Christian General: Redemptorist edition

“O foolish ones of the world, says St. Augustine, miserable creatures, where are you going to satisfy your hearts? Come to Jesus; for by Him alone can that pleasure which you seek be bestowed. ‘Unhappy creatures, whither are you going? The good you seek for comes from Him.’ My soul, be not of the number of these foolish ones; seek God alone: ‘seek for that one good in which are all good things.’ And if thou desirest soon to find Him, behold, He is close to thee; tell Him what thou desirest, for for this end it is that He is in the ciborium, to console thee, and to grant thy prayer.” St. Alphonsus Liguori

youtube.com/watch?v=rpSnEMjKKqo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4a3EABK4Ffs
youtube.com/watch?v=8RTUdlS-ccw
youtube.com/watch?v=LIvLWzzyTAI
youtube.com/watch?v=RwFYUJb03d0
youtube.com/watch?v=59QIdXEbptM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=4a3EABK4Ffs

Saint-George bump.

if you're a Sup Forumslack christian

you need to be on the dedicated christian board:

8 ch net /christian/

okay; thankyou

>it's another "give you life unto the spooks" episode

I prefer to proselytise than be limited to a containment board. Catholicism on Sup Forums has touched so many viewers lives and caused them to convert. I was one such convert

The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

youtube.com/watch?v=8RTUdlS-ccw

Gregorian Chants

432 hz. Don't kill your ears.

Reminder to all that the church with its catholicity (universal wholeness) exists with each bishop. The church can be split into many pieces and still remain whole and universal for the body of Christ cannot be split. If you are confused about denomination or scared you are in the wrong church, just look to your bishop. If you do not have a bishop then you are not apart of the church. Not all bishops are actually bishops: Anglican bishops aren't valid as they removed the sacrament of ordination long ago and made it merely symbolic. Only roman, eastern, oriental and Assyrian bishops are valid. That is where the church is

Fuck off to Sup Forums if you want to make these threads
Your religion has nothing to do with politics, and if you do you would need to share the communist thread since your entire religion is based on communism being injected into string European capitalist based values
>There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Gal. 3:28

Also if you're going to ignore what I say at least stop shilling your thread in other threads. If it's worth a shit people will come in if not it will die on the vine. We don't need you shitting up other threads to shill for your circlejerk

>We

A theocracy is a political system Cletus.

Religion is politics. Catholicism is the greatest political system in existence : theocracy

Sharing is communism?

Then this thread is about Sup Forumsitics.

>voluntary generosity is the same as state coerced equal distribution

youtube.com/watch?v=LIvLWzzyTAI

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

christians are NOT WELCOME on Sup Forums

Art bump.

youtube.com/watch?v=RwFYUJb03d0

marvelous

Don't forget to hide these tools:
4chanX:
Settings --> Filter --> (dropdown) --> Subject
paste:
/(Catholic|Christian|Orthodox?y) General/i;boards:pol;

You can thank me later...

Have a rare Library.

Do you go to church?

I'm thinking about turning into a deacon. Is it a good idea?

Brothers in the faith. Let us humbly work in the expansion of the message of Christ wherever we may have occasion. Equally we must leave clues that allow our brothers to question the direction that our societies have taken. If you try to give them the pill by force, they will reject it. They must find it by themselves.

I love that goofy-looking scorpion.

I'm a recent convert. I went to church for the first time in a long time.

Serving as a deacon is an honor. Do you have commitment for it?

yes. i prayed the rosary all the days of my life since my teen years, and still praying.

Mafra's Cathedral Library

The light. Magnificent; this is where we stand.

go for it

youtube.com/watch?v=59QIdXEbptM

uhm so hello there, how are you guys doing, peace be with you!
A Polish and a German friend of mine just returned from their pilgrimage to Spain.
Even though I'm not very religious anymore their insides and experiences were quite curious.
Somehow they inspired me taking on my belief back again.
Any advice on how to be a good Christian even when sceptical?
And when will we deal with the Muzzie problem in our homelands?

Peace be with you.

Pray to him, talk to him. At first it is only a form of introspection. A meditation with yourself. This is the way to rescue a soul that is too weak to ask you to pray. Do it every day.

Once you have rescued your communication with your most authentic self, faith grows and becomes strong. You have to water and care of the seed for quite some time. Later it becomes deeply rooted in you.

Everyone has a spark of God.

And little by little it is growing.

Very wise words.
This indeed fits right into the perceiption/interpretarion of faith and especially Christianity which I did and possibly still believe in!
My dilemma is that I'm a scientist occupied with research. The people surrounding me are very agnostic, so to speak.
Yet always as a Greek-Orthodox I had a very differing view on the subject, even though that agnostic mindset set roots in me as well.
It's part of the profession, I guess. However, funnily enough, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz the lutherian Christ found it absolutely non-conflicting with his faith to solve the riddles of nature.
In fact he said by doing so, you are coming closer to good and gain a deeper inside on his creation!

?

*God

>Everyone has a spark of God.
always one of my key beliefs in order to be a good and social human.
But how should we deal with the evil, the intolerant and the threatening?

by all means stay here
but its important to have a homebase to grow in knowledge

In a way, Science is the method through which we can better understand the Creation of God. There's nothing inherently conflicting in being a man of science and a religious person, except in the minds of militant atheists.

Many of the greatest scientists were also very religious, when they weren't men of the cloth themselves. In fact, the Church is one of the reasons so much Classical knowledge survived the centuries and was translated into modern languages.

"The origin of the all-mechanical escapement clock is unknown; the first such devices may have been invented and used in monasteries to toll a bell that called the monks to prayers. The first mechanical clocks to which clear references exist were large, weight-driven machines fitted into towers and known today as turret clocks. These early devices struck only the hours and did not have hands or a dial. The oldest surviving clock in England is that at Salisbury Cathedral, which dates from 1386. A clock erected at Rouen, France, in 1389 is still extant ,and one built for Wells Cathedral in England is preserved in the Science Museum in London."

It is true. It remains a matter of one's personal belief though.
The progress in science allowed us to explain more and more of the things religions needed some divine intervention before.
Our models work astonishing well for the last 13 billion years. But whatever was "before" is and will probably never be in our reach of understanding.
Philosophy also did its contributions to the matter of ethics, moral and living together.
All of this shouldn't prevent a good Christian to extract the core message of the Bible and the life of Jesus Christ, right?
In a way I'm like Kant and seek to establish the heaven on earth.

How can you HATE JEWS yet worship the King of Israel Jesus christ?

We have collected together extracts from the Law and the Prophets relating to those things which have Been declared concerning our Lord Jesus Christ, that we may prove to your love that this Being is perfect reason, the Word of God; He who was begotten before the light; He who is Creator together with the Father; He who is the Fashioner of man; He who is all in all; He who among the patriarchs is Patriarch; He who in the law is the Law; among the priests, Chief Priest; among kings, the Ruler; among prophets, the Prophet; among the angels, Archangel; in the voice of the preacher, the Word; among spirits, the Spirit; in the Father, the Son; in God, God; King for ever and ever.

-- Saint Melito of Sardis, 2nd Century AD

How can anyone be Christian after the Dark Ages? Are you cucks even aware that your ancestors were pagan and were slaughtered in the hundreds of millions by people like Karl the Butcher / Charlemagne?

Based LARPagans.

Truly based.

>We wuz kangz who worshipped treez an sheet!

>"I just don't understand, how could people ever be retarded enough to throw their own children into furnaces, worship trees, dance naked around fires, and pray to animal statues?"
>see the things "pagans" say and do in the year of our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth the Messiah two thousand seventeen

Give thanks, for without Almighty God we are truly nothing more than a laughable parody of ourselves.

death penalty for sodomites

Just ordered my first cross necklace online, had some wood rosaries in high school when I was trying to get into Christianity but never went full christpill, now I'm a true believer.

Stay faithful my brothers and sisters, and any advice for a new Christian? I legit just have a gideons bible that I read every day, I watch live stream Mass and am deciding on a Church in my area.