Does this piss anyone else off?

this monk is being silenced by his order because of "hate speech"

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiislam.net/wiki/Kalachakra_Tantra
accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/dn/dn.01.0.bodh.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

has there ever been a TIME cover that said Islamic Terror?

Bump from Shaolin

es no bueno. this isn't very new and sliders are sliding hard so no one wants to bitch about islam wind give buddhists some cred. It infuriates me that even this guy , who became a monk at 14, knows the dangers and is being actively shunned by his peers because apparently monks should just lie down and never fight

I agree with this guy but he chooses his words poorly. He paints his position as being the logical peaceful guy but then he compares an entire ideology of over a billion people to a species of ravenous fish. I understand I'm taking the Ben Affleck fallacious approach here but even though this guy is correct he needs to avoid the generalization and focus on the specific reasons Islam is such a plague in Myanmar. Like how radical Muslims have been committing terrorism in Buddhist areas of Myanmar without repercussion for the last 20 years. Also important to stress that Buddhism is peaceful to an extreme and Buddhists allow themselves to be abused, that further paints them as the good guys which will attract sympathy.

Again I agree with this guy but he's presenting his point poorly, the average western normie will hear that African Carp comparison and immediately stop sympathizing with him.

he needs to make his own order.

He doesn't give a fuck about the normies you retard. He is too busy actively preventing the muslim horde from overtaking his homeland and telling it like it is. If you are a faggot obsessed with globalism you deserve to die.

No, get a life. Quit looking online for people like yourself. You are weird and cringy, there are no others like you.

If people don't understand that he's the good guy, then they're already lost.

His analogy is a perfectly apt one. Even if he dumbed it down for the lowest common denominator they'd still all be like "hurr durr #religionofpeace #notallmuslims". Don't you see? They're already lost. They WANT to be conquered, overtaken and killed. That's their mindset.

wait a minute that flag

do you understand where you are posting?

His pacifist lifestyle will get him nowhere, Muslims will always win.

Well, Buddhism specifically forbids such speech, and to live in a Buddhist teple you have to accept their rules. If he wants to breach the tennets of Buddhism he's free to leave the monastery.

exactly my point.

if he begins a radical order whose main focus is resisting islamification, one of the core tenets of his new hybrid ideology being defending those who seek to exist in harmony with nature, he might attract many many followers to support his cause.

eventually when harmony is achieved he would have to be able to put down his creation, but that's a problem for another time.

I am not looking online for people like myself. I'd do gaming shit if I wanted that you autistic retard.This is about the worlds love and defense of one of the worse ideologies that exists today.

>Buddhism specifically forbids such speech

No it doesn't. For all the supposed emphasis on compassion Buddhism can be pretty ruthless.

that's the thing. I think he is trying to not be passive about this and is getting shunned by his peers cus islam a good boy and dindu nuffin

ITT dumb americans supporting anyone with the slightest inkling of evidence he may be "based"

This is why ameriniggers get involved in terrible wars that always back fire

>hurr osama is based hes killing the soviets
>w-what are you doing with those planes osama-san

hes literally a military agent planted by the old junta.

shoo mohammed

you mean they won't kill him for leaving? huh. Really made me think

I'm burmese u nigger

how does this make it any less about Islam being shit?

>burmese dont name their snackbar minibombs mohammed

sure thing bombvest

Correct. I'd like to see Western Christians and Eastern Buddhists unite in a crusade against our common foe someday.

wikiislam.net/wiki/Kalachakra_Tantra

bump
Best analogy I've heard

What's ruthless about Buddhism?
>I undertake to abstain from wrong speech: telling lies, deceiving others, manipulating others, using hurtful words.
>using hurtful words
From the Eight Precepts.

>"Do not kill." (Unintentional killing is considered less offensive)
Literally the first rule of how to live a virtuous life.

and now we can start getting into semantics about what is a hurtful word and we'll see a schism start to form. The truth hurts, this does not make it hurtful words.

Krillin is based.

what about manipulating others?

hes trying to change or influence his watchers on islam. thats manipulation.

all monks are supposed to stay out of political affairs for that reason.

Aw shit, a Swedish Theravadin atheist is here to school us all on true Buddhism, watch out lads.

accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/dn/dn.01.0.bodh.html
> "'Having abandoned the destruction of life, the recluse Gotama abstains from the destruction of life. He has laid aside the rod and the sword, and dwells conscientious, full of kindness, compassionate for the welfare of all living beings.' It is in this way, bhikkhus, that the worldling would speak when speaking in praise of the Tathāgata.

>"Or he might say: 'Having abandoned harsh speech, the recluse Gotama abstains from harsh speech. He speaks only such words as are gentle, pleasing to the ear, endearing, going to the heart, urbane, amiable, and agreeable to many people.'

> "Or he might say: 'Whereas some recluses and brahmins, while living on the food offered by the faithful, engage in frivolous chatter, such as: talk about kings, thieves, and ministers of state; talk about armies, dangers and wars; talk about food, drink, garments, and lodgings; talk about garlands and scents; talk about relatives, vehicles, villages, towns, cities, and countries; talk about women and talk about heroes; street talk and talk by the well; talk about those departed in days gone by; rambling chit-chat; speculations about the world and about the sea; talk about gain and loss — the recluse Gotama abstains from such frivolous chatter.'

>Theravada buddhism
>not true buddhism

aye me.

I'm Shingon and Karma Kagyu. I also still go to church on Sundays. See how much of a fuck I give about your Buddhist equivalent of protestant sola scriptura. Fight me, fagatron.

>having all this hate for a random person online
>thinking I care that you don't care

truly disgusting

Hate? I don't know you, m8. I just don't think people who only identify as Buddhist to make their Christian parents mad should act like authorities on the subject.

Identity politics?

Do you have some kind of link to this story about his order bitching at him?