Oil price is still going down

Another day of slumping oil prices. NyMex and Brent both below 45$/barrel again.
Saudis get fucked again, Russia is in even deeper trouble and Europe has good times and low inflation.

What's in for the US? Does shale gas/oil still work at these prices?

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/trey-gowdy-funding-for-a-middle-finger-on-the-white-house-lawn
usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/
bloomberg.com/quote/XPDUSD:CUR
youtube.com/watch?v=w9hFAlqKmfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Domestic oil companies will just build up reserves until the prices inevitably go back up. Publicly traded companies might take a hit and it might roll down to private contractors, but they'll survive.

Now, all this is assuming the actual value of the USD does not get screwed in the process, which is a possibility.

>Russia and Saudis get BTFO
>Americans get cheap gas

Sounds pretty good to me desu

>What's in for the US? Does shale gas/oil still work at these prices?

Oil companies in Texas can cope with 45 bucks per barrel, other shale drillers probably less so.

New techniques are constantly being developed to make it more worth it to drill for our own oil even as the ppb goes down.

Currently, the break even point for American drilling is around $40 a barrel.

Around 90% of the oil in the US has not even been tapped yet as it was impossible to get to it with conventional drilling.

As long as the price remains stable it doesn't really mean anything.
Shale oil isn't viable at those prices, but permitting takes years anyway and major companies will still file for drilling rights betting on future price increases. Because of this speculation it will actually keep prices low because sellers know that as soon as the price goes up the supply will just increase to match.

As for jobs the unemployed oil field workers stay unemployed. At this point it would require something major like a new ME war or increased Russian sanctions to cause any noticeable change. The whole industry is pretty stagnant atm

>Oil price is still going down

Whoever controls the world economy also hates Russia and Saudi Arabia.

Good.

You're a gas exporter. That's bad news for you.

>Because of this speculation it will actually keep prices low
But what if this speculation won't go as planned. Then it's a lot of capital lying around dead in the fields.

>The whole industry is pretty stagnant atm
The oil price was above 100$ not too long ago. Doesn't sound stagnant to me, does it?

>Russia ... gets BTFO

But Putin is muh savior of the white race!!1

>You're a gas exporter. That's bad news for you.
Possibly. But cheap fuel makes people happy, lets them do more for cheaper, offer products more cheaply, spend more on stuff other than fuel, etc.

Cheap energy is gud for the average person for whom a majority of income goes to basic living needs.

What it means tho is that Russia and Saudi are gonna need to push for something drastic like war. Both KSA and Russia have been getting fucked by low oil prices for the last 3 years and now prices are falling despite that both OPEC and non-OPEC countries are doing production cuts. I already saw an article that the IMF claims Saudi will be broke by 2020. All the OPEC countries especially Venezuela needs money NOW.

This is just temporary

Libya is still on the verge of total breakdown
Unrest in the Guld
Venezuela is 12 months from total collapse
Nigeria is very sensitive to rebels/Boko Haram
Trump could attack Iran at any moment now

Any of these triggers being released would bump oil by 20-40 percent

Buy oil stocks now mi familia

Russia is going down any minute now

>murricans for the last three years

THIS

p good idea

I should really get around to logging in to my retirement fund and reallocating some stuff one of these days.

fuck id hate to be Russian right now.

Buy cheap sell high wait until they crawling to your feet is no one investing in this~?

Venezuela is already gone. They need an oil price of around 100$ to be profitable. This won't be reached any time soon. Venezuela is just gone.

>and now prices are falling despite that both OPEC and non-OPEC countries are doing production cuts
That's the really interesting news here. Should have included it into the OP. And there wasn't a huge deviation from the cuts, too.
OPEC lost control over the oil market. That's the real news these days.

>Libya is still on the verge of total breakdown
But oil production is at a level it was before the rebellion.

>Unrest in the Gulf
Nah. It's just Qatar and they can still sell gas.

>Nigeria is very sensitive to rebels/Boko Haram
Nigeria is less important than Angola by now.

>Trump could attack Iran at any moment now
Come on. He might be a zionist cuck but America is busy with NK and Chyna.

there is a thing called futures

We are ok. 3% year to year economic growth in May.

Barely, however it's good for the rest of the U.S. economy.

>OPEC lost control over the oil market. That's the real news these days.
To a degree. When you're in a phase of global deflationary collapse then that can easily overpower the control a necessary component of growth might otherwise play.

It certainly opens the future to a reorganization of power, though, which is an important component of the real news you mention.

>Europe has good times

Hahaha you're delusional. Germany exports make 50% of its GDP. The world is stagnating economically and the Eurozone is in danger. Your country is fucked. It makes high quality products as exports, meaning high cost. IF the world and your neighbors are less able to buy your shit, then you lost sales. German companies could lower price but labor costs aren't going to change, which means loss of profit. If german companies (and the german govt lets them) lower the labor costs, then you'll have massive instability.

ALL WE NEED IT 5 VOTES

change.org/p/trey-gowdy-funding-for-a-middle-finger-on-the-white-house-lawn

Cheap gas for summer vacations

>You're a gas exporter. That's bad news for you.
This is somewhat true. Our economy relies on bringing in dollars through oil trade... on the other hand, cheap oil allows other areas of the economy to develop so that we're not so dependant on oil.

Cheap oil is good for trump's vision of the US.... bad for the US as it currently is.

You may only post itt if your debt is going down and your GDB is going up

>usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

>OPEC lost control over the oil market.
True, the U.S. oil companies can bounce back much easier than what OPEC thought and for every barrel OPEC gave up due to the cuts, the Shale drillers in Midland/Odessa provided.

As I said before, KSA is losing money like crazy. I expected that they were gonna do a MASSIVE production cut, like everyone cuts at 50% or more to shock the market. They can flood the market again but that won't defeat the U.S. companies like last time and it just screws KSA's bank account even more.

I really wonder what they are thinking of doing.

> permitting takes years anyway

no. only federal lands have long permitting cycles. SCOOP and STACK (the two best shale plays ATM) are almost entirely privately owned lands, with 2 sections per township owned by the state. Permitting takes a month tops.

source: I've been filing drilling permits in Oklahoma for the last decade.

Good for nearly everybody except coal miners.

we consume more than we export. The idiots on MSNBC freak out whenever energy indices decrease but most economists are still of the mind - backed by data - that lower domestic energy costs for industrial and service sectors is massively positive. any losses in energy sector are more than offset by profit gains everywhere else.

the only reason prices are this low is BECAUSE of oil and shale.

US is a net exporter of oil and fracking is just getting cheaper.

Breakeven for shale oil is now cheaper than anywhere else except for the Saudi fields and its only getting cheaper

>oil prices drop
>Gas gets cheap
>States raise gas taxes

You can't win

What the US oil companies have been doing is turning off the fracking pumps when the price dips to a level where they aren't profitable. $45 a barrel is at the edge of where they're profitable so some of the pumps are probably off.

What that means is that the US supply can effectively control the price because if OPEC tries to limit production to drive up prices as they've done in the past then the US fracking pumps all kick into effect and drive the price back down.

oy vey, looks like it's time to invade another country

We have to drive oil down, and kill the oil economy so we can be free from it. It will be a painful process at first, but energy independence is worth it to be free. The US can finally start removing its fetters to the rest of the world. We are food independent, and by all means should be energy independent as well, everything else we import is really more of a want than a necessity. We used to have a domestic industry for everything, and it was better that way.

break even for shale currently is 35$

>Germany exports make 50% of its GDP.
Not quite, but ok. So what?
That only means we are able to produce way more than we consume.

>The world is stagnating economically and the Eurozone is in danger.
The world economy seems ok to me. China rebounds. The Eurozone is in shit as it has been the last 7 years. I hope Italy triggers an exit from the Euro and we get our Deutsche Mark back.

>If german companies (and the german govt lets them) lower the labor costs, then you'll have massive instability.
>Let me tell you about your country.
We maneuvered quite well through the financial crisis. In fact nothing better than a big crash could happen to us. It would force us to reallocate our budget surplus and therefore we could throw out all the sandniggers.

On it, Swampgermanbro.

>I really wonder what they are thinking of doing.
They got a new Prince, or whatever, today. I haven't read anything about that camelfucker yet. No idea what he will do.
I'm not sure if they are glad that Trump is sucking their dick atm or if they are trying to get him to interfere with US shale oil.

Is peak oil one of the greatest jokes of all time?

Fracking's break even point is somewhere around $40-45. Tar sands break even is higher, so the current oil price fucks the leafs. If it continues to drop it will fuck me in Wyoming too.

>break even for shale currently is 35$

Only in a literal short term sense. In the long run, such a price is unsustainable... even for shale.

SCOOP, STACK, and Permian all work at $40 and up. Crude price will become range bound like natural gas has thanks to flush gas production in the Marcellus. Only supply interruptions will push pricing out of its price range once the market really settles in and gets used to the idea of US producers being able to increase production at will.

this, coupled with demand destruction from renewables means we will never see sustained $75+ oil again.

>still paying $1.10 a liter in Canuckistan
I fucking hate my government.

I thought it was higher, but I could be wrong.

We need to drop oil, switch to clean and nuclear energy, fuck up the filthy subhuman petrostates, ban immigration, raise the white birth rate, and go home in time for cornflakes.

Bring down this whole Jewed economic system which is destroying our planet and our race, and let's build a proper White utopian dreamland that we deserve.

Nah, it's a good concept. It's just that it applies to local peaks over time, not global peaks over time.

This is why i sold my 2.5l sedan and bought a 5.3l truck. I dont see has prices going up any time soon. Was hard to shake off the gasoline mindset i got from 4 dollars a gallon being normal as a teenager
>feels good man

buy any stock if they're down, and i think this is probably as low as oil will go, but you never know, American manufacturing is always getting cheaper so this might not be the bottom of the oil.

>turn off fracking pumps

lol wtf are you talking about

is there nobody else from industry in this thread?

>Being this delusional.

Nuclear isn't going to save us.

Interesting fact the first oil out of the ground in America sold for $40 a barrel.
Source: Corbett Report "How Big Oil Conquered the World", about 6min30sec in

I think Fukushima continues to do a number on the Pacific, so nuclear power isn't the perfect solution either.

it just keeps dropping as the tech improves

Say goodbye to your export if DEM returns. We need oliveniggers to keep the value of our currency down,

Looking back those people back in 07/08 who pushed that kind of narrative look like fools. Of course there is a limited supply of oil in the world but demand will also peak at some point because cars get more efficent, population won´t grow forever and alternative methodes become cheaper every year and maybe surpass fossil fuels in a few years.

Saudi Civil War is in the near future.

Archives(The OP's alone are important):

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/

> a NPP on some seismic gook island
> vs a NPP on stable continental land

Why are you being retarded?

I live in Wyoming and don't work in the industry, but know plenty who do. My info is from what someone told me a few years back, so I'm sure you're right.

That sucks. Getting to be of driving age with < $1 gas was pretty tits. You still get to demand gas money from your friends, but in reality tolls and taco bell matter more.

>tfw no more putting a five-spot on pump #5 and driving it away FURK YEAR OVER HALF FULL

>nuclear
>clean

Continental land isn't as stable as your stupid ass claims. There are seismic zones all over the place. I'm sure the government will do everything right though, we've got nothing to worry about...

Germany also has very high import, around 45% of GDP

Your export goes to cucked countries and EU colonies like poland, romania, greece etc, if they reduce consumption then your overboosted system will start to collapse. idk what will you do with millions of people in germany and debts that you created in cucked countries

How do you think fracking works?

We still have massive amounts of shale still untapped too. Especially in alaska and off the shoreline. We have so much oil in our ground with the new tech we could run America for fifty years without exports

I was on pills back then, back when pill mills were all over florida, so i would just just bought more pills and weed with it anyway, so it didnt really matter.

That's what that weird extra light switch in my bathroom that doesn't seem to do anything does. I usually leave it off, but sometimes I turn it on and then the price of oil goes down.

Only until we figure out a way to fully power our white utopia with natural energy, without resorting to kosher insect eating.

>We need oliveniggers to keep the value of our currency down.
Why does this nonsense appear always and everywhere?

Germany could have weakened the DMark as much as it wanted but we didn't. We wanted a strong currency that appreciated together with a strong economy.
A hard currency makes competetive economies. Weak currencies frustrate the need to innovate.

>I think Fukushima continues to do a number on the Pacific
Why do people believe all the bullshit they hear about nuclear things?!
It's literally nothing. Even if you would eat the fish that are swimming next to Fukushima your chance to get cancer wouldn't even increase noticably.

Meanwhile I could have earned over 30% on palladium in 10 months when one mexican on youtube said it's gonna go up like motherfucker
bloomberg.com/quote/XPDUSD:CUR
not all mexicans

Are you 15?

Meh fuck Saudi Arabia but save Russia

frackers have to frack or else they go bankrupt.
They aren't making much money.
This was caused by easy credit and the federal reserves monetary policy.

He's definitely not old enough to remember being told to stay inside when Chernobyl went sideways, like some of my German friends were.

>Germany also has very high import, around 45% of GDP
Yeah no shit. Because we're importing raw materials to make useful stuff out of them.

>idk what will you do with millions of people in germany
We'll throw the sandniggers out and will do some sort of short time work as we've done 2008.

>and debts that you created in cucked countries
That money is already gone. It wouldn't change anything to the status quo.

Russia can suck ass, they do not agree with White agendas of European culture and natural energy.

>Interfere with US shale oil.
I suspect anyone connected with OPEC wouldn't want any of the Russian oil. Even if flooding the market with oil to make shale oil not profitable, even though it didn't work, lifting the Russian oil tarrifs, would drastically ruin their economic and political power.

Keeping the Russian market out would help them a good deal. Though I doubt the hegemony of political power through oil will last too long. If Mexico works with the US to make a international police task force to take down the cartels then there could be major oil reserves in Mexico that could be tapped. This could put the killing blow with the lifting of the tarrifs in OPEC hegemony.

>Does shale gas/oil still work at these prices?

From what I've read, not currently. But the breakeven point has fallen from 70 -> 50 in about two years, so it is quickly catching up.

exactly how it does work. what do you want to know? how much proppant is used? what kind of proppant? what kind of fluid? what salinity and how much particulate matter is acceptable for frac water? what sort of treatment pressures are to be expected?

you act like pump trucks sit out there and inject over the life of the well. you drill a well, then you complete (frac) a well. Once the frac job is over, the pumps all drive away. then you flowback the well and put it into prodiuction.

yes, some companies have a backlog of DUCs (drilled, uncompleted) but its not like "oh the price of oil is low, lets turn off the pumps".

you do have a much better grasp of the process than the average Joe though, I'll grant you that. sorry for being rude. :)

I suspect that Chernobyl leaked because it was run by dumb communist alcoholic degenerate Eastern Slavs. Nothing like that happened in the actually White nations, so why care about that? As long as we don't allow Pajeet and Chang the exam cheater into the control rooms...

you import parts from cuck countries and export shit to that countries lol, not raw materials.

i was talking about workforce that germany have stolen from eastern europe. they feed your people with their cheap work.

outside of EU most germans goods are non competitive due to price. your trade balance will become negative if cucks collapse

they are close to collapse.

>He's definitely not old enough to remember being told to stay inside when Chernobyl went sideways
Nah, I wasn't born yet in '86.
But what has that to do with the Pacific and Fukushima? Our NPPs today are very safe and even a meltdown isn't a catastrophe.
And if you haven't been sent onto the roof of Chernobyl to shovel shit down the reactor you most likely haven't taken any harm whatsoever. Radioactivity isn't very dangerous overall. Most of the radioactive elements are dangerous purely because of their chemical properties, i.e. they are very, very poisonous.

Can you be more specific? Finland has a culture of letting its currency appreciate, as well.

Three Mile Island, not nearly on the same scale as Chernobyl of Fukushima, but happened in a country that was pretty white at the time. I'm not totally against nuclear power. It's very clean, right up to the point when it isn't any more. Then it's really fucking dirty.

>That only means we are able to produce way more than we consume.
Countries around the world are less able to buy what Germany produces. And Germany is no America, it doesn't have a big consumer base.

>China rebounds.
China's growth is exaggerated. It's in big trouble and China is loaning a lot of money to kickstart various companies. China may not collapse but it is severely weakening economically. China's problem is alike Germany: focuses too much on export.

The numbers of China growth given by Chinese officials are an exaggeration.

>The Eurozone is in shit as it has been the last 7 years

It will collapse, which is worse from Germany's perspective.

>We maneuvered quite well through the financial crisis.

By stabilizing nearby economies in the EU through loans. A necessary thing but an indication of continuing anchor to a big weakness of German economy: massive dependence on others.

Your culture isn't even good for this. Germans, as individuals, are too shy from borrowing money and they are not big consumers. This makes your industries very reliant on the world economy. This in turn makes your government globalist as fuck and obsessed with free trade deals. The latter isn't necessarily a bad thing but it can trigger backlash in neighboring countries. Britain left the EU partially because of that.

I mean I didn't mean to imply that its like flipping a switch. Turning the operation on and off takes time and costs a lot of man hours and money so its not something you do arbitrarily. My point was just that they can turn the operations on and off as the price of oil goes up and down and that helps regulate the market price.

Considering the half life of the waste, you're taking out a pretty big bet that nothing is going to go wrong for the duration. Talk about leveraging.

What the fuck are you even talking about you moronic dipshit?

>you import parts from cuck countries and export shit to that countries lol, not raw materials.
Yeah, these are directly in the supply chain. That means if there is an economic downturn they will decline in the same manner as our exports decline. So the trade balance won't be affected by that.

>outside of EU most germans goods are non competitive due to price.
That's why our trade balance with the EU is around zero, while the huge trade surplus stems from non-EU countries, right?

>i was talking about workforce that germany have stolen from eastern europe. they feed your people with their cheap work.
So? We'll give them back their """stolen""" people then and work for ourselves.
First you say we'll be all unemployed, now you say we won't have enough workers. Which one is it?

Agreed, and then we let the government be the overseers. I don't give the government credit to deliver the mail on time, but some folks think they can do no wrong.

Nuclear power is a temporary solution to the dirty brown energy problem. We power the universities with nukular, until the eggheads discover the way to power the entire nation with natural.

He's right and you're retarded. Your obsessed about trade surplus as if it was some miracle thing. It is not. Instead, the reliance on exports is a ticking time bomb that will harshly crunch Germany's economy.

I live in Wyoming. Petroleum and coal have been good to my state, and nothing can happen that will cause the mass evacuation of huge areas, with no hope of ever returning in our lifetimes. We're gonna have to agree to disagree.

all is simple

1 EU runs trade decit with china, russia, iran, korea and many more etc.
2 USA runs huge deficit to spead usa, trump will reduce deficit.
3 germany uses EU to export shit. other big countries allow german goods in their custom zones only because they have access to EU market.
4 if EU collapses then german export will collapse because neither EU countries nor countries outside of EU will buy german goods in same ammount,
5 Big countries outside of EU promote same neo-mercantilistic policy.
6 you will have shitloads of people in germany whose home countries are indebted over 9000.

EU is close to collapse due to debts and low birth rate. And this is good.

EU is also an inherently contradictory organization. European countries are in it for the good times (get funds in cities and so on) but not in it for the bad times (peoples of various countries aren't so keen on bailing out others).

It was never going to work. At the end of the day, a Greek is a Greek, a Pole is a Pole, a Spaniard is a Spaniard and a Frenchman is a Frenchman. There is no common European identity.

It is possible that EU will be divided into two zones or at the very least there could be a northern european zones for countries like Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, etc...

I'm loving this whole thing. Was alive for 70s embargo. Fuck OPEC and every other oil producing country that sought to bend us over.

they will have same fate as ussr
they will collapse with different currencies and all that shit that they created will be scrapped and sold for 3 coins

because it has no demand without anal therapy of ECB, debts in euro and weak cuckcountries (poland, greece, portugal, turkey etc)

The main problem is the totally manufactured rapefugee crisis. Whoever destabilized those Muslim hives, had the objective of harming Europe, most definitely. Look no further than (((America))) and their Greatest Ally. The Jew is destroying Europe yet again, but now the poor naive whites are totally blind to the Satanic priest behind the curtain.

>Countries around the world are less able to buy what Germany produces. And Germany is no America, it doesn't have a big consumer base.
Yes? Exactly what I said: We can feed ourselves and produce all we need. What else do you want?

>China's growth is exaggerated.
youtube.com/watch?v=w9hFAlqKmfM

>It will collapse, which is worse from Germany's perspective.
I'm looking forward to it. We have been in deeper shit and came out fine.
I'd rather have a quick end to that dysfunctional currency union that drag that shit out forever.

>Germans, as individuals, are too shy from borrowing money and they are not big consumers.
>Oy Gevalt, the goyim aren't borrowing enough money.

>This makes your industries very reliant on the world economy.
>obsessed with free trade deals
Nothing wrong with free trade.
And again. We can be more or less completely autarkic if we need to be, set aside some resources.

>it can trigger backlash in neighboring countries. Britain left the EU partially because of that.
Because of our trade? I don't think so. The Queen repeated today that they want access to the common market.

Best thing is for the United States to maintain and at least breakeven for a decade while suppressing oil barrel prices at this level. It can help the country escape from the clutches of the Middle East lessening their influence and corruption.

i dont drive cars=not supporting terrorism

am i redpilled ?

No, motorsports are part of the White Man's rightful enjoyment.