strong are left
Not sure that this is how you meant that to read