What does Sup Forums think of this man?

What does Sup Forums think of this man?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Lawton_(Georgia)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebenezer_Creek
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im from ohio but he's a disgrace because of what he did to the south

He knew how to win

He's a goddamned hero. We should have rounded up those traitors and shot them in the street like rabid dogs. We had a chance to clear the south for good, replace those cousin fucking illiterates with patriots and freemen. Its a real shame

Overrated meme general, Meade was by far the most based general in the war, sadly he was a Democrat and Lincoln politically destroyed him, like he did all Democrats.

Lincoln's motto was:

> Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer, then destroy them when they least expect it.

He's a fantastic man who did nothing wrong. Nothing.
That the South is still bootyblasted about it to this day shows how badly he kicked their ass.

Pretty sure it's called genocide today.

Satan speaks the truth

looting, pillaging, burning? yes. genocide? no. perfectly appropriate tactic considering how the war was going. as long as the confederacy could keep supplying its troops, they could keep stalling and hope for european support. a lot of the later battles were akin to ww1 trench assaults where the defending side had a massive advantage.

He's a god damn American hero who did what needed to be done

leftypol really needs to fucking leave

he genocided indians after destroying the south. the man did some really despicable shit but maybe it all turned out right in the end. sherman is an interesting case study in do the ends justify the means because any discussion about him must address that question.

He was busy cavorting with Sourther socialites before the war. His wife and family were connected to plantation owners, they even took vacations at Mt. Holly.

A good general,but in the wrong side

He understood how wars of the future were going to be fought.

He burnt villages and killed civvies in order to drain resources from the South.

In WW2 towns and villages were bombed in order to drain resources from the enemy.

There is no difference. War is war.

He did nothing wrong as military man.

He did what he thought he had to to win the war as quickly as possible and was actually in favor of leniency with the South after it was over, I just hate how American lefties have turned him into our version of bomber Harris when Sherman would have been sickened by modern leftists.

First rate ass kicker.
Burnin Sherman is a legend

DEATH TO THE ETERNAL YANKEE

That was from a shitlib butthurt comic. But then you are a fucking frog.

Sometimes The Pain was funny

sherman was notorious for hating politics and journalists. same as people waving rebel flags around the sam houston statue. sam houston said the confederacy was a bad idea and refused to swear allegiance to the confederate government.

Hated the negros and the best tactical General the North had maybe even better than Lee

I think he could use a decent fuckin haircut desu.

Sherman was a stud. The other stud Generals in that war were Nathan Bedford Forrest (from the South, and the first leader of the KKK, btw), Bobby Lee and US Grant who trumped them all with his mastery of entrapping Lee who did large flanking maneuvers about a dozen times all of which were anticipated and countered by Grant. This forced the end.

I read his biography "The White Tecumseh"

my takeaways were this:

Let his men off the leash completely.
knew what it would take to win.

He regretted being asked to do what he had to do. He was a soldier first and foremost. His obligation was to win as swiftly and brutally as possible. He knew he would have to dishearten his enemy. Glory on the field of battle would have only prolonged southern resistance. He took the glory out of it and showed people how bad it could truly be.

There were stories of union soldiers raping and murdering and re-raping a girl while her grandmother watched. Other soldiers found out who did it and murdered them and made an example of them (strung them up with a sign).

Sherman was peerless. He defined total war in the most brutal way possible.

Battle of Vicksburg was brilliant.

We need another Sherman to remind these faggot liberals and sandniggers that they only exist at the behest of a few very capable benevolent dictators.

A reminder that Sherman's troops found this concentration camp -
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Lawton_(Georgia)
Confederates were worse than British in Boer Wars.
Sherman's actions were justified in the end.

nigger lover

Were they justified by Camp Douglas?
Or Sumter, where Confederate prisoners were intentionally starved?
Both sides had POW camps, both sides had appalling death rates and abuse.
Kind of like Germany in WW2.
POW and internment camps are death traps in a long war, malnutrition and disease start chewing up the population.

Hugh Jackmans dad? He was alright I guess.

Knew he couldn't win a straight up war so he starved widows and children instead.
A real faggot of a man.

Sherman was a boss and a patriot. He kicked the asses of those who were the spiritual heirs of the British and the forerunners of the modern left.

He sent a message

lindybeige?

>hating a bunch southern democrats is lefty

kek

Butthurt southerners who got their ass reamed by the North you faggots wanted war we showed you what war was get over it.

Can you recommend some good books for me to read about the Civil War?

A hero. Burn them down again Sherman.

I must ask, how many places in the United States do you think are more redpilled and conservative than the South? And another question, why must you sow discord amongst those with similar goals as you?

Meade was shit and you know it.

Don't really give a shit the confederates where traitors in my book whole lot of them should have been drawn and quartered. You either like America or get the fuck out. The confedeacy deserved to be stomped and stomped hard.

This Republic of Suffering by Drew Gilpin Faust

He actually hated Niggers

The Midwest. The south is a nigger filled shithole because you would rather have a war to keep niggers rather than let Lincoln ship them back to Africa and the Caribbean.

>that time during his march where a bunch of niggers tried to tag along with his troops and he ditched them at a river crossing
lel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebenezer_Creek

He did what needed to be done to smash the southern rebels as quickly as possible instead of letting the war drag on and bleed both sides for even longer.

>or get the fuck out
Wait. I thought part of teh civil war was because the south wanted to leave the union...

I'm a direct descendent of him, he's fucking BASED

es el yuli

By law it's basically illegal for any states to leave the constitution. Also they would have been fine but they decided to attack fort Sumter so they got backhanded back into the Union.

dafuck?

I didn't like the second Wolverine

As in leave the country. Not take a piece of the country like the niggers you are.

As a Southerner, I can say that the guy was a hell of a general, but Northerners who are trying to claim him for "their side."

Yeah, sorry, doesn't work that way, dickhead. The East and West Coasts are now run by communists and (((international bankers))) that are hellbent on on overthrowing the Republic and flooding the country with illegal immigrants that they're using as shook troops in order to accomplish it.

If Sherman were alive today, do you honestly see him fighting for the North. The bulk of the Americans and British who fought in World War II, do you think they'd support the continent being overrun with Muslims and turned into an Islamic caliphate?

Gimme a fucking break.

>literally nothing in the Constitution about leaving the union
>The powers NOT DELEGATED to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, ARE RESERVED TO THE STATES respectively, or to the people.
>implying forcing unwanted foreign troops to leave is a bad thing, especially when you didn't even kill anybody

The South was 100% legally justified in leaving the Union, the only argument against it is if you think ending slavery or preserving the union was so important that it was worth breaking all the rules to force them to stay

He knew how fucked up the civil war was and carried out his duty without deluding himself.

t. Georgian

It's more complicated than that you Puerilistic faggot

Imagine a world where the South never chimped out and Lincoln was able to abolish slavery and then ship every single nigger to Liberia and the Caribbean. Now tell me that that world with a 100% white America is somehow worse than this timeline where the South did chimp out and then after 4 years murdered Lincoln like the nigger lovers they are. Because of the dumbfuck Southerners, we are doomed to be 54% white and going down every year.

Inferior to this man.

1) The North did nothing wrong. They were fighting to keep niggers out of new states. If the South had their way, half the united states would be filled with 50% niggers like their lands were.
2) The real fuck-up is in the aftermath of the civil war. Reconstruction, and ESPECIALLY the amendments passed that sealed the deal with bullshit like equal protection and birthright citizenship that never should have fucking been on the table at all. I honestly don't know how these happened. The original point of contention was that the north - including Lincoln - didn't want niggers around. So why did we give them citizenship and equal rights? Why didn't we send them all packing back to africa?

The Radical Republicans took over after Lincoln died were basically the SJWs of their day.

That's what Lincoln wanted to do had there been no Civil War. Hell he'd have probably done it when it was over but we all know what the Cuckfederates did to him.

LOL muh states rights. Get over yourself faggot we tried that and failed miserably with the articles of confederation. The south was a bunch a butthurt faggot farmers who couldn't be bothered to lift a finger to do anything themselves. Bunch of weak faggots who thought they where hard who got their head blown off by a mini ball.

I want him to do it again.

>btfo traitors
>btfo injuns

seems 10/10 if you ask me

>Sherman comes back to life with a ghost army and goes on a rampage in the South all over again
>millions of nigs die
>no one can do shit about him because he's a ghost and so is his army
>singlehandedly improves US IQ scores, crime rates and demographics in a few months
>flies back to heaven when his job is done
I would sacrifice my left nut for this

>heaven
He wasn't a Christian so he's in hell

put the rebs in their place

He was a man who knew war was hell and that he who doesn't give the slightest fuck is the one who wins wars. This is why dictators today are able to keep their power. They are brutal motherfuckers keeping off other brutal motherfuckers who are just looking for an opportunity to kill them off. I feel like both the left and the right fantasize about war especially civil war since we are so divided in these times but both of those groups are LARPing and do not realize the full misery that war actually entails.

General Sherman knew how to prosecute a war. His armies killed 25,000 troops but his direct approach to war saved the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans who might have had to fight in the war had the war been a long and protracted soft war.

General Sherman is a true American hero. A titan in American history.

Clone him and give him unlimited authority to fix the Middle East/Europe.

Who's the nigger again? The people on the land who want yankees to fuck off or the yankees who wanted to wrongfully take the land for themselves?

Like Grant, honestly kind of a shit general, but they were both ahead of the curve with the whole total war thing so they were effective.

If Lincoln didnt want blacks around then why did start having his army use them as soldiers? Kind of dumb to use them as soldiers of they ultimately weren't going to have any investment in the country they were fighting for.

we should resurrect him and burn Atlanta down again.

One march wasn't enough, we need to finish the job once and for all.

Don't let him play with matches.

then burn the BLUE

The Cuckfederates who wanted more niggers when the Yankees wanted to send them back to Africa.

And the yankees were still ready to kill their fellow countrymen to make them stay. They could have just let them leave on their own. Slavery as an institution would have failed anyway. Face it. They were pushy little bitches that couldn't leave other people alone. Lincoln himself didn't give a fuck about slavery and the average confederate soldier didn't own slaves.

Gee we have a bunch of pissed off darkies who just wanna kill some whiteys why not point them towards the south and say have at them most where killed anyways.

Still knocked seven shades of shit outta the south anyways play stupid games win stupid prizes.

It wasn't feasible which is why Lincoln stopped talking about it. The costs were astronomical and the union couldn't afford it plus once word got out that the Caribbean, Panama, and Liberian colonies were already falling apart and going into chaos blacks were refusing to go. People on Sup Forums need to get over this meme that Lincoln was going to create a racially pure America when he wasn't. At most all Lincoln could've done is shoved them onto black only reservations out west.

This is the best way to see Sherman. Sherman lived in the south a long time and he loved and respected southerners but he couldn't accept anyone who would leave the union. At the same time though it hurt him deeply to have to fight and kill his own former friends. Burning Atlanta and the march to the sea was basically in his own way his act of mercy upon the south. The faster he could demoralize the south and make them surrender the more southerners he saved. If it wasn't for the unionist element of his beliefs he was very southerner in attitude on everything else. He was pro-slavery, owned slaves, hated blacks, and believed southern society was great.