Jordan Bucko Peterson, man

Fresh thread, previous here: New video:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nyw4rTywyY0
JP starts at 18:00

>>if you have a great educator, if you have a great leader, if you have a great thinker, you want to reward them so they can keep thinking and they can keep educating so they can tell you something

No one who's not from the ex-Yu will get probably this, but he really reminded me of Miroljub Petrovic or muftija Zukorlic at some points.

Petrovic is this quasi-religious motivational speaker/ideologue who has the exact same style of talking that Peterson adopted in this video, and the reception among the young people is practically the same, they worship him on this half-ironic and half-sincere level and turn his catchphrases into a meme, "clean your room bucko" would be the equivalent of "POD MAC BATO".

Zukorlic is the Muslim equivalent of Petrovic, and Petrovic admires him for being able to create an entire enclave in Serbia, with his own university, his own highschools/primary schools/entire education system, his stores that sell modest clothes, his book publishing company/bookstore that sells books that support his Islamic idea of morality, and so on.

Sounds a bit like Peterson's "internet university" concept but a bit more developed, doesn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

jungiananalystvt.com/HowdoesJungianAnalysisWork.en.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JxWe6S6ejjE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Asimov
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't understand why he triggers you so much. If you don't like him because he tells you to take responsibility for your life or because he uses too long words for your taste, just don't listen to him. Listen to Zizek, he even likes Derrida and other degenerate postmodernists.

mfw Peterson says: "you can be sure Kathleen Wynne is going to be putting this in HIS policy as rapidly as she can"

go to 1:12:30

pic related, you OP
slide thread

Saged

>Listen to Zizek
I've seen all of his videos except the ones dubbed into German, he's extremely repetitive and honestly not much better than a local "pub philosopher".

It's interesting how Zizek is a Lacanian psychoanalysis cult leader (but this is more in his private life), while Peterson is a Jungian psychoanalysis cult leader (who is trying to spread this to millions of people).

I wonder if people obsessed with Peterson even know what Jungian psychoanalysis is?

jungiananalystvt.com/HowdoesJungianAnalysisWork.en.html

Does it perhaps remind you of a certain "self-authoring" self-help program?

An user asked how my professor argued that God existed by only logic, but I don't remember the whole argument because it was 3 years ago and there was no way to document it.

I think it was something like everything naturally exists with a purpose to live and survive, like even plants have methods of fighting for survival. He said if there was no God, that the entire function of all living things wouldn't naturally try to survive, and that it would require design for all things to function with the same instincts. Obviously his argument was way more elaborate and stronger, I think that was the overall message though.

Also, for anybody looking for an alternative to Peterson for new and interesting ideas, listen to this guy. Very interesting stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=JxWe6S6ejjE

>seen all of Zizek's videos
I rest my case.

That was me. Thank you for trying.

Fite me, brainwashed Tradcuck zombies.

Civicucks deserve to be rammed by a trucks

>Lol go listen to Zizek you postmodernist
>I did, i don't find him interesting
>LOL YOU SEEN ALL OF ZIZEK I REST MY CASE

dude your strawmen are fucking embarrasing at this point, did Peterson inflate your ego so much that you think you're beinmg smart here? This is literally childlike level of discourse. Which makes sense because you have to be pretyy impressionable to take Peterson's mangled version of Jungianism that close to heart. Just post LE CLEN ROOM memes ad nauseam, it will have the same effect.

>not much better than a local "pub philosopher".
The hospoda is not good enough for you?

weird cult of betamales

I told you ironically to watch Zizek because I think he is retarded. If you watched all of his stupid bullshit then there's something wrong with you because that's probably hundreds of hours wasted watching an idiot pseudphilosopher trolling the shit out of you, since he himself knows he is no philosopher.

>le stwawman
>le le le stwawman
>stwawman
Quit calling everything you don't like a strawman. How is what I wrote a strawman argument in any way, you idiot? You learned one cool word and now you're repeating it over and over like a child.

>>I did, i don't find him interesting
He has amusing anecdotes that draw upon the shared ex-Yu experience (basically everyone here from the generation that's lived in communism has seen the movies he's talking about, heard the jokes he's retelling, has been in situations he's talking about, and if they're not very low IQ can make similar analogies to social, political or philosophical concepts) so I see how Western people can find this interesting and exotic.

Ultimately he's just a handwaving postmodernist who supports whatever will get him money.

>I am not a plumber
>yet I am compelled to do plumbing
>cloaca maxima

I reiterate my point that Petereson owes his populatity in no small part to being a unique presenter in an unsonctested field - a professor of a traditionally liberal art publicly aligning himself with the new Right Wing. His colleagues really don't say much about him, and the argument from triggered trannies against him are on the same level as the strawmen posted here by his uneducated cultists.

I think thigs will get really interesting when some Psychiatricts or Psychologist or academic Philosopher will openly enter this scene and will create a competition for Peterson.

I wouldn't even pit him against Zizek to be honest, if i had to field a philosopher to challenge Peterson's extremely naive (or consciously misleading) Tradcon positions, i'd pick the madman John Maus.

>Zizek

Anyone has a picture of his room? I have a feeling it's a mess.

We are visual creatures as the words we use confide. Why do you capitalize the P nouns?

>he even likes Derrida and other degenerate postmodernists.

Why wouldn't that fat marxist piece of shit like Derrida?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Asimov

I honestly don't know. I'm simultaneusly preparing grounders for two articles in Russian i have to write tomorrow, and enjoying a glass of wine, so English grammar rules become hazy.

>I reiterate my point that Petereson owes his populatity in no small part to being a unique presenter in an unsonctested field - a professor of a traditionally liberal art publicly aligning himself with the new Right Wing.

It's not only that. I didn't give a shit about Peterson when he criticized that tranny bill. But his biblical series is great. Even someone like me, who studied theology, leared a thing or two about it. He gets some things wrong but his psychoanalytical angle is greatly appreciated. He doesn't really tell anything new when he interprets the Bible but he certainly validates a lot of stuff through his research.

His fame is not simply because he fills a need for a conservative academic figure in the public eye but also because he understands human nature and tells it as it is.

I didn't say ALL of it. I said "no small part". I really enjoyed his ananylis of the Adam and Eve story. I'd like to point out that even though he rails against postmodernism and poststructuralists, the gestalt of a Jungian analysis of the Bible is in and of itself postmodern in nature. Would he critisize Laing or Deleuze for doing something like this just because people called them poststructuralists (they really weren't though)

>I really really want to be able to dismiss Peterson's philosophy as some new-age self help so I don't have to sort myself out

You know what you have to do

Comfy

Are you by any chance implying that New Age self-help can't be helpful? I have issues with his Tradcon naivete and his mangling of Jung to fit that narrative. I have nothing against his admirable quest to fix millenial, i think that his methodology may be flawed.

Bump

Why does he say "man" so much?

Hippie slang that he affects to seem like the "cool uncle" figure?

Oedipal mother.
>JORDAN CLEAN UP YOUR ROOM
>MAAAAAAaaaan

he's a canadian, yknow?

ITT: intellets

>le canadian psyop man

I hate atheism so much and it is part of my survival instinct to bash their faggot """ideology""" daily. we have to crush postmodernism, marxism, communism and atheism, bros.

> I actually don't understand why someone woudln't instatnly fall in love in Peterson, since i think he is the smartest guys ever because i actually don't read and really don't have an intellectual landscape at all so everything he says is like gospel.
>h-haha better call them stupid

Peterson is a postmodernist.

>implying Peterson's thralls even comprehend what i means beyond "Peterson says its bad so everything i think is bad is postmodernism"

One of these is not like the others, relitard.

There are many educated JBP "followers" who are hoping for exactly that. Hate him if you want to but I feel like he's one of the few people arguing for the level of discourse to be raised. If other intellectuals want to take him on and publicly debate with him that will produce hours of entertaining and enlightening dialogue. I get much more entertainment out of JBP threads than endless "x is not white" threads for example.

In his recent speech to conservatives he stops the crowd from clapping for him when he says something critical of the liberal party, and acknowledges that they have a place in society and have good ideas.

Therefore, no. You're wrong. We understand what he is, but we like him because he is giving a voice to widely held but rarely expressed sentiments and he's challenging the current Marxist/politically correct/SJW paradigm that has a disproportionate influence on political dialogue.

I really don't hate him. I just can't figure out how a man so intelligent can be so naive.

>I think thigs will get really interesting when some Psychiatricts or Psychologist or academic Philosopher will openly enter this scene and will create a competition for Peterson.

I'd love to see that, mainly because academic Philosophers are completely unpersuasive to normal people. It would create one of those dynamics in which the followers of the aforementioned academic's particular ideological cult thinks he wins the debate hands-down, while the general audience thinks Peterson stomped him flat.

In what way is he "naive".

You won't be able to just vote Marxist/politically correct/SJW paradigm away. Being a father figure to less than a million frgoposters isn't going to solve anything. It's an entrenched and emboldened fifth column that is supporetd in the highest echelons of global Elite.

The only solution is the final solution, i'm being 100% serious here. If he's completely sincere about everything he says, he's a genuinely good and moral person that is playing musical chairs on a sinking ship.

I phrased that poorly, I meant that in the colloquial sense that some people will hate him regardless of what he says or does.

I would like you to explain this further, if you could.

>You won't be able to just vote Marxist/politically correct/SJW paradigm away.

True, but that's why Peterson is offering a counter argument and an alternative belief system. He's aiming to simultaneously alert people to the influence of the radical left, and to empower them to be more effective in their lives. This could lead to the left being fought effectively on multiple fronts, not just the political.

>Being a father figure to less than a million frgoposters isn't going to solve anything.

A hundred thousand men who have gotten their lives organized and dedicated themselves to using that new competency to fighting against radical leftist positions are not a force you should underestimate. History has been changed by less.

>It's an entrenched and emboldened fifth column that is supporetd in the highest echelons of global Elite.

You overestimating how much power entrenched elites actually have over society in Anglo-America. There are over 65 million armed white men in the US alone. If just 1% of them were convinced to take some form of direct action the result would irreparably disrupt the ability of a leftist government to control the country. If the "global Elite" lose the US, then they've lost the game. That's why they are having hysterics over Trump's election.

Dominance hierarchies are social constructs. Social(-ish) animals like lobsters construct them and they don't exist if there is only one specimen.

What i'm trying to say is that he appears to consider that simply "raising the bar" of discourse can solve this problem. Remember how Bolsheviks right after the October Revolution had all sorts of weirdos percolating through society emboldened by newfound freedom from Tsarist opression? They were literally proto SJWs: Trotskists, free love advocates, batshit crazy futurists and social engineers that proposed communal living, nudism, all sorts of really outlandish stuff. They were allies to the Bolsheviks initially, but after the Tsarist and Provisional regimes were removed they were continuing to destabilize society with their crazy antics which eventually resulted in NEP.

Well, this problem for sure wasn't solved by "raising the bar".

Brett Steven's book on Nihilism is pretty good too but it's just essays from his site, anus.com

I'm not kidding, it's the American Nihilist Underground Society.

Not the guy you're quoting, but how does he mangle Jung?

whats Sup Forumss beef with this guy? he basically preaches responsibility.
if anyone would be happy with that is Sup Forums i would think..

>NEETs
>responsibility

pick one

He really stretches the reading of the archetypes for the convieniece of his specific narrative. You can see it instantly if you read some Jung or some other Jungians. Did you know that the Hero is actually the Shadow polarity archetype? Hero isn't supposed to return from his quest, Hero DIES on his quest because that was his destination all along as an egotist and a narcissist. Warrior is the proper achetype who completes the mission and returns to boot, but then he would have to admit that Warriors might do things that go beyond cleaning rooms. Things that aren't "heroic" at all. Things that might be called callous and cruel.

Jung has this mode of argumentation where he gets so wrapped up in symbolism that, by the end, you have absolutely no idea on what level he's arguing. Peterson seems to be channelling that. People who argue like this are basically cheating. They know damn well that they wouldn't let anyone else get away with such flights of fancy. But when it comes to them, to their ideas, they want the rules of the game to be suspended, and for everyone to play along with this new game where it's suddenly OK to just posit connections everywhere and advance about 10,000 miles ahead of the empirical evidence.

So how do we rescue our dead fathers from the underworld? How do we resurrect the Logos? By being ruthless warriors and doing what must be done?

By always speaking the truth

Yes.

I think he is intelligent enough to understand what would really need to be done in order to sort things out but he's not the kind of person that is comfortable with supporting that action.

It's not naivety. He knows his approach will not work. I think he's basically given up and continues out of habit and because he just enjoys what he does for its own sake. He argues to 'raise the bar' because he doesn't know what else to do with himself at this point because he knows full well that the damage is done and no amount of discourse will revert things.

I bet if you sat him down in private he would admit this. You can read it on him. He's tired.

neither pleasure nor pain should come in mind when one must do what must be done

Where does Jung make that distinction by the way? I can only find sources equating the Hero archetype with the Warrior.

Take this.

>I think it was something like everything naturally exists with a purpose to live and survive, like even plants have methods of fighting for survival.
Because if they didn't try to live and survive, they wouldn't live and survive and pass on their genes.
>He said if there was no God, that the entire function of all living things wouldn't naturally try to survive, and that it would require design for all things to function with the same instincts.
Trying to actively survive is a beneficial trait for survival, so it is selected for.

Honestly sad a guy like that is a professor. Hope his thinking is better in his actual field of study.

That's from some other guy's book, isn't it? But thanks anyway.

Yes, they were practicing Jungian psychotherapists.

Your opinions of JBP are without value because you, my dear worthless shits, are without value. That's the joke. You're worthless. Get it yet?

>le adhom

Bump for good thread

the popularity is because of archetypes

old stories and old truths rediscovered

>I don't read books
>woooowwwww all these truths rediscovered

Nobody rediscovred shit. Jung's "Seven Sermons" and "The Red Book" were on Sup Forums's Green Pill short reading lists since 2012. You realise that Jungianism isn't some obscure occulted school of knowledge, right?

pussy is not a matter of fact!

Campbell says pretty much the same stuff as Jung, and both got it from the Greek archetypes.

C O P K I L L E R, L E T S K I L L S O M E C O P S T O N I G H T

11: Conclusion

JBP is popular, because he is the archetypal Mentor that tells young people an important story, that they want to hear.

The story is that they are the heroes of their own story, there are challenges to overcome, there is an archetypal path to take and that the meaning of life is to do something bigger than oneself.

These are all the elements of a good hero epic movie, like Star Wars, which makes it extremely entertaining to listen to.

>says the guy posting on Sup Forums
disagree all you want but stop being a faggy little bitch about it

>publicly aligning himself with the new Right Wing
>strawmen posted here by his uneducated cultists

Hes a liberal.

Look up "Intellectual charity" and try again, sweaty.

Could someone here give me some information to help sort me out?

I've recently started studying again to actually have a future. I have an aptitude for technology and think IT may be a good field. A fair number of IT people I've dealt with have no idea what they're doing and there seems to be a lot of potential for upward movement if I put the time in.

I was recommended to start with some certifications like A+, Security+, Network+ and CISA. However, I've also heard that A+ is pretty outdated and a lot of employers don't care about it so it's not so bad to leave it for later.

So I've started studying for my Network+ but I have no idea where this leads me. I spoke to a friend of a friend who does IT and he mentioned they don't hire people who don't have a degree/diploma. While I know this isn't true for everywhere, it does raise some concerns.

Does anyone here have any experience in the IT field? If so, which certifications would you prioritize, what order would you get them in, and what jobs do those certifications qualify me for? I'll work in a Geek Squad at a Best Buy, I just want any entry level position to build on, but I just want some idea what jobs I should be looking for once I get some certifications.

Some Russian proxy believes that Peterson's approach to combatting the rise of the left (progressives, posodernists, Marxists) is too soft and underpowered to actually overthrow the monolithic system that is "jewery" or whatever moniker you'd like to confer to the global elite and their plan at creating a "progressive" world.

If you skim through the thread you'll find references to Jung and Joseph Campbell's theroies. They basically believed that good will always overcome evil, that "love is truly all you need", and victory for truth and progress will be had.

Russian proxy user (I think he's the only legitimate critic here) basically wants day of the rope no holds barred.

I've received some input from other people here before, and I'd like to hear more about it.

This isn't so much a technical question as much as it is a question about finding a job in a specific job sector. Also, I know other people on Sup Forums have sorted themselves out following the same path, so I'd like to hear from them.

Tech is SJW central and they mostly hire pajeets and chinks. It's not going to be a fun field to go into.

I'm always looking for other options that may suit me better. What would you have in mind for a 26 year old poorfag NEET with no job experience?

I could go to school for a few years to get into a field but I just want to get my life on track ASAP.

Deleuze is bit too much for you, lad. You must be churning wiki articles like mad to appear knowledgeable. The question is: why?

Apply for apprenticeships, especially electrician and HVAC. Go around to every HVAC place in your area and tell them you're looking for work. What else are you doing?

From my perspective the problem with the way that Russian proxy is interpreting the warrior archetype is he's taking it way too literally and if I had to guess it's because he believes violence is a valid political doctrine, not because violence as a political doctrine is required to fit the warrior archetype as he seems to be implying.

And as for the arguments that Jordan Peterson's interpretations of symbolism in religious stories are inherently postmodern in nature, you might have had a point if not for the fact that you could feasibly make the same argument about any interpretations of any symbolic text ever. It would be one thing if he was arguing that personal interpretation of empirical data is the most relevant truth but in the realm of religious stories there really isn't any empirical data (that I'm aware of).