420,000 Awarded in Colorado to Students in Cannabis-Funded Scholarships

Explain how this is bad. Please. I'll wait.

archive.is/AVngL

Nailor-Lewis was one of 210 students to receive a $2,000 scholarship this year. The $2,000 will be split up into the school year's two semesters.

Pueblo County gave $420,000 from pot taxes for the scholarships. County Commissioner Sal Pace said the number 420 is a coincidence and has nothing to do with the de facto cannabis holiday 4/20 that has marijuana enthusiasts around the world smoking and celebrating the popular green leaf.

County officials said 143 scholarship winners were in attendance Tuesday before a crowd of about 300 people on the steps of the Pueblo County Courthouse.

County officials said 23 students received scholarships in 2016 -- the first year they were available.

Beverly Duran, executive director of the Pueblo Hispanic Education Foundation, said that every student that applied and met the qualifications of graduating from a high school in Pueblo County and planning on attending either Colorado State University-Pueblo or Pueblo Community College received a scholarship.

Nineteen of the 23 students who received scholarships last year were awarded again this year.

Brandon Barber, who will begin his second year at CSU-Pueblo, is studying criminology with a minor in computer science. This is his second such scholarship.

"It will really help with my debt in college. Especially cutting down the loans I have to cut out," Barber said. "It's a really great opportunity."

Drugs Fund Cartels

/thread

>tfw the new agricultural revolution in America is because of pot smoking hippies

>being this dumb

FPBP

This

Explain why something that provides increased public funds is automatically good. Should we legalize public sex as it doesn't hurt others, profits can be made by taxing public sex areas, etc.?

solely because they are illegal.

Fucking Mexicans

Public sex is an eyesore inherently and a nuisance by virtue of it being in public. None of these laws legalize consumption of cannabis in public.

why does something have to be good to be legal? alcohol and cigarettes arent good but we seem to be doing just fine with them being legal.

Not an argument.

>Damn guys. Drugs are legal now. Time to get a 9 to 5 job

I hate mehicans too, but how is homegrown, locally sold marijuana funding cartels, exactly?

Pot is grown legally in-state by licensed growers. It specifically undercuts cartels, who haven't had a weed presence in Colorado for years now due to the medical industry

You think the cartel started out with 10,000 fields?

>You think the cartel started out with 10,000 fields?

No, but how is that relative?

So he gets a free meal plan for a year?Neat. Thanks pot

One plant turns into 10,000 guarded by thugs and gangsters to sell it

what does that have to do with legal markets in the US? you're just being retarded.

>$2000 scholarship
Woo so they can buy like half a semester's meal plan from UCCS

Ok, I understand the nature of Latin cartels pretty well, but how is legally grown US weed - sold to Americans - funding Mexican cartels?

bump