Mean texts are crimes now

>Mean texts are crimes now

Is this the end of freedom of speech in America?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_to_rescue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Encouraging somebody you have a personal connectin with to kill themselves to the point where they actually kill themselves is criminal action

She can tell me to kill myself all day long

It's free speech.

Is this a tranny because I swear it has male facial features and male pattern baldness

Soo you mean the whole Sup Forums community should be behind bars?

>is criminal action
can you state relevant laws?

kys

tldr?

>tfw no cute psycho gf to help you kill yourself

>a leaf
Every time

Free speech doesn't protect against targeted harassment like this case.

Sup Forums telling people to kill themselves is like somebody standing above a highway bridge holding a sign that says KILL YOURSELF. Some people might find it offensive or distasteful, but it's not criminal.

Send tributes

>strawman

>bait

How much year she will get?

Kept pushing him day after day and told him everyone would be happier if he just did it.
Also he was about to stop and she encouraged him to stay.

Causing somebody to commit suicide, incitement to suicide, forcible suicide has always been crimes here.
Has nothing to do with freedom of speech, because her words is not whats being punished, her actions are.

Fuck your slide thread, you relativist retard. Go back to sucking your nihilist professor's shriveled cock

>flag

Of course

Didn't realize she had mind control powers that completely stole that boy's free will.

It's a good thing this super villain was stopped.

Speech is free.
Incitement is a crime.

/thread

I garuntee you know fucking nothing about this case other than the verdict and a very sparse description of what occurred..I watched every second of the week and a half trial, took in both the defense and the prosecution. The defense was awful from day one, sucked at cross-examination, looked like desperate inept lawyers when they went for a mistrial 5 days in, had an overall flimsy defense, a SHIT expert witness, and explained Carter's "mental health" pathetically. They grasped at straws.

The prosecution more than proved their case.

Regardless of your own judgment (which is ignorant of the actual case), that IS the American justice system. It was decided by a fucking judge, not 12 retards, but a guy who knows the law in and out. They made the right call. At the end of the day, whether Conrad had tried before, or may have tried again (who's to say?), on that night in question, Conrad Roy would see the next day were it not for Michelle Carter, period. End of story.

It's not the death of freedom of speech. The only thing this case has shown is that Sup Forums is a bord full of horny whiteknights.

I'm glad you implied that you have a personal connection with this community. You're never leaving us.

About 30 cm.

At first she said don't do it, but as time went on she seemed annoyed every time he didn't. Bitch is crazy desu, she should go to prison

>ywn get spat on while fapping and be told to be a hero at the point of spraying your pathetic seed everywhere.

thoughts?

Adult guy wanted to kill himself, kept harrassing an underaged girl about it, she kept telling him to get help, he wouldn't listen, he kept bothering her about it so much that she finally just told him to do it. Then she went to jail about it.

>Conrad Roy would see the next day were it not for Michelle Carter,
there's is no way of knowing this

No, they aren't.
A duty of care for her boyfriend was established when she told him to get back in the car, and she neglected said fury of care by not getting help for him.

What would a leaf know about freedom of speech?

It's the common law concept of a "duty of care". It isn't written in a law.

don't be stupid. if somebody is in a very emotionally vulnerable state, the way he was, you'd consider suicide in a very real way too.

>Sup Forums unironically defends this roastie

she would have made most of you neet betas kill yourselves too, well i guess that's not such a bad thing

Do you know the details of the case? She was constantly sending her boyfriend texts encouraging him to kill himself.

I think free speech is the most important value in western civilization, and I agree that hate speech is protected by free speech laws (and Canada is completely retarded for thinking otherwise) but targeted harassment is violating another persons rights.

You can shake off an anonymous person saying "kill yourself" because they're a faceless being you will never interact with again. When the person you are in an intimate relationship with is encouraging you - not TELLING, but ENCOURAGING you - to kill yourself for months, it can wear your psyche down.

It's emotional abuse and malevolent targeted harassment.

Kill yourself.

I approve of this conviction. People with psychological conditions shouldn't be encouraged to kys. Bitch abused her influence over a vunerable person.

>go on Sup Forums
>see CP
>reply to CP with "kill yourself"
>go to jail for telling pedophile to committee suicide
>OP, being a faggot rapes you in jail
this is the future we have made.

>Rules not stated anywhere
>Expect people to abide by rules

British intellectuals everyone

As an immigrant that lived through the cold war era of communist totalitarianism, moved to Canada to study law (long before it became this SJW infested progressive islam-fetishing shithole) and work as a lawyer defending the freedom of speech... I think I know quite a lot about freedom of speech and what it means to a society.

I was fairly active and outspoken during the Bill C-16 discussions. Some of you may have seen me in videos with Jordan Peterson

Naw. What she did specifically in the context of the individual situation was a form of inciting violence.

She's a horrible human being but she didn't violate the NAP, shouldn't be up to the state to punish her. That's the libertarian view, I think.

Actually, yes, very easily I know that...

There's certainly no way of knowing Conrad Roy would have killed himself any day in the future on his own volition. There are plently of convictions of homicide and manslaughter where the defedent wasn't present when the victim died. Not just encouraging suicide, but persistently demanding it day after day, hour after hour from morning to night, demanding that a person who loves her to get BACK into the truck, showing him the generator...

MOST IMPORTANTLY: SHE WAS ON THE PHONE WHILE HE DIED, DID NOT TELL THE POLICE, PRETENDED NOT TO KNOW OF CONRAD'S WHEREABOUTS TO HIS PARENTS, AND LOOKED TO "FRIENDS" FOR SYMPATHY.

She allowed him to die, she might as well have been there and left the scene. She was complicit in his death. All she had to do was call 911 and he'd be alive.

>telling a guy with mental illness to kill himself multiple times
>once he was in the car he said he was scared
>she told him to go back in
>she knew he was dying
>a simple 911 call could've saved him.
>she admitted it was her fault to her friends.

She's kinda hot

That bitch need to be behind bars. Fucking crazy person

The people v. Charlie Manson

The recent verdict is congruent with this historic case.

In other news, Helter Skelter is still the goal of the man behind the curtain.

>Actually, yes, very easily I know that...
very easy for you to know alternate timelines???

this true? others are saying shes crazy.

Svengali effect. Charles Manson didn't kill anyone himself, he just talked people into doing it for him. Still went to jail. Mafia godfathers just tell people to commit crimes , they still go to jail.
Sorry you have trouble grasping this with your sub 100 IQ.Sage.

Even when they deserve it, I don't really like seeing girls sad.

He wanted to kill himself anyway. Thats why he never told her to stop texting him that. She was just repeating to him what he had been saying to her for months, that he should kill himself. Not that it really matters why, you shouldn't be put in jail for someone else choosing to commit suicide.

Which rights of his did she violate?

Wrong, he chose to stop the process and she told him to get back in his car to finish it

Beta cucks who see their old female bully in her.

> be British
> be opposed to immigration
> make tweet
> go to jail

> be American
> text "kys"
> go to jail

> Be Canadian
> call someone sir
> go to jail

As a memespouting NEET I'm still better than her. Ha get fucked, bitch.

His basic right to life

Free speech does not protect speech that incites violence or harm

It shouldn't be illegal to kill oneself, thought.

>It's the common law concept

British “common laws” are retarded. I have no idea why America tolerates them. They are blatantly unconstitutional. America should have thrown all of them in the garbage in 1776. Who cares what some inbred king of another country said a thousand years ago? The Founding Fathers fought and won an entire war to get away from that bullshit. What’s next? Primae noctis?

>"duty of care". It isn't written in a law.

Americans are citizens. Not British subjects to be ordered around by pedophile nobles. Shove your so called "duty of care" up your ass.

she exercised no control and had no legal duty to him

under what theory of law is she guilty for his death?

I know that by all factual information she knew he was killing himself, heard him dying, and let him die.

If you're sitting next to a heroin addict who is OD'ing and want him to die, do you think you shouldn't she some penalty for just staring at him, and then walk away, not notifying a hospital or police? It's called duty to rescue, but in Carter's case it's much more egregious considering how badly she wanted him dead and her motive was far more premeditated and self-centered.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_to_rescue

>told him to kill himself
>it's almost like she shot him herself

He chose both. Unless she has some kind of body controlling power.

you're both fucking retarded, common law just fills in the gaps here

but there is no common law duty of care, where is she getting that from bong?

Because you're a faggot cu.ck

She didn't kill him, he chose to kill himself, she didn't take away his right to live

Then kill yourself Sven

Slowly but surely. Kill yourself if you're reading this.

You looking to get arrested?

It's not like he was able to make that decision, to not kill himself. You faggots will next say that mental illness doesn't exist. What psycho who tells a mentally ill person day after day to kill himself deserves to be a part of society?

Read the fucking texts and form your own opinion instead of asking people to do it for you. Jesus Christ.

that has nothing to do with what you said, so i guess you've rescinded that ridiculous claim.

He was under duress and incapable of making decisions for himself. She urged him to go back inside and kill himself instead

A

Dumb fuck doing the same useless post over and over. Days after days.
Is this the end of Sup Forums ?

>he was under duress
>he was under threat of harm from himself
>he was under threat of harm from himself, therefore somebody else is subject to actions taken under their duress

In some non anglo countries it would be labelled as failure to assist a person in danger, which can be brought to criminal court.

Appeal to emotion.

She found herself having influence over a vunerable, impressionable person. She chose to push him over the edge. That is an irresponsible abuse.
This is easy Sup Forums come on.

And thus many a true crime hath been evaded.

FUCKING

we've almost entirely rejected that concept altogether here

unless you are the cause for the danger, or you have an affirmative legal duty, there is no such failure

How was he mentally ill?

I'm revving up the blower, leaf

Exactly. Convicting her was an injustice. Just like Charles Manson. He never killed anyone either.

Also, do you know how loud it would be and for how long he would need the generator IN the truck while waiting to die? He may as well been annoyed to death. At that point just get a gun or knife Jesus.

That's exactly what I said, not what you implied there's a difference. Every text says he's scared, that he doesn't want to do it. He was done when he got out of the car, but even if that's not good enough, someone was there hearing him die from the first second he attempted to commit suicide, she had a million ways to not only persuade him not to, but could have gotten someone there immediately. Police were in a minute's distance from the K Mart parking lot where he was located, that wasn't Carter's plan. No alternate timeline here, it's not even speculation, it's not like he shot himself on a second's notice, he had to breathe in those fumes for about 10-15 minutes at least, that's 10-15 minutes, plus Conrad getting out convicing him to go back in, and carter did not call 911.

Free speech isn't a get out jail card for when other crimes are committed though, dumb ass.

Like if I told someone to murder my mother, I couldn't go "Lol, free speech!", because the fact is that I'm still an accomplice to murder at the very least.

>The defense would have become a decade long supreme court case involving a middle income family and an ACLU too cucked to see the value in making a defence on the basis of the first amendment.
>Parents couldn't afford the cost. Stuck with low rent cucked lawyer who secretly wishes the girl would just take the first deal she got.
>Now FoS can be completely ignored if the words in question are directly linked to a suicide WITH PRECEDENT. That puts every hero poster and anime avi in direct danger of being prosecuted over a "fucking kys"

This is all that needs to be said. Your life DOES NOT hinge on the words of me or anybody else. I don't care how pathetic you are, if you decide to pull the trigger on yourself then THAT'S ON YOU!

>common law just fills in the gaps here

You are a totalitarian statist. In America, freedom is suppose to fill in the "gaps". Not foreign laws made up by an inbred king a thousand years ago. Red states are rightly outlawing Sharia law. But we should be outlawing all foreign laws, British common laws included.

>but there is no common law duty of care, where is she getting that from bong?

From England of course. What the fuck did you think would happen? When you spit on the Constitution and allow foreign laws in, that is exactly what you get. British common law, primae noctis, sharia law, talmud law. You asked for this.

If she had influence over him, she would have gotten him not to want to kill himself, since thats what she was telling him originally, not to kill himself. If anything he's the one who had influence over her, because he eventually convinced her to see his point of view, that he should die.

He was a gay cunt.

She did nothing wrong.

New queen of Sup Forums

Driven cucks to suicide is no crime!

Not in the state of Massachusetts

Wow it's almost like you were there and know what they were both thinking! Crazy

>heroin addict who is OD'ing and want him to die, do you think you shouldn't she some penalty for just staring at him, and then walk away

Yes. Was that suppose to be a hard question? It wasn't.

>Any and every excuse in the world to excuse someone of responsibility for their own actions.