The sea level is rise-

>the sea level is rise-

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=density of water at 0 degrees celsius / density of water at 20 degrees celsius
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Water levels have been dropping, I remember when I was a kid Lake Ontarios shore went a lot further in land than it does now

almost like water expands when its frozen so if its all melting it would have less volume. or maybe that's hate science.

the world is not a perfect sphere, it's lumpy because of magnets

the sea level is rising but that doesn't mean it's rising everywhere

Also increased heat would make more water evaporate and move.

You're retarded.

>rise-

Sound logic but most of the arctic ice is on land not floating in the water

>its lumpy because of magnets
tell us more

Riseing? Words?

Where does the water evaporate to?

Cool I like global warming now because I like fucked up weather and fuck everyone that dies in a heatwave or hurricane. Like who actually cares

magnets are stronger at certain parts of the world because of gravity which causes it to be uneven and lumpy

An iceberg is 87% below water.

Water gains about 8.4% density when going from 0 to 20 degrees.

That's still a net loss of volume of 5%

The atmosphere

Hol up

So u be telling me

That the ocean doesn't have currents and waves that move silt around that can produce sand bars? Shiieeeett

Are you seriously retarded?

well they are rising and not only will they continue to rise for probably hundreds of years (if not millennia), but the rate of increase will also increase with time as ice sheets continue to respond to the climate perturbation

How do magnets even work ?

it's not known, same as gravity

science is still in infancy

>it's lumpy because of magnets
what

riseing

This is one of the most autistic pictures I've seen all day. congrats user, you're retarded.

That is literally not the shape of Earth on the right you nigger. Not even on the left either. Do you know where you are? It's fucking flat. Round Earth theory Affirmers have been BTFO here for a while now. Lurk more.

That would be why the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are the cause of sea level rise.

>one data point disproves a general trend

You might be right OP but what you posted proves nothing.

>not understanding lumpy magnets
nice try troll

what? I must have missed the big BTFOing of that. Didn't know you had explanations of the Coriolis effect or seasons or time zones or why every other celestial body seems to be round, except for ours apparently

Sea levels have been rising and the climate warming for thousands of years dude.

That graph is misleading for a few reasons. Firstly, it doesn't include a large enough timeframe to establish a proper baseline for sea level rise; sea levels have actually been rising at a fairly steady rate for the past several thousand years, but there's variation in the rate over several decades that your graph doesn't capture. Secondly, it concatenates two different measurement types, and """coincidentally""" there's an apparent change in the rate at the point of concatenation.

Pic related gives a much less misleading picture of sea level rise, and notice how there's absolutely no change in the rate even as humans began industrializing.

I'm pretty sure that the cause of this island is down to longshore drift. Do you know what it is? It's definitely not rising sea levels though.

dutch refugee crisis when?

are we allowed to take them in or is it forbidden because they are white christians?
maybe we will build ships for them so they can sail to Africa?

Fresh water basin originally fed by melting glaciers getting lower when there is no longer glaciers that can feed it? HOW SHOCKING!!
In other news the water leaving that basin is entering the oceans, hmmm, I wonder what that will do to water levels.

We will survive.

We're actually quite good at holding back water.

You shouldn't have dropped out of high school retard. A volume of water freezing doesn't change the level of the water because ice floats on the exact point required to maintain it. This is because the forces of gravity and buoyancy remain constant and balance it. It's literally something that you can find in videos of science for children, dumbfuck.

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=density of water at 0 degrees celsius / density of water at 20 degrees celsius

Simple, really.

Density goes up, volume per mass goes down. Not sure who's the retard.

(((Global Warming)))

Youtube "melting ice doesnt make water level rise" (even when ice is initially above water level)

My cokehead cousin cant comprehend this

HAHAHAHAHAH THE NEW FLAT EARTH IS LUMPY EARTH FUCKING MEME IT WEWWWWW LAD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In white majority areas

You're ready for the final redpill lad
humans are 70% water more humans means less water in the ocean. Humans are lowing the oceans with uncontrolled population growth. This is why China enacted the one child policy. The oceans would have dried up by now if the chinks had not stopped.

here's a better pic with a magnetism scale

>sea levels have actually been rising at a fairly steady rate for the past several thousand years
your own graphic shows a remarkable stability of sea level for the entire Holocene. In fact, anthropologists say that this stability of sea level is a major reason why civilization developed in the first place.

>there's variation in the rate over several decades that your graph doesn't capture
and what variation would that be?

>"""coincidentally""" there's an apparent change in the rate at the point of concatenation
What are you implying here? Besides, that's not even true. There's already a doubling in the rate in the early 20th century when everything was measured with tide gauges.

>notice how there's absolutely no change in the rate even as humans began industrializing
Do you think that might be the case because total SLR so far is only a few centimeters, while this graph is scaled in meters?

I don't see how pointing out multi-meter sea level rise in the geologic past makes the phenomenon in the present or future any less of a problem.

You're (rightfully) being called a retard because you apparently don't grasp how displacement works.
Something every school kid outside the USA has learned.

I'm no scientist but isn't the entire engineering sciences of hydraulics based on liquids, especially water, not being able to be compressed to the point of negligible compression rates?

That's a geoid, not a fucking waterless earth.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoid

And your graph is not only misleading, but also completely irrelevant. Firstly, it is unclear which data points are measurements and which are reconstructions. Secondly, it contains values for 10 different locations. Thirdly, noone cares about sea levels 20,000 years ago. We live in the now, and we're certainly not coming back to sea levels of the Ice Age anytime within our lifetimes.

>EU flag
Sorry schlomo, but you're not getting any of our (((Climate Change))) shekels because the Earth is flat and not affected by (((Greenberg))) house gasses.

>Missed the threads
Probably because you're new. Lurk more.

Stop doing this, OP.

I live here. It's a fucking sandbar.

who owns the island?

China.

Here's an experiment you can do at home:
>Put a few ice cubes in a glass
>Fill the glass with water all the way to the top, so that the water is already bulging out
>Wait for the ice cubes to melt

>it is unclear which data points are measurements and which are reconstructions.

How many thousands of years do you think humans have been measuring and recording seal levels?

>huge island
>it's a fucking sandbar
please go drown yourself OP

global warming is fake

Not sure about lake Ontario but I go to lake Huron every summer, every year its been rising since as long as I remember.

OP didn't write the article.

Of course the flat earther is a burgerclap.

The only ice melt that will effect ocean levels is greenland and antarctica. Volume is volume, be it frozen and floating in water or melted. Only ice melting off land will raise sea levels. The arctic could completely melt and no rise in sea level.

Chrischan is that you

not really because Arctic sea ice extent has considerable effect on the temperature above the Greenland ice sheet and thus modulates sea level indirectly

Sea level measurements go back maybe 200 years; satellite-based mesurements have been going on for 50 years max

Can we please ban all these autists before they make Sup Forums a fat joke?

So have we gone full circle back to global warming?

>haha experts say the titanic is sinking but my side of the boat just lifted 60ft up in the air

space

At least you can see my flag, pussy.

>what is sand movement
>what is erosion

I would also add that most of our knowledge about the sensitivity of ice sheets towards temperature changes comes from the paleoclimate record. One of the most important discoveries of the last decade was the discovery that sea level during the Eemian (at which temperature was just a few tenths of a degree warmer than today) was 6 to 9 meters higher - Scandinavia was an island at that time.

So I always get a bit angry when people use paleoclimate to try to dismiss climate change in the present.

Notice how the Mutti posters are always the most fervent defenders of multiculturalism, global warming, and the EU and their sense of humour is akin to the typical smug liberal teacher's pet.

>it shore is beautiful
>it
Not
>its

It must hurt being as fucking retarded as you are...

>the Earth is flat

>before they make Sup Forums a fat joke?
>before

Miracles

you are a fucking retard m8, just like all of those people that talk about the flooding toronto islands

>dutch refugee crisis when?
Unlikely. We're already a few meters below sealevel in the west.. I doubt a few meters more would matter much.
>In white majority areas

Everywhere..

Also the ice in water is floating leavin about 10% above the surface

and which iceberg is this?

do you realize there are more than one icebergs?

do you realize there are ice shelves and glaciers which are entire above water?

OK, mr Holmes.

So what do you deduct was that graph spanning thousands of years based on: measurements or reconstructions?

>accurate science that captures the larger picture and depicts data from time scales farther back than just 100 years

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Fresh water basin originally fed by melting glaciers getting lower when there is no longer glaciers
You realize glaciers take thousands of years to melt right. You realize there is a 0% chance he would witness the complete melting of glacier In his lifetime, enough to see the water levels of the lake rise and fall, right.

>most of the arctic ice is on land

Yes, on the great continent of Actica....

all I know is it was cold as shit the last two days here in california and I had to eject my last 4 bottles of r12 freon into the atmosphere just to get it to start feeling warm again

>Scandinavia was an island at that time.
>tfw Thule was actually an island all along

Most autistic post I've seen on Sup Forums thank you

As ice melts its volume decreases to the volume of water it displaces while floating. Therefore when an ice cube melts in a glass of water filled to the brim, the water level remains constant.

Floating ice has the same effect on sea level whether it is frozen or liquid. Only Ice melting on land ( Greenland/Antarctica ) could effect sea level.

Ya mooks.

this is verified science.

nigga do you even Archimedes.

Not necessarily a stupid idea. If rising tempretures are evaporating more water
from the ocean into the atmosphere, it could be expanding, like heating a balloon. But how could we measure that?

I AM THE RETARD

Reminder that the people you argue with are the same people who deny climate change because they think their scientific knowledge is way better than that of actual scientists.

This is why I have given up on debating with Americans.

fluid dynamics are a lie goy, don't believe your lying eyes

Well I don't believe there is proof CO2 causes climate change.

>because of magnets
Fuck Iam laughing so hard right now.

idiots.

ice will displace a mass of water proportional to its own mass.

ice is roughly 8% less dense than water

when you see the top portion of an ice cube/ice berg/ ice anything floating above the waterline you are directly observing this 8% discrepancy.

when the ice melts the net gain to volume is exactly 0 because the 8% loss in volume for the underwater portion is exactly canceled out by the 8% which is above water

total volume net gain of floating ice when it melts in water is 0.

if the ice has trapped air or bubbles in it, then the water line will recede when the ice cube/berg melts.

for water to be lost to space it would have to reach the upper atmosphere. There, the molecules would be broken up by photodissociation and then carried away by solar winds. In fact that's what happened on Venus: solar irradiance evaporated the oceans and baked CO2 out of the crust, leading to a runaway greenhouse effect. The effects of this are still observed in the Venutian atmosphere in the form of a deuterium anomaly (because the lighter Protium is preferrentially removed by solar winds compared to the higher deuterium isotope)

Like I said: American education, too retarded to even argue with.