Professor disagrees with Elon Musk’s Mars colonization plans

pulseheadlines.com/professor-disagrees-with-elon-musks-mars-colonization-plans/64560/

>Fiala believes humanity can’t leave Earth before solving the environmental problems here

>That led Fiala to discuss another important aspect of Musk’s colonization plans: the cost. Fiala and many other experts believe that probably only the upper class of society will have the opportunity to visit –or colonize- the Red Planet.

>The professor ultimately believes that Mars colonization may only be a luxury that few people can enjoy

I think rich people will be hesitant to initially colonize Mars. More likely, the ultra-rich are going to begin sponsoring groups of settlers. These lower incomes aliens will pay back their enormous loans with a life of servitude, creating vast wealth for their merchant Earth overlords by exporting rare minerals from the Martian mines.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Fiala believes humanity can’t leave Earth before solving the environmental problems here
So never?

Also, the point about everything Elon Musk is doing is reducing costs.
Sure, first it'll be expensive, but it'll eventually get lower.
What we can't do is sit here doing absolutely nothing, and no, the enviroment can't be fixed because fucking no one has the balls to do what would be necessary.
Oh yeah, you reuse a bunch of plastic bags, I can already feel the CO2 getting snuffed out of the atmosphere.

>mars colonization
how gullible can you be

there will always be problems, why can't we just do cool shit like this?

>leave earth
>blow it up
there, its environmental problems are solved

Fiala can fuck right off then.

why don't we take all the shitskins and push them somewhere else?

What the dude is saying is
>WE CAN'T GO TO OTHER PLANETS AND RUIN THEM
As if there was something to ruin in Mars.

What's next, avoid Venus because we might polute it's 400 degree surface?

i volunteer.
send me

Well, CO2 is plant food and we could actually use more of it. It would severely increase plant yields. And climate models that panic-mongers use are BS. CO2 is jack shit as far a rise in average temperatures go.

I don't see how that would create problems with going to Mars?

I'm not saying Musk will be able to colonize Mars, but I do believe that one day humans will at the very least attempt to colonize other planets. When that happens, I have no doubt that a new type of interplanetary sharecropping system will develop.

There are no environmental problems on Earth.

And of course only the rich will go to Mars. The rich are our best of the best.

Oh, yeah, sure, those Pilgrims would have never left for America, what with the treacherous Atlantic crossing. They had to stay and fix England, didn't they?

Lets not forget the serious financial cost of the whole thing as well!

>wahh we need to feed all the billions of africans first and make sure they all pollute as much as the chinese, without producing anything of value
t. retarded professor

I have more faith in Musk than some random (((professor)))

He thinks we are going to Mars.
He must be ignoring that Mars is a dead fucking rock.

Proof that some professors are retarded cucks.

I got an idea. Send all the black people to Mars. It won't be racist because it won't be whites and asians only (because let's face it, they're the brains of the operation) and the blacks will finally get away from evil whitey. Plus it'll be like Africa 2.0 which is good for them.

>the earth is dying, don't be fooled by all this lush vegetation, oceans, fresh water, breathable atmosphere, abundant resources and food, it might become 1/12th of a degree hotter in a hundred years, so let's all fly away and live on a rusty dead rock!

No wonder millennial shit heads think this guy is so brilliant when he's just one of the biggest welfare queens on the planet.

why can't we ruin other planets anyway
>OH NO WE NEED TO CONSERVE THE GORRILION PLANETS
jesus christ

p much this, how bad can you destroy a planet thats surface is uninhabitable?

How are the 2 even relatable

Ok, but how would earth' environmental problems in any way affect going to mars?
I just don't see the relation.

1) factually incorrect

2) nothing wrong with that

3) nothing wrong with that

He says that we have to evolve "ethically".

It's this kind of white guilt that has led to us importing millions of nigger and arab savages into Europe. I hate these fuckers so much

4) Reddit spacing

>mars colonization begins
>only the rich and their slave workers can go
>the "brave colonist" import all their wealth into mars while being subsidized for their "bravery"
>earthdestroyed.jpg

>we need to keep Venus the way it is! Terraforming it is a crime against the indigenous Venuvian microbes who may or may not exist on it

>HUMANS PLEASE, DO NOT TOUCH MERCURY, WE NEED TO PRESERVE ALL THOSE CRATERS AND THE ALMOST NON-EXISTANT ATMOSPHERE

That's the joke. What we think is Earth is really a terra-formed Mars colony. We are all Martians.

I don't think the Crown is going to pay the bill for me to claim space-clay for England this time around.

>philosophy

>LOOK AT VENUS' BEAUTIFUL LANDSCAPE, WE CAN'T RUIN THIS WITH WATER, A BLUE SKY OR BUILDINGS

Space isn't the future. We were born on earth and we will die on it because total VR immersion will be possible and that is preferable to life

Why are ethics needed to colonize a dead rock?

We need to get off this rock asap before these human issues stop being issues because we are all dead

SPACE ARK WHEN?

And where to?
The nearest star system only has one planet, and it's probably dead.

Computers, cars, cellphones, toilets, medicine, education, etc were also only for the elite once.

The literal Raza Cosmica needs to keep its planets intact and should elect interstellar Lenin to do the job of destroying "late stage capitalism".
>Space Imperialists keep out!
>I identify as a Martian Xytfawh, you bigot!
>We need safe dimensions that shelter us from the interstellar-species patriarchy

Inorder to colonize Planets you need to either make sure they have the proper conditions or have the ability to Terra-form them.

Archives: archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/!!9O2tecpDHQ6/

am I doing it right? =^)

It looks badass

Had a teacher like that, fucking idiots.
>can't discover fire before you have figured out why everybody is dying from diarrhea

>You misogynistic enviromental terrorists should NEVER interact with light bended by black holes, you are literally evaporating them!

the whole first part is garbage that she doesn't actually believes. the only thing she cared about was "Mars colonization may only be a luxury that few people can enjoy"

*space colonies

It's probably the other way around.. learning to terraform, to bring a dead world to life, will teach us how to heal the wounds and repair the damage we've done to our own earth.

However humans cannot realistically live on any other planets long term except Venus (if it could ever be cooled and made livable) because of gravity.

What we need to do is build large orbiting stations creating gravity with centrifugal force and rotation and send sorties and work teams to a planets surface to mine, survey and terraform, and then return after a few weeks/months. Crews could be rotated in this fashion so they never had too much exposure to low gravity.

Another problem with Mars, and many other world as well is regolith. Regolith is sand or soil that's been eroded by cosmic rays into super microscopic grains, sharp and jagged little fuckers that will definitely cause mesothelioma if you breathe in enough of them. That will be a real danger for the future of space exploration.

The truth is we needs useful idiots like Musk.. he has more money than sense, but his heart is in the right place

Except it's a 400º shithole with an atmosphere composed mostly of sulfuric acid and CO2.
That thing that took the pics only lasted 150 minutes before melting.

>HURR DURR LE BUT WHAT IF CLIMATE HOAX IS A HOAX AND WE CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR NOTHING STRAWMAN MEME LOLOLOL STUPID REAL SCIENCE

>Professor disagrees with Elon Musk’s Mars colonization plans
>The professor ultimately believes that Mars colonization may only be a luxury that few people can enjoy

Remember this is one of the 99% out of who cares """scientists"""" that agree with the climate change hoax.

((They)) just don't want space travel they can't control or monitor/subvert.

Once there agents are on-board and in charge, it will be fine to do it.

I know, still cool if you could survive to walk on there with some super suit

Rich people get to try everything first, then an improvement is made and then the product the rich had is massively decreased in price and the rich get the new improvement.

When the microwave first came out, not a lot of people had it, now you can get one super cheapp

Actually, based on the sensor data, what killed it was the pressure, which is like being two kilometers below the ocean.

Sounds like we should let the wondrous brown & black people immigrate there
In fact I insist

We must travel into space to take the resources from other planets to fuel our god given right to colonize the stars

>colonize mars
>no petroleum on mars
>shipping petrol to mars would be retard level
>electric cars take center stage
>Tesla brand gets ultra rich with large market share on mars

Well, he is a professor in philosophy, aka a radical leftist who cares only about muh equality, and doesn't understand ANYTHING about physics

>...like into Camp Yellowstone?

>we shouldnt sail across the ocean because poor people might not be able to afford the trip

Give all your money and women to brown people.

>Mars colonization
>a luxury
What fucking insular and sheltered retard hole did this faggot crawl out of?

Aside from the temperature, it's also the pressure caused by such a dense atmosphere, it's 90 times the pressure in the surface of Earth.
Either you find a way to literally snuff out the atmosphere, or just make a floating city.

AND DO THE OTHER THINGS NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE EASY

It's also the same mass as earth.. if we had the technology to use mass drivers to hurl comets at it for a few hundred years we might be able to cool it and add enough hydrogen to stabilize it's atmosphere. The real problem is it's rotation and lack of a magnetic field, which I suspect may actually be related. If we can get it rotating properly again with such repeated impacts, its magnetic field might be restored.

It is possible to make Venus into a second earth and it's probably more feasible than making Mars into a livable planet, however it would take scifi technology that is probably a thousand years away if it's even possible

>ruin

If nothing lives there, it belongs to humans.

>Fiala and many other experts believe that probably only the upper class of society will have the opportunity to visit –or colonize- the Red Planet.

Typical leftist

>...like shoot him in the head in Dallas?

Fuck you, Terrans RULE!

if we ever invent such devices then how do i know I'm not wearing one right now
that seems far more likely than not wearing one if they are indeed possible to create

To be fair, that issue's solution resulted in all the niggers you have.

Fuck the environment. Use the resources and move on to the next planet. It's not like there's a shortage.

>...like the usa and Australia?

Screw Mars and screw this solar system.

Alpha Centauri or bust.

>giving a shit about what a professor of fucking philosophy thinks
These are literally less relevant people than Gender Studies professors, because they lack both credibility and political influence.

Or we could go slowly and mine asteroids.
16 Psyche asteroid has about $10 quintillion worth of platinum.

>Given their skin-advantage... maybe we can get the nogs to colonise the sun?

He wrote this: "Against Religion, Wars, and States
The Case for Enlightenment Atheism, Just War Pacifism, and Liberal-Democratic Anarchism"

Just another fedora tipping antifa cuck professor trying to hype up his garbage philosophy by attacking the Terraforming of Mars which by far is the coolest thing that is happening in our lifetimes. Only inventing fusion that actually works, or meeting the Ayy Lmaos is cooler than going to another fucking planet and turning it into a new home for mankind

>Move to Mars
>Leave progressives behind
I'd be OK with that.

>Alpha Centauri
>literally just two stars smaller than the sun and only ONE (1) planet orbiting them
What's the point?

It would be better to go out into the unknown depths of space on massive colony ships then just accept dying on this one planet I feel. Even if we tucked up, a part of us would be everlasting, floating in space as a ghost ship.
(unless we crash into a sun obviosly)

Yeah like this but a less gay design.

Nah, that was just rich people busing people across the atlantic like some rich people tried busing inner city kids into white schools

>rich jews fuck off to mars to build space israel
>aryans get a free hand to wipe out the shitskins on earth

This is a good thing

they'd just be colonized by mudshits anyway who'd soon blow the whole thing up so who cares

alpha centauri consists of three stars, the smallest of which has a confirmed planet. There are likely many other planets in the system.

I'd assume the VR would either have us be gods of our own worlds or would put us down great paths. My life is too dull and sad to believe that this is VR I chose for myself

Maybe this.
It's a design for a ship using an Alcubierre warp drive.

>giant space creatures trying to impregnate our sun
we need to build a wall

Great. Moving to a place that's separated by millions of miles from niggers, gypsies and other lower class scum is great motivation to work your ass off.

>mfw instead of a white ethnostate we get a pure white ethnoplanet

>You mean make the platinum supply plentiful thence reducing its price to that of Zinc?

You mean aliens taking energy from our star.

A DYSON WALL

>female professor with foreign name angry she wasted her money on academia and wants to ruin other people's fun

>can't leave until we solve our problems
fucking jewish lies

Mars colony is fucked hard without artificial magentosphere and at least 2.5x the gravity

>master space travel
>still need to leech poor form of energy from a star using direct contact
i dont think so tim

GAS THE MARTIANS, SPACE WAR NOW