Elderly flight passenger throws coins into engine for ‘luck’, delays take-off for hours

A flight from Shanghai to Guangzhou was delayed after an elderly woman passenger was suspected of throwing coins into the plane’s engine to ensure “good luck”, mainland media reported.

China Southern Airlines Flight 380 was held up at the Shanghai Pudong International Airport after an elderly woman passenger caused a disruption, according to the airline’s official WeChat account. An investigation into the incident is under way.

Plane mechanics later found nine coins at the site, including one inside the engine.
The captain was quoted as saying the metal, if sucked up by the engine, could have caused serious damage, including failure.

scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2100242/elderly-flight-passenger-throws-coins-engine-luck-delays-take

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s9mUVpCSGl4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish elderly women would put coins in me for luck

In which 'slot'?

Superpower. Any day now. Any day...

I hate old people, when they act like children

new mode of terrorism by isis?

Nah, just chinks being retards as per usual.

asians are fucking stupid

>bongistan
>brave terrorist throws assault coins into the engine of a 747
>engine fails mid-flight, killing all on board
>terrorist is hailed a hero for his tolerant luck ritual trying to prevent the racist plane from crashing
>"don't be strange, bin that change"

Mainland Chinese are literally medieval peasants

its bad luck to ride in a plane with no name. so she decided to give the plane a name like all asians name their kids. by throwing change into something metal.

So are most Europeans, Mr. Hidden Flag.

>ISIS buy old chink lady a ticket on El Al flight
>plane load of jews get shoahd trying to fetch shekels from running jet engine.

Devilish.

This could actually work.

>bin that change
You ever wonder who collects all those coins off the bottoms of fountains?

She meant no harm. Was it dumb? Definitely. Would have killed everyone? You bet your ass it would.

The holy and wise "elders" strike again. Moronic old Asians.

t.Edward Wu

Goddamn chinks, not good for anything other than farming rice what does old ching chong need a flight for anyway
stay in your fucking gookville

>need a flight for

To visit Canada

The chinks are less than human.

Jews.

>You bet your ass it would.
One engine failing, even completely is rarely a disaster. All airliners are designed to cope with their remaining engines in such an event.

Can confirm, this is what a good 1/4 of downtown toronto looks like.

>Canadian
>defends chinks
Shut up Chong

I'm dating a Chinese girl and just some of the shit the Chinese believe is fucking retarded. This doesn't surprise me at all.

>Elderly flight passenger throws coins into engine for ‘luck’, delays take-off for hours
Asians are super smart, no really!

Jews in waders

Usually nobody. That's why there are always plenty of coins there.
I suppose someone desperate might pick up a few but it's clear they rarely get wiped out.

severely underrated

I've never heard of this before, does it really give good luck?

Kek. I'll name it "chinky chong".

>but does it really give good luck
Yes. You can also fill your exhaust pipes with (glued) coins for extra mileage.

>You ever wonder who collects all those coins off the bottoms of fountains

No idea. Who would possibly do such a thing?

KYS

KEK

How can you not scream murder as a flight engineer.

Hahaha, it's probably the only way they'd go out of their way to get their kids something nice...by spending other people's money.

Only the best chinks immigrate to the west, chinks in asia are mostly retarded.

Right but it's not like you want it to happen on purpose. Better to find the problem before lifting off. The engine failure could cause a fire that spreads.

I'm way too lazy to find the sauce, but this happened at some Asian nuclear reactor.

> Gorry Gee, how did we have so many fuer failures this cycle.

哈哈哈 Grandma this is not wishing fountain with turtle 啊!

Funny thing, diesel engines sometimes suffer from something called "runaway engine".

The engine locks into high RPM and even if you try to turn off the engine or cut the diesel supply, the engine keeps going until it blow out.

The only thing that can make the engine stop is by choking the engine (cutting the supply of air) or a more drastic and expensive way, throw anything solit at the turbo inlet to make the turbo break, halting the engine.

If she had done that on a runanway engine, she would had saved a lot of money to the owner. Too bad she did it to an air plane.

You do realize there is a difference between wealthy Western immigrant chinks and homeland chinks, right? Also, they are notorious for cheating on standardized tests.

Wait how? How did she even get close to the engines? Fucking Chinese are so stupid everytime.

>cut the diesel supply
>the engine keeps going
How the fuck does an internal combustion engine work without fuel?

Ching chang chong: the sounds the coins would make rattling around the engine before it exploded at 30,000 feet. Also means "good luck" in chinese.

DOG

IN

WOK

>Asians are smar-

The oil used to lube the piston is located in the sump just below the engine block.

The rise on temperature makes that oil evapore upwards to the chamber. THis makes the RPM locks high producing more head, evaporaing more lube oil. The cicle dont stops until you flood the engine with CO2 (choke) or just destroy the turbo.

There is no other way around it.

I bet they cheated on the IQ tests too.
Just give up cumskin.

>Jews teach their children money exists to be stolen
>Normal people teach their children money is dynamic.

For luck or fuck?

what does the M and V stand for?

Fpbp

Male and Vemale

SAT is a meme. Here in lebanon usually everone aces the math amd critical reading sections.

This is why the world can't have rhinoceroses.

Autism: the post.

>letting passengers on the tarmac in the current year
Reminder, chinks and machinery don't mix
Typical day on a chinese elevator
youtube.com/watch?v=s9mUVpCSGl4

t. xian liang

Men and VVomen

>Jews rule the world

Why wouldn't they? The Chink government lies about everything that goes on in their shithole of a country.

Over fifty posts, and no one acknowledged this guy.

Underrated post, my dude.

This is what happens when you let passengers onto the tarmac.

Holy shit, top tier. kek'd hard.

>plane mechanics
I swear i read merchants. What have you done to me Sup Forums?

Immunized you. It has mild side effects.

Fuck I'm flying into that airport in a week

>the elderly aren't terrorists

>throwing shekels at a plane for good luck
O how I wish i had the photo of that plane resembling a merchant

It runs to destruction off the oil in the crankcase. Try putting an extra quart or two of oil in your mom's diesel. Turbo or non turbo.

It would stop eventually on its own because of the law of conservation of energy.

Not before the engine block explode because of the catastrophic sudden rise on vibration and temperature.

Engines where not made to sustain redline-tier RPMs for more than a few seconds.

Which would stop the engine.

If small coins are enough to cause a plane's engine to fail, I doubt we should be worrying about the old lady's stupidity...

Such wonderful diversity

So your solution to stop the engine of exploding is lettign explode?

I used to work on the ramp, the smallest bit of debris will btfo out of those engines. Senile bitches shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the things while they're spooled up

Yeah. Just buy a new one. Duh.

>It runs to destruction off the oil in the crankcase
That matter was closed long time ago >Try putting an extra quart or two of oil in your mom's diesel
Didn't fall for the diesel jew. Way back when diesel was half the price of petrol I didn't have yearly mileage to offset the higher costs of buying, registering, maintenance and possible repairs over a petrol engined car.

coins are absolutely enough to destroy a jet engine, even a small bird (the size of your hand or smaller) will do it. the turbine is designed to rotate on a certain axis, if you introduce oscillations the blades will break apart and you will have a very big problem on your hands.

There's a reason airports go to great lengths to shoo birds off

This is what happens when you let third world scum into European countries. Sort your shit out France. Of course chunks of metal being thrown into an engine can cause failure. Metal shavings can cause failure in a fucking car engine.

A zipper handle is enough, everything about a plane is fragile and anything remotely suspected of causing damage will cause a delay. Bump the plane, tip, shift, etc, all can cause a delay....equipment isn't even supposed to make contact with the plane at all

very underrated. here's a well deserved (you)

>A zipper handle is enough
finding that would be a fun job.

Not as bad as finding a handful of change, when you dont know how many coins were in that handful.

>used to collect the coins from the fountain as well when I was a kid