PREVIOUS THREAD:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p5mmFPyDK_8
cnbc.com/2016/07/12/americas-10-worst-states-to-live-in-2016.html?slide=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_educational_attainment
worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-dangerous-states-in-the-u-s.html
trulia.com/home_prices/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Virginia,_2016
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_West_Virginia,_2016
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Exclude Appalachian scum and I'm on board.

god bless tornadoes sent by northern winds

remov sweet tea

So, how to we handle Northern Virginia and restore the Old Dominion state to glory?

Bamalad reporting in.

#TEXIT
Texas will want all of you to fuck off and once again relaying on us for everything.

When?

VA reporting in.

Friendly reminder that the Holocaust is indirectly the Union's fault, that Confederate victory would've prevented the entire chain of events that led to it, and that we must ram this fact down the Eternal Unionist's throat with the same vitriolic intensity that they do with slavery.

April 27, 2011 best day of my life

Reunite WV and VA, use the hillbillies to displace the yankees

Then we reclaim Maryland

O WAY DOWN SOUTH IN THE LAND OF TRAITORS

you lost niggers

NBF's is better Tbh.

He based his off the fact the First National was actually extremely unpopular "on account of its resemblance to that of the abolition despotism against which we are fighting.

kike shill spamposting copypasta
>
>

>posts Sherman because he hasn't even read enough history books about the Union to find a general actually worth admiring

Your country is literally an EU debtor's prison

catalonian independence soon moor

Texas's contributions to the CSA were relatively minimal. You gave us some troops and John Bell Hood. Besides Texas seems pretty proud of their Confederate heritage to me. Confederate History month, Confederate Memorial Day, many statues and memorials.

damn......... southernkeks BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=p5mmFPyDK_8

Says the former empire.

Only idiots fall for the Confederate meme down here. Everyone else sees themselves as Texans first and will see themselves as Texans again if we would ever become a republic again.

REMINDER

Ignore Carpetbaggers

Ignore Yankees

Ignore Hockeyankees

What a day that would be. Only reason I wouldn't be waiting to greet you in Maryland, would be because I'm on the other side helping VA. God bless.

I agree, the Blood Stained Banner is the best. I have one hanging up in my room.

Star and Bars is my second favorite.

Oh boohoo, cry me a river.

>is a Unionist
>loves Nazism

Jeeze I wonder what the two have in common...

Could it be an inherent desire to oppress others?

Sherman was probably our greatest general dumbass, McClellan was incompetent as fuck and Grant was indecisive.

Sherman marched into your homeland with hardy midwestern men and BTFO your niggercentric economy

I could recommend you a couple books on Civil War generalship but

>southerners
>reading

And Robert E. Lee saw himself as a Virginian not a Confederate. What's your point? Many of the very people who supported and fought in the Texas Revolution also supported secession. The only major unionist being Sam Houston but he was being more practical than sympathetic to Lincoln. Kinda pathetic you're spitting on the memory of brave Texans who fought for freedom alongside their Dixie brethren. It's fine to be a Texan nationalist but you just make yourself look bad shitting on an important part of Texas's legacy.

how can southerners continue to applaud their ideology when they were cucked and btfo by the north?

also, how can you reconcile with the fact that these states are worthless by most measures?

cnbc.com/2016/07/12/americas-10-worst-states-to-live-in-2016.html?slide=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_educational_attainment
worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-dangerous-states-in-the-u-s.html
trulia.com/home_prices/

i kinda wish you guys wouldve succeeding in seceding thus exorcising the primary sources of future degeneracy from the union.

t. colorado and the rest of the world

That thing was a tragedy.
Leveled towns across the whole state.
Half of the people I know had a family member affected.

>I could recommend you a couple books on Civil War generalship but

bullshit

post em or fuck off

lol

>Sherman was probably our greatest general dumbass

Not even Sherman was egotistical enough spout such nonsense. He always thought Grant was equal.

If he could took take a look his fanbase (if you can call it that) today, he'd probably be so horrified at the lot of you that he'd either declare he was wrong and commit seppuku or change into a gray uniform.

the only bad part about south carolina is all the yankees who keep moving here. or maybe the mosquitos. not sure which is worse.

>equal

Meant to day "his better"

One of Sherman's few positive traits was his humility. He always looked up to Grant, not the other way around.

>Muh ancestors
You fags are all the same.

Ironic, West Virginians are far more Dixie than Virginians
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Virginia,_2016
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_West_Virginia,_2016

>Federal government finally cemented in role of absolute authority.
>Set precedent that leaving this imperfect union will result in violent overthrow of an elected government
>Believes this is a good thing.

Yankees are economic mosquitos

>N-NOTICE ME

You dixie fags sure love larping as a real country. Just remember what happened last time you had a chimpout----btw I enjoy having Thanksgiving on your great great great grandmothers china.

>Sup Forums loves nazis
>Sup Forums loves traitor rebs
The whole board just loves losers. Amazing.

I mean you're free to shit on brave Texans who fought but that just makes you look bad not me.

They also think Sherman was some demon who hated the south when he lived in the south a long time and befriended many southerners. In his personal letters he mourned meeting his former friends on the battlefield and part of his reasoning for burning Atlanta and the march to the sea was to get the Confederacy to surrender so he wouldn't have to kill anymore.

>jelly yankees coming out of the woodwork

I'm DAR from Virginia 1720s. Raised in Southern Illinois, in the country. Could give a rat's ass about the South except for the milk gravy. Moved to Frisco and now NYC. Most Southern rednecks are just as bad as the gibs. Red pill me on why I should stop rejecting my heritage and just go with it.

Grant and Sherman: The Friendship That Won the Civil War by Charles Flood is really good and is mostly about Sherman and Grant, however it has a bend towards Sherman, and discusses how Sherman's ability to chart his own path with military decisions was successful in the long run. Pours some scorn on Grant's military ability desu.

The Destructive War: William Tecumseh Sherman, Stonewall Jackson, and the Americans is about how both Sherman and Jackson essentially carried their respective sides, and discusses the effects of Jackson's death on future Confederate martial ability, and the effects of Sherman's march.

>Just remember what happened last time you had a chimpout

You had your teeth kicked in by a foe inferior in literally every way for four years and only narrowly beat him. And this was back when Yankees were actually manly. I can't imagine President Trump having the guts to tour the ruins of Fort Gregg mere hours after it fell and seeing the corpses still piled high

>>Sherman marched into your homeland with hardy midwestern men and BTFO your niggercentric economy

this

I remember one story where he stopped in to see a friend from his Louisiana days. The friends wife was home but the friend had died at 1st Bull Run. When Sherman (who didnt know about the death) asked the widow how her husband was doing she burst into tears and said he (Sherman) had killed him at Bull Run. Sherman protested saying that hadnt killed anyone at Manassas, which was technically true. Then he left.

Its pretty much established within the among scholars that Sherman was grant's superior when it comes to the battlefield. Also muh sherman burning the entire south is propaganda. He mostly only btfo rich plantation cucks.

Minnesota reporting in

>only narrowly beat him

Not even close. East was designed for defensive (South does well). West was better for the offensive (Union lost ONE major battle in the west due to a fluke and the resulting battle was a huge union victory).

>back when Yankees were actually manly.

West/Midwest were, and are, manly. The paper collar easterners are the pussies you speak of/

>voting for a New Yorker as president

damn southernkeks btfo again

>looking for an excuse to appreciate your heritage

do it yourself or you don't deserve to know

I'll look into those, I'm admittedly partial to the dixie side of the war but the whole thing is fucking fascinating

My recent kick was on the trans-mississippi theatre, the indian light cavalry companies were fucking insane

If you yankees had left McClellan in charge we would've won kek

I'm going to shit on faggots like you that think you can take advantage of Texas again as usual.

shit b8 try better next time yankeefag

>no Missouri
>no Kansas

its shit

>w-we kicked your teeth in!!
>u-uh we still lost though :(

Battle of Pillow Fort makes nigger loving unionist quake in their boots.

who /comfy/ here?

>My recent kick was on the trans-mississippi theatre,

Like you, I read a lot on the civil war. When I go on vacation I get a book on that area during the war. It helps to physically see the place when reading about it, you get an idea for the terrain.

Tide or Tigers?

very much so
good man

maybe

McClellan was scared of getting anyone killed during battles so he always lacked the initiative when he carried the day and never pressed on, thus allowing Confederates to always regroup.

In his memoirs he talks about how he didn't want to waste anyone's lives, however it quite ironic since his lack of gall to press on probably extended the war and got more people killed.

If you liked the Burns documentary, read the three volume history of the war by Shelby Foote. It is fantastic.

My great-great-great grandfather was in a Union regiment that got orders from Sherman so they sent him back a message that basically told him they didn't have to do shit for him since only Andrew Johnson could order them (which was true). Sherman was pretty irritated over that. That humors me a bit. Especially since they didn't mind orders from other Union generals.

And Dixie exploits Texas more than the union how? A major complaint Texans had that caused secession was the union wanted things from Texas yet couldn't even offer to send some army protection against Mexicans and Native Americans.

Hmm

Excuse me, could you show me how to get to Atlanta? Actually never mind I'll find it.

I don't look at me, I didn't vote for him. I don't trust a goddamn word coming out of his slick con artist mouth.

MClellan's big cotnrobution is that he molded the and trained the army into an effective force. He wasnt willing to fought in that he constantly thought he was outnumbered and that everyone was an idiot but him. However he rose the morale of the troops and rained them well.

Not real big into football. but I go for Bama.

Yet where did that lead Texas with the false promises The South made? Backwards as we got hit with the shitty reconstruction. The only great part about it is that with such a large state, we didn't get look into as heavily and able to progress much better then the rest of those faggot states that started it all.

the economic side is interesting too, its just a series of blunders and bumblefucks as the confederate government lets thousands of tonnes of cotton rot in port to drive up prices and pressure the euros (who then turned to the ottomans for cheaper cotton) and sends diplomats who get captured

the military was really the most competent thing about the south and they had a whole year of straight victories as lee stomped mcclellan for being indecisive like mentions

he was holding out to be president as well, he planned on beating out lincoln and then reuiniting the union while giving major concessions to the south, he was kind of a fucking snake

I miss old Georgia flag

nah they are cool
I prefer the third flag. I am going to hang one in front of my house when i buy my own place
when we secede the rest of the South will join us
>Mexican flag
you aint invited boy

I wanted to like you baka

>Allision and Kurtz prints show Confederate troops shooting black civilians and surrendering prisoners
>zero civilian casualties in the actual battle
>garrison never actually surrendered and the overwhelming majority of Union were killed during the retreat to the river
>Forrest ordered the killings to stop after he entered the fort

Propaganda much?

This is true, at least in ohio. The appalachian migration from wwii-1980s has changed the region. I feel like a foreigner in my own land. The second and third generations still have their accent and they are intent on changing these new areas into the hit hole hill towns they left in Harlan County.

Basically they are migrants replacing and destroying the culture. They came here for gibs (jobs) and are making the place shit with their heroin and hill folk ways.

Tigers > Tide

t. Texan with no stake in it

I'll have to check it out. I've watched his CSPAN interview. Maximum comfy historian.

>They will join us.
This sounds highly realistic knowing the average person from those other states. Can't lead for shit on their own.

The CSA realistically wouldn't have lasted long as an independent nation, most likely ending up like Brazil leaving the US free from blacks.

Also anyone here read any Turtledove books?

just going by what you said hoss

That takes like years to read.

Lmao theyre still flying it at my City Hall

I beg to differ on your opinion of his March to the sea. I could write a book on the vile things he did to innocents. Within 5 miles of my house they killed an 11 y/o girl & dug up graves looking for gold wedding bands. Not far from here they hung slaves to their death, because they refused to tell them where the master's good was hidden. Those stories, and two hundred more. Fuck Sherman.

>ywn experience the orgasmic joy of the 2013 Iron Bowl again

why live

yeah, I believe he was pro-copperhead for a long time. One of the reasons Lincoln cucked him of his generalship was because he supported that senator in Indiana who went around trying to rally anti-war democrats in the north.

Even though im a northerner who is very pro-union I have to admit the south had better generalship overall. Stonewall Jackson was probably the best, also Forrest was very talented in his innovative cavalry tactics. Luckily we had Sherman and Stonewall died ayy lmao.

Texas was hardly even attacked during the war and had nowhere near the development of the rest of Dixie or the northern states. The fuck are you bitching about? There was nowhere near as much to reconstruct in Texas in the first place and even after the war was an extremely popular place for people looking for a new home plus the discovery of oil. If anything Texas got off very light compared to Dixie who contributed more and got hurt more yet we still give Texas their fair credit and seat at the table.

I was jsut thinking about the cotton embargo today. I think, if I wer in their position, I might have done the same thing. Hindsight is 20/20. the sotuh had to be bold because the juggernaught of the north just had to grind it out. The south had the leaders to match the boldness. The embargo and invasions of the North (kentcky, maryland, PA) were long shots but the gamble was justifiable and perhaps worth the risk.

ITT: A BUNCH OF DIPSHITS PROUD OF THEIR HERITAGE OF BEING TRAITORS TO THE NATION OF AMERICA WHO THEN LOST ANYWAY

wtf where?

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

THANK YOU BASED BLACK MAN

Part of it was because McClellan received often poor intelligence and overestimated his enemy's actual strength. Didn't help that Jackson was vanishing and reappearing out of thin air in Shenandoah like a ghost either.

mississippi checking in. originally from florida.
how are y'all tonight?

Pittsburgh flooded NC in the 80's.

I've heard of the Southern Victory series, he put out. It's okayish I suppose.

The CSA ends up turning into wannabe nazis at the end of the series.

that was one of the best days