How has your useless college degree helped you out?

How has your useless college degree helped you out?

why do americans overvalue college so much
it's basically kindergarten with beer where everyone passes
your studies don't really start until uni and even then the first year or so is them just checking whether you know basic stuff like calculus that college was supposed to teach you but didn't

Graduated with a degree in gender studies from a top-tier university in 2013. I'm now making in the low-six figures range at a very well-known video game company. I'm the reason why your new video games are so "cucked".

What about engineering and maths?
Nice bait

Pretty great, paid off loans in the first year doing consulting work.

Got a degree in Aviation Maintenance
Started my own business
Became a millionaire in my 30s.

Never worked on an airplane, lol.

What kind of business? How much of a startup cost?

I started printing T-shirts in my garage in college and grew from there. Startup costs were about 5k.

Are you one of these retards on European streets who sells bootleg shirts infringing on so many trademarks like having Bart Simpson smoke weed or something similiar?

I'm an American on vacation.

I did business management and learned a foreign language on the side.

Got the first job I applied for.

Thanks for asking.

so then what kind of shirts are you selling? You can be vague. Are they promotional or some brand you built up?

My associate's in computer science amounts for jack shit.

I can't find a job without a bachelors.

It's sort of infuriating because there's guys with masters who can't code for shit and yet they get more jobs than me simply because of the rubber stamp and muh-college-debt.

Literally all my financial problems would be solved by people not throwing my application out for not having a degree.

Whatever, I'm going back to school tomorrow anyway so fuck it.

>study environmental resource management in college
>work as an IT tech to help pay for school
>can't do internships because I work too much
>graduate
>can't get an entry level jobs in my field because I have no internships or experience
>say "fuck it" and continue with IT
>*two years later*
>65k junior database admin
>work for a different university
>working on second bachelor's degree in computer science for free
>forgot everything I learned from my environmental management degree

Feels goodbad man...

I've sold the business. I started out doing promo stuff for various college groups and events and just grew from there. I networked my way into contract printing for a brand and basically printed a gorillion shirts for them.

my college course is fuckin useless but helps me skim 2 years off my degree after i leave school so who gives a fuck. yes I am doing a college course with along side high school. the course is computing science.

sorry for bad English i just had a massive shit and I'm on the phone.

I want to start a business but I have no idea what I'd do.

>college degree
The bulk of Sup Forums is edgy teens LARPing as nazis

>Fashion Design
not making big bucks yet but i'm sure i can make it internationally since india and bangladesh in near philippines. also our country has some cheap labor.

I have no debts parents are both engineer paid my tuition fee single-handedly (tuition fees are cheap here)

Got a degree in engineering from Georgia Tech. Never use it, but people are always impressed when I tell them where I went to school and I've gotten the respect and attention of people who otherwise would not have batted an eye at me.

If done right, college is a huge asset. For a smart, motivated person in the right field who can hustle their way through without too much debt, college makes sense. Only problem is that most people who go to college are retarded, can't pay for it, or mess around the entire time they are there and end up gaining nothing from it other than 50lbs and six figure debt.

Internship, then work at your field, go borrow some money from your parents, friends (last resort banks) find friends who can co-found your company then try establishing a small company (go bootstrapping). quite easy though