Seriously, what is the pragmatic purpose of a national culture...

Seriously, what is the pragmatic purpose of a national culture? It just seems like an utter waste of resources having holidays, parades, or other festivities related to your culture. Resources that could be spent building up your nation with industry and technology.

Not to mention culture can make the society more inefficient by its enforced collective behavior. One strong example is keeping women out of the workforce, willingly pressuring 1/2 of the population to not offer their skills to the society and instead care for children. Imagine how much more productive a society could be with all its adult population working, and the children focusing more on their education since their parents aren't there with them.

A society that chooses to reject these decadent ideas of cultural holidays and celebrations and the inefficient behavior enforced by culture, will be powerful. They will have more resources to spare creating more factories, more food, more medicine, more science, and more of their arsenal.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/acidjazzsinger/?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nationalism is for queers who never did anything themselves

>Seriously, what is the pragmatic purpose of a national culture? It just seems like an utter waste of resources having holidays, parades, or other festivities related to your culture.

That shit is fun you ape.

What chromosomes does it have?

tldr
who's this qt

XX. I think this is her:
instagram.com/acidjazzsinger/?hl=en

>That elf cosplay

Thank you user. Thank You.

it's a woman, i call tell by her feet pictures

look at the difference between Hurricane Katrina and the earthquake/tsunami that destroyed Fukushima, and you can clearly see the difference between a society with a national identity and a multicultural shit hole infested with niggers

High social trust and cohesion is the only way society can function. Right now, the west has neither and that's why it's on course for be replaced by African/Indian/Chinese culture and people within a century.

Ironic that a commie would be bitching about how useless nationalism is when the Eastern Bloc countries were infinitely more nationalistic than the west is now and actually focused on it pretty heavily. I'd ask you to explain why you think they bothered maintaining this high degree of order and patriotism in obvious contrast to marxist theory, but I think you already know the answer.

Then there's this retard.

So you want to live like the chinese? Only purpose in life is production?

Having people dedicated to certain aspects of society is way more valuable than everybody joining the workforce.

Educating children and creating a good enviorement to call home is one of the best services you can give to society.

>It just seems like an utter waste of resources having holidays, parades, or other festivities related to your culture. Resources that could be spent building up your nation with industry and technology
Even though the resources used for national and cultural events are not interchangeable with those used for say, mass manufacturing or scientific research. Cancelling a parade isn't going to somehow make your scientists construct a rocket any faster.

Idiot.

>Not to mention culture can make the society more inefficient by its enforced collective behavior
Because nothing says "efficient" like every person having a vastly different and oftentimes oppositional opinion on nearly every issue. Complete breakdown of societal cohesion and lack of cooperation is actually progress somehow.

>strong example is keeping women out of the workforce, willingly pressuring 1/2 of the population to not offer their skills to the society and instead care for children
Children need to be cared for. It's a proven fact that babies seperated from their mothers for more than twenty hours per week show the same physiological signs as babies who are abandoned. This sends them into survival mode and stunts their development. You'd save more productivity in the long run by not creating an entire generation of daycare babies by needlessly forcing their unskilled mothers into the workforce rather than have them stay at home. There's also the fact that women tend to be less intelligent than men in general and that sexual tension in the workplace has proven to significantly lower productivity.

>what is the pragmatic purpose of a common means of interacting with others and the world around you
Oh gee, just about fucking everything. Go live like a Marxbot somewhere else.

An international culture is inevitable. Sup Forums has a big problem with Hillary/Soros et al. the same way that anti-Zionist Jews have with Israel. They are both trending towards an international culture, but don't want to rush it. It's the same way that lawless Africa was carved up in the 1800s, and how the USSR was divided among oligarchs in the 1980s. There is no solid international law, so if you rush and build one now and convince everyone that it's the natural order, you can set the rules your own way.

Posters on Sup Forums are genuinely diverse in international origin and opinion. Having free and open forums for discussion such as these is how the true international culture will develop, not based on a legalistic attempt to define vectors of success for the opportunistic.

Also, with a system that is pragmatically a group of nations interacting with each other: it doesn't work for one nation to altruistically adopt a position of charity and egalitarianism with no obligation from the benefiting members of other nations to adhere to the same altruistic principles rather than practicing their own in-preference.

>An international culture is inevitable
See: Things Romans circa 450 AD told themselves 20 years before getting gangraped by Germanics

So you don't have to make your own decisions.

People are scared of thinking. People are scared of making choices.

It helps people lead satisfying, non-materialistic lives. I know that's something commies have a hard time understanding but take my word for it.

A system of independent nationalistic states is a pragmatic necessity for the foreseeable future. While that's the system, that's how everyone should operate. But to do it with the wasteful self-importance and pomp and circumstance that it so often comes with is an obscenity. Progressives who try to predict the future and force it into the present are only encouraging conflict and are dangerous to the civilians of all nations.

If men and women work, you have 2x the workforce, that does not mean 2x the amount of quality jobs.

Communism in Russia or China, to give everyone a job, they created million of "no jobs",
>Look after this elevator door
>instead of fixing this machine, lets put 3 more people to make it work kind of ok
In Russia they still have a lot of such jobs.

Women at work when they have kids, just mean someone else employed to take care of them, so a stranger is now in charge of the education of your kids earing about the same that you do by working outside. Net gain = shitty parenthood

No national culture, means you go to France and they have a Wallmart with a Mcdonalds, people speak english, dress the same, and have the same interests. Why travel?

Creativity thinking outside the box and all that crap. Language and culture make people think in different ways.
Europe and US (thx to high qualification migrants i.e. silicon valley) have produced most of the advances in the world solving most of the problems in the world.
Meanwhile China with his 95% han with most people speaking the 2 mayor languages is only good at replicating what others have invented.

>holidays, parades, or other festivities
Those things create a sense of meaning and unity among people. We celebrate the same things because we get along and trust each other. These things also motivate the population to work harder and make their country better. As a communist, surely you should know this at the very least. Commies were excellent at propaganda.

You can have international discussions and exchanges of ideas without wanting your own country to change. I have learned more about other countries and talked with more foreigners than both of my parents combined due to the internet, but I do not want American culture to be replaced by an "international" culture.

>willingly pressuring 1/2 of the population to not offer their skills to the society and instead care for children.

Why would I wany the state to raise my children? I love being an aristocrat and earning enough money to have my wife at home raising the children.

Because it turns out that in the same way that a worker's productivity increases from taking multiple breaks throughout their shift, same does it increase by having holidays.

go back to Sup Forums or /r9k/ you fucking faggot 14yo

you have much to learn about nationalism. Culture is not require force to be created, that would be imperialism not nationalism, such as forced integration. A nation is a people and their culture is the reflection of how a group has developed to survive in their given environment. You can't-not have a culture no matter how atomized, isolated, and disconnected you are. Your argument is invalid as if more culture equals less of these things which the Third Reich is proof that it is not. That is exactly the neoliberal way of thinking that everyone with common sense is rejecting.

The world is ending around us, culture is all we have. Even the Soviets appreciated their Russian (and other) culture.

Seriously, what is the pragmatic purpose of having fun? It seems like an utter waste doing anything else besides working and drinking soylent.

Isn't that the most efficent way to run a country?

/thread

>Saying that the East was good

Fuck you burger. If you think it's good just because it's more Conservative then why don't you go to a country like Afghanistan?

THE GAIER...

>I have learned more about other countries and talked with more foreigners than both of my parents combined due to the internet

That is a developing international culture that is having an impact on the way you think and act. That is the degree to which the international culture exists, and to attempt to force a progression towards a different form of an international culture has no justification for the intrusion into the lives of individuals it causes. In that way I mean that the progressive agenda is a pretender to the emergent international culture.

It's a subjective value judgement to find the line, but there's a distinction between modest fun and enjoyment and egregiously wasteful spending on luxuries by those in charge of allocating resources in a society.

social cohesion, happiness. something a marxist wouldn't understand.

How does the value of social cohesion integrate with the needs of a society to preserve the liberty of individuals in their thrall? I can see how it has a practical use, but I don't see how it can be held as a primary priority of a society that values liberty.

Merely interacting with foreigners does not constitute a culture.

Social heterogeneity has would encourage disparate groups to form and seek to dominate each other generally using the state as their primary weapon.

>pragmatic purpose
We dont need a pragmatic purpose. There's no pragmatic purpose to falling in love, there's no pragmatic purpose to cooking a complicated dish instead of just having a basic meal, there's no pragmatic purpose to listening to music or enjoying poetry. It just feels good or it feels right. The way i feel for this land and it's people came to me naturally i didnt ask for things to be this way. I guess it comes from studying history and our culture. i see the fruits of my ancestor's labours, i think of what my grandad and his friends endured during the war and feel a deep rooted obligation for it to not be in vain. I want to create a country they would be proud of and that i want my children to live in

That is the best i can put it into words

This is going to sound reductionist and maybe it is.
The degree to which you as a market participant, personally, are willing to go outside and participate in economic activity matters to the economy as a whole. The quality of life of millions of people matters to the economy.

A multi-kulti internationalist crime ridden shithole where there is no trust or social cohesion is not a recipe for happiness nor economic success. And this is what you get with international multiculturalism. You don't get productive workers when they have to worry if their house is going to be burgled when they leave their homes to go to work. You don't get economic activity when people are driven from their neighbourhoods, or afraid to go out at night.

If you threw in cancelling pride parades you might have almost had a respectable point, but you would oppose it because faggotry isn't nationlistic.

As much of one as can be allowed without unwarranted intrusions on individual liberties.
This is why the progressive push for unilateral practice of egalitarian policies isn't viable and will only increase conflict.

So everyone should be a drone, I get it. Why not make aways with names too? Numbers would be a lot more efficient, right? A good communist would agree with this.

Pooooost!!

you can only enjoy life at the mandated communist celebration day

Materialism and obsession with productivity is retarded. Efficiency is not a good goal, it is an optional tool.

Obviously pride parades wouldn't be included, as it it's a decadent waste of resources reinforcing the idea of cohesion within only groups of your kind of people, excluding others outside your group within the nation. This would lead to less cooperation since everyone is containing themselves within tiny bubbles of interaction, and so less economic strength.