Should we have a plebiscite on marriage equality?

Should we have a plebiscite on marriage equality?

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2016-06-22/election-2016-vote-compass-same-sex-marriage/7520478
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

you know it's mainly the British immigrants that are pro gay marriage right?
the chinks and pajeets dont like faggots.
we should ban British immigrants

Fuck gay marriage. There needs to be a referendum for a constitutional change in regards to immigration and constitutional right to free speach. I honestly couldnt give a fuck about fags getting married, theyre wasting time on this while hordes of shitskins flood the country.

>I don't really care about guns but I want them banned.

Said nobody ever.

>I don't really care about gays but I want gay marriage to stay banned.

only so all the faggots can see how much of the nation thinks they're fucked

>Marriage equality
Gay men have the same right to marry a women that anyone else does.

No because we would probably lose

Fuck no it's a waste of money

>census reveals 24 million population
>only 46,000 gay couples out of all of that
>only 1300 transgender people out of all of that

Lose you mean not get gay marriage or it would happen despite your wishes?

FUTURE AUSTRALIAN PM

No, should just legalise it.
It's fucking stupid to have to as an election issue.

Yes so it can come up NO and the government will still legalize it waking people up that democracy is a joke.

I thought china wasn't a democracy?

You should ask communist party for permission. With education and accept their decision.

Where do you think you are?

Fags would win and that is bad.

Most people seem to think the left was quashing the possibility because they felt if it were up to a public vote, gay marriage would NOT pass so I am interested to hear such an opinion.

Faggots won't win thats why they want to just push it through the government without a vote dumb dumb head

>constitutional change
China's constitution seems pretty solid.

Literally nobody gives a fuck about faggot rights but we should have a plebiscite on it because if nothing else, it'll at least delay it. I understand why people think that it's a waste of money but if fag marriage is legalized the left wing agenda will move on to something else and we'll just be conceding to them because "I don't really care and it doesn't affect me so let's just give them what they want".

Yes. Labor had the opportunity to actually push for one but they didn't want it because they knew they'd get BTFO.

Like i said, i dont care if fags get married or not, its a non issue for me.

Not correct.
abc.net.au/news/2016-06-22/election-2016-vote-compass-same-sex-marriage/7520478

How about no.
Not sure if this is true or not but apparently the only country to actually vote for gay marriage was Ireland.

>Citing ABC as a source

Seems unlikely when you look at some of the conservative European countries that have had a vote on it and it passed.

>Polling ABC users

Then why has Labor, who campaign for gay marriage, consistently blocked efforts to organize a plebiscite?

Surveyed more than 1% of the population

>Polling ABC users
>just making shit up online
????

Because the Liberals are doing it

Labor have tried to block the Liberals passing the fucking education funding that they started in the first palce.

no, its a waste of money. just let any one person marry any other one person they want, who gives a shit. frankly i think anyone who is anti-gay for no other reason than "muh degenceracy" is just projecting.

It's a waste of money, undemocratic, and encourages religious organisations to promote hate speech and the denial of human rights.

>Survey inner city Melbourne
>More than 1% the population
>Get biased results

It seems to me nobody actually gives a fuck about these faggots except your typical inner city Melbourne/Sydney rich kids. My younger brother told me they tried doing a diverse range of topics in English about euthanasia, gay couples, and some other crap. And without surprise the kids picked all the other topics instead of the gay couple one.

Abso-fucking-lutely. The fag advocates have burned so many bridges that the tears would almost make me forget we're being swamped by chinks

Nobody really gives a fuck. Most people would just vote "no" because they're irritated by obnoxious fags rather than any particular objection to it.

bullshit. you fat incels dont know shit. support for gay marriage is wide spread, easily over 90%. and its only going to get higher as the old cunts die off and double digit iq retards like yourself kill yourselves accidentally

>ignoring reality to push your agenda
wew lads.

>It seems to me nobody actually gives a fuck about these faggots except your typical inner city Melbourne/Sydney rich kids
And you.

Then stop obstructing the plebiscite and prove it shill faggot.

>easily over 90%.
The ABC can only find 56% of people who support it
let that sink in

I think it would probably pass, but you poll is still BS

Why do you want a plebiscite?
We're elected people to govern.
Now they're refusing to do their own job.

If they really wanted to "put it to the people" it'd be a referendum, not a plebiscite.

But they don't, because Australia is a catholic country, not a secular one.

spoilers: the faggots are more obnoxious when they feel justified in being obnoxious at you.
If you don't want to hear about a subject any more let it go away.

Haven't heard any gay marriage bullshit in the US since it passed.

>I think it would probably pass, but you poll is still BS
Why?

plebiscite or it's completely off the table desu

they also have legal recognition through civil unions if they want to officially shack up with another bloke

all this faggot marriage shit gives them is the title because it's not enough to have legal equality, they have to shit on the traditional thing too

Anglican*

We don't have any gay marriage bullshit here to begin with. Even our lefties don't give a fuck for the most part. The only place that pushes it is the ABC which is based mostly out of Melbourne, and even they are losing support because fags are bailing out of Melbourne by the bucket load now that it's overrun with Sud muslims.

Because its a survey of people who use the ABC website
ie: greenie faggots

Labor only care about faggots when in opposition

Six years in power and it didn't happen. It won't happen even if they get another six years - it'll get screeched about by useful idiots during an election campaign but they'll drop it like a hot rock (or a union corruption inquiry) the moment they seize power

>But they don't, because Australia is a catholic country, not a secular one.

I fucking wish. I'm considering seriously starting a Catholic Social Party to purge degenerates and zionists from the government

That's pretty true, no one actually cares whether they marry or not, just the precedent it will set.

>easily over 90%
this is the same shit the climate cucks use

"all my mates agree with me, it must be true"

>it'd be a referendum, not a plebiscite
No it wouldn't. Typical melburnite sodomite not knowing the difference.

>the ABC which is based mostly out of Melbourne
Isn't the vast majority of the ABC based in Shitney?

Pozzbourne is home to SBS though

>Referendums in Australia are polls held in Australia to approve Parliament-proposed changes to the Australian Constitution or a state or territory. Non-binding polls are usually referred to as plebiscites.

Do you have a differing definition?

Same difference. Both the cities and the channels.

Don't do it cunt. Look at my country or canada. You give them an inch and they charge full speed ahead. It will cuck and subvert the general population so that they will always conform to the demands of the mentally ill.

No, that definition is perfect. But the Marriage Act isn't part of the constitution now is it?

this and this

>semantics
wew lads

No. I just want it to go away. It's just a political football. The left threw gays off the roof when they were no longer needed and the "right" (if there is a right in Australia) just don't care but are over gays being gay about everything. I would vote no out of spite.

No. I just want it to go away. It's just a political football. The left threw gays off the roof when they were no longer needed and the "right" (if there is a right in Australia) just don't care but are over gays being gay about everything. I would vote no out of spite.

We had already in 2013.

Isn't semantics literally all that matters in legal decisions?

>Being this ignorant of legislative processes
wew (you)

Let me guess, never left Melbourne? Come up here to God's country and spout that shit and you might end making a terrible choice to go swimming in a croc infested river...never to be seen again.

Stupid southeners. You do not represent Australia.

Going off the statistics available to me at this point in time:

>46,000 gay couples
>52% of couple in Australia are married
>assuming gays want to get married at the same rate, 24,000 gay couples would want to get married
>48,000 adults
>0.2% of the population

We're still allowing ourselves to be distracted by it. Another fun fact: more divorces were granted in 2015 alone than there are total gay couples in Australia.

wew

crikey two bogan shackle-draggers havin a tiff

>Gay
>Marriage

Pick one.
Definitions matter

Abolish marriage altogether.
Let ppl live together freely.
If u want some ceremonies, just do so.

Why is that so hard to get.
obviously, the religion called statism is sheer cancer. It affects ppls brains very negatively as we can witness there...

Fuck no

Keep the fags at bay mate.

Its bad enough we let the mudslime leftist scum enablers and chinese here

(((Educated))) bogan detected

>Translation; oi cunt, fucking come ere n say that faggot!

I'm friends with some poofs, they all seemed to say the same thing; "fuck gay marriage. I don't want it, why are they trying to legislate what goes on in my pants"

Proved to me at least that the only people who cared about it were indoctrinated uni lefties, or cucks for short.

Studies show that over 90% of Australians support marriage equality so there is no need for a public vote that would decide the issue once and for all. Imagine if we had a plebiscite and Russia hacked it and made it look like the majority of Australians are racist bigots, I'd rather trust the (((government))) to make this decision for us

It can be changed. It will.
The church changes it's stances repeatedly throughout history to stay relevant as do populations and cultures.
You're seeing that process right now.

Sure people can change definitions. But then the thing they're defining becomes meaningless.

Why do you care more about this than coal mining near the barrier reef, or that it's an Indian company doing said mining.

Why has this slide buzz topic hooked you so much?

yes, so they can stfu about it when we all vote no

the longer they hold off, more young brainwashed will vote yes when they are of voting age, and less old people will vote no because they are dead

My opposition to that mine is that it's an indian company mining coal for india.
Aussies should be mining it for Australia.

Fucking South Africa, Brazil and Argentina have gay marriage, it's an embarrassment how you aussies still don't have it as a first world country. Get your shit together.

Lol, you're an idiot.

>These 3rd world shitholes do a thing
Yeah great for them

>all issues are mutually exclusive
>you can't form an opinion on more than one subject at any given time
I'm impressed you were able to extrapolate my entire political ideology from all of two posts. That's a talent.

oops wrong pic

If even they are doing, Australia should absolutely do it. Gay marriage is a human right retard.

>Bag of CP
wew lads

t. two pedophiles projecting their flaws on others

Why not just let poofs get married, who does it harm, really?

Labor held a concious vote when Ruddy was in charge and they couldn't even get a majority yes vote then.

The majority of Australians are racist bigots.

And the increase in Indian and chinese immigrants from 2 countries that outlaw homosexuality will only decrease the chance of fag marriage being made legal.

>marriage equality
It always fascinates me to see the disinformation even in just the way a thing is described. Like "pro-choice" rather than the more appropriate "pro-child-murder" or "marriage equality" instead of the more appropriate "Fuck Christians".

Gays are lucky they're even tolerated. Marriage isn't a right and it's sure as fuck not something the queers deserve.

Spoiler: this poster is a faggot trying to trick you

Fag marriage is always the first step to ruin. Pretty soon they'll start complaining about their faggot cakes and demanding you allow grown men to shower with little girls. Just look at how bad America has become since it was legalised.

>Like "pro-choice" rather than the more appropriate "pro-child-murder" or "marriage equality" instead of the more appropriate "Fuck Christians".
Your religion doesn't own marriage, you're mentally ill.

>Gays are lucky they're even tolerated
Christcucks are lucky they're even tolerated

>Marriage isn't a right and it's sure as fuck not something the queers deserve.
It's not up for you to decide you little crybaby.

you equating science with social change tells me youre retarded. good day.

>a faggot telling me I'm "mentally ill"
Fucking lmao

>a faggot being against democracy
Shocker.

I can smell the AIDS on your breath from here. Go make like half of all gays and string yourself up.

Annoyingly 90% of Australians couldn't give a fuck, it's only the 5% on the extreme left and right who care yet this has been a political football for years with Labor talking about little else while in opposition yet conveniently forgetting to do anything when in power. Abbott had the perfect solution with a plebiscite passing the buck to the voters allowing the government to get on with running the country and putting the issue to bet once and for all. The Leftards who called for a public vote due to "overwhelming public support" suddenly got cold feet when Brexit and Trump proved that the (((polls))) couldn't be relied on and now the governing party could be literally split in half by this who gives a fuck issue

Why should we care what black countries do?

Society.

>Gay marriage is a human right
ahahahahahah
t. Cryptopedophile

It utterly corrodes society as a whole.

lets have the vote, the faggots will just keep losing.