What is wrong with this statement?

What is wrong with this statement?

Found on fb, shared thousands of times.

>human beings
why do leftists use this phrase? it's almost like they think we believe that they're not human.

It's true, but there's nothing wrong with any of those things.

Do you love your own family? Is that self inflated narcissism? Does loving your own family mean you hate people who aren't your family? Is it morally wrong to put your own family first?

keyword is narcissist drumpftard

>narcissism
Usually this would not include love of other people, but I guess you can swap the defenitiom around whenever you want to make s point.

Next they're going to be saying that loving your own family more than other people is problematic.

>tfw too narcissistic to put myself first so I serve my countrymen using the state as a proxy but it's okay because a self hating leftist used a word wrong so I was never a narcissist to begin with

It's almost like people care more about their family, friends, and community more than random nogs in africa that also have 23 chromosomes and a body temperature of 98.6 degrees.

u suck

>loving other people who are similar to you is the same thing as being dangerously deluded about your own personal qualities, which by the way are shit because you're a white person and all white people are evil

Same could be said of LGBT or black pride

Nationalism does not mean putting your race above others, it means respecting your own and respecting others.

Self-Centered libertarian here. I see every popular ideology as collectivism except the bottom-right

They've been saying that some the late 19th century. Rember that every time someone with a Bazbol flag wants to pretend they aren't degenerates.

The problem with this is it presumes that universal love of all people is a natural or inevitable condition, when in fact it's not. Nor is it the case that universal love of all people is chomping at the bit to happen-- just that pesky nationalism is stopping it.

People feel solidarity within the family unit, the tribal unit, that feudal unit, the national unit, etc. The wider the circle of solidarity, the more tenuous the relationship of the individual to the bigger unit.

In the current world, purveyors is memes like this shitty one only care about breaking down all lower-level solidarity (including family, of course) in order to create a homogenized mass population that will be malleable to global governance. Which will inevitably be awful shit.

Nationalism doesn't have to entail hatred to other peoples, any more than love is one's own family entails hatred of other families.

Do you love your family more than strangers? Same reason

Came here to say this.

this.

Who the fuck do libs thinking they're fooling? It's like tribalism is a bad thing to them

"Human Beings" is a buzzword now. Who the fuck cares if someone is "human?" Obviously someone is a human being but that doesn't mean they're entitled to all of the same privileges as some other random human being. Of course, none of this is relevant to nationalism since pretending other nations are inhuman is not a component of it.

We already know libs want to destroy the traditional family and turn us all into a collective, mindless mass.

Because leftists won't follow this logic as soon as the nation in question is brown, yellow, or native american

True but why is it bad? Saged

In lefty land, not sucking Akwami Kintabo's balls as he rapes your wife's ass is considered narcissistic behavior. I mean how could anyone possibly put their and their in-group's wants ahead of strangers' first? Outrageous.

"Black Lives Matter! DON'T SAY 'ALL LIVES MATTER,' YOU'RE DEFEATING THE PURPOSE! We want to focus on improving Black lives!"
>"'America First' is horrible and racist and exclusionist and you want to make all other countries poor and dead! Stop focusing on American lives and making us rich again!"

The cognitive dissonance is real.

People form groups for a reason. Humans are very varied. Being around people that are like you gives you less chance for conflict. Indians worship cows. Muslims hate pigs. Americans eat a lot of cows and pigs. If you think you could merge the populace of America, India, and Saudi Arabia and things would be perfectly fine if not for those dang dirty nationalists you're hilariously delusional. Preaching tolerance whilst condemning anyone that disagrees with you is one of the most annoying hypocrisies of the liberal dogma.

Ad hominem are not evidence.

please an hero immediately

nothing

There's a lot of drawbacks to both nationalism and capitalism, but they both work better than anything else.

>collective narcissism

So, they're just making up words now. "Collective" destroys the entire concept of what narcissism is.

You could continue this bullshit into an infinite regress.

>Continentism is and example of collective narcissism, since they don't care about other continents
>Global Humanitarianism is an example of collective narcissism, since they don't care about other species
>Earthism is an example of collective narcissism, since we don't care about potential life on other planets

They're just combining words together to make bullshit statements.

I could say that charity is one of many examples of mass nepotism.
Being together is one of many examples of collective loneliness.

This is fucking retarded, and whoever wrote this is retarded.

Why shouldn't I love where I come from?

Nationalism is self respect

Nothing wrong with the statement and nothing wrong doing what he describes in it.

I assume in-group preferences that tribes have evolved over 100,000s of years is just 'narcissism'. Nice...

Faulty Comparison

I'm narcissistic about my own race because they are the only ones worth saving. (Even though I'm fine with someone gunning down white leftists, they are a sub-race worth annihilating.)

Liberals are the most narcissistic people on the planet though.

Nothing, it's true: nationalism means taking care of your own people instead of the entire world. Globalists think that's a bad thing, nationalists dont'.

> how many levels of American education are you on my dude

Also in group preference is present in literally everyone so fuck off

No it's not. A nation is an extended family. A community of communities. Identity isnt scaleable beyond that.

It looks like something 5 year old would say.

It implies that nationalism is bad, because it exluse some groups of people. There is no such thing as bad nationalism. Nationalism actually means a multidimensional social construction reflected in the communal identification with one's nation. It is a political ideology oriented towards gaining and maintaining self-governance, or full sovereignty, over a territory of historical significance to the group.
A lefty "philosopher" Bryant H. McGill who wrote this quote thought that goverment's decisions that hurt some people are enough proof to dismiss nationalism as ideology. He clearly was a philosopher and had no idea about geopolitics.
Idiotics quotes like that only serve ((((them)) to further convince useful idiots who get their knowledge from gaybook, that we should all give our rights to the world governement so we can live in a hippy dream.

It's priorities.

Can't save everyone, nature will teach you if you can't learn that.

Is that really narcissism though? Being collective means that it isn't only on the self. It's not narcissism to favor your family before other people, why is this any different?

Some how, in every single instance, nationalism is only bad when white people do it.

Really compounds the contents of the cranial compartments.

Parenting is one of many examples of collective narcissism, where the citizens possess an inflated self-love of "their own family," to the exclusion of other human beings.

kys

>What is wrong with this statement?
Factually, nothing, but that's because it doesn't really carry much meaning, instead serving as a carrier for a lot of rhetorical dingleberries.
It asserts that nationalism means loving your own people. OK. It also implies that such a concept is dubious (by putting it in quotes), that the feeling is somehow wrong and delusional, and that it's unfair to the rest of the world. It's basically supreme gentleman tier whining about feeling left out.

national pride is family love in a big scale you fag.
theres nothing wrong with it and everyone who has a grudge against it can suck my dick!
nationalism is bad cuz it excludes others but national pride is totally fine! why cant i be proud of my country? why do these fucking retards want to take everything away from me ???