Thoughts on spanking? especially curious from parents of Sup Forums

thoughts on spanking? especially curious from parents of Sup Forums

>have you ever been physically punished as a child?
>is it normal in your country?
>is it ever justified? why?
>would you/do you already do it to your own kid?
>do you think it's possible to properly discipline children without using violence?
>final and most important question: should it be legal or not?

i got the belt tons of times growing up and looking how I turned out I'm wondering if it means anything. It's one of those weird things where yeah you know technically by definition ur hurting the child to administer punishment but then as a parent you still tell them you love them so it's just full on mixed feelings even as an adult

Not just spanking.

I am a proponent of beating the everliving shit out of rowdy kids, and shooting misbehaving pets.

some kids need it, others don't.

My dad got 6 of the cain almost every week in boarding school in Kenya. He vowed to never hit his kids. We turned out fine because he raised us well and we weren't shitty people. I won't spank my kids but if they act out then a clop upside the head might do them some good. All depends on the kid.

Hitting kids with tools is abuse.

My father whooped my arse as a kid when i fucked up hard. I hated it naturally but looking back i can see he had try to reason with me and other things at the time and i was just a dumb fuck who needed a belting every now and then to be put on the right path. Im not sure how common it is here but among immigrant parents i imagine it is very.

Personally i wouldnt want to do it, my father is a very gentle person who only used it as a last resort when i had done some unspeakably dangerous dumb shit. Even then he would come into my room and apologise to me afterwards. Hes a good man who felt that his only way of getting through to a dumb kid was an arse whooping and i suppose he was right. I would personally try a million different avenues before i go down that road though, i dont think i have it in me to belt my kid though i suppose he hasnt done some stupid arse shit yet so i cant say what i would do.

I turned out well adjusted, good degree, friends, job, family etc. so i dont think its as bad as they say though not all kids have a dad whos holding back and does the bare minimum with a belt like i had i guess.

>legal or not
again, i wouldnt have learned any other way that throwing knives as a kid was stupid until i hurt someone. Some kids are like that and making it illegal makes it damn near impossible to guide and control them and you end up with the brats who cry in shopping centres for toys. On the other hand you have parents who come home and take their days frustration out on the kid which is despicable. I suppose its a case by case basis? im curious to hear if others have good ideas on how best to balance it

also i can probably count my beatings on one hand so its not like it was a regular thing, more for spectacular dumb shit. I think in such cases it is ok

>shooting misbehaving pets

I killed one of my dogs because it bit me for no goddamed reason

Lowers the IQ of your kid and it can seriously harm their psyche. Just raise your kids properly so you don't have to beat them.

t. 26yo virgin with no experience in parenting what so ever. .

seems fair enough

yeah that's the kind of response I usually get when I ask other parents. The strange thing though is that a parent's own standard for what exactly is "stupid arse shit" or "unspeakably dangerous dumb shit" gets so arbitrary sometimes, like some kids get a full whipping for something that other people might see as not a big deal. But then again, my own parents were kinda lax on me so maybe they did need the "discipline" as they say

>Lowers the IQ of your kid and it can seriously harm their psyche
fugg

MY step dad used to smack me from like 6 to 11, and then after that he screamed and threatened to beat the shit out of me until I was 13, and I was crying, and my real dad saw, and threatened to call the Garda on him, so he stopped it all. My Mam never did it and my real dad never did it either. My real dad had anger issues but he never took it out on me or my half brothers. I rebelled during the time I got smacked, and I rebelled till I was thirteen. I did it to get back at him. After that, I was a pretty good kid. Basically for some people any type of abuse will fuck with you, and only the shittiest kids actually need to be punished

If you ever hit your kid or even feel the need, you're parenting wrong.

Treat them like little grown ups. They will act like little grown ups. I've never been embarrasses in public by them, they trust me completely, and our connection is on a much more honest and higher level. Let them make mistakes and don't freak out, but explain to them calmly. What the mistake was, and now that they know it better not happen again.

It rarely if ever will.

DON'T HIT YOUR KIDS!

Wives and children need to be spanked when they misbehave and deserve it.
>do you already do it to your own kid?
What kind of father would I be if I didn't?

Its a last resort thing that you should never really completely remove from your arsenal i think. Avoid using it if you can at all costs but dont sit there and throw up your hands in frustration when your kid tells you to buy him a new xbox game or hes going to shit in the kitchen i think.

Each parents definition is going to be the main problem like you said. What my dad used it for was "kid aint gonna learn any other way" and i think he was 110% right in the times he did. Who is to be the judge of this in every scenario though i dont know

Just do a loose circumcision the first time.

Take it all off if they keep it up and then see how they like it.

Spanking, a slap upside the head, or a smack across the face when they get mouthy is all fine. What isn't fine is beating the shit out of them. Kids need physical punishment to be reminded who's in charge, nothing more

My Dad came home one day and said "This is your new Mom" my real Mom was fine.

So this bitch hated me. Her kids were retarded and I was a genious.

But one year I grew 7 inches over the summer. She went to slap me and I caught her hand midair, and told that fat old slag "You'll never hit me again"

>The beatings will continue until reasoning skills improve

>Who is to be the judge of this in every scenario though i dont know
I was talking to a strict no-spanking parent the other day and he told me the idea is that there shouldn't be judgement at all and that parents should never spank as an absolute. I asked how else are some kids supposed to be disciplined, and he just gave vague parenting advice. It was all fine and ok but his own kid gets into trouble sometimes which is a major concern as that could get into adulthood as the manipulative type of authority instead of respecting it

shit like this is never taught in school, and if you've got shitty parents to get your own parenting style from it seems like you're just destined to repeat the same vicious cycle unless explicitly broken. scary to think child abuse is passed down between generations like this

I was spanked as a kid and got the whoopingof my life when I ran off from home for 24 hours once when I was 10 with my neoghbors. Never got another spanking after that. I turned out good

>vague parenting advice
Im curious what he will do when his kid tells him to fuck off and that hes playing playstation all night. It is all nice to hand out vague advice when your house is in order, its another thing to hand it out when your house is slowly catching fire is what this bloke sounds like.

I copped about 3-5 whoopings and turned into a straight A kid who later could comprehend that doing dumb shit like was dumb, something i wouldnt understand at the time. From this i plan to build upon when i have my own kids, each parent should naturally be taking what worked and what didnt and always looking to improve. Sad that someone who was beaten regularly as a child cant connect the dots to their current state or those who never were and not realising that a kid needs limits.

It is scary to think it gets passed down that way when you would think it would be terminated after a single gen aye? the user here would be quite sad if he turned out like his step dad having seen the bullshit that it is first hand.

i was spanked Once and only ever ONCE. I learned if i was gonna do something that would get me spanked: 1. Dont get caught. 2. Just dont do it.

Ass whippings for good reason should be given depending on whether the child can be reasoned with. I received regular whippings on the farm way back in the day (70's)... but ONLY when I deserved them. I grew up, joined the military, served my country with honor in a time of war, got out, hooked a nice blue collar job and had 2 kids. Both have gotten a whipping exactly 1 time, they never required a 2nd. I have a niece whose parents can sit and reason with. It varies and as long as it's not for ZERO reason AND it's explained afterwards why you got it, then it can be positive.
source: mid 40's productive/law-abiding father and US citizen

My mom never allowed my dad to spank me as a kid. Her parenting style was incredibly hands off which led to me and my siblings to all kinds of stupid shit, leading to my dad getting pissed off to the point where he beat us out of anger instead of for discipline. I remember one time he got so mad he punched me in the chest and it hurt to laugh for two weeks afterwards. It was a pretty fucked up situation, thinking back on it. Had my mother not had him pussywhipped to the point that he could only actually get involved in our upbringing after his reason had gone out the window I think I would have had a better childhood and become a better adult.

I spank my children only when repeated verbal warnings don't do the job and NEVER out of anger.

true true, you right. Dunno what that guy would do man, I think his own dad might of spoiled him since he was kind of a snooty prick to preach to people shit that's not working in his own family. hypocrites, you know.

anyways I'm talking to my girl about this and she's also the no-spanky type and I'm just not sure how to proceed if the wife is also strictly against it while a kid's just acting like a uppity loose cannon right under my nose. Maybe I'll cross that bridge when I get there and take charge to do what needs to be done but it's so circumstantial and ambiguous to even think in advance

fairest way to go about it. You're right when you said that communication has to be there, I guess that's what most people forget to mention on whether or not discipline should be done. back on my mind is what if the kid just does not cooperate or is a dumbass by nature like his old man, shit's gonna be so hard to judge when the time comes. Really tests someone

This is about the best way to go about it i think. Last resort stuff plus actual discipline will stop future issues in both the kid and the parent who may lash out against the kid due to cumulative issues.

See . A hands off approach can work but if it leads to unruly kids who are fucking up it may backfire on you and end up worse for the kids as well. It is hard to imagine it now and hell id say even your girlfriend might ask you to discipline the kid when he calls her a cunt bitch one day. It all changes when you have a kid so to sit and say what you will and wont is meaningless. More meaningless is writing off something completely. Better to be willing to spank and never need it than need to spank and be unwilling imo

I think the decline of corporal punishment has directly resulted in the rampant sense of entitlement and laziness in today's youth. I'm pretty young, but my dad used to whip the shit outta me if I was lazy or disrespectful.

i'm for it, but only if it's done randomly and for no reason at all and if it stops only when it bleds.

>It all changes when you have a kid

this is what I'm scared shitless of. You know how Sup Forums always talks about 1488? well when your girl is calling it now and then you'd have to deal with an actual kid, it's mindnumbing. I'm losing sleep already thinking about shit like this. 10 years ago I was in my mom's attic smoking weed as a virgin playing video games and now after getting my life back on track a couple years ago I've got all this bullshit to figure out alongside a job. Fuck I don't even know how to address weed with a kid, I loved it myself in my teens but it fucked me up and set me back, not to mention how degenerate it is despite how rebellious I was about it to my own parents

god help me

Lol im black mate so i dont worry too much about your issues i guess but i can see what you mean.

>weed
I dont care for it but lord do i hate people who dont shut the fuck up about it. Im also yet to meet one who isnt a bum desu. Id tell my kid to stay away from it and if he can, like any drug it will fuck you up and i doubt any persons ability to be a successful family man with a good career while being a regular user.

Guide your kid right, show them right from wrong and thats about all you can do really. My dad after my last whooping just decided to show me what is good in life and what isnt. He never yelled at me if i came home at 5am when i was 14 because he knew that i already knew the drill. I knew what was good and bad and adjusted course myself. Instill into your kid their own compass and youll find yourself doing less and less i guess.

Godspeed mate

oy fucking vey

Spank between the ages of 2-5 while they are concrete thinkers.
Stop after they understand things globally and introduce more effective forms of punishment.
Never spank in anger, never lose control, always do it while the other parent is around.
Both parents need to spank to avoid "villianizing" one parent.
Never use a tool such as a belt, switch or fly swatter. You can't judge the striking power of tools as accurately as you can your hand.

I wont spank my kids.

I caught a few spanking as a kid, but it was rare like maybe 3-4 times and I knew exactly why I got them.

g-d doesn't limit the number of times you can redo the covenant. Just one more milimeter each time and the child will eventually come into the unity with g-d.

where is the fun in that?

was just using a phrase around here but yeah thanks man, I sincerely appreciate all of your input. Good stuff, completely agree with you 110% on weed and right-and-wrong morals

you take care

You made me spit my coffee out you funny fucker. Upvoted.

Mazel Tav!

Ill just put up a belt,a stick and a wrench on the table and tell the kid to choose.

he must have had a good one

THIS!

Take my (You)!!

Very young children don't have the mental capacity to "reason" like an adult, but they DO understand the universal teaching tool.. pain.

>be kid who just fucked up hard
>dad tells me to go and break off a branch

I still remember crying as I broke off a branch and handed it to my dad. Fucken terrible feeling. One of those and I was set straight for life. Something about choosing your own beating weapon is terrifying.

Dad would just shoot me a look later when I was about to act up and I would stop. 100% effective.

It's normal where I'm from and I support it.

The point about spanking kids is that you need to do it so that it hurts but not go overboard and take your frustruations out on the child or sth fucked up.
Pain helps you accept things you may not like, since it gives you a way to be obedient while telling yourself that it's not because you're a cuck or sth but because the alternative is being beaten.

Sort of like a woman's anti slut defence

My mom used to slap me in the face and beat my ass all the time.

Now I need to pay women on craigslist to do it.

Spanking is justified when they're young, only if nothing else works(i.e. putting them in time out, stern talkings, taking away privileges, ect). and only if you make it very clear to them why they're being spanked. Tell them what they did wrong and not to do it again, otherwise it is just perceived as you hurting them for no good reason and your kids will just end up hating you for it. I remember my pops always saying "this hurts me more than it does you" when he laid that belt across my ass and it really made me think.

I'd say open hand hitting across the face would only be permissible when they're in their teens and spanking just isn't practical anymore but the line starts to get a little blurred on when and when it isn't justifiable. You're also likely to get the cops called on you if you do it in public.

Yeah but you're an australian shitposter on Sup Forums...so it didn't really work out that well, did it?

I used to get in trouble on purpose because my parents never hit me hard enough. It was a way to mock them.

My dad was abusive physically, he was big and hit hard. It taught me that pain was real, and also how to be a better father.
I gotta give a lot of credit to my wife on this, she works in pediatric psychiatry and has shown me the ways to properly discipline our children. She believes in corporal punishment done right, and also how to handle more complicated issues when the children got older.

The proof is in the pudding, one kid is taking college classes as a Freshman in high school, the other is in residency for Radiology right now. Both have amazing moral compasses, date their own race, and have had at least part time jobs since they were 14.

Giod parenting tool when properly applied. Cannot use it often, otherwise the child will become used to it.

Probably causes fetish behavior as an adult, but spanking is benign as things go, so whatever.

If a child gets violent with his siblings or peers, beat the shit out if him.

Yes. 10-16/18 are good enough ages. Because that's how understanding of the law, understanding of the action and consequence develops. rods, paddle and cane (instruments used in our household) represent the legal action in its severity appropriate to misbehaving. Main thing is to avoid random beating - that's child abuse. Our mother and governess had a notebook for each kid, where she kept track of misbehavior during the week and where to each fuck-up certain amount of strokes was adjusted. On Saturday at 10 AM punishment began. Before the time it was our job, to bring long wooden bench in the center of the living room, prepare tools and wait. Then our governess would walk in, read from each note aloud what happened during the week and proceed with punishment. By seniriority. Elder sister first, me next and younger bro last. Once it's done with you, you wait until everyone receives it. If you didn't had misbehaviour during the week, then you just watch.

>I'd say open hand hitting across the face would only be permissible when they're in their teens

I'd disagree with you there. When they are tweens or preteens (w/e stupid name they use these days) and decide they want to test the limit popping off at the mouth... THAT'S the perfect time to use a quick pop in the mouth. My daughter only made that mistakes once... hasn't dared to try it again thus far. But each kids is different etc etc etc.

I posted this without reading the comments, but there are some good points raised:
-never do it out of anger, but because its to teach a lesson - you need to be calm and rational.
-I'd suggest ages ~7 and up, as controlling the level of harm could be difficult on a young child and a slight misstep could fuck up their development. On the question of till when, its pretty much till when you feel like they could beat you back or you see they're tough enough to withstand the pain and increasing the pain level could cause serious damage. This is usually like late teens desu

- And obviously, its more effective when its not regular - you might have to do it once or twice to show you mean business, but after that just the threat of violence should be enough to discourage children(if it doesn't, you weren't violent enough). After that, you only need to very rarely actually spank(when to do this will be obvious - just the threat of violence will no longer scare the child)

Yes
I don't really know
Yes, i was a little shit
I would
No, kids will become spoiled cunts
Spanking isnt again'st any laws, don't go punching your kids around out of the blue and dont get arrest

>hitting children into late teens
This is where the goyim get it wrong. You have lost control by then.

If you have a late teen who still rebels, just strap him down and cut his entire foreskin off with a kitchen knife and then help him sew it back up and teach him first aid.

It should have been done at the 8th day or else you wouldn't have this problem. You probably didn't even have him read the Torah scrolls.

>If you have a late teen who still rebels, just strap him down and cut his entire foreskin off with a kitchen knife and then help him sew it back up and teach him first aid.
niggers and mongrels on cuck pol not even once

Bump

fuck off flagfag.

Like I mentioned in my post, it's probably a good spanking initially, and then only when they rebel - this can happen anytime and is basically them saying you've only threatened to beat me since the last time and I'm not scared anymore. When they call your bluff, its time to get down to business. When this happens has nothing to do with how old they are but more about how many times they've tried to rebel and kept in check with a threat and how long until their fear vanishes.

It has everything to do with when you have the procedure done. When they grow in to late teens then they are past the age of Bar Mitzvah and by that time if they are still in rebellion against g-d then you have failed.

There is only one chance left, and you have to take the entire chance off or else he is not your son anymore.

Literally nigger tier behavior. It makes your kid a low IQ retard.

This is what brought us the millenial snowflake...
Uh, I see...you're a leaf.

It's also why Canada is full of Trudeau faggots.

Only with your bare hands, the point of it it's not to inflict a huge amount of pain (using a belt, a shoe, etc), it's just to make a link in their thinking process between doing something bad and recieving the consequences.
I believe the use of an item to spank changes the meaning completely, it's not about your loving parent barely hurting you with his own hands to teach you a lesson (just scaring you), but for your parent to willingly inflict you an excess of pain, the item itself makes the act of spanking about a show of power instead.

I rarely got spanked, instead, what my mother used to do, was to make me write a sentence a set amount of times or a set amount of pages, example: "I should not insult my sister" x200, I believe this method works just as well as just scaring your child with a spank, instead of creating the link through a scare you force it through repetition, if you are going to implement this, don't go full crazy like my mother and make your child do as many reps as my mother forced me to do, it will greatly fuck the child's calligraphy, in order to finish faster the 500-900 reps I started writting super fast but at the cost of having an horrible calligraphy, and to this day I maintain it.

Spanking is fine if the parent then explains why they spanked the shit out of their children. But if they just beat their kids out of frustration or takes their frustration out of them and/or humiliates them in public, then it damages the psyche of the child. It gets worse if that thing becomes consistent throughout the years.

tl;dr In everything, always practice moderation. Don't be too strict, don't be too lax either.

This and its not even about the moderation, but delivery.

I got hit in the head with a brick, however, the brick was very gentle and understanding, telling me epic tales of grandiose temples of Hyperborea, also revealing "the doctor" to be nothing more than a fraud.

That brick is gently hitting me to this day.

Spanking your child has no positive outcomes. It lowers IQ and the child becomes reactionary only in response to your behavior-- fear of the spanking comes before logic and reason when they choose to act. It's literally a monkey-tier punishment to serve that teaches your child how to lie more than it teaches them to behave. Don't be afraid to admit you were abused and then project that onto your own children. It is immoral.

>It lowers IQ
Random beating, not spanking. Have you seen IQ in Singapore and Japan?

It's even better in Best Korea.

This took less than a minute to find. Japan and Singapore have higher average IQ than most countries but to suggest that everyone in those countries spanks their children would be silly. It would be more accurate to suggest that most children in those countries have not been spanked. This is also without mentioning the larger influence of genetics that comes into play, where east asians are superior in terms of IQ

Research more. In Singapore it's 60%+ households
>where east asians are superior in terms of IQ
They are really not that intelligent, but rather focused and have a special test drooling classes

Depending on how bad I fucked up, and how old I was at the time, it varied from a smack on the ass, to out right getting beaten and thrown about the room.

He'll one time I was off skipping class and getting drunk and high (16yrs old), dad caught, drug me home and full on beat the fuck out of me. I respect him for it now. I wanted to think I was this big bad hard ass and he proved me wrong.

>They are really not that intelligent
The average IQ in these countries say otherwise.
I'm not sure where your argument stems from either. Are you suggesting that because a smarter population spanks, we should spank as well? Because the correlation between spanking and IQ hasn't been refuted, that would mean singapore would have an even higher IQ if they stopped spanking their children.

I was spanked, slapped, punched, hit with a belt, locked under the stairs and everything in between as a kid and now I'm a submissive faggot that likes bondage and getting hit. Today especially it'll just make the kid hate you and develop serious emotional/anxiety issues because nobody else's parents do it anymore.

>The average IQ in these countries say otherwise.
What Whites pass off offhands, they do after drooling and preps. When the difference within the margin of error, you know who's the smarty. My argument is that anti-spanking hysteria is a SJW nonsense with no real proof to oppose it as an effective measure to maintain the order #prodlycaned

But Dr. (((whitestein))) said it's not the right way to raise your kids because his parents tore off his foreskin and it hurt ;_;

just the wife

blacks misbehave more and get beaten more
seems like that would explain the correlation

Should be mandatory for stevelittle girls unf

If you're going to pass off any and all scientific evidence as SJW hysteria, you're just a hysteric numale on the other side. There's more than that one link with plenty of evidence to suggest that spanking and IQ are related.
It's true that studying rigorously for specific IQ tests will result in higher scores, but the difference between the number of individuals that actually do this in comparison to the actual genuine testing of a population's IQ are miniscule and have very little if any effect on the projected data. Don't spank your kids.

There is seriously no problem with spanking

You made the right choice. A dog that bites a stranger opens you up to all sorts of legal trouble.

There is no problem with spanking, but your son will never love you unless you put his penis into a clamp and pay your uncle to suck out the blood.