Cloning Meat

Is cloning meat justifiable from a Christian philosophical point of view? Can I be for animal cloning, against human cloning, and still be a faithful Christian?

I'd want the meat with great marble, like a nice beef tenderloin.

Yeah, clone animals, hell, we created the pug so we can clone animals, just not people.

look at the english bulldog, was that in
God's desires?

I was unaware the bible addressed gods stance on cloning

Why would you even bother when you can just let the animals fuck?

Would eating cloned long pig be considered ethical?

eating clonned meat is like fucking traps.... is not meat and traps are no girls

leaf post best post

how do they make it and why would you do it

Unknown
I love surprises

think you're hard for eating meat grown in a slaughter house?

How the fuck would you know when there's no common accepted religious authorithy or traditions for almost any matter in cuckstianity.
On a side note, meat grown in a Petri dish might no be considered kosher if the original cells were extracted from a living animal or slaughtered in a non kosher way.

Dumb leaf.
Jesus clones the fish in order to feed his people.

Surprise! It's a human thigh flank!

You don't know that. You weren't there.

>Is cloning meat justifiable from a Christian philosophical point of view

Aside from people who say cloning is "playing God", how exactly is cloning wrong in a biblical sense? God created us, and gave us the ability to perform the science necessary to clone shit. If it were really a big problem for Him, I imagine He'd send a profit or communicate his wishes since there's no reasonable way to find an answer to this in a book that predates the discovery of DNA by thousands of years.

What's the philosophical problem with cloning?

It is meat although its more akin to minced meat since it doesn't come from a specific part of an animal.
Cloned meat means they can alter the composition of the tissue depending on which transcription factors they use to increase/decrease myosin/actin concentration among other properties thus making the meat have varying degrees of tenderness, taste, so on and so forth.

To use mankinds scientific prowess to create food in abundance for the many who may not otherwise have access to it sounds pretty righteous.

Why would you be against human cloning? God never says we can't do it, which means he gave us the ability to do it intentionally.

Options:

1: Human clones don't have souls
So there's no moral issue because you aren't actually playing God

2: Human clones do have souls
So there's no moral issue because you are sending more people to heaven to live with God

I spelled prophet wrong.

I think i would maybe try human if it were cooked properly

>God never says we can't do it, which means he gave us the ability to do it intentionally.
Reproduction outside of wedlock is unlawful.

All clones are bastards in God's eyes.

Tenderloin in overrated IMO. Only good rare, otherwise not enough fat in it to keep is juicy. Bone in rib eye steaks/delmonico is the best cut I think.

This. As long as I didn't know the guy.

Apparently we taste like pork; human meat is sometimes described as "long pig".

If Jesus is unhappy with cloning it's going to be across the board, not just certain higher order animals, and I guarantee that almost every good and devout Christian has eaten cloned fruits and vegetables at some stage.
Successful or superior cultivars of produce are often used to propagate grafts to create clones of that exact tree or plant, it's been done for years.

God gave man dominion over the beasts and the fish and the plants or whatever

Eating human is actually completely legal, the legal ramifications come from shit like assault, murder, desecration of a corpse, etc.

If someone gave you their foot you could roast it and eat it and nobody could do shit as long as it was fully consensuel and the donor was still alive.

>>>/christiansciencemonitor/forums/

he wasnt, but I was.

Give me Unknown, I'm a gambling man.

yeah duh. no issue with cloning things in the bible

cloned meat tastes like absolutely shit btw. scientists wanted to clone to bolster food in starving countries, but the meat is almost inedible because it tastes so bad.

I don't believe the bible says that you can't eat cloned meat

God made man in His image and steward of His Creation. If we see a necessity for cloning, we have been given (from the very start) free reign to do as we believe necessary.

I really don't like to be a fedorafag, but don't the ethics of cloning kinda call into question whether or not God is real or not?

I mean, we tend to believe that God doesn't directly communicate with people anymore and hasn't since the Bible. I mean there are stories and historical accounts of individuals claiming to communicate with God like Joan of Arc, or random individuals that claim that God, Jesus, angels etc. appeared to them in dreams, but nothing we can actually be sure happened. In fact, it's to the point where if a person claims that God directly communicated with them, people tend to assume they're crazy or a hoaxer like Peter Popoff.

Given the above, that there lots of modern issues like cloning or the use of stem cells that the Scripture has no objective way of directing us on them, and that we very clearly need God to directly tell us what we should do, isn't His absence/silence kinda conspicuous?

Wow, that's odd. No laws against cannibalism between consenting adults? Does this actually go on like some sort of sub-culture or something?

If you smoke cloned cannabis, that is more degenerate than smoking that which had been grown from seed. Both are inherently degenerate, but the former is many times worse.

This leaf is completely retarded cannibalism is very much illegal

meat is for pussies. real men eat plants. Hitler was a vegetarian, why arn't you?

J..John?

>Unknown
what did they mean by this?

when you really think about it it would seem like cloned meat would be less gross but for some reason to me it seems way more gross

why the fuck would you need to clone it if you take off cuts slather them in transglutiminase rm and age it in pvc pipe for a month boom heres yer fucking tenderloin and ignore the fact that the grain goes in 50 different directions

choice tenderloin is the best cut, prove me wrong leaf

Lol. Jesus was an alien with advanced cloning technology confirmed.

>I'd want the meat with great marble, like a nice beef tenderloin.

tenderloin doesn't have marbling you twit.

I'd take lab grown steak. Just sear it for a minute on each side and eat it

No risk of contamincation/parasites.

Don't eat the brain or any complex organs or you're asking for Creutzfeldt Jakob disease

I want to be cloned

id want the unknown with that real nice strip of fat on the side

Matthew 14:13-21
Jesus cloned fishes to feed people. How the fuck would He be against vat grown meat?

Or Kuru

A
FUCKING
TREE

Cloning meat isn't the future.

The future is lab grown meat. Advances are already being made. Just take some animal stem cells and put them in a vat for it to grow and bam you have an unlimited source of meat that is clean for the environment and ends animal suffering.

Unknown

Option 3:

The soul isn't real so who the fuck cares.

Magic man in the sky isn't real.

We are allowed to do whatever the fuck we want with animals, we just can't clone humans any more than we can euthanize them.

It's cheating. Your first time has to be the real thing. You need to hunt it down yourself.

>cloning meat

That's retarded. You don't "clone" meat. You grow it in a tissue culture vat. Completely different concepts.

Either way it's better than diseased animals

Ew, who let the atheist in

If we can clone non-human animals, can we clone humans to eat?

If it doesn't look like this, i don't want it.
which you can get for 6$ a pound in american supermarket on sale.

Only cloning of Humans is forbidden (its unethical). Rest is permitted

Hello rare flag, how's Russia treatin you?

>porterhouse for $6/lb
sure thing guy

Aren't twin brothers clones anyway? what's the big fuss?

cloning meat benefits nobody. it just makes the meat more expensive.

you are exemplifying the slippery slope fallacy very nicely

clearly you don't live in a meat producing state.

i'd eat the cheapest one desu
only brainlets think theres anything wrong with cloned meat or GMOs

How much time until it is affordable to the public? you seem to know about the subject.

Cloning used to be a hot topic but no one seems to care anymore

>I live in my moms basement and never go food shopping.

Solution: stop believing in your sky fairy.
Eat all the steaks.

Bastards are just as worthy of eternal salvation as any other child. The sins of the parents have no bearing on the matter of the child's soul other than the stain of original sin that all humans are born with, and whatever sins they gain in their lifetime by their own choices.

I live with my mommy, and she does all the shopping!

What's that, $12/kg? Fuck no. Porterhouse runs at least $20/kg, and that's cheap shit.
Usually $25/kg from a good butcher.

>I live with my mommy, and she does all the shopping!

But that's not what they're aiming at. We already have enough to feed more people than are walking on earth.
What they're aiming for is more profit by higher levels of standardization.

I don't want to eat freak meat, if worse comes to worse I'm going to hunt kangaroos and boil bark

Sup Forums ridiculing someone for making a female buy their food. Sad beta cucks. Men in the grocery store is just so sad to watch.

/thread

Cloning is unprofitable

Jesus cloned fish, so I would assume cloning is okay.

my wife buys the food. but she isn't stupid and ask me what i want her to buy.

Uhhhhh why did you repeat yourself 3 times

no he manufactured them. there is a difference.

because he lives with his mommy, and she does all the shopping

because
>I live with my mommy, and she does all the shopping!

highfive

One can manufacture clones. Catgirl waifus irl, soon.

looks like you get more with the not cloned

you deserve a tendie and a good buy point

how about a beer and a nice $6/lb steak, with grilled corn.. 0.14c each and baked potatoes .99c for 5lbs?

no we cannot manufacture entire genomes.
we can copy existing simple single cell bacteria and viruses, if you like to classify the virus as a form of life (its not) but nothing very useful yet.

eventually though. eventually we will know enough about genes to build genomes from fuckin scratch. then humans get real power. fuck printing press. fuck industrial revolution. fuck the internet. the power to manufacture life will change more than they ever will.

cloned and gmo = jewish plot to decrease nutrients and force genetic mutation

gmos actively alter DNA makeup and will effect future generations

cloning will stagnate the genetic potential of the meat itself and will reduce natural farms that breed cows

eventually there will only be cloned meat and when it gets too genetically stretched and doesnt produce something that resembled meat or its nutrient dry we will all starve

cloning = double the amount of negative DNA without introducing anything to counteract it

now imagine if its GMO fed or even cross bred spliced

that DNA will alter our on DNA with consumption

our bodies also havent evolved to consume this unnatural meat and long term testing is impossible

Jesus did those tricks all the time. Transmutation, multiplication...

To me that means that we are allowed to use all natural elements however we can, as long as it is for doing good or necessary things

You think Jesus fed the 5000 by breeding those fish? Clearly he cloned them, Good enough for Jesus; good enough for us.

you know what, cloning has existed in botany for thousands of years and it hasn't ruined anything but instead produced incredible things like modern crops.

you dont know what the fuck your on about.

"negative DNA" you just let your ass do the typing, don't you/
if you mean gene pools the presence of cloning doesn't affect wild genes and domesticated gene pools are already tightly controlled. ergo the evolution of domesticated animals.

genetic engineering is just a technical refinement to general breeding techniques which have been around just as long as domestication of plants or animals has.

genetic modification is not at all unnatural, gene splicing, however, can be in the case cross species splicing which can't be done with breeding.

gmo is basically a labor saver. instead of maintaining a gene pool and laboriously breeding selecting and crossbreeding traits into and out of the genepool over several generations you can make the gene modifications which express the trait your after in one shot if you know how the genes in question express as traits.