Adirondack Pride Worldwide!

Adirondack Pride Worldwide!

Thread for discussion of the partition of New York into at least two new states/autonomous regions.

OFFICIAL SITE
newamsterdamny.org/

LINKS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_and_secession_in_New_York
usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/08/25/upstate-new-york-secede/32359423/
washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/17/secession-movement-in-new-york-pushes-for-big-appl/
wgrz.com/news/local/the-upstate_downstate-divide_20160905093924363/313670056
youtu.be/NrLVwpL6wAE

MEDIA EXPOSURE
youtu.be/EvmkC_-0oeU
youtu.be/y3mahU2HV2k
youtu.be/MmK8beUivno
youtu.be/1YIxjxfSX0U
youtu.be/m8WuRgY41Xg
youtu.be/J3kVyf7eOi8
youtu.be/xuriAjCgSJc
youtu.be/fLS_sDhQN08

OUR OPTIONS
>Turn Upstate New York into an autonomous region apart from downstate but still within New York State
>Partition New York into two new states, New Amsterdam (Upstate) and New York (Downstate)
>Have Upstate New York join Pennsylvania

SIDEQUESTS
Long Island Three Regions Plan/Peconic County
Staten Island Independence

Other urls found in this thread:

empirecenter.org/?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_based_in_New_York_City
youtube.com/watch?v=x1_aocVlZIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Having lived in the south and the north, it's funny how must people don't realize that the majority of New York is more country than the south. Way more beautiful too.

Upstate NY is depressing frozen shithole

without city, it gonna turn to Mississippi number 2

Rochester here. Like it or not, taxes from NYC tend to flow up to us. Cutting off NYC would be analogous to cutting off our foreskins.

Do it, faggots.

worst borders ever

>OUR OPTIONS
>>Turn Upstate New York into an autonomous region apart from downstate but still within New York State
this is the only option.

Better

who is running this thing?
>empirecenter.org/?

Fuck you deadass nigger upstate rules

^this. as much as I hate to admit it, this is largely true.

Everyone take my word for it upstate rules

In what way? Is it the high taxes, the shitty weather, or the depressed economy?

I'd like to see those numbers, because if it's funding faggots and niggers, and the goddamn state police, we can leave that money on the table.
Sheriffs and town police are enough

Also it's not worth because upstate has no voting power

Nah, man, NYC is the home of a ton of fortune 500 companies and they generate a ton of revenue:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_based_in_New_York_City

Right because the city is tropical also wow thanks for making the point that the taxes don't help our roads. You're probably one of us so have you been to lake George?

the fact that upstate methheads vote for Republicans doesn't make them less worthless

No, missing my point. If the tax dollars fund garbage here upstate, they can keep it in the city. ah so you agree the state should split

Nothing wrong with New York.
> Midtown and Lower Manhattan are largely white
> South Brooklyn is white and Asian with blacks concentrated into northern hoods
> Bronx is a PR shithole but better than it was in the 70s and 80s
> Harlem is not as black as it used to be which is the subject of much whine
> Staten Island is white
> Long Island is mostly white besides a few Hispanic towns
> NJ is white and Asian past the Meadowlands and Newark

I wouldn't mind living in greater NYC if not for the prices. I hear the suburbs are cheaper though and they have good trains.

Are long island fags aloud here? Many of us hate NYC

>have you been to lake George?

Sure, I had an aunt that lived up that way. Beautiful area. Western NY has has some incredible scenery (pic related is Ithaca). I don't mean to trash upstate (Rochester here), but I've slowly watched my region go to shit over the past 30 years with the loss of Kodak, AC Delco (Rochester Products), and the decline of both Xerox and Baush & Lomb. It's frustrating because this was once a really great place to live.

Staten island fag just got out of the DMV, fucking sucks. Also, we vote republican every year and yes there are an abundance of stupid niggers and spics but you cant get away from it

>why do niggers move upstate
>because they heard there was no work

kek, I'm using that

> he doesnt live on the hudson river

Really activates the almonds.

Didn't chobani leave too? Not a friendly state for business but the area around me (Clifton park) is doing well

Used to go up there when i was young, gorgeous place. Havent been in about 15 years though

631 fag here living abroad. We did our part trying to make NY red this election. Can't say the same for Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, and Albany, all located in that blue there

Give NYC to NJ, problem solved

Hmm, I think Chobani's plant is still in operations, but they moved the corporate hq's to Delaware for tax purposes.

Yeah, it's an amazing place. I try to take a weekend camping trip out there at least once a summer.

Are these maps of nigger density?

Does the Empire Center support New Amsterdam? Might add them to the next general when this one dies.

That's one way of putting it, yeah.

Hey /nag/, former resident of Otsego County here, from a little town called Roseboom (pic related, it's our only country store, post office, and sandwich shop). Because of the idyllic childhood I had wandering the Catskill woods, picking berries, and going on hikes with my dad to the maple syrup factory up the road, this region is permanently affixed to my psyche; it prevents me from becoming a complete city kid (I live in a large city now). We lived in a farmhouse built in the 1790s and learned about the Iroquois tribes and the Cherry Valley massacre in our schools. This is the land of Rip Van Winkle. My land was the muse of the Hudson River School where Thomas Cole and others mastered the art of American landscape painting long before Yosemite was even discovered; its vast scale and large, graceful trees put the European groves to shame and were more intimate than any Chinese garden. This is the land of once great hotels and vacation homes. This land harbors miles-long sledding roads before the plows come for the winter. This land harbors ancient Indian burial grounds and outlaw bikers. All in all, New Amsterdam is unironically my homeland, and my heart gets warmer as I navigate the centures-old roads and the stone fences. I yearn for the time when I can end my fitful exile and return here to buy my paradise back (under presumably lower property tax).

>tl;dr: NEW AMSTERDAM WHEN?!

cool little town. I think I drove through it when I went to Cooperstown for the Baseball Hall of Fame years ago.

It really is. Cherry Valley is the bigger town with all the amenities (no fast food though, you have to go all the way to Oneonta to get any of that), but Roseboom is near all the state forests. The whole county has a lot to offer though, especially around Margaretville. I highly suggest you go back and look at the little stuff, it's amazing how old everything is. I return when I can.

another burden of NYC taxpayers filled with junkies.

Guys how can we capitalize on the feud between DeBlasio and Cuomo? I hate both of them. DeBlasio for his nonstop sjw faggotry.
Cuomo for the archetypical political sliminess and definitely corrupt connections.
This is an excellent opportunity to shake these bastards down. DeBlasio will do anything to get reelected later this year, and Cuomo is pissed for getting the bad press about the MTA on his "pristine" career

Sorry, I misread and made a huge error. Please disregard my deleted post.

Suffolk County, Staten Island, and South Eastern Queens can we get into New Amsterdam too?

We aren't like the Medigans in Manhattan and Westchester.

It's all good, bro. Believe me, where I lived was certainly upstate, and I highly suggest a visit for anyone who has the time and funds.

youtube.com/watch?v=x1_aocVlZIE

I know this might be a bit too hippie for Sup Forums, but this video is honestly the best way I can explain upstate NY to you as I saw it as a kid. This reminds me of when I hiked on the high roads of my county, and I could see all the farms below and everything was quiet. There are a lot of refugees of the flower children up here too who tried to practice what they preached (many vote red now) and most people here are quite individualist. I just wish there was a better scan of this scene on YT.

Westsylvania masterrace

had a similar childhood in western monroe county. I think your region's prettier, but I still love rural surroundings. You really can't beat it.

>video
That sense of community is gone and we desperately need to get it back. It starts locally, we need to rebuild the world we want from the ground up. If we really want our vision to materialize we have to have a serious community. Not let it be snatched up by the first Spencer to come around because we have no Real face.

We need one!

Agreed. I live in Dixie now, and even though there are certainly nice parts of the area that strike my fancy, the history, architecture, and folklore can't compete with upstate NY. If you've never visited Phoenicia before (pic related), I highly suggest you do.

Damn straight, we have town halls and everything. Everyone knows the volunteer firefighters and snowplow guys up there, and many multinational chains don't bother putting stores there either. When I was there, 4-H was a strong bond for many kids, and the fair was actually a fair, not just rides. For Rip Van Winkle and the Headless Horseman

I lobe upstate NY. Nice rolling countryside, small town to take little vacations in. Great camping hiking, river rafting, small bars and pubs.

Fuck NYC that roiling cesspool of Jewery. Neutron Bombs when?

So many memes in one image
>Dade County Georgia is independent because for a while you couldn't go by road to the rest of georgia

>Winston County AL as independent referencing its lack of loyalty to the confederate government.

>State of Franklin which could have actually happened

>correctly identifying and splitting georgia into its real parts

>north Massachusetts my fucking sides

holy fuck the memes

DO IT DO IT DO IT

Port cities are the most degenerate multi-cultural dens of filth. They love getting pozzed and they import all the pozz from the world they can get. It's literally their economic basis and cultural identity.

Example: What's the first word association with Amsterdam? Prostitutes. Exactly.

FUCK NO -- think of your NYC bros who already trapped in this fucking hellhole of kikery. For us, Albany actually represents the last tenuous thread of sanity holding out against the darkness!

Reminder his will never happen because laws have to be ratified at the state and federal level. Keep dreaming Jew york