Does Sup Forums ever think of poverty?

Literally half of the world's population live on less than $2.50 a day. No funny stuff here. Sometimes I'll just be lying in bed or doing mundane things and this statistic strikes me and I have to stop what I'm doing and briefly consider how fortunate we are.

Fortunate might be an understatement. Many of us and the generations before rightfully earned everything we have today. But due to circumstances beyond our control, some people are just unlucky and trapped.

Growing up I heard stories from foreigners (especially chinks since we gotta lotta em here) that the reason they emigrated was the result of absolute poverty. They literally had nothing to eat and were going to starve to death. The Chinese diaspora around South East Asia was a direct result of this. They had no control over where they went. The boat just stopped wherever, they got off and started to find work. Many of them prospered, and this second wave of Chinese immigrants in white countries are the result of generations of hard labour, not the gibsmedats like with rapefugees. It's really a touching story.

Anyway a helluvalot more people have it way worse in the current year. Maybe it's economic factors like corrupt government or lack of economic opportunities. Maybe they can't stop breeding and exhaust all resources. China is a really unique example because even with the largest population, a vast majority have now lifted themselves into middle class. The same can't be said about elsewhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=RBQ-IoHfimQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VKNoJ2BzSRU

Western countries literally pay billions of humanitarian gibs to eliminate poverty. Many companies in the west work to eliminate certain diseases in 3rd world.

Don't worry OP, it's a work in progress. Those countries ain't called "developing countries" for nothing.

Taking in millions of refugees because you feel sad for them is not gonna help them long term, but rather drag down individual western countries until they cannot do humanitarian aid stuff anymore.

You see the humanitarian gibs can only go so far. In order to be truly successful people need to be taught how to sustain themselves not just rely on handouts, otherwise you're just making the problem worse. It all seems so futile. Is it the white man's responsibility to take care of everyone? I mean Nigeria alone has 183 million people and it's a shithole. It seems so much easier to like good ol' Malthusian Theory come into effect

Lmao fuck the poor.

I bet if you ask Japananons they would say the same. They were the first Asian country to modernise (1860s) and as result a lot of people don't have living memory of being dirt poor. A lot of Chinese and Indians living today have memory or experience of being dirt poor.

I saw a documentary once on a white man who went to some african village and taught a bunch of kids there how to 3D-print proesthetic legs for villagers who had lost their limbs in a war. End result - not only did people receive help in terms of 3D-printed proesthetics, but received a gift that kept on giving as well.

The example above is what I meant in terms of humanitarian help. It's retarded indeed to just keep giving thowing Bono charity concerts to gather money that goes straight to 3rd world warlords and dictators when real humanitarian aid comes from teaching select people know-how on how to open businesses that serve their own communities and create jobs for other locals.

Then the next step is the government. A lot of these places have shitty governments who are corrupt as fuck. If a charity donates or sets up things of value, who says the government may not be inclined to swoop in and take it away. That's what happened in Papua New Guinea. I knew friends working there for the red cross. They donated a bunch of shit to the govt and when they went to check a few months later it was all reported "missing".

Governments need to be cut out of the game entirely if possible when corrupt. There need to be reliable grass-roots organizations on the other side that are willing to deliver the aid to people who actually need it and are willing to send out reports to western organizations.

When their government gets in the way though, it's tough luck. For example we cannot really help north korea citizens in any shape or form if they run a tight dictatorship like that, but fortunately, not every 3rd world country is like that.

I make 7 figures each year and can only laugh at poor people.

>half of the world's population live on less than $2.50 a day
We can't support them all in our own nations.
Our culture tries to help them in their own nations and they hate us for it.

Also their costs of living are a bit more adjusted for their wages.

Not saying it's fair, but I and a lot of others are beyond caring right now

It seems so shitty to just abandon people who are really in need because no matter what you do the govt will intervene. Sometimes it all just seems so futile...
Understandable
I know we can't all care about everybody but really if you're absolutely poor is it worth living going through pain, disease and then dying? Like the vast majority of malnutrtion victims are kids and oh god what a miserable existance to know you are as expendable as a cow

those billions mainly go in someones pocket, not in the poor's stomach
someone should make a thread redpilling on charities

Sell your computer and give the money to them user, it's for the best.

I hate poor people tbqh.

Whenever I think wait, am I unironically racist, xenophobic and sexist? I will realize that no, whatever I hate about any given race, country or gender those stereotypes aren't followed by all of them, it's just sub-human poor people who act that way from each group. The thing male criminals, female sluts, niggers, white trash and all the bad stereotypes of different nationalities all have in common is they're poor pieces of garbage who are nothing but a net drain on the world and can't stop shitting out hoards of retarded kids they can't look after properly.

I recommend you to kill yourself so others can eat.

You can't save the world user.

You seem to be discussing "1st world" poor. While that is unsightly mine is more severe and yes it is a combination of what you presume are bad decisions (fucking constantly knowing you can't support them), but these people are often in a scenario that's not their fault. They didn't have the choice of a shitty government or an economically dead country. Tbh I don't know if I show feel any emotion to these people. Even feeling sorry or pitiful sometimes seems to do more harm than good
I'm not that retarded.

Poverty is caused by stupidity. A genius is never poor.

Capitalism

I know but it seems as countries grow less poor, more people are born therefore amplifying the poverty rate due to more resources going around. For example, there are more child slaves than ever before thanks to people getting rich of human trafficking.

Wrong. Without capitalism there would be no such thing as the Red Cross or UNICEF. You need to spend money, to create money, to give away money

They say poor people make poor decisions.