Becoming Christian

How do I become a Christian, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
ancientfaith.com/radio
nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=3tBqdKGiqnI&t=267s
pastebin.com/2rE83qNV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Worship a Jew

Yesss, do Jew.

Are you honest or are you looking to just troll?

Honest. Tell me where to start.

First and foremost you need to believe in god

- CS Lewis: Suprised by Joy

Second of all you need to believe in Christianity

- GK chesterton: The everlasting man

Third of all you need to pick a sect

-Base it on where you live

Now read the bible.

Were they at an Ariana Grande concert too?

Believe that he was the son of god, crucified and rose again on the third day. Repent of your sins and stop sinning. Schedule baptism soon. Buy a bible and read it if you don't already have one, take in a bit of the word every single day.

begome Orthodox

Friendly reminder that if you aren't an Anglican, you are a heretic.

The story of Jesus as recorded in the gospels is about what happens when the Spirit of God appears on Earth, and is resisted by the worldly powers of organized religion and the state. Anytime the message of Christ becomes co-opted by religious doctrine or state power, it has already abandoned its roots, since at its core the Jesus story is about how those very powers will stop at nothing to subvert and destroy the Christ. Though of course they can never succeed - to those with eyes to see and ears to hear, the King remains enthroned.

Christ shows us that self-giving sacrificial love is the true power in the universe, not the top-down tyrannical brute strength of Caesar. Christ's earliest followers proclaimed "Jesus is Lord!", rather than "Caesar is Lord!" which regions conquered by the empire were required to say. The implied subversive question - who is making a better Kingdom? Caesar who puts people on crosses, or Christ who bears the cross in love for all? Caesar who dominates and kills all who oppose with brute strength, or God who raised Christ from the dead?

Why is self-giving sacrifice the ultimate power? Picture water. In some senses, the most submissive substance imaginable. It will flow through your fingers, fit any container you put it in. Yet nothing can compete with it for domination of the planet - it covers 70% of Earth's surface. It uses its power not to dominate like a tyrant, but to quietly nourish each and every thing that lives. This is built into Creation as a prefiguration of Christ. The blood of Christ is spiritual water, and those who drink of it will never thirst again.

become a spineless cuck

Repent your sins and beg God for forgivness. Read the Bible and attent to the masses.

Go to church and read a bible, it won't just come to you or be forced on you, you must have faith and then you have to really want to become one. Start praying, asking for forgiveness, thankfulness, etc.

How's the lesbian priests working out for you?

Here is a simple video explaining the starting point.
youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY

Bash your head into a wall, reject a substantial amount of scientific theory and worship a jew

At church, look for a priest who has time to guide you in your study of the Bible.
Attend Bible studies.
Yes, Eastern Orthodox Christianity is the ancient, original and unaltered, uncucked version of Christianity.

go to church every week
stop masturbating to degenerate things

I highly recommend Ancient Faith Ministries radio if you're into Orthodox Christianity. They have a talk channel and a music channel which is entirely beautiful byzantine chants.

ancientfaith.com/radio

Repeat after me:
I believe in one God,
The Father Almighty,
Maker of heaven and earth,
Of all things visible and invisible;
And in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
The only begotten Son of God,
Born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, light from light, true God from true God,
Begotten, not made, of the same substance as the Father,
By whom all things were made,
Who, for us men and for our salvation,
Descended from heaven,
And was incarnated by the Holy Spirit
From Virgin Mary, and was made man,
And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate,
Suffered, and was buried,
And rose again on the third day, following the Scriptures,
And ascended to heaven, sits at the right hand of the Father,
And is to come again with glory,
To judge the living and the dead,
Whose reign shall have no end;
And in the Holy Spirit, Lord and giver of life,
Who proceeds from the Father,
Who is with the Father and the Son similarly glorified,
Who has spoken through the prophets;
And in one, holy, catholic, apostolic church;
And confide one baptism for the remission of sins;
And expect the resurrection of the dead
And the life to come to the world. Amen.

t. nicaea

Believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was born to the blessed Virgin Mary, died on the cross and resurrected on the third day.

Read the Bible, christian theology (St. Augustine, St. Thomas Aquinas, Pope Benedict XVI) and popular works by christian thinkers like C.S. Lewis and G.K. Chesterton. Watch Jordan Peterson's Bible series on Youtube.

Once you understand christian thought, start going to Church, start praying regularly, repent your sins and start live in accordance with commamdments of God. Develop an interior dialogue in your soul with Jesus, so that he will guide you in the fight against satanist marxism.

I would gladly become Chirstian if there was a sect that took the Bible metaphorically and not remotely literally, but also wasn't a liberal circlejerk like the Unitarian Universalists.

A nice conservative sect that understood the importance of tradition but also didn't go full retard and expect me to literally believe the fairy tale bullshit from the Bible actually happened would be perfect.

read more

If everything is metamorphical then its just gnosticism.

Don't

You can do whatever you want, faggot. Freedom of religi-
>leaf
Oh, I'm so sorry.

What exactly am I meant to read that would make the Bible more believable?

I think you mean agnosticism.

No, I mean Gnostic Christianity or new age spiritualism

>mfw talking to qt3.14 on okcupid who's a shy christian girl
>mfw talking about the bible with her and discussing theories
>mfw I don't stand a chance with her but it's nice to talk to a girl

someday I'll find a girl...someday

The Everlasting Man

If only the bible let you commit suicide

I can only say what I know for Protestantism, but I'd look at Textus Receptus translations of the Bible.

I wouldn't delve too deep into the histories called the apocryphal books, stick to the inspired texts of the New Testament a use it to interpret the Old Testament.

Don't jump to wild conclusions or be easily led into cults, but stick to the faith. God is your savior, and you are saved by faith. Not of your own volition but because you trust that God is able to deliver you, understanding that he is the only one that is able to deliver you.

And have some peace of mind, because when you believe the gospel of Christ, your soul will saved, even if you were to chastened by God in this life for sinning more which always happens to a degree. Live an honest life and use the spirit that God will give you to discern the truth, and know that when you appear before him on the last day, even if you are ashamed of yourself, Christ will not be ashamed to call you a brother.

>one does not simply stop masturbating to degenerate things. Especially since degeneracy is subjective

>>mfw I don't stand a chance with her
first of all, through God, all things are possible

Stop masturbating entirely you fucking loser

I'm looking to become Christian myself. You would recommend reading the New Testament first?

Go to your local catholic church and ask to join the church. Rcia starts in September and you'll be baptised and confirmed at easter vigil. God be with you

Is RCIA for someone who was baptized and took first communion but basically stopped going to church after that (at 8 years old)? I really want to rejoin the catholic church but really need to re-learn a lot of things and be confirmed.

You forgot "and from the son"

Just kidding please don't hurt me my eastern brothers.

The creed is the most important piece of liturgy and is more important than the lords prayer

go listen to some podcasts that approach it from that angle. The RobCast and LectioCast are a great start

oh and of course Jordan Peterson's podcast, if you don't already

Absolutely. Reading John, Acts, Romans and Revelation is a great start but you should then finish the whole NT and then read the OT.

Psalms and proverbs and the major prophets are the most important parts, but it will take a long time before you understand what all there is to learn. But as the Lord said in Luke, the whole bible is about him. Furthermore, you will learn to an extent the spirit of evil as it is portrayed in the bible and describes almost with frightening accuracy the behavior of mob rule and shills you read about these days.

The OT btw was a teacher in general that taught people that no one could follow God's laws, which is why we needed mercy from him by faith instead. It's the only way out.

Hmm I'm not sure. Ask your priest but you probably will need to do rcia as you never got confirmed. God be with you

Good call pal!

Bend over and let me inject you with the holy spirit you delecious little innocent Christian girl.

give away all your money and goods to the poor.
follow jesus.
that's what he said to do but nobody bothers it any longer.

The New Testament is in the Old Testament Concealed, the Old Testament is revealed in the New Testament. The 1st 5 books have some passages that when you read them make no sense to a new Christian, and is the reason that many Christians fail to completely read the Bible from cover to cover. If you read the Old Testament understanding that everything points to the New Testament it will be easier to read. Therefore for new Christians it is better that they read the new Testament before reading the Old Testament.

Also read the new testament. Eastern Orthodox Bible EOB is the best English translation based on the patriarchal text and cross examined with the majority text textus recptus and critical text. It is a literal translation with the focus being on being as accurate and precise as possible. It is written by the orthodox community in America and sanctioned by the church as the go to englisg translation. It also has great apologetics and historical essays in it

youre probably a sexual pervert going by your christ chan picture looking for a virgin and not looking for god

so why should i tell you

Thanks for the suggestions

Read the bible its the word of god , the rest will follow

did you know that hitler was a christian that he was atheist or pagan is a jewish lie , in his book mein kampf he references the bible a lot

Their sword will become our plow, and from the tears of war the daily bread of future generations will grow.

nobeliefs.com/hitler.htm
-Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)

Note: "Their sword will become our plow" appears to paraphrase Micah 4:3 about beating swords into ploughshares, but his tears of war more resembles Joel 3:9-10 "Beat your plowshares into swords."

Well first, acquire some knowledge on God. I recommend "The Reason for God". Then read up on Christ, probably "The Case for Christ" (I know I'm not original but its arguably the best). Once you've learned about God's love, accept Christ as his son, I did this through prayer, personally. Get yourself a bible and then start going to church, after that you'll be walking with the Lord. Bless, user.

There were rich people that believed in him during his time here on earth, and in Acts even people in the court of Caesar believed in Christ.

The time when he told the rich man to sell all his things and to follow him was a statement where he was asking him to no longer put trust in his own life but only in Christ, but he didn't want to do it because he cared about those things more. It's important to analyze your priorities, but being without possessions is by no means a requirement to being saved.

It is however if you want to follow what he did and take the road less traveled, which is more rewarding to suffer. God does not expect us all to do that.

Easy
First you have to sit down in the bathroom
Place an open bible under your butt, just above the water of the wc
And take a dump on it
Then you eat it

And now become a gnostic and stop being stupid.

Listen carefully

youtube.com/watch?v=3tBqdKGiqnI&t=267s

>being straight out of reddit

pastebin.com/2rE83qNV

Rather be reddit than worship a Jew

>I have zero knowledge about christ, what he did and what he said, and why jews hate him as a result, the post.

Why do underage fags always interject into topics they know nothing about? But go ahead and continue, your ignorance only shows how much you want to stay bluepilled, and refuse to experience different perspectives, despite that cute little nazi flag you wear to try and fit in.

ur a fuckin atheist dude you dont believe in god you just said the word of god is a metaphor and god was only pretending

you dont even know what youre doing dude

Verily a man cannot serve two masters. And I consider the foundation or destruction of a religion far greater than the foundation or destruction of a state, let alone a party.

-Adolf Hitler speaking like Jesus in Matthew 6:24 (Mein Kampf)

Heaven will smile on us again.

-Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)

Sooner will a camel pass through a needle's eye than a great man be 'discovered' by an election.

-Adolf Hitler with his twist on Mark 10:25 (Mein Kampf)

>more hitler quotes

>Rather be reddit
YOU ARE FUCKING REDDIT! NOW GO, AND STAY GO!

That image was for his sake, I dont care if people believe in God or not, but I would rather have you some semblance of knowledge about religion and the benefits of it not only in society and history but on a personal level as well. Even if after that you choose to reject and oppose religion, at least you understand your opponents viewpoint. Better than running around yelling "KIKE ON A STICK" and "MAGIC SKY DADDY" like some anti-intellectual retard.

no its actually not better theres 2 groups at the end of the world

the sheeps and the goats

you either believe in god or you dont

protip the true believers in god are the muh 6000 years people

This should become the new Christian General.

God is our father, we humans are spiritual brothers.

>protip the true believers in god are the muh 6000 years people
I really don't think that 6,000 literally means 6,000. It's a matter of saying 'way back' in a time where people died age 40 and nobody could trace history further than the town's oldest man's sayings.

>protip the true believers in god are the muh 6000 years people

Not even you know that, truly. The only thing we can do is hold strong to our beliefs and see what tomorrow holds. In the meanwhile, people will make their own decisions about God.

The shepard can lead his sheep to the water trough but he can't make them drink from it.

Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.