Polack about to come into $400,000

Hi Sup Forums,

As suggested in the title I'm about to come into some cash.. How do you guys think I should wisely invest this? Keep in mind I'm more interested in playing it safe than being risky..

Some advice I've gotten so far is take out the longest mortgage possible, and look into Vanguard Index as well...

I was also told that the market is in a pretty high place right now so it probably wouldn't be the smartest time to go into stocks...

The other thing I wanted to know was.. My brother is also going to be getting this same amount, so am I retarded or wouldn't it be the case that we could earn more money if we pooled our cash? Like, I know, say we bought a business that required more startup capital and everything went well it would stand to make sense that this would be more profitable than two smaller businesses? We don't want to do this unless it required minimum input, so would pooling our cash for real-estate/rental type stuff be more equitable than going our seperate ways?

What about gold and silver, or is that just a meme? Maybe one of those gold backed/pinged credit cards? What about bitcoin or bitcoin mining?

Other urls found in this thread:

leboncoin.fr/ventes_immobilieres/1137313004.htm?ca=2_s
leboncoin.fr/ventes_immobilieres/1093844877.htm?ca=2_s
realtyincome.com/about-realty-income/monthly-dividend-commitment/default.aspx
online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3021-peyield.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Paypal me some bb, [email protected], leaf to leaf, bout to get kicked out of my place because the (((landlord))) is packing chinese immigrants in here like sardines. He's breaking so many codes and I'm definitely going to police, but while that happens I'll have no place to stay. Plz send me some cash fellow leaf.

To answer your question though: DO NOT POOL CASH TOGETHER. BAD IDEA. Buy a rental property, pay off using cash (get a 200,000$ house somewhere like kingston) then charge rent for it at 400-500 a month. You'd be undercutting the competition and making fucking bank. Investment would pay off inside a year or two and you'd be set to never work for life.

Also silver is a meme, bitcoin is about to crash (you've missed it's peak, unfortunately). Cryptocurrencies in general are an okay investment, but they're a fickle bitch and every day is a different black swan. Gold is always a good bet. Canada has no fucking gold reserve, my guy, which means if you own gold you already own more gold than the fucking country, as the cuck in office sold all ours to the chinese.

Hi I'm Mike Maloney. Buy silver and gold.

When shit inevitably hits the fan in this country, just having gold alone will be enough to save you from the worst of it - sell it for US currency which is actually WORTH SOMETHING as the CAD is about to hit an all-time-low thanks to massive spending by the government and inflation being driven through the roof as boomers panic to get the most out of their investments before they die.

t. former stock broker who became super religious and vowed never to do that shit again. I'm working my way through school for a degree now, and finding it tough to make ends meet, but I hope that this could help you a little bit.

Hello numbnuts, not satisfied with your answers from last night huh? Starting to get suspicious about ((you))

Wife and I are moving to Biarritz/Bayonne in Basque Coast of France. I'd rather blow my head off than stick around in this frozen shit heap.

I'm pretty set on spending $60,000 on a mortgage there that we pay $1,000 a month on too ...

So I'm thinking we will be working with $250,000 from the original pot.

It's still 1/4mil, feelsgoodman

Buy channel Ten in Australia

>taking financial advice from Sup Forums
you should take it to some Jewish financial advisors and learn how to invest it properly instead of dumping it all into some meme coin and losing everything

> leaf intellectuals

>>>> /biz/

Nope! I mainly wanna know if we can make more by pooling our cash... To be this only makes sense but I know it's not the case in most or all cases

Good choice. Disregard the bit about Gold then. Europe's economy is going strong, especially france and germany. That sounds like a really good idea. Don't invest in stocks still though, like I said right now is a fucking awful time for the market (seriously the downturn we're facing will make the recession look like a joke). Wait till shit's at an all time low when it hits, but only buy $100k or so in stocks - the rest you'll need to survive, unfortunately. Also be wary that mortgages are gonna spike when that happens.

I'm french, jamal. If I could have a Quebecois flag I would.

Do you post this repeatedly or are you for real?

Invest that money into a college degree.

Other thread DATAMINING THREAD?

bitcoins

1. don't go into business with family members

2. buy real estate

For real, I just got the news yesterday and that's why. I promise you won't be seeing these every day. Got some good insights last night so I'm hoping to finetune it.. I'm legit and I don't want to fuck this up or waste the money.

Stay away from real estate unless the purchase is based on something tangible. Don't just buy a house and expect it to increase in value just cuz; however, it is alright to buy a house in an area or town that is about to see an increase in industry or influx in people. Everyone seems to think that houses just naturally go up in value, but they simply don't. There is always a reason for it, even in big cities, and that reason can disappear overnight. Best to know what is is before buying into the market...

Stocks will be good for another decade or so, if that that. However, once all the boomers are retired the markets will slump. Their RRSP's are currently propping up the market, and the younger generations aren't saving anywhere near as much as them. Sheit, most millennials are still paying of their student loans, and saving for the down payment on a house if they can even do that (this is why they allow RRSPs to be used as a down payment so long as you agree to pay it back within 15years. They want to insure that younger generations are paying into their RRSPs and the RRSPs pay into the stock exchange).

I'd suggest getting personally involved in business. No better way to make money than to convince other people to make it for you... Best bet would be to get involved in the back end of senior care. The market will be booming soon. However, you don't want to deal with the liability of direct contact with old people. Some kind of wholesale product for seniors homes, or third party service would be good. I'd have to look further into it to give specifics...

Okay but what about pooling our money to buy real estate.. That was one of my questions. Would we be able to make more money if we spent more money on real estate. Are the profit margins higher with higher value properties is what I'm asking?

>about to get kicked for not paying his rent
>begging for money
>giving advice on what to do with your money
>tells you buy a rental property and to "undercut" the competition on rental prices
>undercutting on apartments

This guy is retarded or a genius. Why a genius? Cause he might be trying to move into your cheap apartments for $400 a month.

> get a $200k house
> charge 500 a month for it
> investment will pay off in a year or two

mlg math

Kek

Alright, you're good to focus on getting out of debt and establishing whatever you think you need with the wife.

Beyond that, I would say make sure you have 3mo living expenses in the bank. Don't put more than say 5% gold 5% silver as a noob. Leave maybe 20k-80k in a standard market account of some sort.

Spend the rest on things you'll need. Skills, house, guns, food, water, medical supplies, whatever else you might need if you don't have an income stream.

If you have left over, suer, put $100k into physical gold and silver. But your future is your earning capacit and your ability to provide for your family, so that's your future.

>Some advice I've gotten so far is take out the longest mortgage possible, and look into Vanguard Index as well...
Dumb idea, there are plenty of stocks that give over a 10% dividend and have for a long time and are generally safe even during crashes.
Crypto is a meme, the only thing useful for it is its technology and it's pretty much only useful for banks so they can settle funds instantly instead of 3 days. Why would a bank use some crypto that has its price constantly change when the only reason they are using it is for instant settlement when they can just hire some company to make their own coin that only those they trade with have access too.
The crypto "MUH DECENTRALIZATION" is also a meme. The USD can only be manipulated by the Fed and has the world's most powerful government behind it, any of these cryptos can be manipulated by any government or organization in the world with enough money, ie China.
>MUH ANONYMITY
Paypal and banks require personal information to let you use their services, it's pretty much guaranteed crypto will be made illegal since it's anonymous, and rightfully so if things like banks and paypal have to follow the rules
I know people are making money from crypto, and good for them, but it's a stupid idea in the long term, it was probably created by (((them)))

buy multiple rental properties (cheap houses in poorer areas of town). rent them out for monthly income. this will be both your career and your retirement plan. That's assuming you know how to do the basic handyman work to take care of a home. It's not worth it if you have to hire someone to fix every leak that comes up.

is your brother pressuring you to pool your money? if so, be wary. if things go wrong you will lose both your money and your relationship with your brother

test to see if my ip is banned before i right a real reply. also, the guy i'm quoting is totally out of his element.

go for it bub

Now, the other question is about your future. I can't give you advice about what if it went well with your brother because you didn't say more.

Family can be good or bad, but it's too often bad when somebody else wants to get in on your fortune. Let it wait and see what happens. If your brother is good, he'll be able to keep it going and then sell you on why your extra might be mutually benefecial.

for the love of god, don't listen to clowns saying you should buy gold or invest in a property. gold just sits there and produces nothing--the whole idea behind it is that if there's some catastrophe, people will panic and put money into gold. like when there's a big terrorist attack, gold prices go up, but then they go back down as people realize the world isn't coming to an end (as if having gold would do you any good in any apocalyptic scenario anyway), and then gold just continues losing slightly to inflation anyway. look at historic graphs of the S&P500 or the DJIA against the spot price of gold--investing in gold is a huge mistake.

same with real estate. you have nowhere near the insider insight to make a speculative play on real estate. if you wanted real estate exposure and had a few hundred thousand, you would buy a REIT, which is a fund of thousands of properties managed by people who know what they're doing, you wouldn't do the riskiest possible thing of buying a single property and managing it yourself.

so what should you do? I'm guessing you're in your twenties or thirties, so use the money for retirement. i'm also assuming you have a job so you can let it grow without touching much of the principal. put like 70% in VTSAX and the other 30% in VBILX. VTSAX is a broad-market index fund, investing in stocks. VBILX is a bond fund. Both are from Vanguard, which has the lowest expense ratios (cost the broker charges) of anyone. You're young enough to put all of it in VTSAX if you want to--stocks generally outperform bonds, but are a bit riskier.

don't keep too much in a checking account or "emergency fund." it takes two fucking days to wire the money from vanguard to your checking account, so don't keep more than a few thousand in your bank because you'd be wasting a lot of money by not investing it. even at a 4% growth rate, your principal doubles in less than 18 years.

I'm assuming a legit brokers would know about these stocks with said dividend? Do you know them? Quick google search will pop them up?

t. vanguard

I have a whole pile of money in there.

I know basic handyman stuff and there's lways YouTube right. Brother is absolutely not pushing for the pooling and was weary when I suggested it based on the fact that our family are shitty when it comes to doing business together.. I was the one who thought of it, just figured we should be able to make more money if we had a bigger chunk of capital to invest somehow.

Buy an apartment or two in good neighbourhoods. Put people in there to pay you rent monthly.
Easy and safe.

If you have $400k and you buy a sensible home for your wife and use it to raise beautiful white children, you will have more than enough excuse to learn how to fix it up.

$400k is not a lot. Use it wisely.

Financial advisor. Research the firm first. They'll probably tell you to become (or use your money) as an Angel Investor, meaning you help "seed" start-up (brand new tiny) companies. Grats and good luck!

I know, $400k is something that could really help but it could also be just enough so that it was really disappointing to blow it

As of right now the only thing we're more or less certain on is doing a 60k down on mortgage for 1k a month .... That's some stability and I don't think that it is at all possible that we could be going wrong with that decision. Nice digs right on the beach

listen to me now.
buy some rural land somewhere in the U.S.
a few acres, as far as possible away from major cities or meth towns.
just live your life in solitude and pretend the world outside doesn't exist, you have a ticket out of this shit, now use it.

For how many years? That doesn't sound too bad, but the more you can put down up front the better unless you're using the tail to speculate.

Keep maybe 100-200k outside of the loan for whatever you might need, wherever you chose to store it.

Bet it all on Mayweather

20 years

Somewhere like this
leboncoin.fr/ventes_immobilieres/1137313004.htm?ca=2_s
or this
leboncoin.fr/ventes_immobilieres/1093844877.htm?ca=2_s

and I expect WW3 to kick off in 10 years so who's jewing who?

Wife is German so I got dat europass

looks a bit luxury mate

If you have a secure job where you think the income stream is something close to what it costs to raise a child and keep your wife happy, then go for it.

But always keep some aside for a rainy day.

Buy a house somewhere you want to live for the rest of your life and raise a family.

Yah, jobs not a problem. We were planning on moving before I got this news so I already looked into all that. This is just a bonus.

We're paying $1,300 a month in Toronto right now so this place is like.. half the price for something twice as good. Also their demographics are like Nazi Germany compared to here

Young is the best time to try something different. I did.

Just hit the escape hatch before blowing the whole $400k.

Invest in property

I should've had this 10 years ago, would've been 20 :( .. I mean kinda glad I didn't get it then but around 25 would've been better IMO. Wife and I paid for wedding despite parents being multi millionaires and we had to save up for 3 years until we were able to take our honeymoon last year... We could've been on easy street the whole time but instead the last 5 years were turbo stressful. Parents were trying to sabotage our marriage and shit too

Only getting the funds now as a result of batshit parents getting divorced at 66yrs old.. I tried to get it a few years back and dad said "Stop looking into this or you'll get nothing" it was because he had spent/enriched himself with $400,000 from the fund. I couldn't pay a lawyer at the time to go after it. Fund was from rich grandpa that more or less built a small city in Northern Ontario

Well shit dude. Take some of the money and run. Don't let a bad family situation ruin things if you have a keeper wife.

>Parents were trying to sabotage our marriage and shit too
how are some parents like this? I would only do this is my kid married a nonwhite or something

I ran from the family a few years ago.. Started having panic attacks and shit from undoing the brainwashing.. My family, parents especially.. Are like from the movies where you see they look all Ivey nicely in public but behind closed doors are monsters. My brother has more or les disowned them too.. I just had some dude show up at my apartment with these papers and a summons to court in September for it. Gotten over the panic stuff as of now , but yah, it sucked.

Like you saw in the images, we just gonna go there and start our new lives in those comfortable surroundings. Should've been able to do it years ago but my parents are legit nuts and controlling.. Was trying to figure out what their deal is with my brother and I figured I think it's something like the Stanford Prison Experiment thing... It's either that or they're legit stupid or evil.

My wife is an angel. She is red piled AF and she says hello to you all

Here are some on the US stock market
OXLC gives 16% dividends per year
CPLP gives a little over 9%
NYMT 12%
CMFN almost 10%
MMLP 12%

post her feet

At this point I'm like emotionally dead from it.. Where I should've been super pissed that they fucked me over so big like this I felt nothing.. And where I should've been super happy because I more or less just won the lottery I felt nothing.

My wife felt the emotion for me I guess, she broke down sobbing cursing at my mother because she has been awful to both of us but especially to her.. She tried to hide my passport when I was going to Germany to propose.. Really never mind tried.. She stole it.. I had to get my dad to call a member of parliament to get it expedited... Then she fucked with my wife.. She took her to buy wedding dress ev, main one.. Even though wife already had two other dresses.. When we had went back to Toronto for her to try it on before wedding they said my mom called them and told them not to alter it.. That's legit how crazy my mom is.. She fucked with a bride like this. When my wife confronted her on it she said "Well, she who controls the purse strings controls the power" I wasn't joking when I said my mom was a meme tier tv villain

Don't do anything with your brother for the time being. He's more than likely dealing with similar emotional pain, and that's what drives family enterprises apart.

Best of luck with your angel user. Treat her right.

Follow me on twatter @jadeaube and if u look through photos I think there's some on there. I was OP for the entire Clanton takedown operation. Was in the Rebel.media video on Sup Forums , lol. I'm kind of a big deal

I'm waiting

whoops just saw this

Don't be a faggot

Only take dividends while you can, should be around 20k annually

Talk with an advisor

Too drunk for more advice

t. mangage 87m in assets

That's the plan. Assuming 300,000 should get me somewhere between 20 and 30 thousand at or around 10%

Put 50% into an exponential tech ETF
the other 50% into Decred (a cryptocurrency that is likely to be the next Bitcoin)

lol
inb4 leaf is back at square 1 in 5 years (probably much less)

Here is the best advice for you
Wait at least 6 months before spending any of it
All you have to do is keep living how you are living, but with the knowledge you have a nice security net if you should need it.

bitcoin until china/russia legalises it, then break out a month after and invest into cheap properties in america in detroit.

Yes, you can't live in them, but you OWN them don't you.

and one day all the niggers will run out of crack.

>longest mortgage possible, and look into Vanguard Index

>when everything is bubbling and we're overdue for the hardest correction in decades

What dumb cunts or Jews told you that?

We were planning the move to Biarritz before this so methinks you're more or less correct. We gonna use a bit of it for the mortgage and the rest I'm gonna put in vanguard index fund

>silver is a meme
>gold is a good bet

Reminder that silver made proportionately greater gains than gold when the last recession hit.

>U.S currency
>worth something

This is a good point. My main goal is to live on the beach in Biarritz so do you have a better way to make this happen. Should I rent and then what do I do with the rest of the cash?

just remember that it will go a lot faster than you think it will
good luck leaf!

I come from an extremely wealthy family so I don't doubt this. I could easily spend the entire sum in an afternoon if I felt so inclined. Thanks for the well wishes, I'm on here trying to see what is my safest bet.

>gold just sits there and produces nothing

Gold's (and silver's) value is due to its scarcity and the inability to produce it as you can with Fiat currency. There are also industrial uses, but those are secondary.

>the whole idea behind it is that if there's some catastrophe, people will panic and put money into gold

That's the idea because it's the truth: in recessions and depressions, gold and silver skyrocket.

>gold prices go up, but then they go back down as people realize the world isn't coming to an end

Wow, the value sises and falls? Like every fuckin thing else, you dumb cunt?

>(as if having gold would do you any good in any apocalyptic scenario anyway)

Cut the Madwalking Deadmax fantasy bullshit, faggot. We're talking about market instability and tens of trillions of dollars in debt and you fuckin know it, pussy.

The stock market as it is right now is a Ponzi scheme fundamentally fucked with by a Central Bank which gives misleading signals to the market. It's an unsustainable clusterfuck and your index fund bullshit and growth rate ideals are based on everything being fine and fuckin dandy forever, which is not what the fuck is going to happen, you myopic busted cunt.

So what do I do with the 400k.. As of right now.. I got 20k debt to pay off.. I could go in a mortgage for 60k down and 1k montth.. So I'm t around 300k left after first year. What do I do with that 300k

i'm this guy:

just wanted to also say that the clown who told you to put the money in a couple high dividend stocks doesn't know what he's talking about. don't do that--investing in just a couple stocks is waaay too risky. look at the stocks he gave--he said how they maintain their dividends even during crashes. the ones i looked up haven't even been around for a crash--the oldest one was like five years old. one of them had gone from $89 per share to like $6 per share in the past few years. all the ones i looked up were companies i've never heard of who have a market cap of well under a billion dollars.

i don't know what motivates these clueless people to dole out financial advice.

buy eth before it's 500$

You can consider investing into REITS. Real Estate Investment Trusts are corporations that buy properties to rent, then divide the profits with the shareholders.

Take a look at a super safe REIT like Realty Income realtyincome.com/about-realty-income/monthly-dividend-commitment/default.aspx you are guaranteed 21cents a share dividend every month, these fuckers have not failed to deliver since 1969. That would make your 400k give you a steady monthly income of 1400$ or so.

As with everything, you can get a much better return on your investment if you are willing to put up with additional risk, that is up to you.

The idea of REITS is always the same, stock is not going to go up like other stocks do, you buy it to get the dividends. Rich people don't like these stocks because dividends are taxed at their highest rate. If you have no other income this works great.

If you're dead set on living on a beach in New Somalyriastan where your wife will be raped senseless in front of you and probably enjoy it on a primal level, I guess you could rent, wait for the housing bubble to pop, buy then, make it something under half of what you have to spend. You sound like you love wasting money on frivolous status whoring shit, but you're married so that figures.

Personally the whole "rent a house from a bank that fucks you in the ass with (((interest))) while you pay property taxes and pay for all repairs and maintenance" thing never jived with me.

I would stay in Leaf Land, get a little patch of rural land with a house, whatever guns and ammo Weedman allows you to have, non-perishable food, medicine, some silver and some gold, in that order.

Wait for the collapse and buy property.

Get with your brother. Find a good real estate agent that knows a good property manager. Buy rental property. Keep an eye on the property manager. Profit.

I would rather blow my fucking head off than spend another second in this frozen shithole, but thanks. Basque coast of France is all white, Jew York Times just did a story about it a month ago and how it's picking up steam

Invest that shit nigga. Also don't tell anyone you have it.

Silver is in the stratosphere right now. So wait for the next lull

>$16 an ounce
>"""stratosphere"""

Let me know when it's over $40.

buy gold and precious metals, to resell
guns, canned food and bottled water, and a bunker

Didn't we have this thread yesterday?

This looks about right.

Real estate, user

don't listen to this gold-bug idiot. if you went to any serious investment forum, they would tell you to stay away from gold. this guy i'm quoting says that the stock market is a giant ponzi scheme. think of what a stupid thing that is to say. all the hundreds of thousands of very smart people whose living is made in financial markets, buying pieces of actual companies like Google and Caterpillar and Alcoa (that's what shares of stocks are--tiny percentages of actual companies, and if you buy enough you can vote in shareholder meetings or take over a whole company) that actually produce things. clowns like him have been since the "ponzi scheme" started over a hundred years ago, and at any point in history, if you invested in gold instead of the stock market, thirty years later you have lost a lot of money than if you'd just invested broadly in the stock market. just listen to how emotionally charged this conspiracy theorist clown is--he talks like a college undergrad, and he probably is.

Actual financial expert here.

Safest bet for now is to put it into an FDIC insured savings/money market account at a bank. You can get 1-2% a year in interest at current rates. You could also use FDIC insured CDs (Certificates of Deposit). You'll have to use at least 2 separate banking institutions to fully insure your 400k. Max FDIC insurance is 250k per bank. So, you could put 200k into bank a and 200k into bank b.

You could also use something like a Vanguard Prime Money Market Fund or one of their safer bond funds they have. While not FDIC insured, they are still conservative investments. You can expect returns in the 1-4% range per year.

Feel free to ask me any more questions.

Buy a farm and grow your own food. Safest investments are land, weapons, and food.

Start a business if you enjoy working

If you haven't done it yet, buy a fucking house, like some real stone stuff not the shitty wooden blocks you north-Americans build.

dont listen to this clown either. if he's an actual "financial expert," he's a terrible one. advocating that someone nowhere near retirement ship all his money into a money market account returning 1-2% instead of the stock market is horrible advice.

and then he goes on to say that you could go with one of vanguard's safer bond funds, but it wouldnt be fdic insured. this shows how clueless he is. the safest vanguard bond funds are 100% US treasury bonds--that's the same US treasury that provides the fdic insurance, so if they default on their bonds, it basically means the apocalypse happened, and they sure as shit arent reimbursing any money market accounts through the fdic.

stock markets are overvalued now.

If you buy at peak, the long-term will not save you.

This is some grade A shitposting right here

So I did some math in the conversion to erupt from the Canadian funds I'll be getting and this is how much Canadian it will cost me to get the ideal setup in Biarritz for the first year

100,000 = down payment on mortgage
20,000 = debts to repay but consolidated
18,000 = mortgage for first year
18,000 = living expenses per year
10,000 = furniture
5,000 = buy car
3,000 = TV & Sound
= 180,000

220,000 = what's left

online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3021-peyield.html

P/E RATIO
DIV YIELD
6/22/2017† Year ago† Estimate^ 6/22/2017† Year ago†
Dow Industrial 20.82 19.19 18.10 2.32 2.56
Dow Transportation 18.57 11.98 16.73 1.37 1.51
Dow Utility 40.53 23.59 20.01 3.21 3.21

Start preparing for survival. Planet X has returned and is currently in our solar system now. A pending passage is near, which will cause a polar shift of the Earth.
NASA should be charged with crimes against humanity for keeping this secret for decades.

Scratch off lottery tickets

Stay away from jews. I have about the same amount of money invested, and I found a white antisemite to invest my money with. Do the same. We all need to be collectively denying jews our money.

Fuck Vanguard, Fuck Edward Jones, Fuck Franklin Mutual, Fuck all of that bullshit. Find a white stockbroker. Pay him a fee. If you're not paying a fee, they're getting your money in other ways.

The leftover would be good for 6yrs worth of mortgage payments and living expenses

>is--he talks like a colleg
nobody is against stocks, just not dollar-dominated stocks, its the dollar that is a ponzi scheme

3 minutes of gogling:

Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, co-investigator in the IRAS project, was interviewed and strongly stated that what IRAS had seen was not “incoming mail” (i.e. the results did not suggest there was an object approaching Earth). On reading this interesting research, I was especially drawn to the paper’s conclusion:

“A number of candidate identifications have been considered including near-solar system, galactic, and extragalactic objects. Further observations at infrared and other wavelengths may provide additional information in support of one of these conjectures, or perhaps these objects will require entirely different interpretations.” – Houck et al, Astrophysical Journal Letters, 278:L63, 1984.
Although these IRAS observations were seeing mysterious objects, at this stage, there was no indication that there was an object (let alone a brown dwarf) powering its way toward us. But the rumours had already begun to flow. When follow-up papers were published in 1985 (Unidentified IRAS sources – Ultrahigh-luminosity galaxies, Houck et al., 1985) and 1987 (The IRAS View of the Extragalactic Sky, Soifer et al., 1987), there was little if any media interest in their findings. According to these publications, most of the IRAS observations in the 1984 paper were distant, ultra-luminous young galaxies and one was a filamentary structure known as “infrared cirrus” floating in intergalactic space. IRAS never observed any astronomical body in the outer reaches of the Solar System.

>IRAS never observed any astronomical body in the outer reaches of the Solar System.