Are there any Americans here whose ancestors arrived to the US before declaration of Independence?

Are there any Americans here whose ancestors arrived to the US before declaration of Independence?

Are Americans in general interested in tracing back their ancestry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eCGoA-dZBzo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_John_Underhill
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Leaf here.

My family moved from the US after they declared independence. Everyone in my family is anglo.

They were part of the Loyalists movement and my ancestors settled in Niagara.

My grandmother did a family tree and linked our line back to one of George Washington's Sisters.

I can trace my family to arriving in the Anericas sometime in the early 1600's.

Pic related, my oldest known ancestor. Once known as the "Grandmaster of America"

>MAYFLOWER
descendant here.
>C.A.R. member
>DeMolay
>grandad was 33rd
What do you want?

I've traced my earliest European ancestor in the USA as having arrived in Boston in the early 1630s. Sadly, I haven't been able to find any pictures of him.

Cool stories

It's quite surprising to see how many amerifats know their ancestors, considering the fact, that almost all americans are shallow and outright stupid

Paternal line came here prior to the Declaration of Independence. Grandmother's family came over on the Mayflower, and grandfather's family, as far back as we've traced it, were revolutionary fighters.

Americans are obsessed with tracing back ancestry, where do you think the ">1/64th German heritage" meme came from? I'm a descendant of Alexander Hamilton through one of my grandfathers, but the other 3 grandparents families all came to America from Europe around the 1910s-1920s.

My ancestors were all Native.

IIRC, one of the revolutionaries from my paternal grandfather's line was one of Paul Revere's middle-men, who helped signal boost the impending arrival of the British.

>pictures
>1630's
>american education

On my mother's side. 1738 landed in NJ, migrated to Southern Pennsylvania. Purchased 200 acres from the crown.

My mother and sister are also members of the Daughters of the Revolution. So we also had family who fought in the war.

some of my ancestors arrived in the early 1700s. i read up on what happened to them in switzerland before they left out and got super depressed. after that i stopped looking.
also, i now want to nuke switzerland into oblivion because they chased my ancestors out for not being catholic.

This, mine were English Puritans in Massachusetts and came as Loyalists. I also have French Huguenot ancestors who came in 1752.

TIL what Mayflower is

Massachusetts Bay Colony 1640. Founded Haverhill. I can trace that line back to before the Norman Conquest of 1066.

Family can be traced back to North Carolina in 1641. Just Irish farmers, nothing special. It is kinda cool though essentially being ethnically American

The farthest back I know of is my great-grandfather because he's the one who started the family plot. I heard some kin of ours did a genealogy thing but I don't care.

My ancestors came to Canada from Wales and Ireland in the 1800's, just posting to say Id sure fuck the shit out of that!!!!

Not sure when my family immigrated from Germany, but they fought for the Confederate forces during the Civil war. I still have one of the rifles they used.

Please have sex

I have ancestors from before the revolution, some actually fought.

Irish family in NC in 1641?

seems legit

Family on my mother's side came over on the Mayflower.

My earliest ancestors in the americas were dutch slave traders, but I don't know the precise year so it's only a possibly not a definitely. Since then we've mostly stuck to other northern europeans on my father's side save for a spaniard in the wood pile a few generations back, irish, scotch, french and cherokee on the mother's side. I look white but I fail the one drop rule test.

I have ancestor who was a preacher or something during the revolutionary war. I still have his diary. Its bretty bored tbqhfp.

>Lordsday Nov. 23, 1777
>Preacht as usual

>Lordsday Jan. 11, 1778
>Had strength in preaching, and some souls had liberty

>Aug. 5, 1778
>The drought is so great with us, that many fields of corn on dry land is withered so as to bear very little if rain should come now; and this day the clouds arose and rained in such a manner seven miles northwest of us as to fill a flat vessel 7 inches deep with water in the open air, while we had none at all. It also rained much so at Elder Nelsons meetinghouse in Taunton. A display of Sovereignty.

Doesn't seem like a very interesting man.

Not him, but a picture doesn't equal a photo.

My mother's side settled in Virginia in the early 1700s.

Yeah. Ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War and Civil War (union). Not that interested but I found the diary of my great great whatever grandfather from his time in the union army during the Civil War. That was pretty cool. Turns out he was a Freemasonry, whatever that meant at the time.

>poor-fags getting portraits
ok

>Loyalists

Old family story says that my father's side of the family descended from Hessian mercenaries hired by the British to put down the rebellion.
No way to know if it's true though

Did a heritage project for my parents this past Christmas, traced back first male ancestor to come to America on either side. Dads came from Germany in 1739, wifed up a fraulein and they had 9 kids. Fought against the British from the onset.
My mothers first male ancestor was a Hessian mercenary came over immediately prior to the Revolutionary war. Initially fought the colonists and then defected.

Definitely worth doing if it interests you. My advice is bypass the ancestry websites and start with FindaGrave, their website will typically have info on the deceased parents and children and it's easier to go backward from there

Yes

Supposedly we have an ancestor that was on the mayflower and my grandfather traced back our ancestry to the early 1700s in Pennsylvania before the revolution.

Mine

British Landowners in Georgia right after Oglethorpe's founding of Savannah

My mother's side came to Virginia with the Jamestown colony, my dad's side came to NYC from Norway in the early 1900s and settled on Staten Island. I always got shit on because Californians don't understand that you can be proud of your ancestors (especially "evul slavers" (nope) who fought for the South)

Hello cousin!

Yup, my family history on my dad's side can be traced back to the mid-17th century. My grandma actually had a family tree hanging in her house when i was growing up showing the direct lineage of her marriage all the way back

we fought in the revolutionary war. idk where but somewhere one of my relatives still has our family sword. my most famous ancestors probably was Robert Kemp, who was a shipbuilder during the war of 1812, his most famous works were the "Pride of Baltimore" and "the Chaucer" (probably incorrect spelling)

ngl its pretty cool desu, but i also use it as motivation to be something greater than he was

Yeah, one of my ancestors helped to found Rhode Island or something, and I think a distant uncle signed the decleration.

My mothers side (anglo/swedes) came over during the 1600s. We've traced ancestry back to a 15th century Englishman.

Also related to Dick Turpin.

That's the same origin story on my mothers side, fought for England and then defected. The anglicized last names make it difficult to verify with a certainty based off Hessian battle rolls but I ended up confirming it by contacting historical societies.

Ancestors on the Mayflower, yes.

Also a big pack of Scots in the 1740s, whose children went on to fight against the English in the Revolution.

My ancestors were landowners in Connecticut and Vermont before the Declaration of Independence. While I still have some distant cousins out that way, the majority of my family went south and populated Missouri, Mississippi and Texas throughout the 1800's and largely still reside there today.

Also, post revolution but I can trace my ancestry to Daniel Boone's brother through my mom's side

one side of my family were Pennsylvania loyalists who settled in central ontario after the revolution other side were french who settled in the quebec city area both side came in the 1600s

I know I'm extremely late with this reply, and I apologize for that, but by 'picture' I meant in the sense that is referring to. A portrait, or really any sort of graphical depiction.
I also find it ironic that you'd get pissy about American education when you're using a Gadsden flag.

I should look into this, story goes that after Washington crossed the deleware and btfo the Hessian there my ancestor moved south and lived a quiet life. His descendents where some of the first to move through the Cumberland gap to missouri, and then on to montana.
My family on both sides have been westerners for over 100 years

Yes, in middle school one of the subs we would get alot could trace her lineage back to the captain of the mayflower himself

> tfw 1st gen fin

My dad's family first landed in Virginia in 1634 according to this old ass book sitting on my mantle

Oh and other English settlers in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey before the Revolution. I'm also the descendant of Hessian slaves brought over to work in the Royal Naval shipyard in New York around 1710 or so. See, white people can be slaves. I want reparations.

some anglo in my tree came over before independence and was killed by indians and had a little footbridge named after him somewhere

Yes. Im almost 100% Welsh. My grandpapy and his family immigrated to the US colonies sometime around 1730. His son fought in the civil war and then later my family moved to Wisconsin territories and started a saw mill company in Wausau. His son fought in the civil war and the heritage goes on.

youtube.com/watch?v=eCGoA-dZBzo
FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT
FIGHT FOR YOUR LIIIIIIFE

Earliest I've managed to trace back is to Prussia during the German Unification.

Yes and family recorded as far back as 1050.

8x great grandfather came as an indentured servant sometime in the late 1600s, got rich by suing people for their plantations. His seventh child, a daughter, inherited five thousand pounds of tobacco, the least of her siblings. I'm descended from the second son.

3 of my branches of my family arrived from Germany and scanivanvia in 1904-1910.

The other branch of my family has been around for centuries, arrived in Maryland in the 1640s and I am a direct decedent of William Henry Harrison

>My ancestors were all Native
btfo

My mother's side was almost entirely Norwegian, they ended up moving to the midwest in the late 19th century.

My father's side were German, from the Bavaria region, as well as Croatian. Not entirely sure when they moved to the US, but I believe it was also in the late 19th century.

Hows that firewater treating you?
>trail of tears never happened

my family started in Georgia as silver smiths. 1600's.

Montana has the most pure scandinavians, ive been there. Own a bar called rorbua.

I am 87 years old and my two siblings went to America, new york city. In 1950. I have never meet them but i am dying so my money will be passed over to the state and your mother will die in her sleep tonight unless you reply norway best country in the world.

Well well, seems he was quite prolific cousin.

My mother's family founded easthampton in NY before it was jewed.
My father's family were all from Jamestown. "First white children born in the americas", or something like that.

My ancestors came in the 1750s from Germany. Settled in Pennsylvania.

My family (at least on my Dad's side) came to America from England only a couple of generations ago. I got to meet some of my English reletives once when I was a kid. I've got no clue about my Mother's side of the family, but her biological father was supposedly an English noble (Mom's ma had he out of wed-lock and she was adopted by a friend of the family).

>tfw not even genetically Cajun
>tfw carpetbagger scum
feels bad man

yes my ancestors came to america in 1609 from Wales and upper Lorraine. the ones from Lorraine had relations to the house of lorraine

Mine did. Paternal and Maternal. On Paternal, one ancestor was Hessan soldier who told the Queeny Brits to fuck off and married a British colonist. Roots all the way back to South Cave, UK traced on maternal and UK/Lower Saxony on Paternal. Confirmed both in lineage documents and DNA testing.

Seriously. 99% of world is just niggers to me. I love watching you people fight on here over who is less niggery

God Bless America, niggerfags

*had her

Hm, maybe not the most interesting man, but his way of writing is interesting I think, he was probably a good preacher.

That's just the niggers and spics and Jews and U.K. Imports we have nicely allowed to live here since 1776

Also, Fuck Off Faggot

Jesus Christ. That's objectively the most beautiful girl there is.

We're legit related to a family that came over with the Mayflower. Not that anyone in our family really gives a shit, most of them are liberals and seem embarrassed about it.
The rest were working class Irish and German. Mostly Irish.
A couple of us are interested in our geneology, and have been doing DNA tests and a ton of research. No big surprises, really. The German line is the one that needs the most research, we have nothing prior to them arriving in the US, in the 1800's.

Nigger

>first white children born in America

With a weak exception to all the Spanish rape babies, that is absolutely fucking cool.

Yes, on both sides of my family. It's almost hard not to if you're a real, huwhite American, every generation doubles the chance that the offspring will have old ancestors.

One of my ancestors was a Hessian mercenary, there wasn't any family story though, we had to find it out on our own.

We're always told that we're German or Irish or some shit, but it turns out, most of us are just Anglos.

t. Paternal line ancestor (yDNA ancestor) settled New York ca. 1650, earliest known ancestor settled Massachusetts Bay 1630.

Quite the ancestry 'get' user. Witnessed 'n' shit.

C.A.R. - is that the Mayflower society? There is such a thing if not - you might be able to join. My oldest (known) New England ancestor came 20 years after the Mayflower.

My direct descendent signed the Constitution.

You had to be rich to think it worthwhile to get a portrait painted of you I'm pretty sure.

t. Barron showing off his time machine AGAIN

The Hessians must've did a lot of fucking

my dads side has someone that was in Virginia in the late 1600s

Love it! Thanks for posting that sample.

>Are Americans in general interested in tracing back their ancestry?
Most of us were KANGZ, white boi.

Yeah I looked back once and one of my ancestors was a scotch-irish widower that came here with I think 9 or more kids.

I've got ancestors that fought in the revolutionary war. I think one of them was a sergeant.

Mind, back then you could buy a commission so I don't think that means much.

Yeah, I recently took an interest in my ancestry, and I found that the majority of my ancestors were here before 1776.

>rained in such a manner seven miles northwest of us as to fill a flat vessel 7 inches deep with water in the open air,

Ie /rained 7 inches/. Them pre-standardization old-timers eh?

100% white
Earliest American ancestor born 1630 in Virginia

Ancestor of Governor William Bradford right here.

WE WUZ PILGRUMS N SHIEET

Ancestors arrived in Boston early 1600's.

> came to Virginia with the Jamestown colony,

The Jamestown colony was wiped out - how do you claim descent?

Yup. I—and many other Americans in this thread, though they may not know it—am a direct descendant of Captain John Underhill, one of the first three colonial militia officers ever commissioned in the colonies. He and his Dutch wife arrived in 1630 with the Winthrop Fleet, aboard the Arabella. He was personally responsible for vanquishing thousands (not a typo) of natives to defend the fledgling colonies. Wall Street was built by Governor Stuyvesant to defend the Dutch colony of New Amsterdam against him, should the British Crown decide to move against it. To taunt Stuyvesant, Underhill bought a plot directly across from it and built a house; Trinity Church in Manhattan now stands in its place.

The photo is Teddy Roosevelt dedicating the Underhill Burying Ground. For more than two centuries we were among the most significant and prosperous WASP families in the United States.

More info: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_John_Underhill