ITT: Universal Basic Income

I'm interested to know what everyone's thoughts are on universal basic income. It has to be superior to the shitty welfare/Obamacare we currently have in place right?

This Michael Hiltzik column is the main reason I'm posting about this.
>"The basics of universal basic income are simple. A check goes to everyone, guaranteed — whether they’re employed or not. No strings attached. No means test. No bureaucrats examining your personal lifestyle or looking for hidden income. No politicians demanding that you seek out even a menial job or leave the children in the hands of caretakers before getting the money. No drug testing."

archive.is/cIZ3Z

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/4j78e
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can't work without limiting reproduction and immigration. It will go bankrupt within a few years.

I support the idea, the problem is degenerate taking advantage of the system like they do with welfare. If we supply universal income to all, chances are that niggers and white trash will start dispersing throughout general suburban areas and breeding until we have a clusterfuck of gang bangers and "i wanna see the manager"

Basic income needs controlled population and resources for people.

Which only works in a homogeneous society.

Australia right now is crumbling because it enjoyed years of being welfare rich nation of white people and people willing to work and let us all float on the tide together. But now we're being ransacked for it by the 3rd world and our economy is in the shitter and everything is leeching off it at every turn.

We were looking on track to this kind of thing, but now it's a fairy tale. It'll never happen here.

Japan will do it first.

I think I support a 'basic living stipend'.

But it would have to be basic.

I think everyone in the USA should be guaranteed the right to rice and beans. The basics. You want to live? Ok. That's free. You want the good shit? You have to work for that.

The problem is that welfare always lets people do basically whatever they want with it. Alcohol. Cigarettes. Candy. Soda.

Fuck that.

Bans. Rice. Maybe a few other basic things like milk and canned spinach.

Gives too much power to the government.

Step out of line, government takes your gibs away.

I want it so Ill have no reason ti ever get a job.

I wish UBI existed so I could just stay at home and jerk off all day instead of getting up at 7 and dealing with tons of bullshit 9 hours a day

but it's never going to happen because you'd have to limit immigration and reproduction first and no one wants that

It could only work in a small, homogenous society with a strong sense of kinship and distrust of foreigners. Any nation with even the smallest number of niggers is right out.

>breeding until we have a clusterfuck
The welfare system incentivizes having more kids than you can afford. With a fixed amount of UBI there's none. It's just a supplement to whatever your standard income is.

This is basically the most disastrous public policy conceivable. If we ever go that way our civilization will never recover. This policy should be resisted by any and all means necessary.

And I do mean all means.

The problem with UBI is that pretty much everyone demanding it right now wants a version that would collapse on itself, and the dumbest want to pair it with unrestricted immigration which would collapse it at hilarious speeds. Its something that should be seriously discussed, but these people don't want serious discussions, they just heard that free money could be an actual thing and jumped on board.

they might have been saying, people will have a bunch of kids, and then those kids will get UBI?

how would you prevent it from being spent on drugs (make all drugs legal)?

so all that qe money all along could be given to the people

and then to curb inflation, well you can figure that out

Would only work in a society not embracing the diversity meme

>poor people know best how to spend their money
They're fucking poor for a reason, why can't people get that shit into their heads?

It could actually work and be beneficial if you consider it would both serve to reduce the size of government bureaucracy and streamline a significant portion of the social safety programs into one department. You would earn a universal basic income regardless if your employed or not, which means that it could facilitate a period of steady growth as the markets are relieved of constant demand in wage increases. I am not in a position to speculate if it would effect inflation in the long-term, but on the whole I would venture to say it would actually serve to reduce it.

This all falls apart however when you consider that examples which are hailed as successes often are small and homogeneous rural areas. The waste and abuse which would be rampant when you factor in all the parasites in urban areas who would waste our hard earned money on drugs and items they ought to provide from the surpluses from their own labor. Moreover, if you consider that the universal basic income is to provide for the 4 big needs, i.e. food, shelter, clothing and education the obvious question becomes: What then if somebody choses to waste his or her basic income on drugs for instance and now can't afford one of these necessities, are we to let that person suffer/die and just continue to pay of the basic income knowing that the person won't spend it one what they actually need? What if they have kids? Is it still reasonable to argue that a universal basic income shouldn't be means tested?

Demand side economics retardation

Population grows and also the money and resources you need to sustain them. Universal income sound good, but it gets harder and expensive with time.

how about program that finds some useful mellowish work for 'necessities + some (welfare), like cleaning up cities and stuff

It is a comically bad idea that hinges on multiple fantasy scenarios simultaneously coming true in order to have a small chance to succeed.

Dismantling the welfare state, slashing taxes, and giving additional tax benefits for donations of food, clothing, housing, and medical care to selected non-profits is the way to go but that's never going to happen either.

20lbs bags of rice, beans, flour, sugar etc are only 15-25 dollars and each one will last you months unless you run a bakery or something or eat only from the bag.

When did the abos start geting welfare if there was a time only white people got it?

It's an awesome way to get people to be willing slaves. The final step in making people completely reliant upon the government.

It would work great if you wanted to see your national standard of living slowly decline. UBI (and communism for that matter) look at people as a problem to be solved, and the government as the one to solve it. Trust me. People survive. They've done it for thousands of years. Thinking we need to string along all of the dead weight of society is one of the most disastrous concepts for any species. It results in enslavement of the working class for the benefit of the NEETs, degenerates and other pseudosentient mammals that should've gone extinct or evolved thousands of years ago.

I'm not interested in supporting your lazy ass.

How did the abos survive without welfare for thousands of years before the Europeans arrived?

>Poor people and the middle class know best how to spend their money. They just don't have it.
Self interested people making better decisions with their own money is a libertarian meme dream, surprising to see UBI advocates use it.
Ghetto fags are going to blow their checks on liquor and drugs, not wisely budget for the month, let alone retirement.

There will be a need for something at some point. I would rather see an income multiplier where donation based jobs can get a bump. You can give people free city tours and ask for tips, you can teach free classes etc...

Base me in for 30k a year at 10% income tax aside from my normal income. I'll give you six weekends to perform basic labor.

Or fuck off it isnt worth the tax hit.

Yep, their brains only care about going out and getting the fruit off the trees they never planted and had to wait for harvest.

Against it. It makes more people rely on the govt. -- they WILL decrease their work because there is guaranteed money coming in.

Any time the govt. is involved with handing out money, it is rarely for the better.

I would have $500 a month which is enough to live in rural areas, and banding together as a community gives you more resources as a group. A community of tiny homes ($10k houses) would be far superior psychologically for the majority of people.

If it isn't enough for city life then move, you will still be getting the $500.

Most people would choose not to work. I know I wouldn't get a job if I could live without it.

If poor people knew best how to spend their money they wouldn't be poor. Sage

Terrible plan. If we give niggers even more free money they will get worse and worse.

Not to mention the loss of people who do undesirable jobs. No one is going to go to work as a plumber if he gets paid for nothing all day

>Universal Basic Income
>basically gibsmedats on steroids
What could go wrong?

How is Sup Forums this fucking inarticulate and illiterate now now?

UBI plans can suck, or they can work. But Guarantied National Income is the answer. You pick some number (e.g. just below the poverty line) that some non-earner would get, then adjust income taxes rates so that they're negative below some arbitrary earnings (e.g. $35k) and positive above it. That way the poorest get the most help, the middle class isn't highly burdened, and each additional dollar earned actually increases their take home (right now in the US there are three or four layers of poverty traps where increasing your income kicks you off various benefits, so a household actually has less at the end of the day).

Them most important factor though this that your GNI, or UBI, or whatever, check is all you fucking get. People get their money once a month and then its up to them not to starve, freeze, or die of measles.

As long as you're only providing this to ADULTS who are CITIZENS, most schemes of basic income solve every single demographic demographic problem you guys care about. Fat fucks on disability could go back to work because theres no sudden cut off in their healthcare, when they're already playing for it with their basic income checks either way. And illegal immigrants would get the fuck out because they can't compete with the low wages poor natives would be able to accept with this help. Most importantly idiots stop shitting out kids because they'd acctually have to pay out of pocket for their upbringing. All of these DEPENDENT, UNPRODUCTIVE groups DECLINE IN NUMBER.

Its a brilliant way to get us off the current time bomb of entitlements. Elegantly does much more to aid the 'just need a bit to get back on their feet' types over bonafied welfare queens. While shitting on the groups Sup Forums hates.

p.s.: The streamlining of the bureaucratic apparatus is icing on the cake. And you don't to make the baseline or low end a 'livable' amount, just however much the tax base cares to support.

>I want to know what everybody things
fuck off kike

No, most people would simply stop working. It could not possibly work. The real solution is to build concentration camps and send subhumans there to die.

streamable.com/4j78e
streamable.com/4j78e
streamable.com/4j78e
streamable.com/4j78e
CNN IS FINISHED!!!
CNN IS FINISHED!!

streamable.com/4j78e
streamable.com/4j78e
streamable.com/4j78e
streamable.com/4j78e
CNN IS FINISHED!!!
CNN IS FINISHED!!
streamable.com/4j78e
streamable.com/4j78e
streamable.com/4j78e
streamable.com/4j78e
CNN IS FINISHED!!!
CNN IS FINISHED!!!

>And illegal immigrants would get the fuck out
This is false.

It's just a re-branded aspect of communism.

>Poor people and the middle class know best how to spend their money.

BULLSHIT.

i come from a wide extended family of poor people, and for a brief few years i worked up to being what they might call "middle class" but now i'm poor again......so i can tell you, with Reality to back me up, poor people and the middle class don't know shit about how best to spend their money.

So don't give us free shit unless you want it all to go into the toilet.