Remind me, why am I supposed to feel sorry for homeless people?

Remind me, why am I supposed to feel sorry for homeless people?

I understand that they're on the street because of some tragedy or another, but how much of it is really their own fault for being lazy or incompetent?

How am I supposed to believe that everything is THAT stacked against them? I had shitty parents, I've ended up sleeping outside in the city, and I only got away by joining the goddamn armed forces. I tried to make friends and allies, tried to find work, and in the meantime, moved out and lived like a refugee, with some shitty abbo sleeping not two feet away, all in a bedbug infested shithole. Before that, I'd sleep at college clubs or with random friends -- thankfully not having to put out to do it. And even in my real youth, like 14-16, I gave massages for money and was trying to whore out and shit just to get enough to move out and only didn't stay in that "career" because the rates were shit compared to real jobs.

I'm settled and make decent wages now and support myself okay, but it took at least more effort than holding my hat out at people.

Why the fuck should I be guilted into giving the "less fortunate" money?

There's no way you can make it to the age of 30 or even 40 or 50 and not have had a single chance to get off the street.

It's cost just as much to pick up all the dead bodies scattered across major cities. Plus they'd probably just resort to robbing in order to feed themselves... Better off paying the 15 dollars a day to feed them.

>less fortunate

These people are a fucking disaster.

Also, that guy isn't poor. He's gypsy aristocracy.

Take a step forward and figure out how to make the community go from "give free shit to these disasters" to "tactically eliminate homelessness". Maybe walk up and down hastings street with Armed Forces pamphlets?

i know this is leafposting but you shouldnt, homeless people are generally homeless for a reason and usually even by choice.

unless you are in a cold area, that can be very bad

>Maybe walk up and down hastings street with Armed Forces pamphlets?
Many of the bus stops already have Army recruiting posters. Recruiting budgets in Canada are higher than ever, and there's always warships puttering around the coasts just to give tours and hand out stickers.

Not that I'd trust such shiftless people to even pass basic, let alone something like fire/flood school or a soldier qualification.

I accidentally kicked the shit out of a homeless once. Just ran up to kick a pile of trash and plastic, turns out there was a nigger sleeping under all of it. don't regret it at all.

These people wouldn't make the fucking cut. They'd all get fucking pruned on the drug questions or the fitness test. If they make it that far they don't have the references for security clearance.

This is a retarded idea.

okay, well it's obviously not effective enough. Improve the community for everyone and get the other dirty slobs on the street down the same path you took

Homeless are why I won't live or work in a big city. I was attacked by one in San Francisco and I regret not beating the junkie with the lead pipe I was holding. They're fucking everywhere over there. Tweakers drooling over free cash, pieces of true filth.

most are psych cases that were ditched in the 80's. After that, it was easier to just let them fade in and out of private shelters.
at current, new homeless are ex-wards after insurance lapses. Family doesn't want to deal with it, because it's honestly not their problem.
combine that with drugs and small stints in jail and you get a steady population of vagrants who don't even care that they're sleeping in a gutter.

Looking at this picture some more and I gotta say, that's a pretty sweet rig. Is the push handle on the bottom and it lifts forward? Explains the strap work across the top. Extension cord, I believe. Looks like a modified Kroger model 2011. A fine rig indeed.

Because you failed When you were young and had the strength to fix yourself.
Hobos had a shitty job but enough to survive without thinking until their 30s 40s. Now they lost their job and they feel intimidated by young people in the same Situation because guess who gets the job. Its just harder to be optimistic the older you get.

they dont care at all about drug history; i admitted to weed and never heard of it again, and most active forces members do coke. i dont because im not at all curious about harder drugs and even weed gives me bad nausea, but it's just a plain fact that the forces b high as fuck and its not like its THAT hard to get a job at all, or even at least couch surf and be a dope slave

what kind of third world shithole do you come from where the pipes are still made out of lead instead of copper or PVC

ps

>hiding behind selectable flags
what a bunch of guilted niggers.

The recruiters don't care if you try something once, they do care if you do it everyday like these degenerates.

Amphetamines are the backbone of any modern force. They really only care if it can be used against you by spies fishing for intel, or if you're likely to be arrested before work.

You've never dealt with the homeless if you think any if them are functioning drug users.

Of course they're not functional, but that appears to be largely their fault.

Even if you're a heavy drug addict, you'd probably do better being a warm dope slave with a steady hookup in exchange for labor than being a cold hobo trying to "hustle" for change.

I guess the argument would be that it's not only about initial external resources. You were fortunate to have a good head and a strong character, while the less fortunate are essentially untermench in comparison. They could never do what you achieved.

I do not give money to homeless people, I do however volunteer at the county food bank 8 hours a month.
The people who come in are the real down on their luck. Most are on the very edge of being out on the street with their family in tow. Lots have 8-11 people living in a single residence. I don't feel sorry or bad for them, but I put myself in a position where I can help. If someone is hurting you just fucking help them.

The only time I would give money to a homeless person is if i knew them personally, even then I would expect them to spend it on cigarettes, drink or drugs.