Becoming Christian

I want to become a Christian. I want it as an identity, a code of conduct and source of strength, discipline and piety. Maybe having a large conservative family one day? Raising daughters that remain virgins until they marry a good Christian man. And sons who have a strong moral character.

But I have a problem, I cannot believe in God. Even if I try I might never forget things I know. Like the council of Nicea where they removed the gospel of Thomas and rephrased stuff in the bible. I cannot just believe in Jesus and stuff.

Anyone managed to work around it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DOQNGrUcK4c
youtube.com/watch?v=NDec7qo9Epc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pray to God. Ask Jesus into your life. If you want to become Christian, start there and see where it leads.

If you are going to brainwash yourself become a Mormon.

Jefferson Bible is the answer. Thomas Jefferson created his own "bible" and called it the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. Long story short he removed all the metaphysics and it's basically just the teachings of Jesus.

I read a bit of it, then meditate on what I read and attempt to apply those teachings to my life.

Maybe someday I could return to the church, but until the Catholic church stops flooding my country with 3rd worlders I'm out.

This. They are the most well put together out of all of them and still have the highest percentage of whites and strong white culture. Super conservative. Plus tons of white Mormon cuties who literally want to be a stay at home mom and raise 6+ white kids.

People are leaving christianity at such a high rate they have to conscript retarded autistic kids online and make consessions by allowing Sonic the Hedgehog to be an honerary saint.

>Raising daughters that remain virgins until they marry a good Christian man
In that case you want to become muslim or jew, not christian. Christianity places no value on women remaining virgin, in fact many of the smaller churches even expect them to prostitute themselves to attract new convertites ("Flirty fishin", "Man-fishing" etc.).

Plus you may even get your own planet.

The hell are you talking about?

It's a farce. Don't go down the Mormon road.
I went down it, and would never wish it on anyone else.

Read the Bible and Pray. Jesus is a real person talk to Him.

What happened?

why?

The secret is becoming partially gnostic, ignoring the god of the bible while thinking there's a god above him whom you must worship, then placing heaven and hell on place.

Actually full gnostic, since you will need gnosis to get anywhere.

Just ignore the bible, it was messed with and the origins of the religion were pretty screwed up because of the falsehoods.

You can't choose your beliefs, skeptical people will never be able to believe in the christian god.

Best thing to do is find secular reasons for the traditional values. Most of the statistics on things like happiness and fulfillment show that traditional values work best for pretty much all normal people.

Have you thought about the Old Gods?

John 6:44: “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day."

Ephesians 2:8: "For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God..."

Ephesians 1:4: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. For HE CHOSE US IN HIM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love HE PREDESTINED US for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of HIS WILL".

That's it. You can do literally SHIT about it. There's no such thing as free will because God "works out EVERYTHING by the counsel of His will" (that's from Ephesians 1:11).

However here's a great news for you:
"That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the SAVIOR OF ALL PEOPLE, and especially of those who believe" - 1 Timothy 4:10 (this quote literally destroys the concept of hell as an eternal punishment in fire - the lake of fire is called "the second death" and there is no pain in death, nor any concept of time, the dead just sleep in the Sheol).

Christianity is the true way. Follow these 6 steps to salvation

1) Hear the word of God
2) Repent of your wrong doing
3) Confess your sins
4) become babtized
5) Preach the word of God
6) Continue faithful

Come to the waters of babtism, the most important step. Wash away the dirty life you lived back then.

It will not guarantee you live a perfect life after, but you will have God by your side through every struggle, God will be there for every blessing.

21and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

1 Peter 3:21NIV

You should read my comment above because you don't know SHIT about the Bible either.

>God already chooses who will be saved.

Do not believe this fellow brothers. It is a lie by the devil to discourage you to come to the waters of salvation.

The bible teaches us that every single one of us can be saved. We have free will for a reason, God does not control our destiny, God put our free will in our hearts to control our own.

Seperate yourself from the lie user.

Watch Peterson's lectures on the Bible.

It is a complete bastardization of Christianity that DEMANDS 10% of your money before you are allowed certain rituals that you cannot get into the highest heaven without. They also manufacture an atmosphere where no questioning is allowed, and all who leave are assumed to be vile sinners.
That was literally my first thought every time I ran into a former member, "oh, what sin did you commit that warranted excommunication?"
They pretend to be honest and release information, but do it in very back-handed ways. They finally acknowledged that there are multiple versions of "the first vision" but only released the different versions in their website in Joseph Smith's own handwriting, thus making it near impossible to read.
It's basically a weirder and worse version of the Catholic Church.
Oh, and the way they represent some basic Christian doctrines is ridiculous. They basically take the truths of Christianity and wrap them in a thick layer of bullshit. Then, you think, "well, this part rings true, so I just need to accept the bullshit as well!"

wow the 10% rule.

How are we supposed to give back to God from our hearts with that rule? The bible teaches us to give only what comes from our heart.

I do not want to be them, I pray for them deeply. Such a great group of people too.

Hahaha, I gave you fuckin scriptures quotations. You gave me false accusations based on YOUR OPINION. Gr8 job, m8.

No u just aren't real christians anymore, here we still have the real christianity our girls wont have sex before getting married

Yeah man, and the crazy part? You completely justify all of that and more when you are in. When people describe it as a giant cult, they really are not too far off.
Luckily me and my roommate both left, and for a while I lost the mark on christianity. Andrew Klavan, C.S. Lewis and R.C. Sproul helped me rediscover truth and realize that not everything about the LDS church was a lie. There were parts of it that were true, I just had to carve out the BS.

John 3:16that God’s love extends to the whole world, and “whosoever believes” in Jesus will have eternal life. Paul likewise says “the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people” (Titus 2:11). And again, God “is the Savior of all men, especially of believers” (1Tim 4:10). So while Jesus is the savior for all people in the sense that anyone can accept the salvation He offers, it is only believers who will ultimately be saved. As further evidence that God offers salvation to all people, consider the fact that God wants all people to be saved (1 Timothy 2:4; 2 Peter 3:9). In what sense could God, who sent his Son “to seek and to save that which was lost” (Lk 19:10), genuinely desire the salvation of every person if some people are not even given the opportunity to accept that salvation? God’s offer of salvation goes out to all people, Jesus died for all people, and God loves the whole world and desires the salvation of all people; nevertheless, only some will choose to respond to God’s saving grace and be saved.

>God “is the Savior of ALL MEN, especially of believers”
>it is only believers who will ultimately be saved

Choose one, faggot.

Jesus is not a POTENTIAL savior. HE IS THE SAVIOR. You believe that your belief will save you, not Jesus.

Man with each passing day I learn more of the decaying degeneracy of the homeland of Martin Luther. Really grinds my gears.

Im simplying stating you have to be a believer to be saved. A believer being someone who enacts all that is required of them to reach salvation.

You claim God already chooses his people beforehand, and your claim is wrong. Salvation is for everybody. (Text evidence provided to you already)

He doesnt know what hes talking about. If a girl is what drives you to church, that is not a true christian.

>i want to be christian because of cofe of conduct
No, you just want a license to sin. At the end of the day you can just ask skydaddy for forgiveness and he can never refuse. If youre an atheist you at least have to seek forgiveness from your victims and atone for your mistakes.

>You claim God already chooses his people beforehand

No, I don't claim. THE BIBLE CLAIMS:

Ephesians 1:4: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. For HE CHOSE US IN HIM BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love HE PREDESTINED US for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of HIS WILL".

Everyone is saved eventually but only believers will rule with Jesus in the 1000 years Kingdom. After these 1000 years Jesus won't rule the Kingdom, but He will give the authority to God - and this is when the dead (unbelievers) will be ressurected at the Great White Throne and everyone will be One with God.

You may be looking at this a little short-sighted.

>Free will is the ability to do/ conceive what you so desire.
>Suicide in its self is a misguided act of free will; any normal person would object to it, but the person who choose to acted upon his free will.
>A Christian acknowledges that YHWH knows all things before it will happen
>As a Christian, you would use your free will to align your "conscience" with the Messiah as he is the Redeemer.
>One should not question what YHWH knows about one's future, but to trust in him to guide him through the wisdom and knowledge of scriptures.

People with critical thinking skills don't do well in churches, unless you like conforming to group-thin and mysticism.

>Free will is the ability to do/ conceive what you so desire
yes, and how do you know that what you desire is of your own will and not influenced by your childhood, by how your parents raised you, by what you ate this morning and so on... Bible says clearly that "we are clay in hands of a potter" - God even hardenes people hearts (Pharaoh's for example)

>Suicide in its self is a misguided act of free will
again, suicide is a conclusion of things that influenced your life and everyone and everything may influence your life

>A Christian acknowledges that YHWH knows all things before it will happen
Yes, He knows all thing because "everything works according to the counsel of his will"

Everyone HAS A WILL but only God has a free will.

I know I know, but if the Clergy of the church "encourages" women to do that, then it is faulty. No coincidence that he is German, and that he is referring to churches in Germany, the birthplace of the Protestant Reformation.

So according to that logic, those nasty Satanic Pedophiles will eventually be saved and live in Heaven..??

You must understand the flaw in this logic; you're Catholic so I can give you the benefit of doubt.

t. Gnostic Protestant Israelite

Why would you willingly enslave your bloodline? Are (((memetics))) too strong?

Again, "God is the savior of all men". When Jesus came to earth he went to the prostitutes, to the BAD PEOPLE, "the sick do not nead a doctor". Jesus said "love your enemy" for a reason - because you will share the heaven with them. Because there is no free will and these satanic pedophiles don't have a free will either. God made them this way.

AND I'm not a catholic... wtf... I don't attend to any church, I have my own fuckin brain and I can read the bible myself. So can you.

jesus fucking christ keep this off of Sup Forums
If you want advice, there's a whole fucking board

I meant the healthy do not need a doctor... Gee... my english mode sucks...

I understand what you mean by influence of experiences and knowledge. Pretty much you stress the point of Memetics; understand that Satan perverts humanity just like he convinced Eve to eat the apple.

Now here is a quick question. Why would the Most High create Eve, of which he referred to as Adam's perfect companion, if he knew she would be seduced?

It is irrational to not believe in god. Also belief is a choice. You choose to believe even without absolute proof which is why it's called faith

The question should be why God created evil in the first place?

"I am the Lord, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and CREATE EVIL: I the Lord do all these things." - Isaiah 45:6-7

I don't know the answer to that question either. I think of God as a movie director - he wrote the script and now He watches the movie together with angels and other supernatural beings he created.

He didn't. He created free will in his creations who chose corruption and evil

Give me the quote that states "God created free will"... otherwise shut up.

......Let me give you a perfect analogy. Two people desire to emigrate to the land of wealth and opportunity. One is steadfast and abides by the rules and regulations of said kingdom, the other decides to break the law and enter illegally.

Now do you think the ruler of that nation would allow the person that broke the laws to stay in his kingdom..?? What do you think the person who abided by the regulations of the kingdom would feel like..??

Get out of structured religion ASAP. This shit is nothing more that ritualized conditioning and brainwashing. The only reason it's not called is a "cult" is because of the scale of it, it doesn't make it rational because it's not called a "cult."

There is none it's a logical deduction from theology.

This question is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what we think and what would should be... I'll just stick to the Bible instead of what I think would be wise. "Let God be true but every man a liar."

So believe your theology, I would rather believe the Bible.

Remember this simple fact, the Devil HATES humanity and wishes for YHWH's greatest creation to be separated from him. All the devil can do is cause deceit i.e. Memetic manipulation.

Remember he caused Eve to eat the fruit of knowledge even though YHWH commanded Adam & Eve to not eat of it; never underestimate the power of SATAN.

The bible logically concludes god gave man free will without outrightly saying it. How can a perfect being create/be evil? It is logically impossible

SERIOUSLY
NOT
LITERALLY
grow up, faggot. only nutjobs think that shit is literally historical record. duh. DUH.

Satan tempts but cannot control you unless you consent to his control. Adam and eve chose by their own free will to disobey god

Catholicism = Cult
Islam = Cult
Judaism = Cult

Notice how I specified Catholicism

>Get out of structured religion ASAP
Yeah this. Why would you let someone tell you how you should interpret word of god?

You are 100% correct my brethren, peace be with you.

Jesus Germany really is lost. Here in the states there are still huge amounts of girls who don't put out. Before I got engaged and was chasing tail I always asked on the first date if they were devout. So many girls blue ball you. Christian girls are worse because they'll still flirt and play the game but then won't fuck until marriage.

>churches
You mean cults

Yes, satan hates humanity and wants to replace God but again, "Everything works according to the councel of God's will". In the book of Job when God calls satan - satan has to do what God wants. God has everything under control. He doesn't have to fight satan - satan works for God.

what? why did they remove the gospel of Thomas? why did they remove anything? why was this allowed?

Watch this lecture:
youtube.com/watch?v=DOQNGrUcK4c
youtube.com/watch?v=NDec7qo9Epc

I came to the conclusion that there are only two options for positioning your descendants will in the future. Either join a conservative Christian religious community of a reasonable size (Traditionalist Catholics, Mormons, Reform, Orthodox, or certain Evangelicals), have lots of children with a traditionalist wife, and ride the demographic waves that show conservative whites will be the only whites left in a century. I'm not a believer either, but ethnonationalism outside of Christianity is impossible in the west. The average alt-righter is no more fertile than the average college leftist.

The only other (much worse) option is to move to East Asia, and allow your genes to be absorbed into the only other civilization that's going to still have indoor plumbing by the 22nd century.

I can't see a third option. Take your pick.