What does Sup Forums think of Marilyn Manson...

What does Sup Forums think of Marilyn Manson? Society is objectively shittier nowadays and it seems like he would have a lot to say about it, yet he seems to have really quieted down. Was he just a product of late 90s/early 2000s culture? Does his act just not work anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NPQD7KxutcM
youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o
youtube.com/watch?v=mDsqpeiTqg8
youtube.com/watch?v=nz3I6OFXIIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

degenerate

>Marilyn Manson
Columbine comes to mind

all i know is that when we needed to clear a house party out from a rando pooperdine kook infestation, we would blast marilyn. always did the trick. that was 2005.

>CIS Hetero white male REEEEEEEEEEEE
In reality I think he just doesn't have an angle. Either he doesn't have a good opinion about what's going on or he doesn't see a way to prod society.

Wasn't he supposed to have a new album a few months ago that got pushed back anyway?

Degenerate faggot

he's a jew. that should tell you everything.

The guy has always been a chronic beta.
He got a girlfriend in the mid 2000s then when she broke up with him he put out an album about it, whining the entire time. He was only really edgy in the 90s because his style was new. These days pop singers are more extreme than him. He literally can't compete

He was a one hit gimmick for his time when emo was everywhere

Now he's middle aged and his edginess has worn off or became less shocking

I think the fact he basically turned into goth Elvis is hilarious.

Very popular for a brief time: Check.
As popularity wanes, gets fat af: Check.
Dies on toilet: Standing by.

He's too busy selling his art for millions of dollars to cry about "muh 1%" and social injustice. He rode the 90s crybaby meme into near billionaire status. Literally holds $50,000,000 in war and gold bonds/certificates. Smart guy.

This.
Also, Trent Reznor made him the cucksess he is today. Without Trent, he would be nothing, and he has the gall to pick a bone with the guy.
Pure jewess

His first 3 albums were perfect.

Now he is horrible.

>I think the fact he basically turned into goth Elvis is hilarious.
>Very popular for a brief time: Check.
>As popularity wanes, gets fat af: Check.
>Dies on toilet: Standing by.
Underrated

sauce that marilyn manson is a jew? he might be fairly degenerate. but he also might not have voted for clinton.

I like his music and I also like his edgelord personality. He's kind of a lame old leftist nowadays but whatever.

youtube.com/watch?v=NPQD7KxutcM

His lightning bolt symbol looks just like the British Union of Fascists flash and circle symbol.

>He got a girlfriend in the mid 2000s then when she broke up with him he put out an album about it, whining the entire time.

I liked The Golden Age Of Grotesque.

Also, Mechanical Animals is an objectively perfect album.

he looks a little like chris chan

in one of his new trump gets his head cut off.

also, he is friends with johnny depp.

dude sucks.

At one time I had a video saved of Manson on stage saying Bill Clinton was "fucking America in the ass with his communist fucking cock". So, back then at least, he didn't advertise himself as a Clinton supporter. I think has has always just tried to sell himself as anti-authority.

Third rate Alice Cooper

He had a lot to say about issues that aren't issues anymore. If you were a resentful kid being forced to say grace every meal he was ironically a Godsend. Now the Christian community has more or less successfully circled its wagons, become safely insular and lost most of its profile, and he's conscious that he has more days behind than ahead. It's hard to stay edgy when you're old and tired and comfortable and just looking to ride out the clock doing things you don't hate.

Mechanical animals is a decent album

I used to listen to him all the time as a teen.
Bloody good music.
Edgy faggot though
youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o

What he was saying was edgy and relevant, 15 years ago. He was a one trick pony then, and his legacy has not aged well. His act doesn't work because he started a movement of hundreds of other artists that did, or are doing, the same fucking thing he was
>and better

The only people who listen to his music now are 13 year old cringelords in middle school who are just hearing these concepts for the first time. To everyone else, he's repeating common sense with black eyeliner on.

>tfw he realised how true the lyrics to "The Beautiful People" really were.

This

I'll just leave this here.

He's a relic of his time. A few years ago Bret Easton Ellis did a couple podcast interview with Manson. It's pretty entertaining for 90s edge nostalgia.

HOW DO YOU DO FELLOW KIDS?

Lyrics were edgy till we found out they were true. Creepy little Italian dude nicknamed Skippy does indeed torture children.

He kind of went to shit after Gene kicked him out of the band.

He did the Trump beheading before Kathy Griffin like a year ago. He tried to be edgy and it failed hard. He should just hang it up, I liked his music back when Trent Reznor produced for him. After they stopped working together his music became shit, he got fat, and disappeared into obscurity only to be adored by new waves of dumb, socially awkward 12 year olds.

Literally not a jew.

>common sense with black eyeliner on
Told you what was, is and will be. But now just for cringe lords? Isn't it nice that someone had the balls to pave the way for you...

The whine album was Eat Me, Drink Me. Just about every song is crying about his gf dumping him.

In the one hand I liked the beautiful people, on the other I thought "making fun of Christians isn't edgy or brave, why isn't he poking at Muslims?"

Mechanical Animals and Holywood are fantastic albums. Everything else is pretty rubbish.

some of his music is pretty good

>Just about every song is crying about his gf dumping him.

That whole genre at the time was like that. NIN, for instance, was the same way.

youtube.com/watch?v=mDsqpeiTqg8

degenerate faggot promoting (((occult))) kabalah to the kids of the 1990s

one popular album was titled 'smells like children'

another popular one had him as a tranny alien on the cover

degenerate faggot promoting (((hollywood))) and pretending to be an outsider

>Doesn't mention Portrait, his objectively best album

... that being said there was some good music produced, it would have to be somewhat good to hook people

He's a fucking freak and a degenerate. He needs to die in a fire.

>Dat kike doe

JIDF pls go

>objectively
I'd say Mechanical Animals is his best. They just seemed to try too hard in Portrait.

You clearly don't understand the 90's. Or the 80's. All the shit that had to happen for us to get here. All the Christians groups that were anti free speech and anti freedom. They might have been trying to stop degeneracy, but mostly they wanted kids in a box of prudeness and ignorance.
Muslims weren't a thing until 9/11 so you're what, about 18?

I really enjoyed this album, but I haven't really paid any attention since.

Kikepedia says he's English/Irish/German, and is a satanist, likes Crowley and Nietzsche.

Degenerate lad with an edgy show that kids and parents hadn't seen before.
Mostly just an act, but damn if he didn't influence some of the cancer we still see today...

Enjoyed "Mechanical Animals" in my teens.
Now I find him a bit sad / laughable figure.

Satanism isn't as bad as christians think it is.
They don't actually worship the devil AFAIK

I bet you believe Grand Theft Auto also causes school shootings, right?

Poor mans KMFDM

Great guy, in that time Christians were the SJWs of the epoch, that pic of him jerking off to the bible still makes christcucks autistically screech.

I'm not even a fan and he's certainly not my idol but fuck, are you guys ITT full of shit. Fucking millenials.

Manson seemed honestly like a valid counter culture critique. Still should have grown up in the end and stopped acting like a retard.

So money laundering.

Got a good kick outta this

>violent video games and degenerate music don't cause school shooting
Ignorant people like you are the reason things like that happen in your country.

he just released a new single like last week bro

an edgy jew who made a good first album.

thanks user you got it all right

he was fashy in the late 90's

nigger, you are retarded. If you think that the music a person listens to influences their behavior enough to kill, you are a waste of resources.

>Media blamed Manson, and Vidya
>They say explicitly in the basement tapes it wasn't music or Vidya, they were just angry and wanted to do it

This is what happens when we lock away evidence just being scared someone might get inspired or triggered.

Columbine created so much hysteria trying to point fingers at made up boogeymen to find answers when we had all the answers the entire time.

Can you imagine a world where the media wasn't blaming rock and roll music and the violent video games for it? How many of our parents saw us doing the same things and treated us like we were next? When that one magazine published the pics of Dylan and Eric dead in the library my mom made me look at it for like 5 minutes giving me some speech asking if it's still cool to want to be like them. (Even though I never idolized them at all, I just played the Vidya and listened to rock music)

True words.

His sound is old. He shtick is tired. His brain is gone (probably drugs).

>implying this OP isn't a shill
>implying this off topic thread isn't an advertisement
>implying this board isn't a marketers wet dream

We already have goth Elvis. It's Robert Smith from the cure.

Manson was a troll and a rebel against the white christian America he experienced as a child.
If he was born 20 years later, he'd be a Christian Conservative w/ a wife and kids and a steady job, because thats the way to be a rebel in todays America.

>If you think that the music a person listens to influences their behavior enough to kill, you are a waste of resources.
What about rap?

I can't find anything about it, got a link?

If you think it is the music that is influencing people, and not the culture and where they live and the people they are around every day, then once again, you are too fucking retarded to exist.

pizzaretard nigger spotted kys

ZERO PROOF

ZERO EVIDENCE

He came around right after the Satanic Panic years. Muslims weren't a problem or a threat back then, Xians were.

this user get it

>Music is not part of a culture or sub-culture
Careful where you throw insults there genius

Anyway, Manson was just a 90s edge lord. Life was still on easy mode in the 90s so by comparison with our modern culture of degeneration, economic decline, mass migration and population replacement with all its gruesome side effects of genocide, terrorism, rape ,murder and fucking Islam as the cherry on top?

Manson really can't survive as an edge lord in this environment. He's a fucking poseur.

>Portrait of an American Family
>Antichrist Superstar
>Mechanical Animals
>Holy Wood

M A S T E R P I E C E S

Nice one

They may have been pushing the "edgy" on the lyrics more but the music was better.

>All the Christians groups that were anti free speech and anti freedom.

This. The establishment right for the longest time shilled for shekels. They still do, but it's different today.

His latest album is unironically great though, i recommend songs like the odds of even or mephisopholes. The thing is that those songs are about his character and his past. I think him getting off drugs and aging like milk has distanced him from society. He just is way out of touch with the world to actually implement it into his art

>pizzaretard nigger spotted kys
>ZERO PROOF
>ZERO EVIDENCE
We will never know since the guy who shot up Comet Ping Pong just happened to hit the hard drive. Amazing shot! Thankfully, no people were hurt.

youtube.com/watch?v=nz3I6OFXIIg

His latest album is all yelping and squelching to make your ears bleed. It's the deconstruction of music. Why does he do this? What did music do to him?

I wish he'd show some balls and focus his edge on attacking LEGIT political and religious targets - he comes off as totally cowardly by picking on soft, passive targets that'll never fight back. But having said that, I think he's probably too old to give a fuck about triggering everybody, and just wants a lazy suburban lifestyle. You can only burn hot for a brief period before you OD or an hero. He chose the third option, which is surrounding to the politics of his normie neighbors.

The behaviors are the influence on rap, not the other way around. Chimping out predates the genre.

In the 90s, Religious/Conservative groups were on a crusade to try and ban anything they found to be "objectionable." It's probably the single biggest reason why Democrats rose to power for so long.
Everyone was sick of being told they couldn't like something because it was "bad." Now the Democrats are doing the same thing- trying to force their morality onto other people en masse. You would think they'd learn.
Marylin Manson was just rebellion against those 90s Conservative groups, and he's pretty much irrelevant now.