'There will be no vote': Conservative senators successfully delay new lyrics for O Canada

SJWs btfo.

Hopefully, this will give Canada the time it needs to think over this ridulous and rash decision:

>Senators who disagree with the private member’s bill are not only moving amendments to the bill that have no hope of being approved, but are also moving sub-amendments and calling adjournment votes to delay proceedings, all but ensuring no vote on the actual bill will be held before Canada’s 150th anniversary.

>nationalpost.com/news/canada/politics/how-conservative-senators-are-successfully-delaying-new-lyrics-for-the-national-anthem

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OxOhk4Lk9aE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>chalk one up for the good guys

I don't care what they do with O Canada, out anthem officially still is God Save the Queen, and besides the Maple Leaf Forever was always our personal cultural anthem

>The Canadian House of Commons overwhelmingly passed Bill C-210 by a vote of 225 to 74 on Wednesday, tweaking the third line of “O Canada” to incorporate gender-neutral phrasing.

>Quebecois judge Robert Stanley Weir wrote the most famous English version of the anthem’s lyrics in 1908, which read:

>O Canada

>Our home and native land!

>True patriot’s love in all thy sons command…

>The new version replaces the third line with a less gendered phrasing:

>O Canada

>Our home and native land!

>True patriot’s love in all of us command…

pff delay until they get rid of such notion I wont be happy

This is the french version translates

O Canada!
Land of our ancestors
Glorious deeds circle your brow
For your arm knows how to wield the sword
Your arm knows how to carry the cross;
Your history is an epic
Of brilliant deeds
And your valour steeped in faith
Will protect our homes and our rights,
Will protect our homes and our rights.

I propose Anglo Canadians start singing this instead

The National Sport of Canada is Lacrosse.

Yeah the French version is much more in key with our Christian background. I usually sing a mix of that when I stand for the anthem and I refuse to sing the words "in all of us" and let government spit on the sacrifices of our troops.

That's our summer sport, hockey is our national winter sport. Nobody really plays lacrosse here, I see it as mostly an American private school sport you stole from us, like you stole basketball, football and baseball from us

>Change it into something that doesn't fit, thus making the entire line awkward and ruining it.
>Progress!

The real national sport is using the financial sector and property markets to milk the dumb and trusting.

>tfw we outcuck Canada
The original version of Advance Australia Fair (before it became our anthem) went
>Australian sons let us rejoice
the version that was adopted replaced that with
>Australians all let us rejoice

>not posting the full thing
O Canada!
Land of our ancestors
Glorious deeds circle your brow
For your arm knows how to wield the sword
Your arm knows how to carry the cross;
Your history is an epic
Of brilliant deeds
And your valour steeped in faith
Will protect our homes and our rights,
Will protect our homes and our rights.

Under the eye of God, near the giant river,
The Canadian grows hoping.
He was born of a proud race,
Blessed was his birthplace.
Heaven has noted his career
In this new world.
Always guided by its light,
He will keep the honour of his flag,
He will keep the honour of his flag.

From his patron, the precursor of the true God,
He wears the halo of fire on his brow.
Enemy of tyranny
But full of loyalty,
He wants to keep in harmony,
His proud freedom;
And by the effort of his genius,
Set on our ground the truth,
Set on our ground the truth.

Sacred love of the throne and the altar,
Fill our hearts with your immortal breath!
Among the foreign races,
Our guide is the law:
Let us know how to be a people of brothers,
Under the yoke of faith.
And repeat, like our fathers,
The battle cry: "For Christ and King!"
The battle cry: "For Christ and King!"

I don't know what it is I hate french people and their stinking anthem

my favorite memory of highschool is of the day i learned i never have to sing that fucking song (had to even sing it in french in elementary school)
fuck the federation

We never had to sing it when I was in school, just stand for it, but I went to an Anglo school, we had the Canadian flag in our class and a portrait of the queen in the principals office

>all but ensuring no vote on the actual bill will be held before Canada’s 150th anniversary.
Wow, they delayed the vote a couple weeks.
July 1st, in a week and a half, is Canada Day.

Whoppity fucking shit.

O Canada,
Our home and our cucked land....

>a portrait of the queen in the principals office

If she's in the room in photo form you're either in a place where you get in trouble or get a commendation. It's like the unwritten law of the anglosphere.

It just needs tweaked to actually fit the music

Nobody ever really got in trouble, I was in the office once for saying nigger and they said just don't say it in public because it's not socially acceptable.

>I see it as mostly an American private school sport you stole from us, like you stole basketball, football and baseball from us

Boy you're an embarrassment.
A Canadian invented basketball, while LIVING in America.
Baseball was NEVER invented in Canada
Football was NEVER invented in Canada.

Just like HOCKEY WAS NOT INVENTED IN Canada.

You people are bullshit liars.

Canada is looney land. When Canadians steal from America, it's actually America stealing from Canadians some how

Do you drink a lot of tap water??

Yes it was you fucking retard
The first game of baseball ever was played in Ontario, baseball is just rounders with different rules of course we invented baseball Americans didn't do rounders

Football was invented here read it up we basically modified the rules of rugby, before we showed the Americans our game they played football with a round ball, the ivy leagues adopted our version of the sport and it became popular there

LOL
Let me guess, you read this in some CANADIAN newspaper right??
LOL

You're a perfect Canadian retard

Again, do you drink a lot of tap water??

Don't know if that's true or not, but makes sense to me, team sports are really an innovation of the English public school system so Canada with it's closer ties to England would be more exposed

These are just the facts, get off your proxy Jim bob

>The 1874 Harvard vs. McGill football game was a college football game between the Harvard Crimson and the McGill Redmen played on May 15, 1874.[1] The game used three periods or "games" and ended in a scoreless tie.[2][3] It was the first rugby-style football game played in the United States.

>MUH TAP WERTER
I didn't know Alex Jones had a winter cabin up here, eh

The fact is every single sport in the world was invented by the British
Cricket, baseball (rounders), basketball (netball), golf, polo, football (rugby), soccer, hockey every single one

the high estrogen levels in your water are why leafs are frequently mistaken for females by their typing style.

The gender neutral version is the original version of O Canada. It was changed during World War Two as war propaganda.

We should want the original version back.

>these are just made up lies by Canadians, to give Canadians a feeling of pride and feel better than Americans.

Hey bud, why does America, kick ass at all the sports they "stole" from us??

Like why do Universities in USA, have stadiums that make Pro Facilities in Canada, look like high school trash fields??

How much tap water, do you drink, Meme-adian??
>proxy defense line cause you're literally a retard meme parrot

LOL
Made up stories by Canadians.
How the fuck, did people from Boston, get to Montreal in 1874??
Canada didn't have roads or rail road into the states.

Did this football board a sailing ship and sail for weeks, for a football game with some Queerbecers?

Canadians lies. That doesn't show up if you search that in America.

Goolge.CA
Canadian government can change anything

Because you can be good at doing something you didn't invent?
Chinese invented paper but they don't write any books
>why do American schools that get 10 times the funding of Canadian schools have better sports stadiums
Oh gee wiz I don't know, why does the rich guy down the street have a nicer house than me?

I only drink tap water that's been distilled through a coffee maker.
I'm not a mental retard, meme spouting faggot,like (you)

How much tap water, do you drink??

they managed to delay a few lines in a song but not some thought crimes with misgendering some freak?

>Distilled through a coffee maker

>Chinese invented paper but they don't write any books
They didn't?
Here's the logic of this faggot
>I can't read Chinese, so the Chinese never wrote books

OMG you're embarrassing.

>>why do American schools that get 10 times the funding of Canadian schools have better sports stadiums
>Oh gee wiz I don't know, why does the rich guy down the street have a nicer house than
me?

You think there is some world government, who hands out funding to Universities and poor Canadians get screwed or something??

LEL
You got ALL the meme lines of Canadians
Canadians got excuses for days. Holy fuck it's amazing at how fast Canadians can come up with excuses, change the subject or deflect

Name 2 Chinese authors who can compare to someone like Dickens there are none they're unvilicised savages

>distilled through a coffee maker
>reaction pic

REKT bitch, wanna STFU now?? Check into the burn ward faggot. Call mommy to put some cream on that burn.
You just got R-E-K-T
Take off faggot, you can't recover from that BTFO

>leafland
>150th birthday
Good luck surviving to the 151th.

>151th
It's my sons firth birthday today

I don't read Chinese, so how can I??

This dumb fuck autism faggot, thinks Asian culture and history, is like North America

LOL

Why would I know Chinese authors??
I don't live in China
I don't speak Chinese

Do you think China man in China, knows Dickens??

PS: He fucking sucked. Charles Dickens was a pedo faggot trash opium junkie

> O day of rake
> You cannot come too soon...

>Art of war
>Tao te king
From top of my mind,that you should read if you are a grown adult.

Played on the JV team in High School. I was good at FUD but struggled with getting that FOMO cash. Oh well.

WE DID IT LEAF BROS!!!

The Senators just said that the change sounded stupid and we should just go back to the original (also gender neutral) version but the Libs refused to budge.

>art of war
>chiniggers lose every single War ever
KEK!!!!!
There's a book about winston Churchill and the boer war in my library, now thats a book worth reading, we beat those Dutch subhumans and finally civilised Africa

Canada doesn't deserve a national anthem. What have they done worth note recently? World Record for most cucked leader?

Yeah.Great success civilizing Africa.You cant even save yourself from going to jail for failing to call me by my preferred noun.

Our cucked leader MAPLED.ca Ivanka, so there's something.

Honest question povertyking, why not just off yourself? I mean you don't really have anything going for you being unemployable and mentally ill. I wonder how long it would take someone to find your body in your shitheap Vanier apartment

>Gained independence in 1867
>Greatest accomplishment was in 1812
Next.

>Honest question povertyking, why not just off yourself?

Canadians. So compassionate. So NICE.

So your nation's greatest achievement came 54 years before it became a nation, and got BTFO by weather?

Upper Canada and lower Canada existed back then retard
Ther was two Canadas

>cross
*autistic screeching intensifies*

That's only a ruse to get dumb chicks from foreign nations on our beds. Also, better to keep friends, than enemies, eh?

HOW DO WE SAVE CANADA FROM ITSELF BOYS

The liberals are driving our nation into the ground with their cuckery and the conservatives still think gays aren't human beings. How do we rise above these two idiotic parties and FIX CANADA

Nobody learns that outside of Canada because you're just a footnote in history riding on America's coattails.

mike tyson what are you doing in hungary??

2019 is just around the corner. We should be already meming the Trudeau dynasty out of canada. In two years time everybody's going to be too distracted with the US elections to help the leafs in a meaningful way

>and the conservatives still think gays aren't human beings
They're not wrong, tho.

How dare you say "native land"?
Bigot.

Holy shit, Canada!!
You keep growing those balls!!
Stand up for your Country, and tell
those Xer's you won't go down without
fighting to your last breath!

I'm proud of you today Leaf's, yeah yeah
I am just a lowly Burger, from 60%istan, but
still, it's nice to see that even with some back-bending cuck like Dude Weed, who has tried to fuck you guys at every turn, isn't able to stop things like this, maybe there is hope for you yet.
Keep fighting the good fight Leaf's, we support you!

Wow, I some respect my country again. Thanks user.

Wishing you good luck to survive another year.

Awesome, Canada is finally doing something right

>Quebec anthem

Now I get the separatists. We’ve been teaching them to leave for a century . ..

Were Canadian women sent to die in ant of Canada's wars?
Why the hell would they want to be included in it's National Anthem?

>Mfw they can't gender-neuter it in French, nor anything in the language, as a matter of fact

Gays are not the big problem in canada.

We can gas all the degenerates after we fix the other problems.

That line is being looked at, I assure you.

they are proposing 'ON native land'

>water distilled through a coffee grinder

O GAYnada!
Our home and native land!
True gaytriot's love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee cocks rise,
The True North strong and free 8in!
From far and wide,
O GAYnada, we stand on black cocks for thee.
God keep our land glorious and Gay!
O GAYnada, we stand on buttplugs for thee.
O Gaynada, we stand on poppers for thee.

>implying the demoncraps have a single candidate who can oppose trump in time for 2020

Gays and jews are totally in charge, simply because they are naturally political and they are organized.

The masses have no idea that they barely matter any more... they just go to work and and sleep.

There is a whole class of professional activists who are aggressively vocal and motivated... they are the squeaky wheel who gets all the grease.

It's a dangerous situation.

The Canadian theme song fucking sucks, it's way too wordy and the melody is shit

youtu.be/OxOhk4Lk9aE

Should be the anthem desu

he's going to love how the new canadians treat his people once they come into their primacy.

French is an inherently based language.

God bless the senate.

I fucking hate the people in my country. Civil war when?

Can the senate still shut down C-16?

>Canada is a country that steels culture.

I really like this slogan

We should use this

The senate already passed it for some stupid reason.

I always loved singing the french version, i know now why.

we tried. we even sent in peterson, to no avail.

the good guys lost that one.

Even women I know thought the change was absurd

That was the "unofficial anthem" until our current one was officiated.

It was actually surprising to most people that The Maple Leaf Forever didn't become the anthem. Same with when the flag changed, nobody at all expected it.

Our government just does whatever shitting thing it wants and the people have to deal with it.

>indigenous scholar

That anthem and the old flag are objectively better, should be brought back to server as a reminder to all of the (((new Canadian))) mongrels who built this fucking place.

It was written in French originally, it sounds much better that way in my opinion.