Why isn't recycling mandatory?

Other urls found in this thread:

factsanddetails.com/japan/cat26/sub162/item869.html
madameriri.com/2014/04/26/なぜ日本は世界一ゴミ分別に厳しい国なのか?海/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_Bowl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Thinking the stuff in your recycling bin actually gets recycled

Depends on where you live. Cuck flag so no point even asking

Fuck you statist. You can't make me recycle if I don't want to recycle.

1) Costs extra

2) Impossible to enforce

3) Rarely efficient enough to matter

It is

recycling is mandatory where i live.

recycling cans and electronics i get but paper? i seriously doubt that matters at all

The Japanese prove you absolutely wrong.

Paper matters significantly. The more paper you recycle, the less trees you need to cut down to make the same paper products.

How?

Provide links alongside your response.

i do everything in the same bin.
recycle that!

factsanddetails.com/japan/cat26/sub162/item869.html
Not recycyling is nigger tier. You need to just take a tour at your local solid waste facility and see the shit they have to deal with. Immediately you'll be thinking of "better ways" to deal with it all.
madameriri.com/2014/04/26/なぜ日本は世界一ゴミ分別に厳しい国なのか?海/

We dont even recycle paper here... what are you talking about?

but is cutting down trees a problem? we got a billion worthless trees. the older forest is already gone.

how much energy, time and money is spent converting the old stuff into new stuff? im not sure its worth it when you can just burn paper.

>The amount of general (non-industrial) waste generated in Japan has exceeded 50 million tons a year since 1990. This has increased the emphasis on recycling in Japan, which has one of the highest used paper recycling rates in the world
You're an English teacher that can't follow directions. Shamefur Dispray.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_Bowl
Among other environmental disasters, you don't want to cut down everything. Habitat collapse is a problem.

>how much energy, time and money is spent converting the old stuff into new stuff?
Less energy actually. Recycling aluminum, glass and paper uses less energy than getting the materials from raw materials.

Here, it is

>Why isn't recycling mandatory?

We shouldn't force Germans to swallow the same cum over and over again.

thats the theory at least. but is it even true? i have heard/read conflicting things.

Because there's no economic incentive to consumers to do so. Do you even realize that when you recycle, you provide with resources the corporations, for free?

>thats the theory at least. but is it even true? i have heard/read conflicting things.
From fucking idiot Sup Forumstards and people with an agenda.

Let me put it this way. You are "Company X". You make Aluminum siding. Would you rather refine aluminum from tons and tons of aluminum ore which is a high energy process with lots of toxic chemicals to dispose of OR would you rather make your product from already refined aluminum cans that simply need to be melted down?

It's not a theory. In the future, we're going to be mining our own landfills because they are filled with refined, ready-to-go raw materials. Lithium batteries, gold, aluminum, steel, glass is all just sitting there, buried.

>Greece in charge of economics.
And you still haven't paid your debts.

Where exactly do you disagree with what I've said?

You think more expensive raw materials for the company would somehow make products cheaper for the consumer?

Also, you're in corrupt ass Greece. My recyclables help pay for my solid waste disposal and energy production in my area.

where i am, everyone recycles as much as they can, mostly because our factories are good and do the separating for us

Do you realize that when consumers are required to do labor (recycle) in order to get cheaper products is not the standard transaction practice and can get very counter-productive?

When you buy something you are trading your money for the product. If you must provide labor as well, this goes beyond standard trade practices. It infuriates consumers and rightfully so.

It would be 10x more efficient to hire people to actively process garbage rather than trying to Jew them out by morally guilt-tripping them.

Recycling is a low tier Jewish practice

>It would be 10x more efficient to hire people to actively process garbage rather than trying to Jew them out by morally guilt-tripping them.
>Recycling is a low tier Jewish practice
No it isn't. Greeks are just Jews without money.

Waste disposal is a problem. Half of the responsibility is on the consumer. You're India-tier "Just shit in the street" approach is why your country is such a shithole.

Paper is one of the easier things to recycle, but when it isn't the trees come from farms. No one is cutting virgin forest for paper.

don't touch my trees, statist

>Greek
>talking about economics

i just shove everything in same bag and toss it to mixed garbage

>Waste disposal is a problem goyim
>now be a good goy and do my work for free, because you see the recyclable waste is the problem

americans in charge of reason

>a fucking leaf
>talking about anything