It may seem corny but often when I feel bad about the state of the world...

It may seem corny but often when I feel bad about the state of the world, I remember the ISS exists as a shining beacon of the human spirit, ingenuity and determination as well as the willingness to work together for a greater purpose.

What do you guys do when it comes crashing down and it hurts inside?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nsc80evqJ88
youtu.be/ZpI4xOuaAig
youtube.com/watch?v=Zhzjx8TsuQk&t=613s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dig into my homework.

Too bad the ISS is fake news. Maybe try yoga?

What the hell are you on about?

Drive faster.

The ISS is fake. Sorry pal, you're going to have to find a new way to cope.

No it isn't, why would you even think that?

the iss is a piece of shit and we're never getting off this rock. we're going to tear each other apart and it's going to be glorious.

space in general.

>check flag
>dont reply

Because it is. Why don't you look into it. I am completely serious.

The ISS is visible to the naked eye and can be seen in detail with a telescope

No and no.

then why have I seen it?

That's my secret OP, I never had any faith in humanity. Case in point:

It can most definitely be observed with a telescope. Why don't you buy one, or head to your local observatory?

Because if you get too deep into the conspiracy theories u get delusional

Never go full redpill

what took the photo?

STS-132 leaving the ISS in 2010

Too bad you haven't also lost your faith in Jewish lies like space travel.

Even more retarded than the fag denying the existance of the iss

STS-132

Reminder to all in this thread:

No western nation has engaged in manned spaceflight on its own soil with its own vehicles since the space shuttle program ended under barack obama in 2011.

The manned spaceflight gap now stands at 6 years. Commercial crew, mostly due to regulatory delays, is not due to begin human flights until 2019. One year before the end of trump's first term.

The west is truly a mess and globalists destroyed it. Stop letting these people lie to you wake the fuck up already.

You can see the light from the ISS from the ground. No stars in the sky, but there's this one light moving pretty quickly across it. Maybe you can't see it in Emu land or something, but you can see it in the US at least.

Seen it myself and I got lucky enough to watch a shuttle launch in person before the program ended.

Loudest sound imaginable.

I was just building a Thing to forcibly deport Every Muslim off world.

i miss the shuttle. hopefully crew dragon should be good.

baikonur is 45N, sydney is 33S. you can easily see it in australia.

>tfw

Bad Jews You Get To Be Deported Off World too

You can see a light sometimes where and when they say to look. In fairness, you are seeing a literal UFO, this does not prove the existence of a space station.

Why lie when the evidence is so easy to find, here is a video of the space station as seen through a telescope.
youtu.be/nsc80evqJ88

i drink beer and cry internally while reading Sup Forums
sometimes i play cs too

There is fucking nothing in space.

>hopefully crew dragon should be good.

Any word when they're going to do a full scale test of the SuperDraco landing system?

Trash heap needs to come down before it makes a big space mess

I've never been to KSC during a launch, but I live about an hour and a half away. Interesting note, I can see people that live even closer react to the sonic boom on the internet before I even hear it myself. Two launches ago, someone said "Holy shit, that sonic boom!" in the Sup Forums or /sci/ thread and then I heard it a few seconds later. Shows how fast the internet is and how slow sound is.
I literally just look up at the sky and see one light every night, usually as the sun is setting. No one is telling me where to look.

I can see it with my camera and 500mm lens.

with CCTCap they're not going to be doing powered landings for at least the first two missions, but i guess spacex can do whatever they want as long as they have FAA approval. 2019 maybe? they're going to have to do it for red dragon at least, so if that slips to 2020-2022, 2019 sounds about right.

Same, not enough people appreciate or even care about the fact we have a fucking space station. And what it means for humanity, how far we've come, and how much further we have yet to go.

Serious question: has anything useful come out of all the money that went to the ISS?

The space race in the 60s at least improved ICBM tech exponentially. I have no clue what the ISS is supposed to accomplish, if anything.

it's a microgravity environment that we can do experiments in on demand, and it ensures NASA/ESA/Roscosmos are all capable of operating space stations.

Even faker than the moon landing.

you're a faggot.

Compelling argument Commander Shepherd. The universe awaits!

Your fault user-kun, you fell the "space for mankind" meme.

Nothing useful tbqh. They f*k around with maintenance tasks and conduct zero-g biology tests that has close to zero practical use.

Grew up with a poster of the ISS on my wall. I think of Kennedy's and Reagan's speeches in Berlin. I think of the relief we gave to you and Japan and France and England following WWII. I think of the compassion Germany has shown to refugees of terrible war so recently. I thank God I live in a nation who understands that all faiths and backgrounds have value and only add to the tapestry of our culture and indeed world culture. I turn to the likes of Elon Musk and many other innovators I meet in everyday life. I buy a Coke for a stranger and watch some baseball. It's a rough patch, not a dead end. Keep your head up brother. The revolution will not be televised.

it really is too bad. on some level i would like to devote myself to something greater. however the reality is that governments all across the world are shrinking their spending and our economic system is becoming more and more strained. there will be no more great projects as resources are concentrated to the lucky few.

it seems like everything is in decline and with little hope for a better future.

youtu.be/ZpI4xOuaAig
youtu.be/ZpI4xOuaAig
youtu.be/ZpI4xOuaAig

I don't feel bad anymore because I know the world is going to end soon. And if it doesn't, Everything ends.

Cry myself to sleep.

It's truly a comedy.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zhzjx8TsuQk&t=613s

no, argument, its a fact

youre a faggot

>however the reality is that governments all across the world are shrinking their spending
>there will be no more great projects as resources
That's literally the opposite of whats happening the leaps in space exploration we've made and are about to make in this decade overshadow anything humanity has done so far. Space exploration projects are only increasing in number and scope

I think about how the world is not that bad or good, its whatever I put my mood on it. I just keep hoping its going to get better. Another thing I do is to remember to love myself for disliking things

>I remember the ISS exists as a shining beacon of the human spirit, ingenuity and determination as well as the willingness to work together for a greater purpose.

nope. it actually exists to remind us that niggers and muslims belong to the stone age and should be helped to get back there.

Its also a symbol of billions of dollars that can never be recovered.

The ISS mission length has been extended to 2024. But by that time NASA will have more exciting goals, like Mars and shit.

alright then, what should I be excited about in the near future?

The shuttle was garbage.
Sure, it looked like a futuristic spaceship, but it had a shitload of design flaws, which is why it blew up twice, not to mention it was incapable of flying beyond our atmosphere.
It wasn't a spaceship, just a plane that could fly higher than usual.
And it wasn't needed anymore.
We have the Soyuz and the cargo ships which do the same job but much cheaper.
Sure, they look like giant penises in aluminium condoms, but they do their job nicely.

If we get to Mars, pic related will take us there.

That's not good.
The ISS is nothing but a waste of money.
NASA is taking so long with Orion and SLS because they keep spending most of their money on mantaining that tin can up there.
That's why the government is getting beaten by a bored millionaire.

>he still thinks ISS is real
get with the times, kraut

I come on Sup Forums and look at the microcosm of different views around the world, and I think to myself, maybe things aren't so bad after all.
pic related

I wonder if the cro magnons thought about neanderthals the way we think about niggers?

>What do you guys do when it comes crashing down and it hurts inside?
Not think about our space programs, that's for damn sure. Their desolate state in the past 30 years would tempt me to jump of a bridge

Where are the fuel tanks?

What fuel tanks?
That ship is powered by Solar energy drawn with those panels, like the Soyuz.
It needs a rocket, but only to leave the atmosphere.

Forgot pic.

no they were both too stupid to think in such terms. just other = bad and possibly a hole to goop in by force.

NASA is taking so long because they're underfunded and can't work independently. Gotta use the RS25, gotta produce shit all over the country because states wan't their gibs, if you want to innovate you need to push it past 38 gremiums

more information on red dragon, first launch of falcon heavy (launchpad will be ready by october, so probably november/december), more information on crew dragon, more information on that moon free return mission.

this is some good bait

The ISS you see in your telescope is a mere hologram. You can see it for yourself on YouTube. It glows. But of course, they will tell you it's the effect of the sun on the atmosphere, so if you want more proof, there is enough video evidence available from NASA themselves of astronauts pretending to be in the ISS when they're really just in front of a green screen.

How does the hologram orbit the planet? Show me the source.

Just make everything cylindrical and build bigger reusable rockets. That's how we're gonna reduce to cost of space flight. Larger engines are more efficient, therefore larger rockets mean larger space vehicles and increases the profitability of space travel. We don't need pretty vehicles to get into space, we just need to put together smaller vehicles to make larger ones in space.

I'm sure one day we'll have pretty ships.

>larger engines are more effective
negligible, and especially for first stages not that important. Fuel is cheap. The merlin engines for examples still use an open cycle. Significant efficiency improvements come from switching fuels and to a closed gas generator cycle, the raptor will be the first full flow staged combustion engine. The most efficient Kerolox engine right now is still the relatively small NK33 and its derivate, first produced in the late 60s.

I'm not NASA. See for yourself and make up your own mind. There is not one real image taken from space. It's all Photoshop. They even admit it. And so they write sex in the earth clouds and put mufasa's face, and they even put Pluto the dog on Pluto! They are all a bunch of lying freemasons and they're having a laugh at us.

So no source and no evidence for your claims.

Why is everyone in here such gullible niggers?

If you need someone to hold your hand through it, you're not going to get it anyways. There is no orbit. The ISS is clearly a hologram. And all you have to do is search it on youtube. A video will show you the evidence and help you believe more than one image or my words can show you. If you aren't willing to give it a few hours of research, then you simply don't care and I would be wasting my time anyways explaining it to you.

Yet you can't explain how the hologram travels across the planet let alone what the source of the hologram is and how it functions. Vague references to youtube isn't proof of anything.

Fair enough. I say proof is in the videos, and you say video isn't proof of anything. I can ask the same. Where is your proof of the ISS, beyond video format? Which is just being silly. It's clear you are not taking this seriously.

ISS can be seen by the naked eye and in detail with a telescope. That's proof.

I never said video evidence wasn't proof. I said vague references to youtube isn't proof. According to youtube the big headed scientist Yakub invented white people, space nords from the hollow earth built the pyrimads, and angry alien giants riding a brown dwarf star will attack the earth.