How will millennial teachers affect the next generation of Americans?

Pic related, thoughts?

lol it always entertains me when they post pictures of dumb grading like OP pic, but I think they're fake

To put it into perspective, think like this.

How will boomer teachers affect the next generation of Americans?

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, millennials and their ideology (Social Justice) is the product of the 60s hippies, who now run the academia, so once our generation is in charge of academia - it will produce a much more radicalised generation.

Our future is grim now that the bad hombres are in charge.

What's wrong?
They already sawed one piece, so it's safe to assume that they will be twice as fast now working on a new piece to saw.

Looks fake, no teacher can be this dumb.

If one cut takes 10 minutes, 2 cuts take 20. Are you daft?

Troll.

The teacher is correct.
this problem is supposed to teach you abstract thinking.

plot twist
it's still 10 minutes
that's how long it takes Marie to persuade her boyfriend to saw her fucking bit of wood up for her

Sure, I'll bite
>If she works just as fast

OP's pic is obviously a fake though

>just as fast
>just as fast sawing boards in total
>just as fat sawing each board

Meant for

It's not abstract though, it's matter of fact.

Doesn't change the fact a board being sawed once becomes 2 pieces, sawed twice becomes 3 you fucking moron.

Its not the teachers, its the common core that (((they))) implemented. Seriously go look up the Jew who did this.

I think your're abstractly retarded.

It is abstract.
You're supposed to tackle a visual problem in an abstract way.
This is a good way to weed out all the autists.

Abstract != completely fucking wrong.

If she took 10 minutes to cut it, cutting it again just as fast would take another 10 minutes you fucking spastic shitcunt.

Ha ha teacher dun goffd

I'm quickly losing my faith in humanity...

this reply is a troll

cutting a board into 2 takes 1 single cut. That single cut took her 10 minutes (fucking woman).
cutting a board into 3 pieces takes 2 cuts. if 1 cut takes her 10 minutes, how long will 2 cuts take her? 20 minutes.

The question should be "Why are women so fucking useless?"

>another board

I do not believe this is real.

Tell your boss you were just being abstract in the meeting. I'm sure you'll get abstract unemployment after being fired.

>Flag
leaf please you know nobody will take you seriously either way with that shit on so just take it off.

>expecting women to know anything about manual labor
>probably grading from a guidebook

No, don't be silly. Every cut reduces in time to perform. So sawdust is almost instantaneous.

Teachers are already fucking retarded and it's obviously only going to get worse with the diversity handicap. That and you still cannot punish students for being retarded.

t. tutor

Shit's fucked. I thought those before and after Sup Forums memes were just that, but everything is pissing me off lately.

This is why so many autistic people struggle with higher level mathematics.

If by what you mean is, do the problem incorrectly, yes you may have a point.

depends on where she cuts the board, entirely. Without this, we don't know the answer they're looking for and 20, 15, or 2.46 minutes are all plausible answers

This is the problem with the question

A kid today can learn k-college level material on Khan Academy in a year or 2 that it's a joke.

That's why you demand the pupil to explain his reasoning in 2-3 sentences. It requires him to think critically and refines his reading comprehension. But I guess that's too much work for the teacher?

1 board, cut into 2 pieces by making 1 single cut which takes 10 minutes to complete. Take 1 board and make 2 cuts to get 3 boards. Your answer is 20 lads, stop hurting your brains. 10 minute per cut, 2 cuts to get 3 boards = 20 minutes.

Dude who cares, I'm finished with school
I don't worry about kid stuff, I'm not a closet pedophile like you guys

They can also watch twitch for 8 hours while drinking energy drinks.

this is either fake or retarded

primary school teachers have dificulty grading answers with an non binary answer it seems

You're the only autist needing to be weeded out here mate

watching twitch while doing khan academy while working part-time on twitch donations

It doesn't matter what it's 'supposed' to teach you if the answer she expects is objectively wrong

You have to use your katana on the second piece.

Too much effort mate, let's watch some hearthstone unpacking instead

Teacher is a moron, she has never cut wood in her life and couldn't conceptualize the problem.

It's like restriction enzymes in DNA, circular plasmid, to linear, to pieces.

She imagined 2 pieces required 2 cuts, instead of 1 board becoming 2.

If the answer is 15 then the board was halved twice. The student should have anticipated that there was information not in the question that he had to understand.

If we assume periodic boundary conditions then 15 min is correct.

She cuts a 1x1 meter board down the middle. It took 10 minutes because she is a useless cunt and now she has 2 boards. If she takes one of those boards, which now has the dimension of 0.5x1 meter, she could cut it down the shortened length. It is half the length of the previous cut and would take half the time. However, the teacher never explains where the second cut takes place, so any length and any amount of time is the right answer because the details of the question are too vague

the teacher is wrong by her own fucking retard answer. if it takes 15 minutes for 3 pieces then it could 17 minutes for 4 pieces

spit into two then split one into two and then take the smallest and split that cause why the fuck not?

this kind of garbage is just so they can demoralize white boys and also give niggers/females more marks. they want white boys to know (((they))) control what's right or wrong even if it's irrational and wrong they decide.

Reminder that common core is a way to stop children from investigating sacred geometry and the golden ratio

Could it be, that they are not allowed to demand open answers and reasonings or risk to be charged by parents in case they give it a bad grading?

My math teacher often demanded a reasoning. The grading ultimately relied on his personal requiremts. It can be abused but damn he was a good teacher. Impossible if the teacher is required to make an objective grading instead of grading each student individually

i'm a carpenter and i think the teacher might be mistaken

Pic provided in op
It's a fucking stick

>cut a small thin rectangle off the end of a board in 10 minutes
>cut the smaller piece in half in no time

but only small % of kids are capable of doing that

how is she going to saw with those girly arms, checkmate jews

Also, here's a proof that her logic is flawed:

>20 minutes for 4 pieces
>15 minutes for 3 pieces
>10 minutes for 2 pieces
>5 minutes for 1 piece

That's nonsense because it takes you zero minutes to cut an object already in one piece into piece. She's trying to make them solve a mathematical function like this:

Time = Pieces x 5 minutes
y = 5x

But in reality it's this:
y = 10(x - 1)

>0 minutes for 1 pieces
>10 minutes for 2 pieces
>20 minutes for 3 pieces
>30 minutes for 4 pieces

This is why you don't let women teach math. All of our airplanes in the sky would crash if it were the case.

this. you can cut a board in 2 pieces and have a bit of throwaway material, means 2 cuts.

the question is simply too open and both answers are valid, althought 15 makes more sense.

>Correcting math problems will negatively affect future generations?

I think that's what your saying at least.

The answer is supposed to be 15, but the question is just worded incredibly badly.

Took her 10 min to saw that stick (see op pic)
So girly arms factor is taken into account

it took her 9 minutes to find a man to do the work and 1 minute for him to saw it in half
the answer is 11 minutes

1 board = 1
2 peices = 2x
time = 10

2x * 1 = 10
x*1 = 5
x=5 minutes

I have a bachelor's of science from a good university

This

The question just says 3 pieces, not equal pieces so any answer could be right depending on the size of the cuts

>cutting planks
>abstract
T. millenial teacher

yeah, i can see bitchy parents with shitty kids getting their way over a teacher.
my mom teaches sped kids and she says its really hard to hold back kids that give no effort to learn, so i guess the work evolved to the needs of the kid

I'm a millenial teacher. On vacation right now thanks to all this god tier vacation time.

>people thinking there's another western generation

That's why they import people like me to teach at your Colleges.

that makes it even fucking more retarded and wrong then. if it takes you 10 minutes to cut width wise

1 cut = 10 min = 2 pieces

2 cuts = 20 min = 3 pieces

Gotta love American education. Kek

TEACHER IS RIGHT. CHILD IS RIGHT. EVERYONE IS RIGHT. QUESTION IS RETARDED.

Yes, the formula is y = 5x but that doesn't mean it makes sense for the example, which is the entire gist of OP's point. It's actually y = 10(x - 1) but you can't argue either because it's not written clearly and requires assumptions on the person answering the question.

See: Neither answer is wrong, it's just a question of which formula is right for the situation.

you're assuming what dimension the board is, lad.

if it's a square board, cut in half, that takes 10 minutes, then cutting one half along the short side would take 5 minutes, therefore 15 could be the correct answer.

But, if she cut the board along the long way, it would be another 10 minutes, where 20 would be the correct answer.

The dimensions of the original board is missing

Came here to say THIS.

Are you retarded?

what's the dimension of the board then, faggot? how do you know which way marie is cutting?

>sqrt(2)=1

Answer:
There's not enough information to complete the problem.

Learn me plz! I paid absolutely zero attention in school and I'm interested, I didn't care for this sacred or spiritual stuff until recently.

Pretty sure it was a 2x4 with a butter knife you fucking misogynistic pig

Nonsense. The only thing missing from that site are motivational seminars for kids.

Ive improved more in math in 2 months than my entire hs career using kahn academy. Wish I cared about math back then, I would've been one of the best students.

Why is it taking this bitch ten minutes to saw a board

If your teacher had any idea that this many people gave a shit.. you should show them this thread

I hated multiple choice exams, they were always harder than short response or math.

Biochem was the worst

A- something stupidly wrong
B- sounds plausible but is wrong
C- true, but not the 'most' correct
D- 'most' correct answer
E- trick question none of the above

REEEEEEEE

Then she cut small 3 pieces in less than 10 minas well.

Forget three pieces she can cut dozens of small pieces is they are not required to be equal size

If you're good at algebra you'll be good at languages too

Well
She needs those 5 minutes to
>protect her new nail polish
>find the damn wood piece and the saw
>arrange them on the table
>take 20 selfies
>select the one that emphasises her new makeup best
>post on instagram saying "I'm about to cut wood lol "
Then only she would start cutting effectively needing 10 minutes to cut in two and 15 to cut in three.

>twice as fast
>sawing wood

Holy shit she thought "cut into 2" meant "make 2 cuts" meaning she thinks the rate per cut is 5 min instead of 10. This HAS to be fake, nobody can be this retarded.

There is no condition present in the problem saying she cut the board into two halves using the shortest / most effective method.

wow nice teacher we got here. if it takes her 10 minutes to make one cut:

-------l--------

>This is why you don't let women teach math. All of our airplanes in the sky would crash if it were the case.
Made my day

I started teaching myself french recently. I'm still a noob but I've come to realize all education is self-education. Also god bless the internet

Marie needs to step it the fuck up. Production is down.

I assumed when the question said 3 pieces, they meant 3 EQUAL pieces, so instead of cutting down the middle you cut at the 1/3 and 2/3 points, all cuts of which should take the same time

requesting the pic of the female programmer with the trendy lunch and shit code next to the "WOW WE NEED YOU AT OUR START UP!" comment