Why do midwesterners love corn so much?

Why do midwesterners love corn so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RCKBtsTk8eQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It tastes good

Who doesn't love some delicious corn?

Wasn't it one of the few things you could grow well?

it's just fucking awesome
boiled in salty water

Subsidies, and its an entirely mechanical crop. No need for Mexicans

everybody loves corn. midwest just gets associated with it because they grow lots of it

Corn is tasty. I grilled some corn on the cob last night. Good shit, senpai.

Its fucking everywhere there

Nj makes best corn

Cartel-run economy.

Corn is lovely and all, but the reason why there's so much of it grown is that everybody's on the take.

>relatively easy to grow
>tasty
>versatile

What's not to love?

Mexico's gift to the world, and burgers love mexicans.

Yes, and we all wore belt buckles on our hats and the Injuns taught us how to have our first thanksgiving. We taught them to sit at tables and eat out of cornucopias.

almost everything you eat has corn in it OP

It's yummy when you boil it and slightly salt it. Or you can grill it too.

>eating the processed jew

Love fresh corn, but most now goes into making high fructose corn syrup so landwhales can drink their 3 gallons of cola a day.

Sweet corn is the shit but that stuff that's filling the fields is feed corn. It's basically inedible before being processed into other shit.

>amerindians gift to the world

This.

The American corn industry is more corrupt than the oil industry. Why does everything is America taste sweet? High fructose corn syrup. Even your beef is weirdly sweet because it's corn fed, instead of grain fed. Shit is fucked up

Because it's fucking delicious? Especially grilled and slathered in garlic butter. Yum yum.

Corn is fucking delicious and is in tons of stuff, for better or worse. It also has a lot of applications outside of human consumption. Even most kids who hate veggies can dig on some corn. As far as >midwesterners, I don't think it's nearly on the same level of regional cuisines like scrapple or grits.

Try grilling it in the husk with some butter and black pepper.

Well, i dunno its pretty good i guess. Grows like crazy you know

Corn is a grain.

Because it fits perfectly in your gaping buttholes

theres something wrong with this sentence that is making me uncomfortable

GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!
CORN!

youtube.com/watch?v=RCKBtsTk8eQ

99% of the corn you see growing in middle america is meat. You are looking at cattle feed. Very small percentage is for human consumption. Pull over and take a bite of corn growing and it will taste like shit if you dont believe me.

Its all livestock feed...from which they can extract ethanol and mix it with normal corn feed and its still nutritious enough for cows. Corns very nutritious but you need it to pass through a couple stomachs for the cell walls to break down enough to extract it. If a human ate nothing but corn they would die from malnutrition.

Fun fact, cows are not built for corn, even if they can get fat from it very fast. Corn feed will eventually eat a hole in their stomachs and kill them, this happens after they get fat enough for slaughter however.

You mean that's not all popcorn? I thought it was a defense shield against a ruskie nuke :(

Tastes great, grows good there, makes cooking oil and whiskey, top-tier livestock feed for quality meat.
The only feed that's better is peanuts, specifically for pigs. Georgia really stumbled into the gates of heaven on that one.

I thought the only way to process jews is with gas and oven

Versatility.

>few things you could grow well
Don't know if you mean the pilgrims or now because the midwest has some of the best soil in the world. Anything that's not tropical will grow great there.

A better question is why the "midwest" is mostly in the east

It's to the west of the east, but it's the middle part of the west. Might not work for technical mississippi river definition or whatever, but it does if you think about the population density on the east coast and its cultural difference.

Because it's good?

It's easy to grow, easy to cook, and you make everything from sweetener to flour, to fuel out of it

Had the best soil.
Iowa has lost something like 5 feet of topsoil because of bullshit farming practices.

This. Also,we use most of it to feed livestock or to make HFCS.

How?You open the husk just a little and sprinkle the salt and the butter inside?Sounds tasty.

It's subsidized and helps young nu-males grow those pounds of fat which create the necessary estrogen to vote Bernie in 2020.

Because you can eat it and make jet fuel with it. You can also inject it in to every product in the world to turn everyone in to landwhales that shit them selves at walmart. Corn is truly the master vegetable.

>master vegetable
I thought it was that student that got shafted in NK.

Because the name originates from before we took the rest of the country from the Mexicans and Brits.

>pretending mexicans ever stopped being amerindians.

It's sweet, delicious, inexpensive and smells great on the grill.

If you've never planted, grown, and eaten your own sweetcorn you just wouldn't understand. It's a cool plant. Way better if homegrown too.

gov't subsidies you russian shill

do you like it in your ass?

Now there's this bicolor corn that doesn't have that rich flavor.. Gotta grow my own yellow corn now or do without.

I always wanted bicolor to have the meat&potatoes goodness of yellow with a little cherry on top of white, but it's always a disappointment.

I say yellow all week and white on Sundays.

>tfw corn is expensive here
I miss living in America sometimes. Corn on the cob was the absolute best.

this

Just some cool points about it, that make it handy.

It has a pretty wide planting window because each kernel of seed requires so many degree days of heat to sprout. So say the weather is cool and you plant for two weeks and then the next week it warms up, all of your seeds will sprout around the same time.

It is somewhat frost tolerant in its earliest stages.

Mechanically it is easy to plant as the seeds are large and need to be placed 1-2" deep.

Mechanically it is easy to weed. Before tractors corn was planted in "checkrows" basically like a checkerboard and harrowed in both X and Y directions by horse. With tractors discs called listed rowed crop cultivators were used to weed. They worked by first discing soil away from the row of plants into the middle of the rows, and then after weeds had sprouted in the middle of the rows, reversing the discs direction and throwing the soil back onto the plants, hilling and weeding them.

Corn is a monocot so in the modern age early herbicides that don't kill grass like 2-4d were effective in controlling weeds but not killing the crops.

Corn has nodal roots, which are roots that grow above the seed. They help the plant resist lodging from strong winds. It is also somewhat hail resistant compared to small grains as the kernels are protected in the ear. There will be yield loss but not total crop loss from hail late in the season.

Once the corn is around 2ft tall it does a pretty good job of shading out weeds for the rest of the season.

Now everything is herbicided/pesticided to shit and full of BT and everyone using no till or strip till.

Theres a ramble about fucking corn you faggot.