Stop being an atheist

stop being an atheist

Give me one fucking good reason I should believe in your fairy tale bullshit. 1000 years from now people are going to worship Terry Davis or some shit as the creator of humanity. How do I not know Jesus was just some schizophrenic guy?

Pascal's Wager is one good reason.

Actually, that's about the only good reason I've ever seen. Teleology is another decent argument but pretty bullshit once you get down to it.

>Pascal's Wager is one good reason.
no

the true pascal's wager would include other religions than christianity that condemn you to hell so your odds of being right are 1/10000000 anyway

From a human standpoint, yes. From an almighty creator's standpoint, your creations only believe in you for the sake of maximizing their own potential gain, which is the opposite of what Christianity preaches.

You cannot decide your beliefs.

Alright, I'll concede that "good" reason in a pretty bold statement.

It's a reason, at least.

Someone who doesn't believe in an afterlife in the first place has no reason to just start believing because of pascals wager.

Stop telling lies and pretending they are the ultimate truth.

ok, whatever, now give me the profits

Only the foolish think this. The concept of god that lives in your head is not real and leads to madness.

I never liked Pascal's Wager. I always took it as I had to live a life full of restrictions and guilt for the mere possibilty of eternity.

No, thank you Jewus

Anyone who thinks Jesus actually looks like that is only lying to themselves.

no thank you

The number of religions is irrelevant. Atheists have an epistemic likelihood of 50% of being wrong. The other 50% can be divided into three parts: 1/6 chance something good, 1/6 chance something bad, including hell, 1/6 chance something neutral.

First of all, you suck at numbers.

Secondly, you just said atheists are safe with 5/6 of your own bullshit concocted odds.

Jesus was actually a strong aryan warrior who was born to bring the light of the jews to the european people.

>Secondly, you just said atheists are safe with 5/6 of your own bullshit concocted odds.
Oh noes, you mean I was objective? Are you seriously so retarded that you expect everyone to be as biased as you?

How did you get those odds?

Just epistemic odds from all conceivable possibilities... God exists/doesn't exist = 50/50, on the God exists side (atheists being wrong), bad/neutral/good, 1/6, 1/6, 1/6. The only point really was that the "nuh uh there's X number of religions," is irrelevant.

Jesus was 6'7 240lbs of pure Aryan muscle

>life full of restrictions and guilt
Christianity frees a man m8. This is the final red pill. I used to think like you and think they were prisoners and locked in to a bunch of a stupid rules, but it's the opposite. Your salvation is put in your own hands and now their is the highest of high authorities above you. You can become aesthetic and no longer as bothered by mortal pains or troubles, and you can no longer be a slave to man. No matter what kind of authority or punishment is exercised over you in life, it is not your highest authority. Literally sets your mind free from mortal struggles you have no control over, which from an atheist perspective would just fill you with rage and resentment of what ever struggle you were born into

Agree that Pascal's wager is retarded though

>Christianity frees a man m8.

K', let's go fuck women in the butt outside of wedlock.

i-is pic related blasphemy?

>implying freedom = sin

Frees a man's mind and spirit. If you want a free body go join your local lgbt trans rights no child pedophile university group

kek is the one true god

Why?

t. Agnostic

>Frees a man's mind and spirit.

Religious Trauma Syndrome

How is that a sin?

Shut the fuck up you stupid faggot.

Pascals wager has to be applied to multiple gods and christian sects tho. And depending on who is right you are fucked anyway.

Christianity is slave-morality fueled by mythology.

You seem to be using very basic reasoning and math to get those numbers. Is there any reading I can do to come to the conclusion that those numbers are correct or are they something you reasoned to be true?

Also you forget that you have to accept god in yoru heart. And you cant fool an omnipotent/present/scient god.

t. slave

The moment you prove they are not free, somebody gets butthurt.

How is it a sin for a non married man to go fuck bitches in the butt?

lol

I'm unfamiliar with whatever term you're trying to present to me here. Care to clarify?

I think you do not understand basic math. Just because there is 2 possible outcomes does not mean the chances are 50/50. The chance of aliens landing on earth tomorrow is not 50/50.

The chance of winning the powerball is not 50/50.

The number of religions is relevant because they all claim another truth and just believing in a god will not help you. You need to believe the right way.

Not a big fan of Jared Leto

I don't like it either. I'm unsure of my belief in the afterlife, but I don't subscribe to any organized religion.

Ok guys. Redpill me on (((religion))). It's pretty clear that God (Nature) exists, but why should I believe in a religion that supposedly is from God?

It isn't though. It's definitely a lot of mythology, but the philosophy of it is the opposite of slave mentality. It lowers makes a man value the immaterial and place less stock or resentment on his material world. It literally frees you from being a slave to anyone.

If you're trying to imply you're a slave to god or something, that still frees you from being capable of being a slave in your material world. If you are an atheist you are a slave to what ever your consequence of birth and everything that happens to you is. You could very well be a literal slave and that's all that exists to you. Christianity places something higher than that, and so gifts you stoicism in your material life

It's only an example of how arbitrary it is to claim Pascal's wager needs to take into account every religion. And epistemic likelihood is only contingent on how many options there are, i.e. if there are 2, like "true" and "false," then the likelihood is 50%. I guess you could google the difference between epistemic and metaphysical probability, or read about bayesian probability, but I'm p sure what I'm explaining here is obvious. If you think the only way to have reliable knowledge is to read something that tells you what to think, then you're more likely to be a brainwashed non-thinker than someone who knows anything meaningfully true.
lol you've only proved we're not free by your definition of "freedom," which apparently entails the ability to go out and sodomize women out of wedlock. Anyone could make the analogous argument that you're not free because of your desire to do so.
No, newfag.
>The chance of aliens landing on earth tomorrow is not 50/50
You only have an idea in your mind of the unlikelihood of that happening based on inductive reasoning -- literally that it hasn't happened in all this time. If the only information is that there's two choices, the -epistemic- probability of either of them being the case is, in fact, 50%.
>The chance of winning the powerball is not 50/50
.... There are more than two possibilities there.
>The number of religions is relevant because they all claim another truth and just believing in a god will not help you. You need to believe the right way.
The number of religions is not relevant. If that were so, you could come up with a new religion right now and scew the odds. How many people think there is or isn't a hell is irrelevant. They are not counted like the balls in powerball. Epistemically, there is a hell, or there isn't -- that's it. Other things can reduce the chances, like the possibility of a neutral event, or any number of non-hells, but what is believed is irrelevant.

>you're not free because of your desire to do so

I am free because I do what I desire.

Being a subservient beta that kills off his own volition to be subdued by other is the most cucked and slave one can be.

>I am free because I do what I desire.
That isn't a contradictory statement, you stupid monkey. It can be argued that having desire to sin in the first place means you aren't free. In fact, I bet if you're honest, you can feel that you're a slave. In fact, I bet you'd literally cry if you were that honest, seeing as how you're clearly butthurt enough to don the deus vult flag.

I've been here since I was underageb& in 2008. I'm not a newfag lmao, I've probably been here longer than all of you alt-right the_donald wannabes in this entire thread.

No, I will however join the right wing death squads.

give me a good reason.

>desire to sin

It is a sin only because you say it is a sin.

lol what I say has no bearing on reality. pic related. It's you.

No, it LITERALLY is.

Roman slaves invented Christianity to place the "superior morality" of humility, kindness, patience, and liberality above their "cruel", wealthy owners.

I thoroughly enjoy stoicism. Christian morality is not the same thing.

>Christianity was invented by Roman slaves
Once again I forgot how retarded internet atheists were before I tried to engage one

I wear the templar flag because templars were heretics as I am.

Now now, you're saying that sex outside of marriage is a sin and I want evidence.

How unlikely is it that on Jupiter are pink unicorns living ? Is the chance 50/50 too ?

I'm not an atheist lmao.

>they're subject to thousands of laws and other intellectual constructs and they claim freedom

Free people are free, they don't have your shackles.

>it's sin!

Prove it.