Friendly reminder that Canada is a police state

Friendly reminder that Canada is a police state

canadianfirearmsblog.ca/rcmp-rules-ar-15-80-lower-receivers-prohibited/

Other urls found in this thread:

stratasysdirect.com/blog/worlds-first-3d-printed-metal-gun/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Heres what an 80% lower looks like. Its a machined piece of metal that is the most basic part of a gun. People buy them, machine out the remaining 20% of metal, and then use a kit to assemble an AR-15. The product has no serial number and is very hard to trace. It is completely legal in the US (I think?) and would not be surprised if other countries would imprison you for trying it.

>An 80% completed prohibited weapon is still prohibited
Look, I disagree with the entire concept of weapon classification and restriction. But of all the retarded, pants on fucking head decisions the RCMP make; you choose this one to throw a fit about?

Buy a tactical shotgun you mong

Can you share some of the things the RCMP does? I never hear about them much on this board.

How difficult is it too build an AR-15? I can build PCs, fix cars with instructions and do a lot of other things.
Is there a list of items to buy or do they sell kits? What is the best options?
Can homebuilt gun be sold on Backpage? Is there any profit in that

Wait what the fuck, the police decide what is legal and isn't? Goddamn what a shithole.

Go to /k/ retard.

Literally have an entire general dedicated to this shit. Why post on Sup Forums when no one really gives a shit about obscute muh fun laws in Canada.

I didn't mention anything about how RCMP handles gun laws neighbor, I'm just unaware of Canadians having discontent with the RCMP.

An ar15 80% lower isn't an incomplete M16 lower. Prohibiting it because it might be made into an m16 lower is borderline thought crime territory.

And also solving a problem that doesn't exist, as there's no record of an 80% lower ever being built into a firearm and used by a criminal in Canada.

the RCMP are gun grabbing hosers

They're very easy to build but completing a lower can be a tad bit more difficult (albeit not very hard, just harder).

The completed lower receiver requires you to buy it through a gun store and have a background check run but the rest can be bought online. Some places sell kits online and IRL.

My suggestion is to buy something like the Saint and just take it completely apart and put it back together and figure out bits you want to improve on it after a couple thousand rounds. Then completely assemble your next gun from scratch, this way you know what parts are important to you and what you want the gun to do the best (target, 3 gun, home defense etc).

Go to /k/ to learn about that stuff, but selling home built guns will probably get you arrested.

>go to /k/
>end up with 30 nuggets

k

Yes. Under the conservatives, they tried a bunch of times but got their hands slapped. The liberals have given them free reign to do as they please. My guess is they're going to attempt to prohibit the AR15 altogether, as any AR15 lower can be machined out to take M16 fire control parts.

You also need a Federal Firearms Licence to sell guns commercially. You will get ass raped in jail if you are manufacturing guns for sale.

i doubt this, they learned their lesson when obama got elected and sandy hook

everyone bitched about guns and they skyrocketed to levels never before seen

I was selling weapons at the time at a pawn shop. i couldnt even keep rugers in stock

Here in Aus the bikies gangs put out plans to build a smg from parts you buy at your local hardware store.

hnnnnggg. where is the best place to by a ruger 10/22, btw? cabela's or some hole in the wall pawn shop?

>Canada bans a hunk of aluminum or polymer
In the US an "80% lower" is nothing more than a paperweight in regulation as it fucking should be.
Pic related the insanity of bureaucratic pathology never ceases to amaze me

just go to a shooting range that sells guns and have them custom order you one. price will be competitive and you'll get what you want.

the reps are always willing to help out their most popular dealers for their area so pick a nice place.

>borderline thought crime territory
It is thought crime.
Hell all of the basis of gun regulations that Target the law abiding is thought crime.

Canada isn't a stranger to thought crime anyway look up Ernst zundel. He served jailtime for publishing "wrong" opinions

I mean, yeah you can do that but the people capable of modifying an already constructed AR15 lower/bolt carrier can most likely construct a full auto one from scratch.

Plus AR15 bolt carriers need a part extended to be full auto. Really all that needs to be done is a modification to the bolt carrier, adding in the sear, and making a tooth for the hammer.

Good luck shooting it anywhere though, people are fucking nuts about people owning full auto and will rat on other gun owners at the drop of a hat.

they are like your navy seals

highly trained and live secret lives

ones you pass training you are assigned to another province where you work anonymously

you do anything from sniping, spying, recon, rescues, terrorists, pretty much everything

the RCMP are the highest tier force in canada

usually they rank higher than the seals, sometimes tie with the russian spetznas

also they absolutely hate native indians

What about 79%?

Unthreaded buffer tube socket.

>My suggestion is to buy something like the Saint
Saint isn't a good baseline rifle for what you're suggesting
It's an alright package deal but if you're going for upgrades even the Ruger 556 is a much better choice for what you're suggesting due to being much more affordable (Palmetto State armory has them regularly right now for 450) than the saint and being of similar quality minus the BCM furniture.

But for first time builders I cannot recommend aero precision's M4E1 upper receiver due to how they handle barrel and gas tube installation.

>RCMP rules

How the fuck is this even possible in a western country?

How is an LEO making AND enforcing laws?

Also, just go for 79% lowers kek

Should the RCMP be disbanded since they are antigun cuckolds?

What's weird up here is that M16 fire control parts are illegal, but M16 spec bolt carriers aren't. I wonder if the RCMP doesn't know what the extended shelf on the M16 carrier is for.

You cannot sell a home made gun unless you yourself are a licensed manufacturer and then you have to serialize all your guns you plan to sell anyway.

Selling completed 80% lowers as you describe is illegal in all of the US.
Unless you're taking them to a gun buyback but at that point making slam fire single shot shotguns with some hardware store supplies is a better idea.

FYI very few US manufacturers of base AR components make AR15 boot carriers.
The M16 profile BCG is the most common on both the commercial and LEO/military ARs
It doesn't matter as it is useless without the fire control group and third position receiver to take it.
Then again Canadian government insanity is a special kind so I wouldn't make a bet against them trying to ban it for no other reason than having "M16" in the name

you can build a 80% receiver, and sell it to a individual. before you sell it you would need to take it into a ffl or gunsmith to have it serialized and registered though.
the law only states that 80% receivers were banned. im curious on the laws of building your own from a 0% or just a block of aluminium using a cnc machine.
>pic related
9mm ar 80%
still waiting on the jig to arrive in the mail
Polymer80 Pistol frame with a Glock 22 slide
Polymer80 pistol frame waiting to be built with Glock 17 Parts.

There's plenty of alternative black rifles that aren't prohibited or even restricted. The RCMP is retarded but it doesn't stop you from shooting cool guns.

I hope you get deported back to your homeland.

Shh don't tell them you moron!

Awesome! Thanks, user. It'll be my first gun so I'm not exactly sure what to custom order. Located in North Atlanta and surrounded by gun ranges

Welcome to Canada, we'll be gone as a nation in 20 years.

10/22 isn't a bad starter gun at all but if you are just wanting something to target with even air rifles can provide a degree of that sort

what is your history of firearms?

I approve of this, user.
How are those Glock kits? I get advertising emails about them and they look pretty good. i have no problem buying the real deal but saving some shekels while rounding out my Glock collection gives me the grins desu

Don't be jealous that you can't get $250 USD M14s

Right, like the US FBI.but with panache and talent.

My next purchase. More than 250 bucks tho sadly

Check out some of the custom parts for the 10/22 while you're at it, like the updated bolt release. They make a great gun even better. I was surprised to find a thriving aftermarket for parts and I've heard pretty good things

to answer your other questions
>How difficult is it too build an AR-15?
that completely depends on how much work you want to put into it and what your intentions of building it yourself are.
if you are building it just to have a firearm and dont really care if you have to register it or not. then just buy a completed reciever and look into basic parts.
>Is there a list of items to buy or do they sell kits? What is the best options?
you can build a complete lower with basically 4 different item purchases
>Receiver
>Lower parts kit
>Buffer tube
>stock of choice.

after that all youd have to do is find a upper that youd like to use. for your first one id just buy a complete one since youd end up spending even more on the tools to put a upper together. although they would be tools that youd eventually need anyway to keep up with maintenance of the firearm.
>Can homebuilt gun be sold on Backpage?
not unless you're looking to acquire some serious felonies unless you have registered and serialized it and pricate pary sales in your state are allowed without going through a ffl.
>Is there any profit in that
that completely depends on how much you can save when building it.
my glock 22 from a 80% cost me a total of $375
you can find a decent glock on armslist for cheaper, but i built it for the expirience.

80% receivers have gotten very very popular lately, which has hiked prices on parts for alot of items.
>glock 17 slides are roughly the price of buying a new model from a ffl.

>not 7.62x51
Why do you do this to me

you wont save any money unless you buy used parts.
my complete 22 slide was used and i paid 275 on ebay for it.

reminder that 3D metal printers exist and it's only a matter of time before they are affordable for enthusiasts

Ok that was kinda my first impression too. Thanks user and happy millings to you

ive never understood people and the 7.62x39
everyone is trying to build them in ar platforms and are running into huge problems with feed ramp issues and mags not properly feeding.
seems like a waste of time to me

You can't print any good mechanical part with any 3d metal printer + by nature of these machines they'll never be affordable.

Even if you had one you'd need a mill and a lathe or a lot of patience with a metal file.

Right there with you bro
.300BLK master race. Same ballistics pretty much and really affordable if you save your brass and reload already.

Cheaper ammo is the only reason. 7.62x39 is like 8x cheaper than 7.62x51 up here

gimmick catridge lol

Can't print hardened steel

Plus the 7.62x39 has the ballistic profile of a potato canon

yet

That's not how it works. You can't harden a piece of steel pixel by pixel.

>implying they won't figure out a way to do it sooner or later

Either way, it doesn't need to be as good as a machined piece to be lethal. If rocket engines can be 3D printed, a gun can be 3D printed.

AR-15s aren't prohibited, they're restricted... The wording is very important here.

Being "lethal" isn't the problem, it's making it hard enough to not explode and blow your damn hand off, which is very fucking hard when you're talking about modern smokeless powder ammunition. The backpressure on a rocket is, tops, 3000 PSI. Gun metal has to hold at 50000+ PSI.

Rank and file RCMP are alright. There's dipshits like any police force... The administration and leadership are a bunch of politicized spergs and dumbfucks that really do embody the traditions of the traditional leadership of the force, by being spergs and fuck wads.

I'm on Strata council with a retired RCMP member. She was the leader of the Pacific drug task force. Good person on a social level, but as president of the Strata, she's a fucking tyrant.

i'm gonna make 79% lowers and clean up

I am entirely in favor of a British Columbia police service. But it won't stop them from sticking their dirty noses into my gun locker.

to be fair, the only part of a ar lower reciever that takes most of the force of the round and bolt would be where the buffer tube threads in. everything else on the lower is just there to hold individual parts in place.
ar15mold is a company that allows you to pour your own polymer cast lower. they were having alot of problems with buffer tube necks snapping and came out with a brace insert to strengthen it. but its still not going to be as durable as a aluminium lower.

AR lowers are just trigger housings that hold the buffer tube and mag, they don't take up any of the stress in the process of firing and other than the hammer and trigger, there aren't parts moving there.
if you can make semi-reliable ones out of plastics, I'm sure metal 3D printer will produce something stronger than that

AR lowers are made of aluminum and even plastic, no need for hardened steel

Ayy someone else from BC that's pretty rare

BC used to have our own police force and they were well liked unlike RCMP.

Dumb fucks who run this joke country:
>doooood why shouldn't we legalize weed? Prohibition doesn't work people just buy it illegally anyway
>we need to ban guns to keep people safe a gun ban will definitely work and people won't buy them illegally or anything

dude, no, why, no, plz, don't, why, dude, bro, no
>3x the price of an SKS
>2x the weight of an SKS
>half as accurate as an SKS
>quarter as reliable as an SKS

just get the regular version

I'm not buying guns illegally I'm just pointing out that when you ban guns while honest people might not get guns criminals will still have guns

oh no, I got your point. complaining about retarded laws doesn't mean you don't abide by them. but just because we abide by them, doesn't make them any less retarded either. they need to be changed and adjusted for common sense.
the reaction is to the absolute lack of logic or even pretense of consistency when it comes to the law

Oh trust me there is discontent

England bans guns to make the people safer.

Oh, wait.... I guess that fucking didn't work did it....

It can be done, but the machines are large and very costly - it's still a far off concept, but it's been proven to be do-able. See:

stratasysdirect.com/blog/worlds-first-3d-printed-metal-gun/

They have made jet engines using 3d printed additive manufacturing processes, making a firearm is easy. But the cost is insane, slow to make, etc etc. Easier to make using traditional methods still