Nothing good has ever come from Cana-

Nothing good has ever come from Cana-

>Not Marshall McLuhan

that's how i know you're just a memeing pseud

Also: milk in bags.

>Canadian special forces sniper kills an ISIS fighter from TWO MILES away in the longest confirmed kill shot in history

You were saying?

>Canada has no cultu-

jordan is alright

can't believe they never taught us about him in school. Only evil white men was enough I guess...

>Only good thing that ever came out of Canada was a living critique of Canada

Really made me think

I met his grandson. Even have a picture with him.

What the fuck? Gross

Go back to you jumbo size (((diet))) cola fatso

Jordan Peterson's a smart psychologist. Very good at developing methodologies and corresponding analogies for behavioral therapy, but that's where his expertise ends, and he parades around as much more than that. Kind of like NDT, who acts like he knows his shit politically but should just stick to science (and barely that)

He is not a philosopher, he is not a genealogist, and he is extremely susceptible to both "Appeal to Tradition" and "Slippery Slope" arguments in nearly all of his lectures, interviews, and writings.

His interpretations of classic myths and narratives are spoken as if they have inherent truth (they don't, they're one of many interpretations of the meanings of classical story narratives, which is a "post-modernist" idea, so one he enjoys rejecting). He also constantly works ideas to fit his own narrative (kind of like Derrida who he despises so) and makes unsubstantiated anthropological and historical claims, as well as half-baked summarizations of philosophies that he truly does not understand the full context of.

Love hearing him talk though, but he's a Jungian and Nietzschean puppet, and if you actually read any Jung/Nietzsche, you'll realize that Peterson's ideas aren't nearly his own, and that he's a mouthpiece for his own ideology, which is something I've heard him demonize time and time again.

A hypocrite, if you will.

>Not tragically hip
Kys, kys now

You don't deserve him tbqh.

Neither do we. In fact none of the west deserves him.

>Nothing good has ever come from Cana-

He's the establishment biggest secret. I met people who worked in advertising for decades and never heard of him. I unironicallyt think his works are being deliberately obscured from normies because of how big of a redpill they are.

*blows whistle over post*

>He's a Jungian and Nietzschean puppet, and if you actually read any Jung/Nietzsche, you'll realize that Peterson's ideas aren't nearly his own

He's just selling repackaged late 80's/early 90's Jungwave to modern low info, low education millenials who ofcourse think this is some blinding reveleation that has been occulted for centuries.

Pic related.

>Appeal to Tradition
He lays out why this is done and roots it in psychology.
>Slippery Slope
Slippery slopes are not necessarily fallacious if it can be shown that it follows.

I won't agree with all of his conclusions, but while I do agree skepticism should be everpresent when taking in information, I think you're not exactly giving him a fair shake. He's introducing concepts and showing people how to actually draw logical conclusions. The most of the latter that people know are a few fallacies they use like buzzwords when they probably couldn't tell you the two things a proper argument must be.

Found the post-modernist.

>he's a Jungian and Nietzschean puppet, and if you actually read any Jung/Nietzsche, you'll realize that Peterson's ideas aren't nearly his own
how dare he understand that there were smarter men throughout history than himself? a real philosopher would make up some absurd shit for the sake of novelty.

Are you calling me a shill or implying I'm calling him out? Kind of a vague post lmao

Thanks for that. The difference is, he's a very, very intelligent public speaker. Great at debates, and pretty respectable in terms of the way he carries himself. I knew he wasn't bringing anything new to the table as soon as I started reading Jung on my own.

Also, read Jung's wikipedia page. The dude's mother was a batshit crazy schizo and Jung himself claims to have seen "disembodied floating heads"

Also, Jordan Peterson's advocation of Jungian psychoanalytics is hilariously postmodern in nature. The entire "philosophy" behind Jungian psychoanalytics is to be able to decipher the many possible interpretations of "dreams" and then come up with one that fits the narrative of your own life. Isn't that, oh, just almost exactly like creating your own pronouns to fit yourself?

He's a hypocrite. I do enjoy his seminars and videos about self-help, though.

He's a liberal. Fuck him.

*blows ~gym~ whistle more further silencing post's opinion*

Nah, Derrida (the most famous post-modernist, who is mostly responsible for the "destruction" or "deconstruction" of language as we know it) writes almost unintelligibly. He uses lots and lots of words to describe relatively simple concepts, and writes himself in circles constantly.

I consider myself Nietzschean, to be honest, but that doesn't mean some of post-modern philosophy has merit, it's just that retarded SJW latch on to the ideas put forth by someone like Derrida and completely interpret them as "nothing has any real meaning", which is a pretty far-fetched interpretation of not only Derrida, but Postmodernism in general.

>but that doesn't mean some of post-modern philosophy has merit

I unironically consider Baudrillard and Deleuze to be essential redpill reading. Have you seen Beyond The Black Rainbow? I'd love to see Peterson analyze this film since it incorporates both Jung and Deleuze.

Well Rush is known worldwide, where Tragically Hip isn't near as much

I've watched hours and hours of his lectures, interviews, and even read some of his Maps of Meaning book which was a friend lent me. My friend and I have spent a lot of time talking about Peterson's ideas and the Jungian/Nietzschean roots behind his own philosophy. I gave him a fair shake, I realize that he brings a lot of good to the table (helping out all these fucking NEETs is a great cause), but wish people would examine him more critically, which is something he advocates for himself.

I meant to say "that doesn't mean post-modern philosophy has NOTHING to offer", sorry if there was confusion in my intent

I haven't seen Beyond the Black Rainbow, and am not an advocate of the redpill lifestyle.

>am not an advocate of the redpill lifestyle.

I don't mean the PUA woman hating scene, i mean the classical Red Pill as in Matrix one - truth from beyond the veil of manufactured general consensus.

>to decipher the many possible interpretations of "dreams" and then come up with one that fits the narrative of your own life. Isn't that, oh, just almost exactly like creating your own pronouns to fit yourself?
no, it isnt.

Lol that book is gay and garbage compared to Peterson's ideas.

That book is Monkey Brain tier.

Oh shit, there are people that still use that meaning of RedPill? LOOK AT THAT, POSTMODERNISM AT WORK! Lol

I will definitely add Beyond the Black Rainbow to my watchlist. Thanks for the suggestion of Deleuze, too, I haven't read anything about him really.

Checked

the hip are AVERAGE at best.

Matthew Good is a better example of talent

>creating your own narrative via your psyche to fit your conscious life and giving "abstract concepts" such as dreams actual physical control over your life

Yeah, that sounds like some psuedo-intellectual bullshit. A lot like what the SJW's are doing.

keep sucking jung dick m8

Yeah it for sure is garbage for managing to explain the masculine archetypes and their shadow polarities in a conscice and apllicable manner, as opposed to Peterson's three seasons with 3 hour episodes each where he jumps from topic to topic and basically says the same thing over and over like Alan Watts only with less jokes.

At least Watts was enough of a cool dude to warn people in his lectures that he was a philocophical equivalent of a stand-up comic.

if you are too much of a brainlet to analyse your own dreams/even have dreams at all then you are part of the problem.

>literally implying dreams have absolute value and are not one of the biggest mysteries of the modern psyche

top fucking kek. You're part of the herd buddy.

Your dreams can have so many varying interpretations it's un-fucking-real. Just like words. Which is basically Derrida's whole philosophy. If you believe that you can contextualize everything you dream you are a sheep.

lol you cant just say shit that inst true. your damaged brain may not have coherent dreams or thoughts, but actual human beings do. i analyze my dreams every morning after i wake up and its only very rarely that i find two possible interpretations that directly clash with one another. i certainly tend to find multiple interpretations for most of my dreams, but they still tend to meld together to fit a bigger picture.

maybe your subhuman brain just isnt designed for modern thought?

>fash braids

/ourgal/

you are inherently biased to find meaning in your dreams. that does not mean there is actual meaning there. please stop typing.

subhuman? my fucking dog dreams, you stupid fuck. there is nothing inherently enlightening about dreams lmfao. get over yourself and your dream journal.

Why is she wearing wax lips?

it's a candy of a thousand uses

Assimilation doesn't wo-

>muh medium is the message meme man

lol you are fucking moronic. just admit that you dont dream and get over it.

He's amazing.

Imagine those luscious lips clamped on your pusy hnnnnng

I do dream, in fact, last night I dreamt that I was playing football in a mystical jungle filled with sparkles and fairies. My pals I was playing with were a girl who went to a neighboring highschool over 4 years ago and an old friend I see at the bar once in awhile.

Admit that your dreams are no more valuable than those of my dog, and we can be happy :)

Humans always LOVE to think they're special. "Look at muh dreams! Muh dreams! They're telling me things I can't think of on my own! Messages from god!" Newsflash: you're not a snowflake, dipshit.

Yes, McLuhan was the grandfather of modern weaponized memetics. Vastly more important than Peterson.

He is somehow insanely charismatic. Everything he says sounds completely logical and right. I wonder if Germans felt the same way when they listened to Hitler. If Peterson were to become a politician and tried to attain world domination, I totally would support him.

The phone.... And cell phone

Naturalized Canadians don't count. Otherwise Curie would be French and Tesla would be American etc.

it is not for betas like you

Do you think Peterson goes on Sup Forums? I bet some Kekistani autists had to have sent him a link to some threads about him.

He failed, so you're right. Nothing good has come out of canada

>he used the snowflake meme incorrectly
lol good job admitting your wrong without admitting it faggot.

Well at least he took a stand, which is already accomplishing more than most people.