twitter.com/mashion_330/status/876931258793705474
youtu.be/9MqGADvF3ls
twitter.com/mashion_330/status/876911615882346497
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SKYKING
SKYKING
DO NOT ANSWER

WHAT AM I LISTENING TO NOW!!?!?!?
I have never heard that signal before!!!!

Andrews took over from 32-character EAMs from Moondust.

Not sure if it's over the horizon Australian interference or microwave burst traffic.

We really need a board or general for radio. I know jack shit about radio and would like to learn. What's a good book/website?

WW3 is hours away. Stay safe anons and ensure you have the best time of your life now.

I agree. I only check out the WebSDR but there's an entire HAM community offline that you should check out as well as just enjoying SW radio transmissions. People really are the same no matter where you go.

I don't hear anything out of the ord-

i just hear "skyking skyking expect payload arrival in 1 hour, and and return in 1.30.

>People really are the same no matter where you go.
It wasn't really the people I was concerned about. The only thing I know is there's several traps for people just getting in/things that could either very much piss people off or land me in jail/fined, but I do suppose web radio is much safer in that regard. /diy/ used to have some really good threads, maybe I'll scroll through the archives if they're still around.

Am I the only one that listens to these on my actual shortwave radio?

get a basic license if you want to broadcast. don't jam frequencies. other than that, you're good to go.

whatcha got?

How involved/expensive is the license process?

>that pic
is that a website or an application?

Tecsun PL-880, listen to 8992 kHz a lot and 12160 kHz during the day since they carry Alex Jones.

Looking into that right now. May justify it to myself by making it something i can put on my resume.
Google it. It also varies by country. It's literally the first two results on google. They even have mockup exams, which not only prepare but also teach. Doesn't seem too expensive.

35 question test, $15 test fee.

arrl.org/getting-your-technician-license

hamradiolicenseexam.com/which-exam.htm

Sky King, Sky King.
Do not answer.
Forget about tonight.
Forget about it.
Andrews out.

Guys, How can you get unbanned from websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901? I suspect I was ip-banned but it is urgent for me to get unbanned.

Moondust also sent a 47 character message to a Q station just before.

You can try Technitium and swap your MAC user ID. That has worked for some people.

And don't do anything stupid this time. They hate us enough as it is.

>AND SET THE WATERFALL TO BLIND TO SAVE SDR's CPU FFS EVERYBODY!!!!

why do they hate us?

Because we shitpost in their chat and hog the CPU while planting on a signal and not turning off the waterfall.

>Q station

Which

Revival.

You know how most coded stations start with a 4 that they transmit to? Moondust and Andrews have been transmitting to stations starting with Q since about 0200 GMT.

>tfw you hear that tone in your head right after reading/seeing this post
just

go look up software defined radio on youtube. Lotsa good stuff.

interesting. wonder if that is ground or flight

I'm wondering if it's a change from practice or routine to combat coding.

>mfw i can pick up the emission coming from my TV 2 rooms away with my RTL-SDR
i really hope it isn't using FPD-Link

Moondust transmitting to a 4 station.

>mfw i forgot my face

if anyone speaks this spaghetti, could be interesting.

twitter.com/mashion_330/status/876931258793705474

also, maybe we're both correct.

FYI Moondust transmitting huge pad right now.

Mainsail test count.

youtu.be/9MqGADvF3ls

This one is more interesting: twitter.com/mashion_330/status/876911615882346497

That's an E-8 Joint STARS (Surveillance Target Attack Radar System). That's for combat mission support.

In Japan on the 19th.

HHHmmmm.

It's a crowded airspace for sure. Lots can happen.

If those report that DPRK is vampig up the test site again are true, I'm just so curious to see what's next.

"Tigereye with an All Stations to a 4 station.

TIGEREYE

Why is Ivan talking on 8992?

I'm parked on 11175 (don't have to listen to Aussie JORN shitpost there) but mostly the foreign language traffic on 8992 is French maritime low power radio chatter when a French ship gets near Twente's antenna.

>Aussie JORN shitpost

Is that the slowing fart noise? You get clearer pickup there than the lower freq?

On 11175, you have to use the noise reduction (about 50%) and expand the filter to 2.7 kHz and it comes up clean.

The JORN is the farting/Pac Man sounds from Australian Over the Horizon Radar.

Since I leave the squelch on while I wait for a call and listen to other things, JORN really fucks with my routine.

Phoneposter here, how can I get this on my phone? Preferably in app form.

Anyone got anything else to say here?

DON'T PULL IT OUT! DON'T MOVE!

Anyone here that sleepy airman mumbling on 11175 about signal strength?

It was somebody (Something 700) asking MAINSAIL for a radio check and MAINSAIL said they read them by "Moderate signal."

The site should work fine from your phone. I don't know of an app, though.