USA aglomerations question

For example, pic related is Los Angeles.Why isn't all this shit around it like Compton, Long Beach, Santa Ana, Inglewood, Santa Monica, Torrance etc. included in Los Angeles when they clearly belong to the same geographical, cultural and similar unit.Haven't noticed this in Europe anywhere besides London and Paris. Gonna dump other murican examples too now, hope some burger can help me out to understand this shit. Also, why does the subject name have to sound this stupid, when I make it sound decent it tells me I can't post with that subject?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/04/los-angeles-is-88-cities-many-of-them-corrupt/237980/
archive.is/e3u9H
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_divisions_of_the_United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Chicago

Detroit

jew york

bump

god damn it burgers

Grew up in Long Beach/Compton area, I don't exactly understand what you're asking?

el bumperino... probably has something to do with gerrymandering.

on the map in the first post the la area is marked and it appears long beach(can't find compton on the map but i think it's the same) isn't in la, that it's administratively differnet. why is riverside, santa ana and even long beach apparently considered not la?or am i looking at it wrongly somehow and it is. in that case why does it mark it like this on google maps?also, condolences on living so close to nigs.
tnx but i doubt it since i don't really see how anything in any of these areas could vote anyting but blue(especially la)

yep... I think all those districs are democrat. Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Torrance, Huntington Beach is white people more likely to vote republican. I live at the beach in LA and I voted Trump :)

Someone post the image of US mega regions.

Each of those cities or districs are like neighborhoods in a giant town. They manage their own shit in the broader mega regions.

'Merican laws allowed for the creation of municipal governments in unincorporated areas adjacent to large cities as the cities grew they didn't have any legal right to incorporate these smaller municipalities into their fold. which is why you have shit like this in San Antonio.

>when they clearly belong to the same geographical, cultural and similar unit
never been to LA have you

>clearly belong to the same geographical, cultural and similar unit.
what's the reason makes you think this way?

Simple. They escape big city taxes, while replying on the big city for money and jobs

user doesn't understand that balkanization exists on a street to street basis in America.

LA already is Mexico. Unless you live at the beach like Santa Monica, Malibu or Burbank, Pasadena, Huntington Beach or Big Bear which is basically just mostly white people

wouldn't it be easier to just call it all a single city and divide it into quarters, neigbourhoods or something similar?as far as i know that's how it's done in europe?do you even have some kind of sub-city districts or how does it work?
yeah, the random borders also annoy the living shit out of me, kek. whilist like some things in murica, your urban development is incredibly autistic desu. you have a empty space and you make stuff like your picture. what's wrong with just straight, non-curvy streets(at least for blvd's)?
dude, you've seen my flag rite?i'm lucky if i go to a country called mount nigger, not fancy beaches. but pop culture kinda paints it as all a part of a big la aglomeration.
like i said in replying to previous post, they all are basically la suburbs. there are obviously differences, but they are all practically around eachother and there is no natural border. it seems stupid that someone who lives across the street of you lives in a different city?
makes sence somewhat, shouldn't they be annexed to bigger cities in that case?
kek. to be fair this seems to be more prevalent in blue states(the bluer the state, more borders within the aglomeration), so i also figured it could be nigger related.

one of the major factors is water. areas like Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and Burbank have tax revenue streams that allowed them to leave the Los Angeles municipality while still being able to afford utilities. other areas (see the spot up north, San Fernando?) are poor, but has access to a different water source nearby

source: white, non-kike, non-spic Angeleno

theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/04/los-angeles-is-88-cities-many-of-them-corrupt/237980/
archive.is/e3u9H

The author is a left-lolbertarian, but it covers what you're talking about.

well we do have an LA metropolitan area
but it's split up because it's a huge fucking place with nearly 13 million people in it

i like*
interesting. is there for example a public transport line that runs from los angeles to riverside or santa ana or every city has to do with its own public transport?
thanks for the read.
this was basically the question, do they officially have common bondage at least in county/metropolitan area terms?thanks

There are major cities, counties, incorporated cities in counties, and unincorporated county areas.
Jesus, use wikipedia or something.

metro areas are just statistical things
counties are actual governments

Turin has at least 10 small towns around it that are only separated from the main city by a sign.

Same for Milan, Rome and literally any other million+ people city.

You didn't look hard enough.

OP,
spend 10 minutes and read this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_divisions_of_the_United_States

Different ethnicities. Compton and Beverly Hills have VERY different demographics and aren't alike culturally at all. It's part of the reason America has virtually zero social cohesion outside of areas like the Midwest.

the read from atlantic kinda cleared it up. i still don't get how could one fuck up urban planning so badly tho, my city is built on ancient forts and archielogical foundings and it is still better imagined.
read it, but i still can't believe european countries with millenium and more old monuments in middle of cities have done administrative division shit better than a country which just has empty land.
also somewhat makes sence.

the non-LA-city districts are legally distinct from LA-city, but there are often agreements between the city governments for certain public services (fire, police etc.) and there's a lot of cohesion socially

thanks to everyone who provided answers, gotta go sleep now its 2:30 am here. good morning or whatever it is in burgerland to all of you.

goodnight