Anti Cigarette brigade

I have been searching for the benefits of smoking cigarettes but every search is buried in anti smoking literature. I can't help but think there is something deeper to the anti smoking cause, I would love to see more on this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GIcr_FLUVV4&t=465s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

... Gentlemen

That's an antediluvian meme. I'd almost forgotten about that one.

>2017
>Doesn't smoke cigarettes

Are you bullied, mentally handicapped or both?

>b-but it kills you

And? Was life a contest about who lives the longest?

>it's addicting!!!

It's not, as long as you're not under-aged and you can smoke in moderation

>it's....IT'S EXPENSIVE!!!

Who forces you to buy a pack every day, fucking peat-gavel

probably because there aren't any positives you retard. have you seen what smoker's lungs look like? even with weed, it's as bad as smoking grass, it's still not good to have smoke in your lungs. that's why vapes are becoming more popular. if you're that interested try finding a study before shit like D.A.R.E

For every action there is an equal reaction.

Physics 101 dude.

There HAS to be a benefit to smoking ciggies with yon niggies

thanks for the laugh

if you want to smoke do it. The tax pisses me off. Also if you own an establishment it should be up to the owner if they allow people to smoke

Benefits of smoking

>Nicotine is a stimulate and smoking burns a lot of calories. Weightless is a benefit.
>Nicotine can help fight off depression and keep you motivated
>nicotine wards off Parkinson's disease, and has been found to protect the brain as it ages.

You don't get parkinson's if you smoke.

There are some positives to nicotine itself, but also negatives to nicotine as well.

Nicotine can damage the heart in rare circumstances, but usually it just temporarily raises your heart rate.

A positive effect of nicotine would be decreased chance of developing alzheimers or dementia. Also increased focus and decreased appetite.

Smoking proven to raise testosterone

you smell like complete shit why would you want to smoke

This too, Smoking weed on the other hand decreases it.

>tfw my neighbor has been chewing tobacco for over 70 years and is sharp as a muzzie machete
I've decided to start smoking and dipping at he same time

Yeah the tax is insane in australia along with the restrictions... that's why I thought there could be an agenda behind it.

>tfw not smoking actually causes you to become a manchild

>Was life a contest about who lives the longest?
>>it's addicting!!!

yes, whomever dies owning the best toys, having had the most sex with the most beautiful women wins

>There HAS to be a benefit to smoking ciggies

eh, narrow leaf tobacco is a lot stronger and can make you hallucinate although you get a fucked up headache the next day if you don't redose

wide leaf tobacco bonds with cesium so it causes cancer that is pretty guaranteed to kill you at a certain point 55-70

The downside is that you're inhaling all sorts of nasty, reactive species when you smoke. Vaping is a decent compromise if you're a nicotine addict.

It's a very unhealthy natural anti-psychaotic

nicotine is a nootropic tho

Marlboro and all those commercials from the 50s had it right
holy shit

FPBP

I actually do vape. I just prefer to shitpost rööki if I can.

Lowers life expectancy and makes you physically weak. Just what the Jew wants. Smoke up goyim

probably is, I quit for around 18 months but work fucked all nightfill over and forced us to work afternoons. Union didn't do shit and I ended up buying a pack

>benefits of smoking cigarettes
You're fucking retatded

Cigarettes are really good for your digestion. I've had digestion problems for years, but when I stopped smoking they got way worse and really started fucking me up.

I guess that's good because it eventually led me to the cure for my gut/digestion problems. No it's not smoking. Smoking only held the more debilitating symptoms at bay.

the only befefit of smoking tobacco i can think of is dopamine boost

What was it that ultimately helped with your digestion?

the only reason you should smoke cigarettes is because it opens doors to new social situations

but those social situations involve people who smoke and you don't want to be friends with smokers unless you want to smell like shit all the time

Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar

Keeps my poops regular so I'm satisfied with my smoking benefits.

It has more to do with stimulating the adrenal cortex, releasing small amounts of adrenaline which improves overall focus.

Take the smoking out of using nicotine and it's only slightly more dangerous then caffeine.

For every action there is an equal reaction.

Physics 101 dude.

There HAS to be a benefit to putting a cactus up your asshole and smashing your dick with a hammer

nicotine is a stimulant

stimulants make your insides work faster

insides work faster = poop faster

sounds like user needs more fiber and water in his diet

Sounds like you have gallbladder problems m8.

Interesting. I'm glad you found something that worked for you.

Drinking vinegar helps with your digestion huh lol

I have a simple rule
If you have free healthcare then it is in the governments interest on behalf of the tax payer who fund the health care system to intervene with something that will be a costly effect.
If there is no free healthcare then the governments job is not to deny people their right to ruin their own body so long as they make them aware of the dangers.

>trying to find the benefits of inhaling smoke
>inhaling smoke

Fermented Apple Cider Vinegar containing "the mother" does.

Makes sense, thanks.

It's a home remedy for gallbladder problems, at least that's what I gave my dad. It stops cholesterol from being made.

He either got his gallbladder removed and is having problems with digestion because of that(It's a check valve between the liver and the stomach), or it's still there and not working properly.

t. hanks

>2016 +1
>Not smoking the Hookah

They knew

My digestion problems stem from prolonged anti biotic use coupled with a shitty diet high in sugar, artificial sweeteners, toxic preservatives, and yeast.

Why not just use probiotics to re-grow gut flora?

Basically a sterile gut
That's fucked uo

Probiotics helped but they don't have the same variety of strains as eating fermented foods like Apple Cider Vinegar so it wasn't enough.

dont need to smoke since we have smartphones and fidget spinners these days.

An elegant meme, for a more civilized age. Back when memes were not memes.

Neat. Well at least it helps. Still an odd issue though, although it makes sense because the vinegar will help break down food.

Fiber and water did help a lot and for a long while I thought it was the cure.

It's not the tobacco, it's the formaldehyde and allll the other shit sprayed on it.

yeah the benefit is relieving stress instantly or whatever the fuck they do. i smoke them occasionally but just to smoke they taste like shit

The benefits are clear, the (((chosen few))) get to profit from you damaging your own body and then making extra money from the healthcare you'll need after.

At least in countries with private nhs. I guess the benefit of it the UK is that poorfags and chavs die sooner, thus costing us less money and cleaning up the streets a little.

There is no direct benefit for the smoker. People do it for social reasons, much like cracking open a cold one with the boys.

what happens when you smoke a spliff then? fuck

I love how Sup Forums has to be contrarian on everything just to keep up its image.

Cigarettes are fucking terrible for you. I know you want to say it's a Zionist conspiracy (and there are certainly real Zionist conspiracies) but this isn't one of them. Back when people just smoked straight pipe tobacco, it wasnt so bad for you. But today's cigarettes and even most cigars have a fuckload of other shit in them that is horrible for you. It's fast food vs. real food.

Counteracts fluoride

has anybody ever bought organic whole leaf tobacco? is that something that can be chewed or smoked easily? i'd love to try it.

Cigarettes are terrible for you, but nicotine is the mana of war gods.

t. use nicotine lozenges daily

You have to dry and cure it before you can use it and keep in mind that "organic" doesn't mean shit there are tons of sprays that are widely used that qualify as being organic that are still toxic as fuck especially if you burn and smoke them.

So basically buy a pipe and tobacco?

Why do people smoke? The answer is, "Because they enjoy it ."
This could be the secret of the opposition to it because many peculiar
people are against people enjoying anything.
People would hardly smoke if they didn't enjoy it or feel that it did
them good. From time immemorial they have been enjoying tobacco .
In the Americas, of course, tobacco was smoked for countless ages . In
the Western world, before tobacco was introduced, mankind had been
smoking herbs of various kinds long before the dawn of history . Poets
have sung tobacco's praises . Brilliant men have been aided by it to
give the world great literature and scientific discoveries . Some famous
men who smoked were Einstein, Freud, Thackeray, Darwin, Robert
Louis Stevenson, Zola, Churchill, Roosevelt, King Edward VII, King
Edward VIII (later Duke of Windsor) - and it is worth noting that
they all lived to a good old age.
Thackeray wrote "I vow and declare that the cigar has been one of
the greatest creature comforts of my life - a kind companion, a gentle
stimulant and an amiable anodyne, a cementer of friendship" . He
\74
I MILLION B.C.
"Now that they are smoking the human race won't last much longer
Gift of the Gods 25
also wrote, "How wonderful is the pipe in that it draws out the
thoughts of philosophy, but it stops the mouths of fools ."
Bishop Moorhouse of Manchester said, "I smoke, and I am a better
Christian for doing it" .
Charles Kingsley wrote in 'Westward Ho', "Tobacco! A lone man's
companion, a bachelor's friend, a hungry man's food, a sad mank
cordial, a wakeful man's sleep, and a chilly man's fire . . . there's no
herb like it under the canopy of heaven" .
Dr. Sherwin J . Feinhandler, psychiatrist at Harvard Medical
School, writes, "Smoking is a ritual that welcomes strangers, provides
companionship in solitude, fills 'empty' time, marks the significance
of certain kinds of occasions and expresses individual identity and personal
style" .

And Tom Robbins in 'Esquire Magazine' : "Smoking cigarettes is as
intimate as we can become with fire without immediate excruciation .
Every smoker is an embodiment of Prometheus, stealing fire from the
gods and bringing it back home . We smoke to capture the power of
the sun, to pacify Hell, to identify with the primordial spark, to feed
on the marrow of the volcano . When we smoke we are performing a
version of the fire dance, a ritual as ancient as lightning ."
A very germane reply was given by a woman who was asked why she
smoked. She answered "I started to smoke because I liked the company
of smokers . They were totally more interesting than nonsmokers."
An American Bachelor of Divinity, Dale B . Reed wrote, "Tobacco
- the friend of quiet meditation, harmony and peace . It is purely a
human indulgence . It excites no passion, lusts nor mania . It is opposed
to violence - never has the farmer beaten his wife from the influence
of tobacco . It is conducive to tolerance and understanding .
The American Indian, generations ago, realised the calming effect of
tobacco . This was expressed in the pipe of peace . Tobacco is conducive
to forgiveness ; it is mild, gentle and indisposed to quarrel . It is
a blessed gift to mankind . Man has little joy and pleasure in living
beyond his fruitful years ; little joy in the period when he can hardly
eat, drink or dance ; when he is dependent on those of the younger
generation . If, however, one should li

Yep. Although modern tobacco is covered in pesticides and other toxic shit, so it's still worse for you than the 1800s variety. But it's infinitely better to smoke pipe tobacco than cigarettes.

I replaced cigarettes with smoking pipe or a cigar every week.
Cigarettes are stupid, they're addicting and expensive as fuck (in my country)

This guy knows what's up:
youtube.com/watch?v=GIcr_FLUVV4&t=465s

nothing

smoking only natural organic tobacco is a wonderful way to unwind.

smoke less, smoke better
one cig a day keeps depression away
a famous composer once said that we works best after a tobacco pipe and coffee

>FARK memes

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>School, writes, "Smoking is a ritual that welcomes strangers, provides companionship in solitude, fills 'empty' time, marks the significance of certain kinds of occasions and expresses individual identity and personal style" .

No wonder Communists hate it

>A very germane reply was given by a woman who was asked why she smoked. She answered "I started to smoke because I liked the company of smokers . They were totally more interesting than nonsmokers."

>mfw the '00s are completely over and this is true again

I have the same feeling. It seems nicotine is meant for the elite given how they want to tax it so that only the wealthy can use it, while still keeping it legal.

I would bet that nicotine stimulates parts of the brain that the globalists want to switch off in common man, which it does through chemicals and forced medication though mandatory fluoridation of water.

The native americans who discovered it used it as a spiritual medicine. Nicotine is about as safe as caffeine on its own. People are/were dying due to cigarettes being designed to be as addictive as possible, by treating the tobacco leaf, ensuring that its users inhaled excessive tar. They also want to outlaw vaping nicotine, which lacks nearly all of the dangerous chemicals smoking has, so it has to be the nicotine they want to stop, rather than public safety as they profess. Also how can the elite/media push marijuana, which is just as dangerous when combusted (inhaling combusted organic matter isnt safe no matter how you spin it sorry) and inhaled, has an intoxicating effect but seems to be pushed on the population while inhaling nicotine is hated with a passion, even if the combusted smoke that kills people is removed from the equation.

Something doesnt stack up with the elites reaction to the general populous and nicotine....something isnt right and we need to get to the bottom of it.

>thinks smoking and chewing is the same thing

>cactus up the ass
Builds endurance, created a good story

>smash dick with hammer
Female seductresses can no longer tempt you away from your ambitions.

Its because its associated with masculinity. Nicotine inhibits estrogen production so much that your body ramps up testosterone levels. This combined with the stimulant effects kill your appetite, burns fat, makes you less baby-faced, improves your will-power, improves memory, improves concentration, increases confidence. It basically makes you into a lean and mean efficient alpha male who gives zero fucks.

good.
people will stay away from me

Every single one of us should invest in the tobacco industry.

Smoking is becoming cool again, boys.

God bless Dixieland

Gonna buy some untreated tobacco leaves soon, just to see if I like it.
It's cheap as fuck and I like the idea of mixing it on your own, you could make a blend that's perfect for your personal taste.
12 bucks for over two pounds of untreated tobacco leaves, Virginia, Burley and Oriental. How can you go wrong?

smoking cigs:
>relieve constipation
>increased likelihood of cancer
Shit I'll sit 15 mins extra instead, more time for shitposting.

t. quit cigs half a year ago cold turkey

It's not that good for you, really it isn't. You're inhaling burned nightshade related leaf and paper fumes into your lungs that have been laced with preservatives. The only benefits of tobacco use in general is the mental sharpness nicotine can provide but that doesn't make it good for you. That being said, people can smoke if they want to.

>cancer

Have there even been any studies on people who only smoke natural tobacco? Regular cigs have literally hundreds of chemical additives in them. Could easily just be those that give you the cancer.

Even without the additives, the act of inhaling hot combustion gases is a bad idea. There's all sorts of reactive species generated by burning that will damage tissues and DNA.

Even drinking hot drinks can give you throat cancer iirc. I can't imagine smoking anything is gonna not be harmful on some level.

>cigars
If you're sucking swishers m8, premium handmade has tons of quality control because cigar rollers are prideful about their leaves and get mad when you tamper with them.

Yes actually, I get mine from leaf only. Stuff is fantastic.

It's the nicotine that matters not the method of delivery, as per benefits. Anyways, chewing is horrible for your mouth and teeth, smoking is horrible for your lungs.

Tell me about it, as someone who smokes rolling tobacco, I can no longer buy 10, 15, 20 or 25 gram packs but forced to buy 30 grams at £13 a pop, and they no longer come with filters. The minimum for a 20 deck of straights is like £8 now too, and there's no longer 10 decks. Fuck my government.

>smoking burns a lot of calories
can confirm

Also those pictures of blackened lungs from smoking, is it propaganda or does that actually happen? It's difficult to trust (((scientists))) these days when they've been given funding to prove a certain thing, so they tailor their results to fit their predictions, which is not how science should be.

nicotine has similar benefits to caffeine.

That's about it.

There was a book called the politically incorrect guide to science. Had one article in it on the positives of smoking.
Basically if you smoke a little bit before a race or some sport it has a significant benefit to the performance supposedly by stressing the lungs inducing a more active lung.

>Also those pictures of blackened lungs from smoking, is it propaganda or does that actually happen?

Your lungs self-clean with incredible robustness, or else every bonfire you stood near would shave percentage points off your lung capacity.

If you rail 50 a day then yeah that level of fucking tar consumption will catch up to you but goddamn.

Been smoking for about 20 years now and wish I never started. I don't even know what I like about them, but I'm sure I'm just addicted since I can't wait without wanting to spree-kill

That's why I quit. The addiction was really a bitch. Anytime I'd go visit my parents I'd have to sneak out to smoke or go without. Just not worth the hassle and discomfort.

nicotine's great but you're taking a big risk

Funny how everyone is obsessed with the damaged lungs to the point where they ban smoking, yet no one rails against the massive damage done by obesity and a sedentary life to your whole body, or the massive problems caused by hormones used to transition, or the brain damage and issues caused by popular party drugs (weed, mdma), or xenoestrogens, or statins, or other pharmaceutical side effects.

The whole medical industry is obsessed with treating symptoms because lifestyle interventions are unpopular with lazy people and less profitable.

The liberals just want to ban everything which they don't personally engage in and which they find threatening (like a smoking working class chad).

well my grandpa fried his lungs with smoking. has COPD now. can ambulate about 1/4 mile before huffing and needing to sit. Breathes loudly all day. Oxygen would just fry his lungs more.

If you need nicotine for reasons just use the patch most of the time. You can save money by cutting them in halves and quarters.

Its a double edged sword though. Swings you up but you fall lower and lower. Anything that has a rather fast effect is taxing part of your system and it needs to be replenished.