When is this going to happen fellow bongs?

When is this going to happen fellow bongs?

youtube.com/watch?v=mfHrMnl1uLo

Charles isnt that imposing or eloquent, let alone patriotic

It's a shame that the more likely future is that the monarchy fizzles out - another casualty of globalism.

Never, sadly.

I wish Charles was like that.

Would totally fight for a King, never for a politician.

I hope this happens without Charles and someone more capable.

What does a King of England do, other than despair?

I mean there's in theory with the power to dissolve parliament, approve law (Royal Assent), command the Armed Forces and select PMs but in practice all of those powers are a) given to ministers b) almost nearly ceremonial - like Royal Assent. The last monarch to refuse Royal Assent for law was Queen Anne in 1707.

He'd same the same role and power as the Queen as head of state. I'm not an expert, but they mainly preform a diplomatic role. They do however still retain powers through their 'royal prerogative'.

Some of these, like controlling the armed forces, are now delegated to Parliament. But others, like giving royal assent to statues/bills still exist - in theory, the monarchy could wield considerable power if it wished. But only with the backing of the public of course.

I read his book when I was a kid. It wasn't particularly good. I wonder if he'll write another as king.

I hold a fool's hope that he will.

I, for one, would welcome the restoration of absolute rule by the Crown. It would be better than the bourgeois cuckoldry that democracy provides.

>command the Armed Forces
The army is state controlled for this very reason.

Wait Frank Garrett is still alive?

It shouldn't be.

Agreed.

The Armed Forces swear an oath of allegiance to the monarch. Officers receive their commissions directly from the monarch. When a soldier is discharged, he is customarlly told that the Queen no longer requires his service. Every member of the Armed Forces is well aware that the traitors in parliament sold out our empire, sold out Northern Ireland and sold out to the EU.

The military's first loyalty is and will always be to the Crown because the Crown is the embodiment of this nation. Remember that back in the 1970s when the Army was considering a coup, their plan was to give all power to the Queen after they'd finished liquidating the commies and Catholics.

Lets hope Charles grows some balls then.

>No Dennis Skinner heckle

0/10

I enjoyed watching the Commons pretend the Queen wrote "Her Most Gracious Speech."

The monarchy is literally told what to do and say. It's a farce.

I wouldn't go as far to say its a farce. Every single bit of legislation since the Magna Carta in this country has been centered on a monarchy. Its established the Crown is not a person, its an institution but the institution is essential to the British system of law.

Legal loopholes could lead to a monarch with a backbone assuming some power. The question is if they'd be supported.

>King of Wales

WRONG

The Monarchy is embodied by the Queen. That is why she is above the law, and only follows it voluntarily.

I hope there is a monarch who someday asserts their power. Both temporal and spiritual. (How could the head of the Church of England give assent to homosexual rights with a straight face?)

Shame Elizabeth is too old now. If she had of done this 40 years ago we could have prevented this.

That movie was full of dumb shit like that. The coronation scene was cringe.

I watched the trailer. I agree. I thought it might be decent based off this scene but theres a nigress with a London accent talking to an even weirder Prince Harry than the original and half of the main characters are shitskins.