WIND POWER

WIND POWER

Why is the US lagging behind?
These ones outside the coast of the UK are 180 m tall. Future ones will be 250 m tall (Trump tower is 202 m).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_wind_power_in_the_United_States
science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-science/wind-turbine-kill-birds.htm
bostonglobe.com/business/2013/06/27/feds-charge-chinese-firm-with-stealing-technology-mass-company-amsc/CTE66TzhtD19qvEfU35RQN/story.html
windpowermonthly.com/article/1350760/sinovel-claims-court-win-amsc
spectator.co.uk/2017/05/wind-turbines-are-neither-clean-nor-green-and-they-provide-zero-global-energy/#
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just 67 of these will produce enough power for 1 million people!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_of_wind_power_in_the_United_States

we are doing just fine with onshore

What happens if there isn't any wind?

I see them here and there, but I don't think they're particularly useful outside of certain regions of reliable wind or where you need local generation.

You guys go ahead and continue innovating until they make more sense for us. thx

We have quite a bit of them but you gotta think our country verses yours where you guys are compact into the size of maybe California vs the whole United States alot of places down here don't get alot of wind and it would become unreliable down here in Arizona we have a fuck load of solar it just varies

We do..it's just only in Texas since they don't have the regulation issue say California has.

They produce a good amount of virtue signaling but unfortunately not much energy.

we've been wind to cool us for 300 years, now whos behind?

Terrible effect on ecology also, many birds die flying close to these monstrosities.

because our wind passes through mexico and doesn't want to work.
too lazy

Future Trump Tower's will be 300m tall, so you're actually lagging behind.

Kills too many bees

But birds aren't cute and fluffy like cats and dogs so they don't matter

Wind legitimately produces under 1% of our energy

We need nuclear, not wind. People live in land, not just on the coasts. Betz's law and storing energy is a real bitch to cross over too.

I just drove from Sacramento to Worcester and saw a shitload of wind farms. What are you talking about? Oh, you're from Europe. So you're retarded. You poor thing.

We use a lot more than you europoors, give us time.

Where would we get all the rare earth elements for those?

How do they build shit like that in the water?

They use those rapefugee dinghies.

You create wind by calling up a butterfly conservatory on the other side of the world.

or a hurricane?

Sup Forums is an AVIAN BOARD

Hence why the Jews caused all the bees to die off.

We even have them in our city in Boston - pic related is Charlestown.

wind is shit, solar is better.

They are also v cute

Wow, one of them? Does that power the county lock-up (except when it's not windy -- they're prisoners anyway so who cares).

Wind power, and any source of power that isn't humans running in wheels is pointless fucking retardation.

How many birds and bald eagles does it kill per day? How is the energy stored from when production is high and demand is high? Is it reliable?

>lots
>errr
>huh

Solar requires even more rare earth elements
Where the fuck these coming from?

How are REEs mined and processed? What is the environmental cost of this "green tech"

>just

We don't have a lot of space - certainly couldn't put a fucking wind farm there.
I wish I had one tho - it generates $400k/yr of electricity..

God bless these little things. I always wanted a parakeet ringneck but I am scared to not give him the attention he deserves.
In addition to that I have a lot of neighbours

Cats and Power lines kill a thousand times as many birds as windmills do:

science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/green-science/wind-turbine-kill-birds.htm

How often do cats kill large predatory birds?

silver is pretty vital for pv cells
all the big strikes have been found

1. Feral and domestic cats
2. Power lines
3. Windows (residential and commercial)
4. Pesticides
5. Automobiles
6. Lighted communication towers
7. Wind turbines

We need to go bigger. I would love to see 400 meter ones doing their thing.

>Why is the US lagging behind?

Look up Sinovel and AMSC:

bostonglobe.com/business/2013/06/27/feds-charge-chinese-firm-with-stealing-technology-mass-company-amsc/CTE66TzhtD19qvEfU35RQN/story.html

A chinese state run company stole software developed in the US to run turbines, copied it, and was then able to net hundreds of millions in sales. They even sold turbines running the software BACK to the US and it was paid for using stimulus funds.

AMSC tried to sue in China and surprise surprise the Chinese courts ruled in favor of their own:

windpowermonthly.com/article/1350760/sinovel-claims-court-win-amsc

This is why free trade doesn't work. China does not play by international rules and the rest of the world is too chickenshit to do anything about it because they want access to the Chinese domestic market (like that would ever happen).

Posts pic of nearly flightless African Guinea fowl.
So not even greater feline get their claws on large predatory birds
Not arguing other points, just the one about cats

Also tellurium required for the solar cells, lithium for the battery storage
Destructive mining equatable to tar sands even before you factor the toxic processing of the elements

>Just 67 of these will produce enough power for 1 million people
..to charge their phones...maybe.

Death to all birdkind
I love to genocide all species of birds, as a lefty who loves windpower. It has been my secret desire all along to remove bird life forms from the air where they don't belong.

They're like big giant metal phallus's saying how forward thinking and open our pus- I mean societies are.

Wind turbines take an incredible amount of steel to build which takes an incredible amount of coal to make the steel. And they kill millions of birds. if you are brainwashed enough to think THIS is somehow a good idea for conservation you have really been tricked. The whole push for "alternative" in America is by the Big Oil in the Middle East who do not want America to be self sufficient and not buy from them. The "Green" industry is propaganda. Did you really fall for it?

>(((renewable))) energy
>relevant
photovoltaic and thus windmill memes are supplying less than 1 per cent of the global energy demand
spectator.co.uk/2017/05/wind-turbines-are-neither-clean-nor-green-and-they-provide-zero-global-energy/#

Lagging behind what?