Change the catalog settings to "Creation date" instead of bump order

Change the catalog settings to "Creation date" instead of bump order.

Longer, more thoughtful threads disappear while short, provocative clickbait sticks to the top of the catalog. That's because this board is too fast, and any reply is just as good. If you don't get a response your thread is visible for about thirty seconds, then it's in the doldrums at the back of the catalog. If more people browse by creation date, more people see threads which demand thoughtful responses, so more people bump them, and the quality of this board improves.

Please bump this post to get the word to more people.

Obviously click-baity things get more responses. Are you retarded?

Fuck.
off.
reddit.

Calm down English teacher san

I agree

You're a dumb nigger.

This board is terrible right now. If you want better discussion you need people bumping threads at the back of the catalog, and the easiest way to do that is what I suggested. Otherwise the only thing you'll ever see will be shit that demands ten word replies. Look at what happened to Sup Forums, which was swallowed up by roll threads and image dumps.

Also, if you're saying that because of double spacing I sincerely fucking hate you, back to back paragraphs with one line break look like shit. If you had actually been here eight years ago you would know it was universally considered basic formatting, but unfortunately you're a reddit newfag yourself, and you rarely encounter posts that are several paragraphs long, so you think literally all attempts to segregate paragraphs and avoid walls of text are reddit.

Fuck you.

How many times did she cheat Matsomoto-san?

>this tl;dr repy.
Should have just said "Kill yourself shill"

Agreed!

I agree with you by the way.

Resorting to that kind of namecalling accomplishes nothing at all and encourages dumbasses to do the same. It only leads newfags to bump bad threads. If your opinion of a post has ever been changed by somebody replying with "Kill yourself shill" it's because you are genuinely retarded.

Besides, people should push back against the reddit spacing meme, otherwise things will degenerate

uptoked

Mate, I think you've lost your mind. This is Sup Forums, shit post central. You actually seem to typing earnestly, and attempting to have a rational, informed debate.

Like an old nigger telling a young thug how prison works, be careful. They see an honest Joe like you coming, you'll be shitposted to the middle of next Tuesday.

we already have a thread for this

>They see an honest Joe like you coming, you'll be shitposted to the middle of next Tuesday.
Who even cares. That's more time at the front of the catalog.

I was trying to think of a way to improve Sup Forums, and this seemed like a good strategy. A lot of people avoid meta threads because they're mostly whining, I thought putting the basic gist in the first sentence of the OP would make this more helpful.

>sort thread by creation date

how long has this been a thing? ive only noticed it since youve pointed it out but it makes browsing much more enjoyable.

thanks,OP

Pretty much this.
I'm sorry OP. Your proposed solution would work but mods will never implement it. They do not want boards organizing to do crazy shit like Sup Forums and Sup Forums did. They only want a big herd of nigger cattle to milk ad revenue from for Hiro. That's their purpose and why they get paid $0.00 worth in hotpockets.

>using the catalog

that's your first problem bud

Excellent suggestion, the logical next step from moving from the front page to the catalog.

>quality
on Sup Forums

how can anyone take this board seriosuly...

Good idea. Will do.

Sup Forums was swallowed up that way because it was Sup Forums before Sup Forums and (((they))) shut it down with bots/shills/retards spamming it.

I can understand why you'd use the catalog, but the threads there definitely tend to be worse.

Here's what you should be doing:
Visit the front page to check for any decent threads
Visit the catalog, scan the whole thing for any decent threads
Open them all in separate tabs
Read them all and reply or contribute if you want to
Close Sup Forums
Move on with your life for the day.

Changing the sort order is inconsequential because you still have to check the whole catalog to make sure you aren't missing anything important. I've saved plenty of really important threads that were stuck in no mans land just because I was willing to read the whole catalog.

no