As a white person, let me explain to you what privilege is in this country...

As a white person, let me explain to you what privilege is in this country. I can pretty much guarantee that at any place I end up working, I will be in the majority race. I can assume if I’m walking down the street, people aren’t going to cross to the other side in fear. I can even bet that if it were my word against someone of a minority, my story would be taken more seriously. Why? Because I’m white. I may be a woman, and I may not be the richest around, and sure that leaves me at a disadvantage in certain societal contexts, but it does not and will never detract from the fact that I am white and I am privileged. Racism is as prevalent as ever in society today – maybe not in obvious laws like the Jim Crow Era or Civil Rights Era, but the subconscious discrimination is absolutely still there. Movements like the alt-right shed a more obvious light on discrimination minorities must face daily.

The concept of reverse racism pops up constantly in the media today, and it essentially argues white people are discriminated against merely because people hold on to the racism of the past. The perception of reverse racism, however, fails to address an incredibly critical aspect of society – white privilege. I am currently taking the Writing Black Experience and Black Lives Writing Seminar at Cornell. In this class I immediately noticed I was one of a few white people, and never before have I been encountered with the realization I am white. Before transferring to Cornell, I participated in a program called Urban Plunge at Fordham University, and prior to our meeting, Professor Silverman sent us readings to complete including Peggy McIntosh’s “White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack.” It is frustrating as a white female to hear my peers, my Sup Forums comrades, and even my family members argue that white people do not have as easy of a life as minorities would like to assume because I recognize I am privileged. I wish you could all just understand.

>As a white person, let me explain to you what privilege
learn your progress stack and understand your opinion doesn't matter

Go hate yourself and your people somewhere else.

Why is this a bad thing? My ancestors worked to give me an advantage, why in God's name would I voluntarily destroy their hard work?

>be OP
>be first world shit tier cultural marxist
>be unable to understand that white people built western civilization
>be ignorant of the fact that the generous charity of the western world keeps half of Africa from cannibalizing itself
>has never and will never hold non whites to the same societal and behavioral standards whites are held to, inevitably perpetuating the soft bigotry of low expectations.

muh oppressed minorities don't know any better
>holds pistol upside-down to execute neighbor*

no one gives 2 fucks about your mentally deficient red ramblings you intellectual midget. KYS before you LARP to hard and get arrested for something you barley even understand and ruin your life kid.

Kill yourself, Liberal scum.
Once the revolution comes I will make sure to inform the vanguard of your petit-bourgeois sectarianism and identity politics.

>As a white person-
Bet you anything you're a fucking jew.

lol

Communism is a shit tier philosophy and political model that only works on people too stupid to learn from history's examples. It never works because it ignores human nature and this is why it will always fail no matter how good it sounds on paper.

What a load of shit. I grew up in a primarily white society and was still made fun of about where i came from and have had people shout stuff at me in the street and people aren't more likely to believe your story because of the colour of your skin it's more likely to happen because of your class which is primarily what white western societies are based on and where the discrimination stems from.

All white men only got the vote about 100 years ago, before then you had to own land to vote. The reason slavery was legal wasn't because white people hated black people it was because they believed black people weren't people, they were things, property, a different class of people, a class of people not entirely human.

Discrimination in Western Societies has little to do with race and plenty to do with class. There was a study done about discrimination and it found that for college educated black people any discrimination they faced became statistically insignificant.

The only functional multicultural job I ever had was in the Infantry and later in the SOF community. That's mostly because we were trained to kill for the US government and then we were subsequently assigned common enemies to destroy. Even then, we stopped seeing each other as unique totally diverse snowflakes, but started uniformly identifying ourselves Marines/Airmen.

I had a friend(white) who used to get work in China just for being a white man and all he had to do was stand there and be white.
Apparently having a white man in a suit with you gives you more credibility for things like major projects, ribbon cuttings, mall openings, etc.
See THAT'S white privilege. Going to a country where you're the minority and getting treated better than the native pop. for no other reason than being white.
That's the example I use to show the nigs how silly there concept of white privilege is,
IT'S NOT PRIVILEGE IF THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION IS RECEIVING IT.
By definition, privilege can only exist for a few

This is from the wikipedia article that you didn't bother to look up:

A privilege is something that not everyone needs, but a right is the opposite. Given this distinction, an insidious dimension of the white-privilege argument emerges. It requires condemning whites for possessing, in the concrete, features of contemporary life that should be available to all, and if this is correct, how can whites be expected to give up such things? Yes, there is the case of the reality of whites being the majority population in all the sites of actual privilege from prestigious universities to golf clubs and boards of directors for most high-powered corporations. But even among whites as a group, how many whites have those opportunities?

TL;DR: If its a privilege its not guarenteed for everyone therefor it should not be expected to be received by everyone. If its a right (which I think is what you're alluding too) than everyone should have it and asking anyone to give it up is Tyrannical.

Agreed

MMmkay, and?
If blacks move to Africa they will be the majority literally anywhere they go. It's not their right to be in the majority in America, nor any other nation. Sorry, sweetie

What SOF?

Were you a door kicker or support role?

>majority race
Who cares

>cross to other side in fear
This happens to any sketchy looking people. It's not white peoples fault black people dress like hoodlums

>story taken more seriously
Citation needed

>women taking social justice classes

Ok this was a bait 1/10 for making me respond

>let me explain to you what privilege is in this country.
privilege is subjective. I don't care about your definition. It's irrelevant to me.

You say racism like it's a bad thing. You're on the wrong board.

TL;DR

You are wrong

This is what white privilege is about

>I can pretty much guarantee that at any place I end up working, I will be in the majority race
That's easy demonstratable as false. Demography of a workplace has to do with socioeconmic factors regarding the place of business and where its located eg; black part of town (that you won't be looking to work in)

>I can assume if I’m walking down the street, people aren’t going to cross to the other side in fear.
This has to do with your behavior and how you present yourself and where you're at. Walk towards a wealthy white woman (like yourself) with sagging pants, dreadlocks, a hoodie and a gangsta lean and see how quickly they cross.

> I can even bet that if it were my word against someone of a minority, my story would be taken more seriously.
That depends on tthe credibilty of your testimony and the evidence you have to back it up. A cop doesn't get to be the judge and jury. There is no such thing as "their word against mine" in the American Justice System. If there is only testimony and no evidence, there is no trial.

>Racism is as prevalent as ever in society today – maybe not in obvious laws like the Jim Crow Era or Civil Rights Era
You just contradicted yourself. "Just because the sky is blue doesn't mean its blue"

>but the subconscious discrimination is absolutely still there
So you're not punishing based on actions. Not even on thoughts. You're punishing based on the presumption behind a thought. A ghost. You've gone beyond a thought crime. Even George Orwell didn't have the balls to think of that.

>Movements like the alt-right
There is no alt-right. You're being prejudice by lumping in millions of individuals with different beliefs intothe same category so you can more easily discriminate against them.

>The concept of reverse racism pops up constantly in the media today
It does not. See, I can be just as anecdotal as you. Anything theory based on anecdotal evidence should be discarded by those who wish to be rational.

I am currently taking the Writing Black Experience and Black Lives Writing Seminar at Cornell. In this class I immediately noticed I was one of a few white people, and never before have I been encountered with the realization I am white
Classic example of white guilt. You feel very uncomfortable around blacks and you feel guilty for that so you're trying to relieve that feeling by acting enlightened.

>I wish you could all just understand.
Many of us understand very well. Better than you it would seem.

What's this mean?

Look at this white privilege.

Damn, looking in the mirror just give you nightmares you white guilt loving faggot

White privilege is an anti white conspiracy theory

< I can assume if I’m walking down the street, people aren’t going to cross to the other side in fear.

If people cross to the other side of the street in fear its because they have good cause to fear

>bourgeois
The cringe...

Do YOU cross the street to avoid minorities? If your answer is no, then you should realize that most white people are like you. If you actually do avoid minorities, you're a fucking racist with waaay more problems than recognizing your privilege.

>I can pretty much guarantee that at any place I end up working, I will be in the majority race.
As you would expect, considering you probably live in a largely white country.

>I can assume if I’m walking down the street, people aren’t going to cross to the other side in fear.
Why would they, whites have a pretty low crimerate when compared to blacks or arabs.

>I can even bet that if it were my word against someone of a minority, my story would be taken more seriously.
People trust their own kind more than foreigners, there's nothing wrong with that.

If I went to China I wouldn't expect them to treat me as if I was chinese, why should this be exected of whites?

protip for your new class: Around blacks-never relax.

One more thing, hunn
TITS
or GTFO

Why is privilege bad?

Seems like my ancestors worked very hard to give me all of these things.