Trump wants to deport Iraqi Christians. A federal judge may have just saved them

vox.com/world/2017/6/14/15800234/iraqi-christians-chaldeans-targeted-ice-deportations-mosul

ICE officials arrested dozens of Iraqi Christian nationals over the weekend of June 10th in Michigan. The ACLU is fighting to keep them here.

When more than 100 Iraqi Chaldean Christians in Michigan were arrested and threatened with immediate deportation the weekend of June 10th, the Trump administration’s oft-repeated promises to protect Christians around the world rang not just darkly hollow but demonstrably false. After all, local activists argued, deporting Christians back to the war zones of Iraq was tantamount to a death sentence.

Last night a federal judge in Detroit agreed. Judge Mark A. Goldsmith issued a two-week stay on all deportations of Iraqi Christians. The ruling comes on the heels of a joint emergency petition filed by the American Civil Liberties Union, CODE Legal Aid, and the Michigan Immigrant Rights Center on behalf of those arrested.

“The court took a life-saving action by blocking our clients from being immediately sent back to Iraq,” Lee Gelernt, deputy director of the ACLU’s Immigrants’ Rights Project, said in a statement. “They should have a chance to show that their lives are in jeopardy if forced to return.”

“Irreparable harm is made out by the significant chance of loss of life and lesser forms of persecution,” wrote Judge Goldsmith, an Obama appointee, in his decision. “Such harm far outweighs any conceivable interest the Government might have in the immediate enforcement of the removal orders.”

Goldsmith’s two week stay on deportations gives the arrested immigrants an opportunity to take their case before an immigration judge. They’’ll argue that they face mortal danger in Iraq.

TRUMPTARDS WILL DEFEND THIS

Other urls found in this thread:

aclumich.org/sites/default/files/Hamama_et_al_Adducci_Decision.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

(((Trump)))*
ftfy

where are all the deus vult faggots now? wasn't based trump chosen by Jesus to save christianity?

If they're true Christians they should be able to stay until it's suitable for them to return to Iraq when it's relatively stable.

good thing i dont live in Michigan

Wow trumptards suddenly go silent when this is brought up. Really makes me think.

sounds like everything is working as intended

~{((VVVOOOXXX))}~

Voted for Trump here.
Devout Catholic. Eucharistic Minister.

They need to go back.

here is it directly from the court tinfoil hat retard

aclumich.org/sites/default/files/Hamama_et_al_Adducci_Decision.pdf

((Catholic))

>wahhhh you should pick and choose who is deported
Fuck off reddit.

I don't understand how they got to the US illegally. It's not like they crossed the Mexican border or even the Mediterranean, they had to have flown there and stayed illegally, right? They knew they were doing the wrong thing.

>Trump administration’s oft-repeated promises to protect Christians around the world rang not just darkly hollow but demonstrably false.
Read the OP trump shill.

they're refugees, literally christian religious minorities threatened by ISIS

So they were brought there? If they're refugees with refugee status they won't be deported. The article said they're there illegally i.e. they snuck in and didn't tell anyone.

You still haven't explained how they got from Iraq to the USA

...so stay forever?

My old coworker, a Chaldean Iraqi catholic voted for Trump. I wonder if he's regretting his decision about now?

I love when DEUS VULT Crusader larpers turn from 14/88 white nationalist into civic nationalist niggerloving cucks. Articles like these are a good way to weed them out. They will defend anyone of any race, color or shitskin behavior so long as they follow their kike religion.

Imagine if it was Congoid Christian niggers, they'd be saying the same thing.

>relatively stable
Maybe you shouldn't be such kikes and we wouldn't even be in this situation.

Shitskins are still shitskins.

Found the atheist.

Visa probably expired.

Firebomb the fucking ACLU already with those faggots inside.

>Judge Mark A. (((Goldsmith)))
Every fucking time.

>100 Iraqi Chaldean Christians in Michigan
>michigan
>christians from iraq
sure

The one people that are genuine refugees, and of course pedo Trump wants them gone and dead.

>trump shills are suddenly ok with trump not fulfilling promises
Woah.

Don't you have some nigger's feet to wash?

So proof Trump isnt islamophobic?

Travel ban stands.

Pretty much. Pol constantly embarrasses themselves over their kike lord.

I'm not a catholic.

Just a christcuck in general.

>sandniggers to be deported
>this is somehow bad

KYS christcucks!

>trump shills will reply to twitter post threads but not genuine articles on trump
So this is the power of paid shills

Why do atheists have sex with animals?

>michigan
>arab Christians
>obama appointed kike judge

Fuck this story

100% of those detained are criminals. the idea that this is of any concern to anyone is astounding.

>crimes that date back to the 90s
>lawyer claims it's just petty crimes
>murder is just a minor offense goyim
>shiite converts

no, really, who cares

Hi Satan, lrn 2 hierarchy of races.

>hehe goyim who cares that trump doesn't fufill promises
>hehe yes goyim make america islamic again

The Iraqi Christians (some) at least have less Arabic admixture than the surrounding orc Arab hordes. Many have more Assyrian admixture, so I see them as different. Point is, we should be getting rid of the other rapeugees first, not them. At least they are actually being persecuted.

>“The court took a life-saving action by blocking our clients from being immediately sent back to Iraq,” Lee Gelernt, deputy director of the ACLU’s Immigrants’ Rights Project, said in a statement. “They should have a chance to show that their lives are in jeopardy if forced to return.”

How are they in danger? The coalition in Iraq is mopping up ISIS in Mosul and ISIS in Raqqa is a week away from being totally encircled unless the US starting bombing Assad's men more. The ISIS capitol is about to face kesselschlacht.

They're still sand niggers

And this is our problem how exactly?

(((131101770)))
>they're arabs
>once muslims who converted to christianity
>ice routine round up of criminal illegals
>accept my good goy converts
nou4u

Oh fuck off. I'm not one of the ones following this cucked Pope.

>Christians need to die goyim
>no wait I'm not following a muslim loving pope

Because we spent billions ensuring the regions destruction.

Either way, we shouldn't be taking in refugees. And if we are going to deport anyone, we should start with the kebabs and Hispanic slime first.

I see that they neglected to mention how many of them were murderers and thieves how odd must have forgotten

>Trump shills currently hoping the thread dies so they don't have to be faced with a moral dilemma
So this is the power of the wall.

LOL true

Sand nigger "Christians" are still mudshits. Kill them all or let other mudshits do it for us.

A Christian nigger is still a nigger. If their faith is true they should be DELIGHTED to die for it and go to Heaven!

If you fear death for serving your God you are a hypocrite. Muslims die happily for their beliefs, but Cuckstians are cowards today.

What moral dilemma? They are all felons who took advantage of our good will and deserve no protection.

We're called to bear our crosses so shouldn't have left their homelands. It's better to die in body under the hands of Saracens than to die in spirit in some degenerate hellhole

Found the jew.

>felons

>hehe yes goyim all Christians should just up and die make america islamic again

So this is the power of the trump supporter. Woah.

>Trump promised to deport illegals
>This group is illegals
>Also have other criminal activity in their history
I'm not seeing the conflict. If they were proper Christians and not just out for the gibs they'd be following the law.

>When more than 100 Iraqi Chaldean Christians in Michigan were arrested and threatened with immediate deportation the weekend of June 10th, the Trump administration’s oft-repeated promises to protect Christians around the world rang not just darkly hollow but demonstrably false.
But are they here illegally?
>ICE officials arrested dozens of Iraqi Christian nationals over the weekend of June 10th in Michigan.
>ICE officials
WELL, SHIT, SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE.