Why do millennials take low wage jobs after college which high school students should be doing?

Why do millennials take low wage jobs after college which high school students should be doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

stealfromwork.crimethinc.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they took dog shit qualifications that have no basis in the real world.

That dessert looks fucking delicious.

Soe is so cute but so clearly dead on the inside

Why do millennials do millennials Sup Forums? Why do millennials millennial? Or don't they? Millennials why are they making threads about millennials to millennial millennials? And why do so many newfags millennials reply?

Bongalong knows what's up. 90% of degrees people get are useless shit people do because it's just expected they go to college. Most girls I know with meme degrees have ended up teaching yoga classes

Probably because some peasant in India, China or the rest of the third world is doing their job for a tenth of the pay. The UK has become a nation of call centres and distribution picking and packing warehouses and even the former are fucking off now.

For Canadians it's the shitty job market and economy.

As someone that gets a hefty welfare check, I'd say they're suckers.
Should've just refused to do jack shit and never went to school like I did.

they forgot to take a low wage job in high school or college and have to start at the bottom, like everyone else.

this kinda

>Why do millennials take low wage jobs after college which high school students should be doing?
Because they majored in gender studies.

Real answer here.

I just graduated college am now doing a part time light labor gig that pays barely more than minimum wage. I don't have any professional experience, I should have gotten an internship. So fucking NO ONE will hire me outside of retail. I've done retail for the past 4 years, and now I refuse. I'm planning to move to a bigger city with more job opportunities for college grads, the midwest is grim for good white collar jobs.

Why do young people take jobs at all?
Why not try to be your own boss? Do your own thing?

Why let someone else be your master? And who do you have to blame for allowing it?

>Yet another garbage millenials thread
Sage and ignore lads.
Sage and ignore.

sage goes in all fields you stupid newfags
kyselves

you know... if you are -30years old best thing to do is accumulate expirience, because you are too young to start on your own, not only xp wise but alot of your clients will not take you serious because of your age.
unless... you find a hole in the market that nobody sees yet or not filled yet and you have the means and knowledge to do, go ahead.
but in general.. best to wait when you hit the 30y mark.

am aiming to do just this. Save money, move to the sticks and homestead. Or bounce out of America and move to some country in SE Asia. The cost of living here is retarded.

About to start an internship in a software firm. Going to hone my craft/study the business and then do my own thing.

not only expirience, but contacts and potential future clients too, because alot of people think opening an office sitting their with your phonenumber in the white pages clients will drop out of the sky... it is not

>talking to a bot about nothing

wew lad

SAGED

HAHAHA YEAH BONG KNOWSD WHATS UP ALL THOSE USEKLESS DEGRESS AM I RIGHTS JU*ST PULL YOURSELFIUYPO HBY THE HBOOTSTRAPTS

B O O T S T R A P S

*gets math phd*
*sells hotdogs*
*gets fired and replaced with children*

AYO HOL UP

SHE GOT A USELESS DEGREE

Every one of you are brainwashed scum

Mostly a strawman. Most millennials I know start off making $60k out of school. It's also irrelevant because all jobs will be gone in 10 years due to AI advances.

???

Then what is the answer, Captain Useless.

>I'm from reddit and every thread I disagree with is bait.
Fuck off faggot. P.S. Don't press enter it gives your cuckholdry away

Go FUCK yourself and DIE

you must be extremely new here

dont forget to sage, user

>the redditcuck is scared at being called out
Shoo fag shoo

Because minimum wage jobs can be pretty /comfy/ and aren't jewified shit (why do you think (((they))) keep trying to push higher minimum wage; (((they))) are trying to kill those jobs off). You can
Minimum wage:
>Walk off the job anytime you want without any reprecussions
>Incredinly flexible hours
>Can take however much time you want off as long as it's not a full year and you tell your manager a week or two in advance
>If you're single (which most millennials are now) you can save up a lot, especially if you're smart with your money and even more if you work two or more minimum wage jobs
Wagekek jobs:
>Sit behind a desk 9 - 5 pushing papers for Mr. Goldstein
>Trying to walk off your job without telling anyone? Good luck goy, your company's behind 7 lawyers and HR.
>Have to work 8/5/365 year in and year out until your company thinks your too old and kicks you to the curb
>You're given only a bare minimum amount of time off and you're told when you can take it off
>Can make shit tons of money...but for what purpose? You're spending most of your life behind a desk anyway, and won't have a lot of time to yourself.
>Society pats you on the back for a being a good goy slave
There is literally no reason in this day and age to get a 9 - 5 job anymore.

Because unlike boomers they realize they are not some blessed generation of demigods only fit to work the highest of jobs.

Society needs to keep functioning, and as much as you might find it unappealing, the streets still need to be swept and the shelves still need to be stocked. If everyone with a degree were to get the job they studied for there would be nobody left to unclog your fucking drains when you flush your ego down the toilet by accident again.

The majority of mankind is going to be doing menial work, that is an inescapable historical fact.

I wish i had enough money to open a small store somewhere remove and be the local store people came to to get things ;_;

Because they're not skilled for better work.

Hell, most of them aren't even skilled enough for burger-flipping. Practically any job requires far more work ethic and emotional stability than most millennials are capable of.

>Minimum wage jobs are inferior to wagekek jobs

Lol are you retarded?

Love my 8-4 personally.

Show up a little late or leave a little early, nobody cares. Get all major holidays off, paid. More than enough sick/pto time. Fuck around on Twitter A LOT. Occasionally get things done and receive massive praise for them. It's gravy as fuck.

Of course, had to get an engineering degree for it.

>Why not try to be your own boss? Do your own thing?
after seeing how easily you can be fired for simply not being pro degeneracy and toeing the line this should be everyones goal, decentralize yourselves.

be your own boss, fuck having "fuck you money" have a "fuck you life".

>Wagekek salty that he has no freedom with his job
Must suck having to bend over for corporate and do whatever the fuck they want.

this.
that little whore is also cute.

Why, in every photo, does she make a face like a two year old does when shitting a diaper?

NEET uprising when?

mainly because she's a vapid cunt

Because they think they'll get somewhere sucking corporate teat.

I even managed to get an entry level job and not even menial out of college.

Then I quit and took the entrepreneur pill.

Made more money in my first week than I did in a couple weeks working for someone else.

These kids need to get confident and make their own money.

Why not own a company? I know it's not easy as it looks and there is so much involved with it.
Once you're setup and have accounting taking care of all bs admin, then it's a breeze. I work 10 hrs a week I have 5 workers. That's the life but it took me a while balls and intelligence to get there. Creating wagecuck threads and trying to make yourself feel better by making fun of the working man is pathetic

Why do millenials always post the food they make on the internet expecting praise? You're a grown fucking adult, you shouldn't need to be congratulated for feeding yourself

>Another fucking "y do mullnels X" thread

Remind to s&r all spam threads.

I have a physics degree and i've been working two jobs at warehouses. The only jobs I could get were insurance and sales. Im convinced at this point the only way I can succeed is to save up my money and start my own business. I'm not well connected in any sense and have no idea how i would get a job with my degree aside from teaching. Americas changed and I guess i have to change with it.

b/c companies are flooding in h1bs instead of domestic workers. If you happen to get a job at said company you still have to settle for dogshit wages because chink and pajeet are happy campers.

Because boomerfaggets destroyed upward mobility. Large companies rather pay some rat faced poo in the loo a handful of nickles than hire somebody from their own country to do the job.

>inb4 entitled millennial

I wont deny there are many millennial that are absolutely delusional after leaving college. Yet, it is true that finding a good stable job with the opportunity to move up the industry ladder is very difficult for millennial. Most companies refuse to hire anyone that doesn't have a gorillion years of experience or wants to work for less than minimum wage.

Ditto on having to change with the times. I myself am dabbling in entrepreneurship. fuck the rat race.
I would rather be my own boss.

I feel bad that some of my coworkers have degrees. I don't even have my GED and get paid fairly given a decades worth of annual wage increases to $14/hr.

While I hate most millennials this is pretty much the real issue.

Well that and colleges actively pushing worthless degrees but even kids with good degrees are struggling to get jobs.

I've been thinking about doing this, I have programming experience and think it would be cool to start some software company. Have no idea what kind of services I'd sell though.
It's just a way of saying "hey guys check this out, doesn't this look good?"
Same way someone would like to show friends anything else they've made.

How? I have my GED and make 9 an hour washing dishes at a fucking sushi restaurant

>a decades worth of annual wage increases

Haven't been to college but every part time job I've had was with college graduates. Really makes ya think.

Suburbs are the best places to get jobs.
My local super market is looking to hire entry level people starting at 14 dollars an hour + benefits.

because a psychology, history, sociology, etc degrees do not provide you with any actual skills or knowledge to do anything useful in workplace other than deliver sandwiches to tables like a fucking monkey retard

Why don't you faggots serve 4 years in the military, get the experience, education, and life skills you need to be marketable, THEN get a career?
Why do you expect a 50k salary job right out of college? A piece of paper that says you know how to take tests doesn't make you valuable.

Well rounded person meme.

Why do you keep posting this ugly bitch?

Can someone give me a basic gestalt on this girl and why should is posted here so much?

Or

>confess to me your sins, my child

Same.

Went to private school. Went to college. Couldn't get good work. Ended up at walmart stocking shelves overnight. worked my way up to assistant and make 52k a year but it is misery. No energy, nothing but stress, feel like I'm going to get fired and lose my house (which I live in alone with my dog), no consistent schedule, 50 hour work weeks minimum. I feel for a lot of my workers, but to be honest, a LOT of them are absolute dishonest human trash. Some are great (promoted like 9 ppl to salaried management that are making triple what they used to and that feels good). But for the most part, people have no work ethic or integrity. Which is a shame, if they had it they'd do much better financially...or at least would have easier jobs.

My resume is excellent. Have had teams that are among the best in the industry in some areas...but I can NOT get work anywhere else. I'm stuck. And with them getting rid of like half of our co-managers, shit's about to get worse.

For real. If you get into some areas like service tech, grocery dept. manager, or support manager you can make 40k+ after a decade of work. It's just hell and your success depends largely on your store and chance.

Because fucking EVERYBODY gets to go to college now. It's fucked up everything. College degree's means jack shit now days overall. Thank god I got out in early 2000's.

yeah, typing some lines of code is completely unreasonable and back breaking cuckery

>be me
>go to school for accounting
>play on schools tennis team
years
>graduate
>can't get accounting job
>teaching tennis at country club/reffing tournaments
>work 10 hours per day 4-6 days per week
>take him 120k

Not bad desu. Wish my parents would stop giving me shit tho about not having a real job.

>It's not cuckery
Start your own company fool, you are literally getting used by corporate. The code you create isn't even yours, they lay claim to it. Your giving you time, your labor, and your code over to people who will eventually fire your ass because Pajeet can write so-and-so code in half the time and a quarter of the cost.

>slaves need algebra skills
hhhooooooooo

>you are literally getting used by corporate
yeah, it literally works the other way around

stealfromwork.crimethinc.com/

>Pajeet can write so-and-so code in half the time and a quarter of the cost
i don't write java and my job requires you to be a citizen of this country due to the nature of the work

Has to be the same person, or maybe the same bot.

If you put "millennial" in there it guarantees responses. Probably just chose that girl as a millennial stereotype. Or maybe she's his waifu desu.

>It's just hell and your success depends largely on your store and chance.
We had a hourly supervisor quit after 7 or so years. He was the rare case of being promoted on overnights, which I can count on one hand the amount of people have been anything but a stocker.

Every time is there some sort of regime change at the store manager level, a number of management just up and quit. I don't like getting involved in the higher-ups and the drama associated with management. I just know if it's anything but good news it's going to be here taken out on us people at the bottom.

I don't have much else in life and am seriously fucked if I lose this job for any reason. I work 5-7 hours a week for free because I need to stay employed by all means.

I hope you escape soon, because yours truly can't.

Enjoy getting your ass sued for breaking NDA clauses and giving out company intellectual property to others without your bosses permission stupid cuck.

Because of H-1B visas

moar pics now of her

>boomers in all the good jobs
>millennials bitch boomers wont die yet as they stock shelves
>teens mad millennials got all the good shelf stocking jobs as they mow lawns
>mexicans... w-where did all the illegals go?

yeah, this doesn't happen
ever
i've been riding this gravy train for 18 years now

Because the good jobs are taken by older more experienced people, and the starter jobs are outsourced to immigrants who don't merit a high wage.
Also, women in the workforce. Get them out of the workforce and see the wages rise, assuming the beta cucked men have the balls to demand them.
Then leverage your way out of welfare programmes so you can lower taxes and presto, people get to keep more of what they earn, spend more of it, thus raising demand for which the supply must grow = more jobs.

I'm going to laugh my ass off on the day that your retarded ass gets sued.

Baker is a cool job

Because they take things like Gender Studies, which does fuck-all to help one get a legitimate career.
These days any idiot can go to, and graduate from, college- and the idiots sure do so.

>implying thats not a guy

>Why do millennials take low wage jobs after college which high school students should be doing?

Because careers are commitments, and people aren't always comfortable submitting to a mundane middle class existence.
By doing a "day job" they actually keep their dreams alive because they "don't want to do this forever".

Oddly enough, they aren't like this because they are losers, they are like this because they are winners.
The real clowns are the ones who think that they are the shit because they landed a career that virtually any White millennial could do.

People that don't have dreams, don't understand dreamers and the additional pressures dreamers have in their life, because these people long for nothing more than the low hanging fruit.
For a dreamer, they always live under the shadow of fear of losing that which "could have been".

I wouldn't be so quick to bash millennials, their potential IS great, and their problems ARE real.
A lot of this millennial bashing is disturbingly anti White in nature, as it often takes the form of bashing people who's only crimes are having ambition and coming from a non-shit society.

bots, user, using triggerwords and triggerpics
other than that, I slept with a married woman this sunday. I cucked some guy knowingly and feels bad on hindsight

So that Baby Boomers can do the hard work of making sure their degenerate sexual fantasies are fulfilled. It's expensive to convince hundreds of millions of people that trannies aren't just a subtype of schizophrenia.

Millennials are used as a cheap source of labor, but they should be used a cheap source of ideas and labor.

Why do companies ask for a 20 year old to have 5 billion years of experience and 200 references just to wash dishes?

If you work 2 part time low level jobs you can easily scrape by if you're a single male with no debt or kids like me. It sounds like a lot of work but remember their low end jobs where I basically sit on my phone all day on twitter or on here, I don't take either seriously and can leave when ever I want. Also one is in a restaurant so I eat and drink for free and get alcohol for free sometimes. I don't see myself getting a "career" type job for awhile, sounds like hell to me.

They want to see how resourceful you are at making up lies.

>We had a hourly supervisor quit after 7 or so years. He was the rare case of being promoted on overnights, which I can count on one hand the amount of people have been anything but a stocker.

Just bad luck tbqhfamalam. I was promoted from overnghts. I've seen maybe half a dozen hourlys from o/n go to hourly management and had a few of my hourly o/n managers move on to salaried. overnights is actually a good place to move up from. You get a knowledge of merch for total store and can focus on merchandising or even front end shit without having to deal with customers all the time.

Unless you are understaffed with a shitty cap2 team and are always struggling...then you'll always be behind the 8ball and won't have a chance to learn.

>Every time is there some sort of regime change at the store manager level, a number of management just up and quit.

Saw this. Usually SM's get complacent with their literal 250k/year job. Cos and ASM's get complacent. And some district manager gets moved in to clean up a market (where a district manager got complacent with their literal 400k/year job). He'll bring in a hardass who will expect real standard changes overnights and cos and asms say 'lol fuck actually having to work I'm out. I once saw a 105million dollar supercenter lose ALL of its co and asm's except one in a five months period. Granted, they did jack shit and should've been out, but it's always a tough transition.

Because it's all there is

So they can hire an immigrant as no one is qualified.

I got a math degree.
>Grad school into professorship.
Why chain myself to a pseudo-intellectual leftie campus for 5 year or longer?
>Software engineering
I got a few offers. Visited their offices. HR pushes PC and inclusivity so far up everyone's asses that the money isn't worth it. I know multiple people who got fired from such jobs for saying un-PC things.
>Actuarial Work
This is the best option. I really considered this one. But then I realized that my living costs are under $600/month and the only reason I would need more was to raise a family. But none of the girls I meet are interested in raising families. So I'm working part-time at a stress-free low-paying job and dedicating the rest of my time into converting my girlfriend into family- and tradition-loving wife material. If I succeed I will then dedicate my time to finding a suitable career. Don't want to put the cart before the horse here.

Good points.

There is something very (((suspicious))) about some of these millennial bashing threads.
It takes on the form of anti-White sentiment I've noticed, it also seems to bash middle class White people for sucking up their pride and doing the jobs that "nobody else wants to do".

Strange isn't it? It's almost like (((someone))) doesn't like the fact that this economic trend will make white countries more self sufficient and destroy one of the big reasons for supporting mass immigration.

(((WE NEED THEM BECAUSE THEY DO THE LOW PAID JOBS!)))
(((WE MUST ACCEPT IMMIGRATION!)))

*White millennials start doing low paid grunt work*

(((FUCKING STUPID MILLENNIAL LOSERS WITH NO AMBITION, YOU'RE SO FUCKING LAZY, WHY AREN'T YOU A PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER FUCKING LOSER WHITE MILLENNIAL SCUM, YOU'RE SO LAZY, YOU SHOULD GET A FASHION DEGREE INSTEAD!)))

Very, very, very (((suspicious))) indeed.

> I don't like getting involved in the higher-ups and the drama associated with management. I just know if it's anything but good news it's going to be here taken out on us people at the bottom.

Coming from the other side, I disagree. I worked in Canada and saw changes start. It started by HALF of our district managers getting straight up fired and the remaining half get their work loads doubled. TONS of corporate guys got fired. 1/4th of store managers were fired or 'relocated' (soft firings). The company usually starts at corporate and mid level corporate management. Then they clean out store managers. Right now there's a push to reduce turnover. It is legit HARD to fire people right now for anything other than gross misconduct or attendance. now lower level managers are on the chopping block hard with half of our comanager positions disappearing.

>I don't have much else in life and am seriously fucked if I lose this job for any reason. I work 5-7 hours a week for free because I need to stay employed by all means.

You work in a shit store bro. Any manager who does that is straight up risking their job (as are you). Home office *will* guillotine ppl for working off the clock or allowing working off the clock. You run a box cutter across your knuckles while working for free and all fucking hell will break loose. Look at transferring. Get to a store with a storemanager who has been in a store for a long time (preferably one with a 30 year badge), who has managers who have worked for him for a long time, and which has a high engagement score. Go there, it's a different world. It's also easier to move up from a stable store if you are interested in making a little extra cash for a little extra stress.

I took what I thought would be a good degree, which was chemistry. It is my fault for not doing better research.

I'm stuck essentially doing brain dead tech jobs that should be filled by a highschool grad for barely over minimum wage, perpetually on contract. Instead I work at a golf course mowing lawns and such for more money and a permanent job. I'm now looking to be a server at a restaurant. My friends who dropped out average, no joke, over 30 an hour after tips so a lot of that is even tax free.

A bachelor's isn't really worth anything anymore outside of a few select fields. Even a lot of engineers have a hard time finding work when graduating

there's actually videos on jewtube of lawyers explaining to company execs how to write job requirements so that all citizen applicants can be deemed "unqualified" in an effort to get the company's H1B cap raised so they can hire more pajeets

t. never worked anything above minimum wage in his life

Because it's ironic.

Fun fact: Even if every single high school student in the country got a full time job in the service industry, while still in school, we would still have millions of service jobs unfilled and people from outside of that group would need to take them.