Everyone accepts that Earth naturally alternates between periods of heating and cooling

>everyone accepts that Earth naturally alternates between periods of heating and cooling
>Earth starts to heat up again
>suddenly it's all my fault for driving my car to and from work so I could slave away for Mr. Shekelsteinberggoldowitzsilverman
Defend this.

Other urls found in this thread:

realclimatescience.com/2016/03/noaa-radiosonde-data-shows-no-warming-for-58-years/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-31/geoengineering-to-alter-climate-change-moves-closer-to-reality
wattsupwiththat.com/2016/11/19/uk-researchers-tax-food-to-reduce-climate-change/
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/ancient-climate-change-meant-antarctica-was-once-covered-with-palm-trees-12098835/
mint.ca/store/mint/about-the-mint/phasing-out-the-penny-6900002
volcanodiscovery.com/news.html
hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/31/mars-also-undergoing-climate-change-ice-age-retrea/
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

spoopy

That's insane. There's zero natural reason for the graph to cruise along mid-level for a century then suddenly spike up.

>Just barely more than 100 year time frame
Nice

Actually we are currently still in an ice age because there are permanent ice caps. Also it's not the change in temperature that is alarming, it's the RATE of change.

>crash the planet with no survivors just as the migrant hordes are ruining our civilization
If we can't have it I guess no one can.

Wow I'm sure no one ever thought of that before!

Darwin buried fake dinosaur bones to test your faith in Climate Change.

>200 year time frame beginning at the industrial revolution

apply yourself

It's quite telling that you faggots refuse to acknowledge that your temperature data is from ground-based METAR stations, which results in skewed data due to the urban heat island effect.

>temperatures have been measured for ~140 years
>this is apparently a significant enough sample size in a geological history of 4.5 billion years
'No'

>Surface temperature

Care to show us those graphs from before 1800?

For all the smart ones, listen to Randall Carson on Joe Rogan.

>Earth naturally alternates between periods of heating and cooling; why is this period of heating being blamed on human activity?
>"I know! I'll post gifs showing that Earth is undergoing a period of heating, something nobody here is denying! That'll sure make OP look DUMB hahaha :D
What was your thought process here?

Time scales.

The natural warming and cooling takes about 100k years, not 10.

The current rate of change is nowhere near record long before we had cars or even existed as a species.

>mass extinction events during prehistoric climate shifts
>deniers don't care, as long as their cars aren't to blame

Doesn't matter if it's man made or not.

This

You can argue if it's man-made or natural but either way if it keeps going the way it's been going we as a species are completely and utterly fucked. Gotta figure out some way to slow it down and counteract it or at least work around it.

So I was wondering:

For those of you who believe humans are behind the warming would you be ok with scientific methods of curbing the warming instead of political methods? Like using inert aerosols sprayed by balloons into the atmosphere that reflect back a certain amount of the sun's rays.

If not then why?

>instrumental temperatures
>as-in ground-based observations
>primarily in and around population centers
>which produce local heat (urban heat island)
>which are endlessly growing
>the same data pilots ignore because it's too unreliable

How do you know that?

Just because something spike quickly? Do humans cause earthquakes because the ground stays still for years then all of a sudden starts to violently move?

damage control

Even if anthropogenic climate change is happening, nothing's going to change until fossil fuels are no longer the economically viable source of energy. Most faggots who complain about climate change aren't going to stop driving their cars, using electronics which run on fossil fuels, flying in planes, or really doing anything to change things for the better. If it is happening were fucked unless the planet adapts because people will only be concerned about climate change until it hits their wallets and their everyday conveniences are limited, then they'll bitch and moan about that.

>one degree difference
people who say anything about global warming should be treated like doomsday / prepper crazies

realclimatescience.com/2016/03/noaa-radiosonde-data-shows-no-warming-for-58-years/

Not an argument, faggot. NASA themselves say that the data is skewed. The urban heat island effect increases temperatures by more than a degree in some cases and most of the METAR stations are scattered around population centers. As I showed my previous pic which you ignored, some areas of the USA have gotten COLDER

Lmao, that name.

they are already doing that, but that isn't going to stop them taxing stuff like food (meat, dairy) because it's not 'green' food

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-31/geoengineering-to-alter-climate-change-moves-closer-to-reality

The ice caps are lemting on Mars (it's true, look it up). It's probably all those trucks on mars causing global warming

*melting

Here's an example of the urban heat island effect in New York. New York city alone has around 50 METAR stations. Between major cities you may find a couple. Thus, temperature data in and around cities dramatically skew results if you simply average all of the temperatures. Since, as I showed in my previous post which you will ignore, local temperature within cities can be more than a degree warmer simply from human activity.

of course scientific means are great but the viability will be limited

stop china and developing countries from emitting so much carbon.

oxford university proposals to impose green tax on food in the UK:

wattsupwiththat.com/2016/11/19/uk-researchers-tax-food-to-reduce-climate-change/

Atlanta

It's not a matter of just TEMPERATURE. Humans can just put on a coat or take it off it temp fluctuates. The problem with climate change is how it affects baseline organisms, such as phytoplankton. If temperatures are increasing due to CO2, then most of that CO2 will wind up in the ocean. If that happens, it becomes a hostile environment for small organisms. small fish have less food, big fish have less food, we have no sea food.

I know that cities get warmer than the natural environment from personal experience. Cars, appliances all create heat. The concrete and streets collect heat.

Even then the cities seem to be more critical to climate change and amplify what's happening.

Picture related is "radiosonde, satellite and surface temperature record."
What's wrong with these?

>150 years
ISHYGDDT

Is that why everything was so oversized, back when the climate was very warm?

Here's a map of the HadAT2 data. Notice anything?

Atlanta is also known as a heat island that radiates long into the night causing storms down wind in frequent cases

Palm trees in Antarctic once. It's going to continue to get quite warm.
Stop driving your car. Spend money on alternative energy. Blah blah blah

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/ancient-climate-change-meant-antarctica-was-once-covered-with-palm-trees-12098835/

but it's great, you'll get carbon credit loyalty cards. the colder you are and the less you eat, you can save up those pennies and carbon credits to pay for the real necessities.

The universe doesn't care about us. We lucked out hardcore with a warm glacial period here during which civilization sprang up. Various catastrophes are 100% certain. We need to bank on that and have a continuation plan in place (bunkers or whatever) for meteors/flooding/supervolcano/extended winter. All are survivabme for the species, the question is do we lose progress or not.

>hurr climate change is real!!!
YEAH AND THE SOLUTION IS HIGHER TAXES EVERY TIME

They took our pennies away.

mint.ca/store/mint/about-the-mint/phasing-out-the-penny-6900002

Should have got rid of the nickle and dimes too they're just as useless. Quarters are still good for laundry though if you have at least 12 of them.

I'll use my carbon credits to wipe my ass.

The real reason why the globalists are pushing "global warming" is to try and cool the planet down. Now why is that? why dont they want antarctica to melt?

Answer is simple. There is an ancient temple built there with alien tech inside. It would be bad if people found out.

So it hasn't even risen 1°C

So there's a discrepancy of 4° C in the average world temperature? Who'd've thought that temperature isn't constant?

All of those previous heating/cooling cycles could be linked to something else like solar cycles, algae blooms or extreme volcanic activity.

None of those thing have happened.

You know what DOES correlate perfectly with our current warming?
Industrialization.

Wow you're right no earthquak- oh look at them all there.

volcanodiscovery.com/news.html

hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

I went out of my way to type the word "extreme" in front of "volcanic activity" and you still post this predictable shit anyway.

Apply yourself user.

>muh 97% of scientists

>there are literally fucking permanently mentally crippled retards in this thread that think there is a correlation or result to be assumed from any of this jewmath data that implies global warming is man made

better believe there ain't no god cause he sure as fuck didn't betray your intelligence.

>guys global warming is totally man made!
>we can't stop it with current technology, but lets tax everyone that uses modern technology to reduce production and slow down scientific advancements
>even most trumpanzees defend this

Do those factories reach mars Too?

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/31/mars-also-undergoing-climate-change-ice-age-retrea/

>Oh no, if the temperature rises a little bit the Earth is doomed!
>Clearly CO2 is the one and only explanation for increase in temperatures!

This picture always kills these threads. Save it newfags

>not reading your own articles
They said ice is accumulating on mars.
It's getting colder.

If you're trying to say they're both being caused by the same source you're doing an extremely bad job.

Also, since you apparently don't know this, Mars barely has an atmosphere and doesn't have a magnetic field at all. It's losing all of its heat to space over time because there's no atmosphere to hold it there. Want to know what we call that when an atmosphere holds heat down to a planet?
The greenhouse effect.

Is it all coming together now?

Outside of juvenile personal insults by the likes of Bill Nye, Dr. Easterbrooks work with the Greenland Ice core is still not refuted.

At best a bunch of Highly paid climatologists had a tangent... because they could blame lower solar outputs like they do for older time periods when atmospheric C02 was 10x higher (based on our concrete science of stars).

Everyone knows that Mars as no atmosphere to the best of our knowledge

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html

> mars icecap melting back in 07

Your other (more recent) article contradicts that one.

Make up your mind, retard leaf.

I'm just being The devils advocate. I believe climatology is Beyond our capabilities. It's all theory. IPCC's "extensive report" are based on computer simulations, inheritly flawed because we lack full understanding of things

It's simply a fact that CO2 levels correlate with a reduction in IR reflection from the Earth's atmosphere. Climate change is happening, the trend is towards warming, and the partial cause is belched out by our use of fossil fuels.

Now, the tree-huggers lose me when they make any of the following claims:
>warming is necessarily a bad thing
>our current climate is the "natural" one, and it must remain this way forever
>making poor people go broke paying fuel duties, to reward middle-class people for buying an electric car, will save the planet

The only things which worry me is ocean acidification, and coral bleaching.

permafrost could release methane and accelerate the warming. the warming is blown out of proportion though, because they believe you need to agitate normal people to get anything done. That kind of tactic is degenerate, most people will never be informed to know when it is a problem.

The Global Warming is a hoax perpetuated by people sick of breathing your disgusting fumes, so we tried to convince the beach front Oil Slave Nigger Jews that they are going to lose their property from pollution. Didn't work but now is time for Plan B

The glaciers from the last ice age are believed to have melted in a geological instant.

This type of temperature change is not unprecedented, however, I will say that humans are a contributing factor, but not THE contributing factor.

We are a world of violent rebirth. We could experience rapid heating of the earth, or Yellowstone could erupt and block out the sun for 10 years. The earth will always find equilibrium.

There is nothing that humanity can do to stop it other than lose humans.

>not THE contributing factor.

what is the contributing factor then? scientists have looked at many different things in the last decade and nothing is as solid as the greenhouse gases

>they want the western world to stop polluting
>but China can do whatever they want despite polluting significantly much more than we do
Gee I wonder who could be behind trying to get us to waste money on being "green"

You've just proven that you are unable to debate the point by that non-sequitur. By doing so you are actually making us, the pro-science crowd, look bad. I suggest that you uninstall your computer and work on your argumentative skills. Good day.

Graph showing warming starts right after little ice age. How does this support the hysterical global warming bullshit?

You do realize that it would be career suicide to conclude it was anything other than CO2 right? Spoiler, it was/is land use change.

'scientists looked at the last decade'. You fucking dumbass. The Roman warming period was warmer than it is now. The medieval warming period was warmer than it is now. OF COURSE if you only look at the last 10 years you're going to go all Chicken little. The earth is 65 MILLION years old and its warmed and cooled off in cycles the entire time. Look at the 65 million year cycles, not the LAST decade jesus.

Maybe the roman togas flapping in the breeze made their warm period, right? Maybe all the shit in the streets in the medieval times made their warm period, right? If people contribute to warming periods, and the roman and medieval warming periods were both WARMER tHAN OURS IS RIGHT NOW, then what the fuck dude. NOTHING contributed to the Roman and Medieval warming periods. Nothing except the natural climate cycles of the earth.

>THE LAST DECADE
jesus fuck, that's not even a hair follicle on the testicles of the earth

>us, the pro-science crowd

There is nothing pro-science about the Climate Change cult.
You're the one who didn’t comprehend my comparing Climate Change True Believers with Young Earth Creationists.

The climate has changed, drastically, several times since the end of the last glacial period. All of which occurred well before the widespread use of fossil fuels.
A known fact that is consistently ignored by "pro-science" cultists like yourself.

Doomsday cults are a relic of evolution. We live in an uncontrollable world, yet desperately feel a need to control it and everything else; so, we assign human culpability to natural processes in order to have an enemy we feel capable of fighting. No different really than ancient peoples who invented gods to explain things like thunder and rain.

For anyone with a smidgeon of common sense, reading about some of these changes might be informative.

Here’s a partial list:
Bolling oscillation interstadial
Older Dryas stadial
Allerod oscillation
Younger Dryas
8.2 kiloyear event
Holocene climatic optimum
Older Peron transgression
Piora Oscillation
5.9 kiloyear event
4.2 kiloyear event
Roman warm period
Medieval warm period
Little Ice Age

>B-but, muh Prius gonna save the world!!!
Whatever makes you feel better.

>The earth is 65 MILLION years old

Not to nitpick too much, but the current estimation is 4.54 BILLION years old.
As in, 4,540,000,000 years.

Yet, Climate Change Missionaries truly believe that we done fucked it up forevar.

Just ask one.
>Hottest month EVAR!!!!!!!
Really?

>Well, Hottest Month in Human History!!!!!!
Really?

>Well, Hottest Month in 160 years.
Really?

>Well, Hottest Month since standards were established in 1965.
We are in the middle of an Interstadial, after all.

>RACISS!!