HABBENING LADS! GET IN!!

Massive ransomware attack worldwide!

> Moscow-based security firm Group-IB told Reuters it appears to be a coordinated effort simultaneously targeting victims in Russia and Ukraine.

> so far several companies have reported experiencing issues, including Copenhagen-based shipping giant A.P. Moller-Maersk and Russia’s top oil producer Rosneft.

> According to chatter in the Twitterverse, the attackers are seeking a ransom fee of $300 worth of Bitcoin from individuals, accompanied by a short message asking victims to send their Bitcoin wallet ID in order to receive their installation key.

What does Sup Forums thinks about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

map.norsecorp.com/#/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Public_servers_on_the_Internet
liveuamap.com/en/2017/27-june-photo-ukrainian-atm-infected-by-cryptoworm-is-demanding
threatpost.com/patches-available-for-linux-sudo-vulnerability/125985/
thenextweb.com/insider/2017/06/27/ransomware-attack-banks-airports-europe/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook#.tnw_5RaLhT9d
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/wanna-cry-ransomware/5afdb045-8f36-4f55-a992-53398d21ed07
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>windowsfags getting btfo

ALL SMILES

you do know that this can happen on all OS systems right?

Is the white house in danger?

ohhh nooo not my files

ill have to reinstall windows 7 and torrent south park again fml

yeah. you're really susceptible to this current kind of malware utilizing unpatched 0day Windows vulnerabilities when running Linux

sure, ransomware for Linux exists but the systems are much less vulnerable

Piss enough people off and you're wanted world wide.
And since Bitcoin keeps a record of each transaction, once you're trying to trade them in for money, they've got you.

Yeah, you know. The same OS that like 90% of the world uses. That one.

If anyone besides neckbeards on Sup Forums actually used Linux, then maybe hackers would start developing malware for it.

>bitcoin in freefall
>get ransomwared
>buy $300 of BTC
>it's $250 by the time it arrives

I had another thread going. Major habbening

this

I ALREDY MADE THIS THREAD FUCKY OU YOU PIECE OF SHIT GABACHO DE MIERDA

>300 worth of BTC
Sounds like the wannacry guys fixed up their cryptolocker

Linux has other problems, like a hacker that really knows his shit can put it in an infinite boot loop

Why is LinkedIn reporting habbenings before Sup Forums? Pathetic

Wincucks btfo

They have to clear up whatever George Webb found out a couple weeks ago

> another bread
Sorry man, I posted that as soon as I saw it.

So which one of you fucks has a heat map for me

/po/ was ahead of linkedin

Probably just the CIA/NSA getting "revenge" for all the recent leaks that transexual american IT contractors are leaking online

Whats up? oh you're on sudo?
sec
rm -rf /

Nice thread
How did those assholes get infected so it doesnt happen to me?

Doubt it, Crypto virus aren't our style, hardware damage is our style

>>send adress to posteo

Iam using posteo, too

Shouldnt this be visible on this map too

map.norsecorp.com/#/

A lot of them work with Wine.

Yeah. If anyone only used Linux for important and valuable data storage...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Public_servers_on_the_Internet

Yeah. Based off what - an evil maid attack?

Yes, probably. After all, WannaCry was from the NSA.

Np. Are you affected? I'm sitting in the NOC and we have been instructed to not connect to any production environments. Shits pretty bad desu. Internal mail is down

>russian is trying to bankrupt ukraine by asking 300 dollarydoos from the entire country to stop going bankrupt themselves

liveuamap.com/en/2017/27-june-photo-ukrainian-atm-infected-by-cryptoworm-is-demanding

oh noes
lmfao

Likely revenge for all the lies that the news has been saying about russia

I hope my company get affected, too.

No I am not, a friend tipped me just in case, I though Sup Forums needed some awareness.

kek 2 de mayo vult

Correct me if I'm wrong but

>keep all your important files and installations on a hard drive
>encrypt the hard drive yourself
>ransomware does fucking nothing

Related to Ukrainian Colonel's death, most likely.

It encrypts the encrypted files duh.

threatpost.com/patches-available-for-linux-sudo-vulnerability/125985/
here's one, the infinite loop one was like 3 fucking years ago, I'm not digging for it. If you want to find it do it your damn self you fucking cuck piece of shit don't you have a black bull to be prepping

CIA did this

Good on you lad. I'm gonna have a boring 12 hr shift today. Been down since 4am pdt

HAHAHA

and bitcoin flags wonder why numerous nations are writing up regulations for bitcoin.

Say goodbye to your secure method of extortion . Bitcoin will be in the dirt within five years.

>Russians getting a taste of their own medicine
How is this a bad thing?

Sauce, nigger.

>encrypting files it can't access because they're already encrypted

That's literally the most kiddiesh thing "a hacker who knows his shit" could do.
You probably have no idea what you're talking about. Most shit that's pulled never sees the light of day.

It was patched three years ago.
So what you're saying is that your statement here:

>a hacker that really knows his shit can put it in an infinite boot loop

Is completely inaccurate, since the vuln has been patched?

:)

It doesn't work like that, user

I'm not doing your research for you.

Or just store a back up image on a USB like normal people?

Fucking hell lol.

What the fuck are you babbling about now, retard?

>infinite boot loop

Literally just registry faggotry that can be fixed in five minutes

The two cucks of the world, amazing.
Muh linux doesn't have vulnerabilities. There is no computer OS that is perfect and linux is no exception.

>2017
>using kikedos

lol

We're discovering this is #petrwrap or at least that's what people keep hashtagging on linked in

Of course exploits happen on GNU/Linux, but they're usually patched right away.

At least you admit it exists, the reason why this was a big deal was because those stupid fucking journalists using tales were scared of it

Rosneft jews who were saving on security are now paying for their greed.

But what if Ukraine make false flag to have a reason for attack Donbas?

If you hold alt+printscreen and press R E I S U B on linux you unlock super sudo and special dev tools, there's also a file that appears with credits to bill gates but that's an spoiler ;).

Please mister 50% forgive me.

thenextweb.com/insider/2017/06/27/ransomware-attack-banks-airports-europe/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook#.tnw_5RaLhT9d

>not patching SMB exploit
>patch was released back in fucking March
>not learning mistakes from last WanaCry outbreak
>not having backups ready to go

Our whole world is ran by people that don't know what they're doing. God help us all.

>Muh linux doesn't have vulnerabilities.

That's your inference. I haven't made that claim or implied anything of the sort. I've already stated the reasons for why this ransomware attack is not really relevant for linux users.

But I would argue that in general Linux systems are much more secure than Windows for example.

I was going to say you twist my words but that would require you to actually read them.
You gigantic fucking idiot.
Again, you do not understand what you are talking about.
>Oh noes muh infinite loop prank exploit.

Given the way how Putin dodged the cyberattack question in part 4 of the Putin interviews I'm willing to bet this is a targeted cyberattack by the CIA/NSA

>ill have to reinstall windows 7 and torrent south park again fml

did you just admit to piracy?

I'm not talking about ransomware

how did you get infected how do i not

is it?

>toothpaste
Again, why do you matter?

>how do i not

install gnu+linux

ruhroh

i dindu nuffin!

>the average Sup Forums user is this retarded

oh , but of course

Don't worry, if you were infected you wouldn't be on here right now.

because it's holland

Don't click Russian CP

See you in court.

this place is only mildly better than Sup Forums when it comes to technology.

Windows is only more insecure because the attack surface is larger and the source code is closed.

Linux might run a few data centers and shit, but most SMBs and home users are using Windows. Usually unpatched and outdated versions, too.

This latest attack could have been prevented by installing the same patch that fixed the WanaCry ransomware. That patch was released in MARCH and nobody bothered updating their important corporate infrastructure.

You dumbasses are not better than Sup Forums, you guys are fucking kids

i don't like people that don't look like me

Sup Forums is full of trolls and Sup Forums stuff constantly. And

>DOES MY ASS LOOK BIG IN THIS ANDROID OMG LOL.

They can burn in hell.

i sent that pic to a nog on facebook who was admitting to nog stuff he got panicked it was funny

Well someone's angry about the devaluation of their meme coin it seems.

i don't care

Alright, I'm more tech illiterate than I care to admit: How do I know if I'm vulnerable?

I know all my ports are hidden or blocked from a test I was told to check during WannaCry and that I wasn't at risk from that, so am I safe from this?

Sup Forums is like /biz/ or /k/, it's full of people who argue about autistic things for autistic reasons. i'm sick of 10 billion "LOL INTEL FAGS BTFO" threads every 5 minutes.

>That patch was released in MARCH and nobody bothered updating their important corporate infrastructure.
i wonder when we're going to start prosecuting people for this type of shit.

u r gay

hahahaha

Bear in mind I was thinking of ransomware that targets specific files and doesnt just encrypt your entire hard drive.

i don't like it , go fuck yourself

I work in Marketing for a ICT MNE, I'm currently pushing and raising awareness on these developments.

Wannacry + ransomware is a joke so people will bump up their cybersec spendings while investing a fuckton in becoming more vulnerable through "digital transformation". Seriously, odds are it's a couple of pakis with Intel p4-loaded PCs targeting random MNEs. It's literally Somali piracy over the internet.

Anybody with 2 functioning braincells knows the easiest way to prevent such attacks is a removable flash drive and keeping everything on paper.

>How do I know if I'm vulnerable?

Everyone is vulnerable, just use image backup and stop giving a single shit.

I'll see you on the high seas.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/wanna-cry-ransomware/5afdb045-8f36-4f55-a992-53398d21ed07

Now stop being an idiot or I'll send you an email with a link to a .exe that has bogus flash code in it and bricks your computer.

THEN I EAT YOU! I EAT YOU GOOD!

Because they have nothing better to do but if there's something big chances are they figure it out long before this shithole.

i will put a bullet on the back of your neck for that

Install latest Windows updates. Don't run mysterious executables.

That's literally it.

However, most of the world is ran by knuckle-dragging mongoloids that can't even follow these simple steps.

Again?