PAGANISM GENERAL

PAGANISM GENERAL

EDITION: DAY OF THE WANDERER

ᛏᛏᛏ HAIL THE GODS, HAIL VICTORY ᛏᛏᛏ

This is a thread for the discussion of Paganism, the future of Aryan Race, Culture, Traditionalism, Jewish Question and Christianity.

ᛟᛟᛟ Places to start learning ᛟᛟᛟ

Varg's playlist "European Polytheism & Tradition"
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV1Xd_c5-wta8HSKFx15qdV5L-pm5XvZA

Survive the Jive playlist "Paganism"
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcroOUap-NylBcWAle2Dg_8bxpLkcSMlH

ᚦᚦᚦ Social Media ᚦᚦᚦ

Discord Code: w68tguT

Any questions, interested in learning, Christians on the edge, or just want to debate, feel free to join any of the groups above.

IMPORTANT! Before you have any questions, please check out the Q&A below:

>pastebin.com/aD6k77uh

ϟϟϟ Recommended channels ϟϟϟ

Varg Vikernes
>youtube.com/user/ThuleanPerspective

Survive the Jive
>youtube.com/channel/UCZAENaOaceQUMd84GDc26EA

Aryan Kitchen
>youtube.com/channel/UCMiZ7r52r6onVo9J5tCzNBg

Forgotten Roots
>youtube.com/channel/UCJpN-GBTchQaSVwBbefYMNg

DukeOfDurham
>youtube.com/channel/UCXrzcmZ9eIkQi-u2BPH_4ug/featured

Survival Russia
>youtube.com/user/Moscowprepper

ᛟᛟᛟ PAGANISM MEGA, PDF, BOOKS, AND MORE ᛟᛟᛟ
>mega.nz/#F!MahAVQYR!M7fBxWWNIYh9fevOFHL7WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuatha_Dé_Danann
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lughnasadh
youtube.com/watch?v=FU8ANPCZBQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=44OJ8VzkwME
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Please no shitstorm edition.

>Anonymous (ID: 96o7uEWK) 06/28/17(Wed)21:33:42 No.131707526
Hopefully, today is the edition of the wanderer!!!

Oh yeess

the birth of Balder, the bright - the return of a world that was woefully lost

If it's all about ancestors, what would an American like me be? Wouldn't America be Christian if anything?

What's your backround?

Anglo, traced my family to Scotland and all the other last names in my family are English.

You are celtic. Embrace it!

can you tell me about Lugh and the Lughnasadh?

All my family have been Christian though. I feel a close connection with it.

>Anglo, traced my family to Scotland and all the other last names in my family are English.
Then Celtic paganism would be you're best bet, check the links out, join the discord as well. This is a good starting place.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuatha_Dé_Danann

He is the same god as Wotan, which is good because today is the day of the wanderer. He is the god of many things, the most important of which is Travel, knowledge, and Arts. He often wanders the physical realm, usually in nature. Some cultures such as the Germanics rever him as king of the Gods.

i thought the lughnasadh happened in august 1st?

don't shy from battle

Why do Pagans like Tolkien despite him being a Christian and writing Christian stories?

>lughnasadh
Oh that's a holiday celebrating the harvest season which starts in august.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lughnasadh

He was a Christian but LOTR takes a lot from Pagan stories and traditon. Ex. Gandalf is a depiction of Wotan the wanderer.

>Pic related, Wotan

because pagans love Christian art about paganism.

A look at any "pagan" thread will show you that all they have is Christianity to depend on.

>in the golden dawn
>christian
topkek. dumb cuck

Everything in LOTR is a direct copy of Norse Mythology.

i think because the central story is christian related but everything else (races like elves and dwarves and hobbits, groves, wise talking trees, old wanderes in grey robes etc) are pagan-ish. Just like european christianity.

>All my family have been Christian though
>my ancestral lineage only goes back a little over 1000 years

You have tens of thousands of years worth of European ancestry

This is true, but from my personal life and my family as far as I can trace back have been Christian. Christianity has always been apart of my life.

>Vargautist promo thread

You can still enjoy the myths as a christian. I do. Especially the greek, but also the germanic.

Your ancestry doesn't suddenly change when you migrate. Aryans have migrated for thousands of years and retained their traditions while doing so.

Consider if your descendants convert to Islam.
One day one of them will want to embrace his heritage, but he will not be sure about leaving Islam because it's all he's ever known.
You're in a similar situation.

He'd most likely never know his ancestry because Islam erases the past.

Someone unfuck this image

>the old gods are not forgotten
Literally what,

Ironic because the Christian God traces his roots to Sumer, the first civilization.

>Islam erases the past
just like christianity

See its funny because Christians preserved the past via writings.

what

>just like christianity
Funny because Christian scholars are the only reason we even know what paganism is. Try again.

Bibles earliest stories are Sumerian

You can thank lutheran bishop brynjolfur sveinsson for preserving sæmund's edda.

and?

Its ironic that it says "the old gods" when they are all relatively new to El.

Here is an effortpost worth reading

In proto-norse the brothers Wódin, Wili and Wé (Odin, Vili and Vé) were the ones who slee the giant Ymir and ushered in the age of humans and the Æsir.

Proto-Indo European traditions hold that all of the gods, Æsir, Vanir, Olympian or otherwise are all representations of the same divinity, with the Sky Father (Diu, Ziu, Zeus, Ziupeter, Tiu, Tyr) as the "noble god" and the most sacred representation of the divinity. More on this later.

As aspects of the divine Odin, Vili and Vé's names come from the root words, and are aspects of inspiration, will and spiritual power (and nobility) respectfully. Therefore as a triad of worship, Odin was the means to knowledge and prayer to the divine, Vili was the representation of the divine's Will to fill someone with ambition and diligence, and Vé was the representation of the mysterious sacredness and power of the divine.

Roman Christianity follows the same tradition, denying the worship of the same divinity of the semite, instead for a worship of the european Triad. The Son, who fills the same role as Odin, a medium through which the mortal may access the divine (and who was also sacrified with a spear and a tree). The Holy Spirit is Vili, the force of the divine to inspire a mortal, and the Father is Vé, the mysterious sanctity and power of the divine. The name of God in Latin, as we all know, is Deus. This word has the same root from which Zeus and Tyr derive their names, as mentioned above, in favour of the semitic names of Yahweh or Jehovah.

Furthermore, aryan and particularly slavic and germanic religion upholds a typical class system. The three classes each represented with a god.
>The nobles (Odin/Perun/Apollo/Mercury),
>the preachers (Tyr/Radegast/Zeus/Jupiter),
>the workers (Thor/Veles/Dionysios/Dionysius)

[CONT...]

> Roman Christianity

Not Christianity at all then

Not to the degree Islam does, besides it is true that plenty of Christian scholars and monks have preserved enough of old European traditions and myths for us to enjoy today. Also much of those traditions merged with Christianity and survived that way.

youtube.com/watch?v=FU8ANPCZBQ8

Weren't Zeus, Hades and Poseidon the major figures in the Titanomachy to take down Kronos? really makes you think

When europe largely accepted christianity, three institutions were propagated during the Carolingian Rennaissance to keep society European. The Nobility, who would fight, rule and provide moral example for the nation; the clergy who facilitated the bond between the morals and the divine and the peasantry who would grow food, trade and manufacture objects for the society.

This new structure echoed pagan societal structure, but with an overarching belief set and institutionalized path to the divinity through the Deus Triad, it was a centralized way of preserving european culture and aryan divinity while the continent suffered heavy semitic cultural influence.

The decline of this structure after the French Revolution, acceptance of Democracy in many places and its collapse under communism is the worst thing to possibly happen to European culture. In a democracy the Clergy becomes irrelevant, Nobility disappears completely and only the worker exists, to rule themself. It makes sense then that the worker, whose life is mainly material, loses their link to the divine and sinks further and further into corrupt materialism.

Whether Pagan or Christian, we both worship the same divinity, both hold the interests of our races at heart and must both recognize the evil that democracy does to our people. Arguing amongst each other as "barbarians" or "worshipping the kike on a stick" just divides us and plays into (((their))) hands.

>both hold the interests of our races at heart
thats not true

Elverum - Praising the Alföðr
youtube.com/watch?v=44OJ8VzkwME

Yeah all brothers like Odin, Vili and Vé too. Thats why romans didnt try to proseletize in most conquered lands, as they knew that the local "barbarians" worshipped the same fundamental divinity as they did.

It was only in the middle east that they tried to change their culture and religions to a more latinized/hellenized form, as the semitic divinity is of a completely different nature to the european divine.

If you're talking about that retard jesuit calling himself pope at the moment, then I agree. He is an agent and he needs to die.

Put varg's face in the middle of that swastika, colorize the picture and then it's perfect

what do you guys think of a semitic pagan like myself? Lebanese but worshipping the old canaanite/phoenician gods and goddesses of my ancient ancestors, pic related largest Roman temple on Earth in City of the Sun God, Lebanon: Temple of Jupiter

So far as our existence with Christianity, I think Varg and others are too gloom and doom. Don't mind the Deus Vult filthy pagan stuff. They won't do it to the Muslims, it's an empty threat, not worth your time. Better we repeat Tours and Varangians anyway.

Heathen question tough. Why is it so impossible to explain tribalism, which really is greatly at the center of heathenry, to libertarians? It's implied through the language, like the concept of yard, it's a repeated theme in the Sagas, but I've had them goin to fits and have 0 counter arguments or examples.

Excellent posts
Do you have any sources to do further reading?

I've seen an equal amount of pagans cuck out racially as Christians, I think the difference is we just have better arguments, since we don't view random people as brother and sisters through religion.

A very noble action to try to revitalize your roots. Such a pity that the muslims only let the Kaaba intact.

It's funny you say that. Tacitus's ethnography of the Germanic people specifically describes them as worshiping Mars and Jupiter which seemed strange to me at first glance.
It makes much more sense when reading from the perspective of a Roman who believes the Germanic gods are the same as his own except in name.

lol you post this temple every day man! its nice but you post it every day!
Have you been to Athens?

If you can interface with divinity using these gods than you should. I have a feeling you will be able to.

not right off the top of my head, but a good thing to research on the matter is Comparative Proto-Indo-European theory.

A good youtuber who sometimes discusses the theory is a pagan history academic on the channel Survive the Jive. His channel is centered around Aryan identity, religion, mysticism and abandonment of the corrupt material swamp we all live in.

yes while Europeans can honor their ancestors by being pagan i believe the best way to do so as an American mutt is to embrace Christianity
unless you are full german or nordic or italian or something then i advise you to embrace Christianity

>it so impossible to explain tribalism,
Make a more concise question, don't exactly know what answer you want

Read a book called The Germanization of Medieval Christianity. It's not a pro or anti anything, but it's a scholarly look at what actually happened. These traditions can be as small as leaving something on a person's grave, which was a pagan gifting cycle to your dead relatives for luck. Christians don't do this in the proper context, but they repeat these themes. Even when they say "I know my dad's watching over me"

Why do burgers spell Odin "Wodan"?

those are just linguistic groups. Every european people is a bit of the others.

>Why do burgers spell Odin "Wodan"?
??? They're many different names.

Why do religious and cultural concepts of tribalism turn libertarians in to children with fingers in thier ears? Even some of those fluffy bunny lefty "pagans" get the concept, but these guys just break down. I'm out of ideas on the arguments, I've exhausted them all.

All god only Christ cucks get bent out of shape about what unproven thing people believe in. As long as your not a pedo, wive beater like the mudslimes. Its funny because I doubt Christ would really care, he would just try to teach you not berate people to covert.

Why do Germans call Thor Donar? Relax, my dude. Some mix up Orlog with Urd, but the concept is there.

>Odin, Wodan, Wodin, Wotan, Wotanaz, Wotaz, etc
all the same guy, Odin is just the Scandi spelling, just like how Thor is Thuner or Thur, Tyr is Tiu, etc.

That's where the english words for the says of the week come from,
>Tuesday = Tiu's Day,
>Wednesday = Wodan's day,
>Thursday = Thuner's Day.

Burgernaziwhatthefuck? There is only one!

He was about stuff from both man.

How similar do you suppose you are to your ancestors who worshiped these gods?
I hope you haven't been tainted by Arab migration.

I think it 's old engish.
"From Old English Wōden, from Proto-Germanic *Wōdanaz. Cognate to the doublet Odin, borrowed from Old Norse, ultimately from the same source."

but there are specific pagan gods for different European people
how can I an American mutt of different European backgrounds pick one
if i were to pick multiple groups of gods it would be disingenuous
therefore the only logical conclusion is to embrace Christianity as that is what America was founded on

>christianity replaced paganism
>let's thank christianity for preserving paganism
cucks

I know in Danish it is:
Tirsdag (Tyr)
Onsdag (Odin)
Torsdag (Tor)
Fredag (Frigg)

I just hate burgers larping as scandi pagans

Nah, the logical conclusion is to pick the one you like most and go with it.

Liberitarians are like free for all, they have no concepts of Purity, Culture, Collective etc. Pagans are a collective, we think for the good of the group while libertarians are individualists. This is why Libertarians and Pagans are at odds with each other.

Your choice, but in the end european ancient tradition is about the spirits and gods of the forest. whoever they are in europe, they communicate through the european people and european nature and historically they derive from the same indo-european tradition so it doesn't make much difference if you are a mutt as long as you are of european blood.

it's a bit of a gap to jump isn't it. It's because us colonials have a harder time creating a link to our ancestors, as our land isn't particularly sacred to us.

It's like feeling homesick but not knowing where your home is.

I think maybe it's time to aim your frustration at the things that will destroy you instead of being a cunt, but what do I know. You asked a question, we knew the answer, and you finally just admit that your just going to purity spiral anyway, so good on you for being honest I guess.

Christianity is what I was raised on and is the religion of my forefathers
for a time I gave up on it but I came back to the light after deep consideration
I have chosen Christianity

I've told them that rejecting collective and going in for hyper-individualism makes them decidedly not pagan at all.

Reminder: Christianity was the logical end conclusion for the Pagan societies of Europe, and for 1800 years was vehemently anti-Semitic until the enlightenment fucked it all up.

Who cares about their ancestors? They ded

That's right buddy. You will see the lord in the throneroom on that day. Never give up your faith. You can still get the charge from studying the knowledge of the old myths though. You can still celebrate the cycles of time like the equinoxes and solstices. It's great.

>going in for hyper-individualism makes them decidedly not pagan at all.
Yeah Libertarianism and Pagan don't go together.

Ive recently been studying into anglo-saxon and celtic pre christian religions as a way of learning about my heritage and embracing my ancestors spirituality.

However upon discovering that they are indeed both very diffrent but at the same time very simmilar, how would one go about venerating my mixed european heritage?
Should i...
>pick one that relates to me on a more deeper spiritual level?
>encorporate parts of both into my way of life?
>Follow anglo-saxon paganism as i was born in England and have blood ties to english soil?
>Decide to follow celtic as more of my blood line is from Scotland and Ireland?
>Or follow a completly diffrent path such as Germanic or Nordic?

Good for you. Doesn't mean your argument is good, but I've stopped caring about swiping at Christians anymore. Waste of time, I'd rather we put things aside and, ya know, do something about the world's fastest growing religion.

without our ancestor's hard work in creating a future for us, our societies wouldn't exist. You should thank them some day, Carl.

Well, for people who aren't nihilistic turds, they mean a lot to us. There's a reason why how people viewed and treated thier dead was around before the written word. Its in our ethos, and there are spiritual connection we have with them via Wyrd and Orlog.

stop it, get some help

You know Thunor's symbol is a swastika

Imagine a man and a woman from two different tribes get married. They follow different gods. What gods do their children revere?
In a patriarchal society, the children will follow the father's gods.
If this tradition was maintained, you would revere the same gods as your most ancient grandfathers. Thankfully you know exactly where your most ancient grandfathers came from because you have a last name.
So for American mutts, find the origin of your last name and follow the gods of those people.

they both worship the same ultimate divinity that the slavs, the norse, the scythians and even the Hindus do. It really doesn't matter to you, find whichever speaks to you the most.

If at any point it feels LARP-y, it's because you can't make a proper cultural connection to it in our urban, materialist, corrupt world. In that case try to better yourself physically and mentally before yo do spiritually. It was real frustrating for me before I found any kind of spirituality and it probably will be for you too.

Learning your history helps a lot, I found.

>You know Thunor's symbol is a swastika
In the Germanic Iron Age, the swastika was the symbol of Wodan

reverse swastika tho, at least as I know it in the anglo-saxon sense.

I was too raised on christiniaty and my family is deeply religious. I always went too church for the mass on my on without anyone telling me too, even in the "rebel years" of adolescence. I still keep my rosary safe today. But through much consideration, i reached to the conclusion that the european homeland and the european blood and tradition are much more of a heaven than anywhere else, even an otherdimensionally paradise. Since (some would differ) that in european paganism there is a notion of a "coming back" (reincarnation), one would always return home, so it is the paradise that must be protected. But i really don't mind what religion europeans find to be their valued heritage, as long as they see the divinity in it and are ready to protect what is ours.