Mfw atheist think nothing is real

>mfw atheist think nothing is real
>thinking consciousness/will can arise from no where and not a source
Take the Theist pill.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100114143310.htm
theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/06/how-consciousness-evolved/485558/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he doesn't belive in omnipresence when he is surrounded constanly by matter/energy
>he has to NERF God to win arguements
fucking thoughtlets. Day of the rock.

>Theist pill
>The weak are at the mercy of the strong
>As though our personal God is the true, all-permeating omnipotence
>God has no God

What even is this Theist pill,

W0K3F4G?

Oy vey how subversive.

God submits to his authority, ergo God has a God

...No...

It's true. You worship nothing as if it were a God.

All your theories are predicated on the existence of this "nothing" being a real place where 'things' sprung.

In reality, God created light, divided the water, and gave us the world with everything in it. Created in His image.

>when thoughtlets are so stunted they cant comprehend that conciousness is not limited to the body
>imply conciousness came from no where "by total chance goy"
ahahahahAHAHAHAHHA

>thinking consciousness/will can arise from no where and not a source

That's the biggest irony with atheists. They call themselves rational thinkers when they can't even explain the existence of rationality without God.

Forgot my image

How about you take the who gives a fuck pill.
Stop trying to rationalize existence, both theists and atheists are guilty of this.
Just exist.

>don't cultivate your soul

who created god though? fuck your ever expanding tautology

Your very post posits the existence of nothing. You only think God has to be created because you believe in nothing.

You probably think consciousness comes from your brain because you're a stunted thoughtlet

>implying consciousness is real and not an illusion
The theist pill is nothing but a blue suppository.

>believes everything is an illusion
>talking to the illusion
someone's off his meds

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS. STEP RIGHT UP!
THIS HERE IS THE
A T H E I S T S L A U G H T E R H O U S E !

>Just exist.

Existentialism is cancer and Heidegger rightfully pointed it out.

consciousness is the ability to determine right from wrong.

an animal knows not to snap the neck of its young when it sucks for milk.

Atheists wish to destroy. Nothing is a false concept. God created the world and saw that it was good. Evil is the opposite of creation; not "nothing", a fallacious, invented concept that cannot and will not be demonstrated as it is not real.

When you believe in nothing, you believe consciousness is merely the brain's self awareness, which leads you to commit evil, rejecting God. Rejecting the infinite.

*tips in*
Excuse me allow my to lay this out simply from one enlightened being to the unevolved.

First. There was a singular *PRRRT* and from that prrt came a larger infinite *BRAAAAAAAAAP*

The science is quite settled you see
*tips you*

>God submits to his authority, ergo God has a God
LOL

Is god a satanist?

Lucifer was his favorite angel.

I, too, have read Charles Darwin's: Origin of the Feces

once again shills send me their scraps

will thoughtlets ever learn?

you already posted this thread

the void is infinite therefore the void is god. do I have to reitterate everything?

there's no void. you can't just rename nothing. you believe in made up stuff.

God is everything infinite. He is tangible. We see evidence everywhere. So much evidence we don't live long enough to conceive it all. Thanks to his grace and forgiveness we can return to him through Christ.

Nothing does not exist. Your void is Harry Potter fanfiction. Creation is the opposite of destruction.

>consciousness is the ability to determine right from wrong.
Incorrect. Consciousness is just being aware of one's surroundings. You are speaking of morality.
Speaking of which, an explanation on where that came from is rather simple. Environmental pressures in nature have made it so the creatures who are best suited for propagation and survival will do so. A creature that snaps the neck of it's own young won't find it's genetic lineage spreading. Ergo these creatures don't propagate while the others do. There are some exceptions to this trend, such as with dolphins murdering their young (though they also murder the young of others AND breed quickly, so that explains why their traits spread so well). The reason this is in humans and most animals is because it best helped us in the evolutionary chain to survive. This is made even more obvious in the case of herd creatures, where all must work together to keep the pack/herd/school/group alive.
Of course this is a simplified version of my argument, but it covers both the basics and enough details to make my point clear.
So, that covers the first half of your argument, and the other half has little to no grounds in reality. So I'd say we're done here. I hope you learn from this and better understand the viewpoint you are trying to undermine and destroy so you may actually make a coherent argument.

>A creature that snaps the neck of it's own young won't find it's genetic lineage spreading. Ergo these creatures don't propagate while the others do
this means at the moment of CREATION they had to be demonstrating this behavior INHERENTLY or they would have all died and there would be nothing.

Morality can only come from consciousness.

I'd say you're done hanging yourself. You may leap.

There is no proof that any religion is true, get over it. I am not saying there is no God but come on guys. Believe if you want I have no problem with pagans and Christians (fuck Muslims) but until you guys get some evidence your not going to be converting any people with half a brain.

>this means at the moment of CREATION they had to be demonstrating this behavior INHERENTLY or they would have all died and there would be nothing.
Incorrect. There are people who, be it from genetic defects or mental illnesses, show such a lack of morality. The same applies to animals, as both are creatures with minds and DNA.
Morality does come with consciousness, but not in the way you think it does. Without consciousness, we wouldn't be able to make decisions. And what is morality without decision? The animals of lower consciousness, such as the Smooth-Brained Koala have shown moral behavior without the ability to make decisions (Caring for it's young, feeding them, etc.)
So no, I haven't hung myself. In fact I still feel as if I had explained myself better than you have, or at the very least gone into more detail.

Also, as an unrelated side note
>Thoughtlet.
It's brainlet.

>your not going to be converting any people
except agnostics becase
>well I guess that can be true

>with half a brain
checks out

>your not going to be converting any people with half a brain.
we should find their other half so they can join reason and intelligent discourse.

>thoughtlet thinks thoughts come from brains
this is why you are a thoughtlet
Of course defects exist because if there is creation there must be destruction of imperfection. Only perfect ones may breed AKA create. Evil is hunted and exterminated.

>implying consciousness/will exists
Humans are just smart animals. Still subject to their instincts more than their thinking.

As far as arguments for god go thats a poor one.

>the absolute state of thoughtlets

>No proof of thoughts being outside of the brain.
>Experiments have show that manipulation of the brain manipulates thoughts.
Sure showed me there.

>Of course defects exist.
This still doesn't disprove my point. Perhaps you don't understand, but when I say genetic or mental defects I say something was damaged, for lack of a better word, in the offspring that wasn't in the parents.
>Only the perfect ones may breed.
False yet again, but once again not for the same reasons you might think.
This time you are wrong because perfection does not exist, for in saying something is perfect you are saying it cannot be improved at all, in any way. In nature this is abundantly clear given how each species either has a fault or could be better, either physically, mentally, or some other way. Since these creatures can, and have been, breeding for many generations, it is safe to say your theory is wrong.

>The absolute state of not an argument.

I've demonstrated 'nothing' is totally false, and every atheist religion is predicated on that fallacy.

I've destroyed atheism. Permanently. It is the argument to end all arguments. Their entire world view is done. Their God is a lie.

>no proof of thoughts being outside the brain
AI can't behave without a body.
Your stomach
A lot of thinking is done in your brain stem, not your brain.

I didn't need 3 examples, but I'm smart, so here we are. I'm sure there are more. I didn't need a single example, honestly. It's self evident.

>I've demonstrated 'nothing' is totally false, and every atheist religion is predicated on that fallacy.
That is itself totally false. You have demonstrated nothing to anyone, merely using insults and poorly constructed reasoning to try and create a half assed pseudo intellectual "argument" against atheism and have failed more than the average fundamentalist.
The other part about every atheist religion being predicated on that fallacy is false simply because there are only one or two atheist religions (vanilla atheism and that shit with feminism), and the latter is focused on nothing being inherently right or wrong, with no objectivity (Itself false, but that's neither here nor there). Furthermore, by saying this you are heavily implying that atheism is totally false.
You haven't destroyed atheism. In addition to not having an argument coherent enough to stand up to moderate scrutiny, you also only spread your word in this small board on this small website, rather than somewhere where more people can listen to you. You haven't elicited enough of a change to dent the ideology, much less destroy it.
You haven't provided the argument to end all arguments, unless you use it to shut down any arguments without actually having any reasoned discussion on your side. Much like how modern feminism will use words such as Islamophobe.
The atheist has no god, so even that is wrong.

In short, you've done nothing. And for someone who calls his opponents thoughtlets, you sure are acting like one.

bacteria
viruses
plants
none have brains, but all driven by will of some kind... according to a plan... generated somehow... given form... thought?

>You have demonstrated nothing
impossible

>can't handle the idea that maybe life is meaningless
>anyone who disagrees is a thoughtlet

try harder, christfag

>you also only spread your word in this small board on this small website
that sounds like a challenge

and that plan is called chemistry
do you really think your cells actively choose to gather oxygen because they know it's good for them ?

of course.

stem cells themselves become exactly what is good for them.

The universe always being there is just as likely as God always being there-
at least we know the universe exists.

Good, we're getting closer

do I need to explain dna and genes ?
you're fucking retarded dude
I hope you're doing this ironically

but check this out: the 'universe' (haha) always being there is proof of the infinite which is God. God is infinite.

This is why atheists construct their religion around the belief in nothing. So they can deny the infinite, because God is unquestionably infinite.

>Implying DNA and RNA would exist without a consciousness in the first place
Otherwise you're still implying it came from nothing. An apple needs a tree. You don't get apples without trees.

you have no basis to your belief that a god exists. is it possible that the universe has always existed? sure. is it possible that a god has always existed and created the universe? sure.
you have no reason to believe the latter other than some guy whose mom lied about being a whore then went out into the desert and realized he was god after suffering from heat stroke

neck yourself

God is infinite. He is self evident. If infinite exists, and it does, then God exists.

Atheists belong to the cult of nothing to conceal this FACT. They believe in a lie.

>creating an assumption
>claiming a statement is true based on said assumption
>have no way to prove assumption is true

kill yourself

It's still chemistry you fucktard and chemistry doesn't choose
You don't even comprehend the scale of complexity a string of dna has, nor the amount of time it took to evolve to the current stage it is and you're talking about fucking apples

This idea is so heavily resisted because there's so much value placed on so called 'finite' resources that are actually infinite.

Materialism is pushed hard by Hollywood to make you put great value on 'things' because one day there might be 'nothing'. It's the liberal atheist version of Hell

Like madonna shills "in a material world" "i am a material girl"

>You don't even comprehend the scale of complexity a string of dna has
>says while rejecting the complexity that is God
>rejecting creators
>rejecting universal consciousness when life achieved its will from something that must has already existed as this could not have come from nothing
>implying this all happened by chance
>implying you have any reason to align yourself with such a nihilistic and preposterous notion that will do nothing but stunt him for the rest of his thoughtlet life

>AI can't behave without a body.
But it cannot think without a brain. This isn't a matter of bodies, but brains.
>Your stomach.
Doesn't think. Those things you hear and feel from it are mostly chemical reactions in your brain. Using the stomach as an example is like saying a fire has thought because it burns and consumes wood.
>A lot of thinking is done in your brain stem, not your brain.
Even were that true, the brain stem is still a part of the brain. Ergo, the brain stem counts as a brain.

>I didn't need 3 examples, but I'm smart.
You sure haven't shown me here. Or anywhere else for that matter.
>Bacteria
I'll admit, it does seem to think, but it's not actually thought. Just responses from receptors on the body. While one could argue that these reactions are thought, it only counts in the most broad of terms for the most simplistic of functions. In short, only in a general sense that, for what you are trying to describe, doesn't count. That would be like saying because a Koala can propagate, it can think. (It actually can't)
Source on the bacteria receptors: sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100114143310.htm
>Viruses.
Same principle as mentioned before.
>Plants.
Again, same principle. There is a difference between being able to react to pain and stimulus (which only requires a nervous system) and thought.
So no, you still haven't proven anything of merit.

The things you have said in this thread show otherwise.
Go ahead, maybe being shown by people who can actually form a coherent argument how and why you are wrong will make you reconsider your entire "thought" process.

not an atheist, but consciousness did evolve and is irreversibly tied to matter (we know this because we can kill a clump of matter in your brain and it directly affects your consciousness)

>only the brain thinks
you're ignoring the will, and what sets life apart from the inanimate. breeding, reproduction.

You are a thoughtlet. A prisoner to your (((brain))).

>being shown by people who can actually form a coherent argument
so not you professional clowns?

>destroying the stage is proof there's no theater.
nice try

...no.

you're thinking in abstracts because it's easier to do and you're still failing to do so
it's easier to being a philosopher than knowing how chemistry and biology work

>implying you have any reason to align yourself with such a nihilistic and preposterous notion that will do nothing but stunt him for the rest of his thoughtlet life
utilitarianism ? I can see that work, but then again you truly seem to believe the bullshit you spew, so something's amiss here

I'm out, your argument is some new age shit ( the power of consciousness uuuuuuh how can this magnet attach itself to this piece of iron it must be by choice ! ) and it's late

>in the beginning there was nothing. no drive, no consciousness, but by chance... I farted.
See how this works? Your chemistry doesn't function without God's command.

The will is a part of the brain, as alterations to the brain and it's function (drugs, damage, removal, etc.) can reduce or even eliminate will.
As for what you said here , it is again incorrect. Destroying the brain has shown to destroy the thought, time and again. By comparing it to a theater and a stage, you are only showing how you know nothing about what you are trying to convey, and therefore shouldn't be taken seriously.
Oh if you think we're professional clowns, then you're in for a rude awakening should you go public with this information. Even worse if you go to an actual professional.

>The will is a part of the brain
WRONG

You should introduce yourself to clown #2 Then you can discuss how chemistry got its will

>if you go to an actual professional.
Tell your boss "BRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPP" for me.

>3 threads
go get a job like a human being you fucking retard
And before you say shit I believe in god too
We talk about you all the time while we're having sex

>god says your gay
is this your end game?

So how did chemesty get its will?
Did it randomly *braaaaap*?

No actually it said YOU'RE gay and should find some pussy before it's too late and you become a wizard instead of a main character
It said you won't find any posting on Sup Forums for what seems like 12 hours
Seriously
Abandoning thread

We don't have to discuss how, we just need to show you it is a part of the brain, how it can be affected by chemicals in the brain (which I did in my previous post) and how it cannot exist outside of the brain (common knowledge; damage the brain you damage the will). In doing so, we show you the errors of your line of thinking.
As for how, it's a mixture of the plasticity of the human brain, the knowledge one has accumulated throughout his or her lifetime (case in point, the uneducated inner city thug), the intelligence of the particular individual (again, inner city thugs) and several other factors that I do not recall at the moment, though that doesn't prove your theory true.

In fact the more you post the way you do, without reasoning, sources, but with insults and pseudo philosophy, you are showing us (the readers and those who are arguing with you) how little sense you're little ramblings actually make.
Short answer: Evolutionary byproduct of intelligence. Along with what I had posted here.

shift change. will I get the A team this time or more bench scrubs?

>We don't have to discuss how
Some professional you are!

stop posting on this shit thread. op doesn't respond to any comments that shut his argument down

sage and move on fags

Sounds like you had a nice chat with satan thoughtlet

>LARPing as the argument winner
forever a thoughtlet

I'm agnostic, I believe in a higher power just don't believe in religion.

>God might be real
>there might be an afterlife
>rather have my existence cease to exist than go to an afterlife.

Is we must arise from this source, why does the source not obey the same rules?

Where does the source come from?

what is this even supposed to mean ?
That analogy doesn't work at all
It's more like mist above a lake - if you vacuum the lake, not gonna have the mist either.

atheism truly is the easiest religion to troll

>mist metaphor
what a nihilist thing to say. are people mist to you?

>We don't have to discuss how
What? Yes we fucking to. HOW does it work? WHERE did it originate and WHY? WHO or WHAT is responsible for it in the first place?
These are. Basic. Fucking. Questions.

You propose the will in these chemicas manifested from nowhere or random when they are energy and infact eternal and infinite. Changing but not destroyed nor created. You are made in his image. God is by deffinition infinite, eternal , ect

>what a nihilist thing to say
why?
>are people mist to you?
no - which part of my post implies this?

Consciousness is tied to matter, if it wasn't, why would changes in matter affect consciousness?

this is true, OP too comfortable thinking snark/memes count as a valid argument or will ever convince anyone

The laws of the universe allow conciousness to arise.
It's obviously true since it happened.

Thinking that out of everything in the universe only humans have a special property that exists out of the bounds of these laws is retarded and is self-delusion in the extreme.

>The image is tied to the mirror, if it wasn't, why would changes in the mirror affect the image?

>conciousness to arise.
from?

I will remind you 'nothing' does not exist. it is the religion of the Atheist and from this day forward is dead as FALSE.

I believe in God.

again with the cryptic analogy! You will have to explain what this means in concrete terms - what is the "mirror" in this case?
And why does the idea of consciousness being tied to matter threaten you so much?
What does it supposedly invalidate that makes you so uncomfortable?

Do you realize there is not an element, particle, etc inside you that is unique and that elements are found within the limitless space?
If you are made up of the energy/matter/ect in the universe, your consciousness is a result of the something that also already existed within it.

Basically, for a thoughtlet like you, if there is a singular conscious, there is evidence if not proof of omnipotence, a greater infinite concious. Much like how if there is one there is infinite.

>he thinks
Reminder that attachment is the root of suffering

>larping as having an argument to begin with
does your mom know you're on the computer?

without tolerating suffering, how are you supposed to engage the world at all?
And what is the point of existence if you are not meant to engage with the world?

Order/chaos must be in balance, same with pleasure/suffering. There can't be love without hate, you won't get a ripped body without breaking some muscle tissue

Wow are these really the arguments you refer to, thoughtlet?
God is by definition infinite, and ect, there is no assumption to this is, this is the literal definitions applied to God, the infinite eternal being. Try harder with your "nerf god" fallacy.

>be a nihilist you shitlords
Wow you got us there!
>i have no proof either way and I will be the most useless alignments
Typical incompetent thoughtlet desperate to be as degenerate as he wants.

>>mfw atheist think nothing is real

On the contrary atheists think reality is real and there is no magic layer of un-reality acting upon it which conveniently can't be measured or observed in any controlled way.

>>thinking consciousness/will can arise from no where and not a source

It didn't even arise from "no where" it came gradually over time, creatures that we evolved from becoming more conscious and self aware over time as higher levels of consciousness lead to better chances of survival.

No one even says that "just came from nowhere" argument. You're attacking arguments no one ever uses because you don't understand the actual arguments being used. Hell the theist thinks there is some consciousness over the universe because it's literal projecting and wishful thinking. Wouldn't it greatly convenient if there was a conscious thing one can communicate with, that controls the whole universe too, and by being on it's good side, you get special benefits?

That's 100% human-making-shit-up-that-directly-benefits-itself at the finest.

OP is probably a trolling atheist as these threads always are.

Uh that's easy. You can think rational thoughts and God doesn't exist. You're doing it right now. I'm doing it right now. Rationality comes from a rational human mind capable of being rational. It's not some mystic force floating around that downloads into your brain.

*that these elements, ect

Your entire theory of consciousness hinges on the fact it needs a body to be present, and not that it was present from the beginning (as all the elements needed are already at its disposal) which is why it is possible for life to separate from inanimate matter in the first place

The reason you become primitive when you gain mortality (separate from God) is because you body can not feasibly hold limitless knowledge and thought.

>it came gradually over time
From where?

>If you are made up of the energy/matter/ect in the universe
My physical BODY (meaning the thing that interacts with other matter) is made up of matter in the universe. But that doesn't mean that the me (meaning everything that is both real and ME) is necessarily material.

Read this article i posted earlier:

"Consciousness" Is a thing that is both immaterial but still very much real. It's just a thing that is TIED to matter in such a way that if you remove matter, you won't have the immaterial thing either. But there are things that are both immaterial and real that are NOT tied to matter.

>Basically, for a thoughtlet like you
You can drop the snark, I'm not being hostile at all and it doesn't do any good

>there is evidence if not proof of omnipotence, a greater infinite concious
Well yes obviously if there are things that exist then that means there was at least 1 event of material coming from non-material (since infinite regress/infinitely passing on the responsibility for creation cannot and does not ever PRODUCE things)